Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable (2565 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Charged With Treasonable Felony By FG / Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / President Jonathan's Speech At Enugu Is Treasonable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by okiezman(m): 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
The Presidency on Wednesday said that the statement by the Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organization, Rotimi Amaechi, asking some soldiers in the Nigerian Army to mutiny against the military authorities is a treasonable pronouncement.

According to a late statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to thew President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, "No responsible Nigerian or political organization for that matter should ever contemplate encouraging or supporting mutiny in the Nigerian Army under any circumstances whatsoever.

"It is a pity that because of Amaechi's huge financial commitment to the General Buhari campaign, the presidential candidate of the APC has compromised his personal integrity and enviable military antecedents to endorse such reckless statement issued on his behalf.

"Rotimi Amaechi is no doubt an unrepentant socio-path whose main preoccupation is to desecrate constituted authority and create chaos and anarchy in the country.
Very recently, for an election that is yet to be conducted, he announced shamelessly that his party will form a parallel government if it loses in 2015.

"Nigerians must clearly see the unsuitability of the major personalities that hold sway in the APC for leadership in the country. We enjoin all Nigerians to roundly condemn this act of treason against the state in a naked and reckless pursuit of power." Okupe said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidency-statement-asking-soldiers-to-mutiny-is-treasonable/197583/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
If APC is a serious party they will ask AMAECHI to resign as DG of Buhari campaign

9 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by theV0ice: 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2014

7 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
theV0ice:

While i don't like how Amaechi put it, but has the Governor of Katsina state being asked to resign for this?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171411-katsina-governor-shema-caught-video-urging-supporters-crush-kill-political-opponents.html

http://pulse.ng/news/cockroach-comment-us-uk-others-condemn-katsina-governor-s-statement-id3294469.html

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/11/21/eu-ambassador-slams-katsina-governor-shema-over-kill-political-opponents-speech/

I am not asking Amaechi to resign as Governor, that's Amaechi's prerogative,

I am saying he should be asked to resign as DG Buhari campaign, failing which it can be assumed that Buhari is in support of Amaechi comments

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by theV0ice: 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

I am not asking Amaechi to resign as Governor, that's Amaechi's prerogative,

I am saying he should be asked to resign as DG Buhari campaign, failing which it can be assumed that Buhari is in support of Amaechi comments

We are saying the same thing. If PDP is a responsible party, they should have asked Shema to resign from office for that dangerous statement.

Did they even ask him to tender an apology or retract it?

5 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by mayorall(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Everyone scoring political points.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by shortgun(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
What do u expect from a tout like Amechi?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
theV0ice:

We are saying the same thing. If PDP is a responsible party, they should have asked Shema to resign from office for that dangerous statement.

PDP does not have capacity to sack shema as Governor. His position is secured by constitution

APC does not have capacity to sack Amaechi as Governor. That Position is also secured in constitution

However Buhari can distance himself from the Amaechi comments by relieving him of his duty as his campaign DG

Failing to do so, Buhari is in agreement with Amaechi on both his statement about parallel government and mutiny amongst soldiers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by theV0ice: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
mikeansy:

PDP does not have capacity to sack shema as Governor. His position is secured by constitution

APC does not have capacity to sack Amaechi as Governor. That Position is also secured in constitution

However Buhari can distance himself from the Amaechi comments by relieving him of his duty as his campaign

Failing to do so, Buhari is in agreement with Amaechi on both his statement about parallel government and mutiny amongst soldiers

my friend, when did sack come into the picture? i thought we were talking about resignation?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by SeverusSnape(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
I concur...It's a treasonable felony. It came from Amaechi the loud mouth, So I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Sylvarresta(m): 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
so mr clueless, the soldiers should be using dane gun to fight boko boys who are using better rifles, mr president there is God o

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
what doesnt it mean? treasonable? was not the country built on coup de-tat? has the country experienced two decades free of coup-de-tat/treasons? na gun dem go take remove jona. 18 bullets is not satisfatory but i will manage it.what doesnt it mean? treasonable? was not the country built on coup de-tat? has the country experienced two decades free of coup-de-tat/treasons? na gun dem go take remove jona. 18 bullets is not satisfatory but i will manage it.what doesnt it mean? treasonable? was not the country built on coup de-tat? has the country experienced two decades free of coup-de-tat/treasons? na gun dem go take remove jona. 18 bullets is not satisfatory but i will manage it.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by sufido123: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Buhari is a loser and a loose cannon

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by iamASTRO: 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
I support#change I support#GMB but I don't support mutiny,weapons don't win wars,people{brave soldiers} win wars!!!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by hushmail: 3:27am On Dec 25, 2014
its quite unfortunate that Amaechi massive financial commitment has made him to embark on a do or die mission.

He stupidly forgets that in the event of a coup, the southerners will be the ones languishing in jails while their northern counterparts will be in house arrest.

Buhari did it to ekwueme and other southern politicians.

If buhari shld demote amaechi to convoy driver immediately, since he has started reasoning negatively

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by omenka(m): 3:57am On Dec 25, 2014
theV0ice:

While i don't like how Amaechi put it, but has the Governor of Katsina state being asked to resign for this?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/171411-katsina-governor-shema-caught-video-urging-supporters-crush-kill-political-opponents.html

http://pulse.ng/news/cockroach-comment-us-uk-others-condemn-katsina-governor-s-statement-id3294469.html

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/11/21/eu-ambassador-slams-katsina-governor-shema-over-kill-political-opponents-speech/

Bro that is typical of the PDP but the opposition shouldn't be caught doing it. I think it is high time Amaechi became more circumspect with his utterances. Given the position he now occupies, he could either make or mar the General's chances of winning next year's elections.

The PDP has been waiting for the slightest slip up to latch unto. We can't afford to give them that at this critical period.

Amaechi should be cautioned abeg oo.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:02am On Dec 25, 2014
mikeansy:
If APC is a serious party they will ask AMAECHI to resign as DG of Buhari campaign
If PDP was a serious party they'll ask GEJ to step down and they'll present a better candidate to run for President.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by theV0ice: 4:47am On Dec 25, 2014
omenka:
Bro that is typical of the PDP but the opposition shouldn't be caught doing it. I think it is high time Amaechi became more circumspect with his utterances. Given the position he now occupies, he could either make or mar the General's chances of winning next year's elections.

The PDP has been waiting for the slightest slip up to latch unto. We can't afford to give them that at this critical period.

sure you're right. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of those who would crucify Amaechi. I hope those who have access to the APC leadership will bring it to his notice.

enjoy bro
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by fitzmayowa: 5:50am On Dec 25, 2014
This guy just talk too much
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by gratiaeo(m): 6:19am On Dec 25, 2014
Sylvarresta:
so mr clueless, the soldiers should be using dane gun to fight boko boys who are using better rifles, mr president there is God o
Nobody asked them to join military hence free to quite any day they want. Most of the weapons BH uses are weapons stole from Nigeria barracks. Have u ever asked your asked urself why did Nigeria soldiers became ill equiped immediately Ihejirika removed as the COAs?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 25, 2014
theV0ice:

Leave the yeye guy jare.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by minister2015: 7:27am On Dec 25, 2014
if pdp is a serious party, they should ask GEJ to resign; since after 6-year he agreed that he is confused n nigerians can't continue with his trial and error method.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by ba7man(m): 7:42am On Dec 25, 2014
So the Soldiers are to be treated as pawns in a bid to rob the Nation and be sent to sure deaths but they should have no say or consideration because they are "Soldiers" not humans, right??

Amechi doesn't need to say anything, its a sure course in human nature.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by PassingShot(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2014
I don't support Amaechi on that pronouncement. It is capable of throwing Nigeria into serious chaos.

However, if PDP had reined in their Okupes, Metuhs and other big wigs of theirs, we will not be hearing stuffs like this from the opposition camp.

He who lives in a glass house should learn not to throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by PassingShot(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2014
omenka:

Agreed 100%
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by mistabiola: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2014
Amaechi is too loose, he has forgotten that every word counts... It will be better for Buhari to caution him orelse.... You know the rest #DontKillNigeriaDream
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 25, 2014
This is one area I detest GEJ slow action.If I were the govt,I wouldn't consider d immunity clause at all for Gov Amaechi but will get him arrested and put him in Gashua prisons in Yobe state.GEJ should stop being gentle.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by nationwide1(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2014
APC is bereft of morality they try to portray.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by okiezman(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2014
theV0ice:

He has immunity remember. You saying off point
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by maestroferddi: 9:37am On Dec 25, 2014
omenka:

When you, in a fit of desperation, make such a divisive and cantankerous figure as Amaechi your campaign DG, you would duly reap this whirlwind playing out.

I daresay that Amaechi has unwittingly dealt a mortal blow to Buhari's chances of giving Jonathan a run for his money come February 14. Watch as PDP make all the political capital from this latest faux pas from Buhari's camp.
Re: Presidency: Statement Asking Soldiers To Mutiny Is Treasonable by Sealeddeal(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
All the Members of APC are quite emotional and power hungry. Amaechi is trying to settle scores with President Jonathan as well win power for Buhari. He has so far staged both plots with emotion and desperation.
Supporting mutiny in army is anti-democratic,treasonable. In fact,it show that Amaechi as well as APC does not understand military at all and do not value democracy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enter Here Sons And Daugthers Of Biafra Thread / Top 5 Most Dangerous Roads In The World / Oil Prices Drops Below $50 -bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.