Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop (31409 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by wunmi590(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Owk cheesy
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by esmarcq(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
Versatility
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by bolaji3071(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Jregz:

fifa is going to "lag die", like extremely slow.

PES 14 would play but believe me,it's going to be slow, it's minimum is 128mb dedicated graphics mem..

You only have two options --- play an older version of PES, PES 13 would run well (even tho,you are going to get some blah blah messages about your video ram when starting the app) Or consider getting a new graphics card (512mb minimum).....
please how do I get D graphic card. Because since I bought my laptop I can't play any video game on it. I once took it to an engineer and I was instructed to drive it online which I don't no how to do. I can only install D video games like football and so buy dey won't display whenever I click on dem.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by dragnet: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Enlighten me biko..you seen to know wella..how do I get a new graphic card? And for how much? How will it be fixed?
The only thing you can do is get a new laptop with dedicated graphics, or if the model of your laptop has other variants with dedicated graphics, then buy similar motherboard.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by haibe(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Jregz:

fifa is going to "lag die", like extremely slow.

PES 14 would play but believe me,it's going to be slow, it's minimum is 128mb dedicated graphics mem..

You only have two options --- play an older version of PES, PES 13 would run well (even tho,you are going to get some blah blah messages about your video ram when starting the app) Or consider getting a new graphics card (512mb minimum).....

new graphics card for a laptop? How is that possible? Thought graphics cards on laptops are usually integrated

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by fiisms: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
NICE

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
dragnet:

The only thing you can do is get a new laptop with dedicated graphics, or if the model of your laptop has other variants with dedicated graphics, then buy similar motherboard.

Alright.. Will stick to what I have jare...thnxks
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
I Ordered HP envy dv7.Its windows 8 but it is set to arrive next week.I want to know if it has any short comings in relation to performance and most especially 3D gaming.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Leem4: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Graphics card or video card?
I think it is only, desktop wey get space for these.
Na ram space dey the back of your system, and d port at the back are usb port, LAN, V.G.A and HDMI. I DONT KNOW OF VIDEO CARD ON LAPTOP

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by keandre: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
i know
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:
Hi..I just got a new laptop and I don't know how to check the graphic card size...

Its 1.8Ghz sha with 4Gb Ram witn Win 8 OS..

*modified* FTC!!!!! Hehe...*dancing shoki* grin

go to run and type dxdiag
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by henryobinna(m): 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
dragnet:

You don't know about what you're saying
when I read that guy's post I got confused.

was talking of RAM or graphics card.

and its laptop not desktop

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by buoye1(m): 1:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Thanx nice info
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by guente02(m): 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
I do know that you can change a laptop's graphics card just that all the laptops has this capability.
As a gamer look out for the best graphics card as they tend to match it with decent spec.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by jackpot(f): 1:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
henryobinna:
when I read that guy's post I git confused.

was talking or RAM or graphics card.

and its laptop not desktop
reading your post got me confused too!
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Cooluche: 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Total available graphics memory = 1674MB or 1.674GB
Dedicated graphics memory = 32MB
Dedicated system memory = 0MB
Shared system memory = 1642MB or 1.642GB

Is this good enough for games like pes2014/Pes2015/Fifa 2015

No it is not, you need a "Dedicated graphics memory" of at least 512mb to 1gb.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Infoay: 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Correct op
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by jcflex(m): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I love my Sony VAIO.

confirm. very strong lappy. mine going to 3yrs nw. and no issue at all. am really enjoying it. thinking of getting anoda one self. n na still vaio i dey consider
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by WhiZTiM(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Here is my budget friendly Portable Rig:

* Intel Core i5 @ 1.7Ghz ~ 2.7Ghz Turbo boost (4210U Haswell 22nm, 2014) :
20 Graphics Execution Cores (pipelines)

* 6GB DDR3L RAM @1666Mhz

* NVIDIA GeForce 840M GPU (Maxwell, 2014); 2 GB dedicated DDR3L RAM; 384 CUDA cores (pipelines); 1Ghz clock; Optimus

* 750GB HDD

HP Pavilion p002nia

|~~~~~~~|~~~~~~|
It's a lowend/midrange High performance Laptop.
The System plays all 2014 Games fluidly...
Some at Ultra Settings.
HD ready (4K res).
It rarely heats up... Though I use a Laptop cooling pad when using it for games ...(to maximize performance scaling)
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
2G of RAM... 500GB HDD.....Processor Speed of 2.16GHZ.....Battery life of 9 hours at least.....LED screen..... HDMI ....USB ports... Student friendly price!..need I say more?...
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Misogynist2014(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
jcflex:

confirm. very strong lappy. mine going to 3yrs nw. and no issue at all. am really enjoying it. thinking of getting anoda one self. n na still vaio i dey consider
PURE SYSTEM HEAVEN! Playing PES on it is like playing on my PS2 , installing files is very fast. To cut the long story short, its very good, people don't even mind me selling mine to them. grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by chemmerfrank(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:
2G of RAM... 500GB HDD.....Processor Speed of 2.16GHZ.....Battery life of 9 hours at least.....LED screen..... HDMI ....USB ports... Student friendly price!..need I say more?...
9hrs battery life?? Story for the gods god
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by isacolukay(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
bynat:
Confirm job

Upon how u go hide urself for dark room, I could still see dat u r a fine girl
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by crusufixo(m): 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
@ op / all , I intend purchasing a new laptop soon, preferably hp

can any one advice on the model of hp ( with config ) I can go for

I generally do design stuffs / play fifa

I would really appreciate if I can get a feedback from either the op or a fellow nairalander on a very good hp lappy I can go for
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by isacolukay(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:

How much?

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by henryobinna(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
jackpot:
reading your post got me confused too!
hahaha... that 'or' is surposed to be 'of'

i meant
was talking of RAM or graphics card.

tryping from phone is not convenient at all
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
bright007:
nice thread

@OP.. i want you to advice me on the laptop i should buy.

i need a laptop with the best graphics especially one that can support high graphics requiring games, RAM of 10GB and above, HDD of 800gb and above, good battery, good processing speed. pls i would be glad if you can recommend a laptop you have used with similar attributes or anyone you know is ok. My budget is 120k.
lol....are u serious with that budget of urs..u cant even get a refurbished laptop with those specs at that price.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
isacolukay:

How much?

43k500 only
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
chemmerfrank:
9hrs battery life?? Story for the gods god

Money back guarantee
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by KazukiIto(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
dragnet:

You don't know about what you're saying

Seriously ehn! I just dey fold hand look am...

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Ajayiawo: 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
My only concern is the battery life. How do we determine how long the battery of a new laptop can last.?.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by KazukiIto(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
WhiZTiM:
Here is my budget friendly Portable Rig:

* Intel Core i5 @ 1.7Ghz ~ 2.7Ghz Turbo boost (4210U Haswell 22nm, 2014) :
20 Graphics Execution Cores (pipelines)

* 6GB DDR3L RAM @1666Mhz

* NVIDIA GeForce 840M GPU (Maxwell, 2014); 2 GB dedicated DDR3L RAM; 384 CUDA cores (pipelines); 1Ghz clock; Optimus

* 750GB HDD

HP Pavilion p002nia

|~~~~~~~|~~~~~~|
It's a lowend/midrange High performance Laptop.
The System plays all 2014 Games fluidly...
Some at Ultra Settings.
HD ready (4K res).
It rarely heats up... Though I use a Laptop cooling pad when using it for games ...(to maximize performance scaling)

Drop pix abeg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.