Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,516 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop (31413 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by vitality22(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
I need your assistance, is it OK for the ram to be bigger than speed in GHz, I mean can I have a ram of 4GB and a speed of say 1.8Ghz? Will it slow my system the more because the system is already slow and i intend to increase the ram from 1.28GB to 4GB. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by benkings(m): 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Total available graphics memory = 1674MB or 1.674GB
Dedicated graphics memory = 32MB
Dedicated system memory = 0MB
Shared system memory = 1642MB or 1.642GB

Is this good enough for games like pes2014/Pes2015/Fifa 2015
ur pc can't even run bluestack
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by jemijames: 2:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:
Hi..I just got a new laptop and I don't know how to check the graphic card size...

Its 1.8Ghz sha with 4Gb Ram witn Win 8 OS..

*modified* FTC!!!!! Hehe...*dancing shoki* grin

its bloody intel.... it cant even play movies tongue
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
jemijames:

its bloody intel.... it cant even play movies tongue

Bad belle ooo..it can play movies jor... tongue

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
benkings:
ur pc can't even run bluestack

Bad belle... sad
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:
2G of RAM... 500GB HDD.....Processor Speed of 2.16GHZ.....Battery life of 9 hours at least.....LED screen..... HDMI ....USB ports... Student friendly price!..need I say more?...
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by kowalsky: 4:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
bright007:
nice thread

@OP.. i want you to advice me on the laptop i should buy.

i need a laptop with the best graphics especially one that can support high graphics requiring games, RAM of 10GB and above, HDD of 800gb and above, good battery, good processing speed. pls i would be glad if you can recommend a laptop you have used with similar attributes or anyone you know is ok. My budget is 120k.

Hp envy
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by ellahzy(f): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
hp
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Romanciella(f): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
NeuroBoss:
zinox or apple?
zinox
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by isacolukay(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:

43k500 only

where r u domiciled?

Bluetooth? Wireless?? Just 2GB RAM.

Dont u feel its kinda expensive?

What's the brand? So I can ascertain for durability and ruggedity.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by benkings(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Bad belle... sad
lol, its true na,

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by abdulaz: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:
Hi..I just got a new laptop and I don't know how to check the graphic card size...

eteh mehya?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by franzis(m): 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
how did a copied post @ www.nairaland.com/2051341/not-buy-laptop-without-reading , make front page and the original didn't..... SMH for the mods
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by whizbee(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Goto your desktop,right-click and choose screen resolution,click advanced settings and there it is,all your graphic info will be seen

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 5:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
abdulaz:
eteh mehya?

Yay!! My guy in tribe! grin... Eteh odahi...
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by abdulaz: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Yay!! My guy in tribe! grin... Eteh odahi...
naso

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
whizbee:

Goto your desktop,right-click and choose screen resolution,click advanced settings and there it is,all your graphic info will be seen

Thnxks..
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
benkings:
lol, its true na,

Issalie...
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by ogeweb: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
BUDGET
How much do you have to offer for what you need?
PURPOSE/INTENT OF USE
What will your laptop be used for?, are you a rocket scientist interested in astrophysics research? or are you a molecular biochemist finding the cure to cancer? are you a lawyer that reads tons of documents? Is your line of work highly dependent on visual communication that will demand intensive graphics resources of your machine? or are you just the average user that focuses on work files, surf the net, play some good music and watch some movies if at all work grants you the time and convenience?
AFTER SALES SERVICES/CUSTOMER CARE?
Who do you run to when your screen displays "the blue screen of death"? or when your machine gets annoyed and refuses to perform the purpose for which it was purchased? remember you not interested in acquiring a PhD degree in computer engineering you just want you computer working at all times and not spending half of your day fixing bugs and patches! so it is wisdom to only purchase from accredited dealers, distributors, online retailers that can guarantee you at least one guaranty in case of any damage during the period.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
abdulaz:
naso

Yesh... grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by lycann(m): 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
HP 650 Notebook PC - INTEL Core i3 2.20GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA II HDD, DVD+/-RW, 15.6'' HD Display, Intel® HD Graphics, WiFi, Bluetooth®, WEBCAM, HDMI, Windows 8, is it OK?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
isacolukay:

where r u domiciled?

Bluetooth wireless lenovo...former IBM
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
isacolukay:

where r u domiciled?

Hehe... Ruggedity grin

Come and buy my samsung na...its still new ooo..pack available sef...grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Hehe... Ruggedity grin

Are you implying Samsung is more durable than Lenovo?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by isacolukay(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
Abduletudaye:

Hehe... Ruggedity grin

Na u know wetin u mean with the bolded o. But the specs wey I dey find na 99 percent ruggedity and 1 percent int.......

What's ur Samsung specs?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by BlackSEER(m): 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
how can one identify original/good HP battery? The problem with my laptop is battery.This year alone,i have bought three batteries at price of #4500 each.none lasted for three months,besides,they mostly last for 2:30 hours.I seriously need advice on what to do,help me.
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
BlackSEER:
how can one identify original/good HP battery? The problem with my laptop is battery.This year alone,i have bought three batteries at price of #4500 each.none lasted for three months,besides,they mostly last for 2:30 hours.I seriously need advice on what to do,help me.
15k on batteries alone!.....what's so special about that PC?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by BlackSEER(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:

15k on batteries alone!.....what's so special about that PC?

Do you think the problem is from the laptop?
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
isacolukay:

Na u know wetin u mean with the bolded o. But the specs wey I dey find na 99 percent ruggedity and 1 percent int.......

What's ur Samsung specs?

Its 1.8Ghz with 4Gb Ram witn Win 8 OS, 275GB HDD, Wireless, Bluetooth, webcam, Usb ports(3), good battery(5hrs)
Re: Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop by Abduletudaye(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
angels09:

Are you implying Samsung is more durable than Lenovo?

Ermmm..I didn't say so oooo.....grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.