Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben (89192 Views)

See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / Stephen Takim: A Notorious CRUTECH Lecturer Finally Nailed. / Angry OAU Students Pounce On Notorious Female Student Rapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Unibentested(m): 10:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
I came across this Display picture today and remembered My stay in the notorious Ekosodin Uniben during my undergraduate days and decided to share this experience...Date was December 23rd 2002. Location Ekosodin off campus Uniben.

I was walking down to my cousins hostel to give him a letter for my Dad since he was travelling back home the next day when I saw this pretty Skin (a term we uniben boys use for a pretty girl) walk into a hostel by the roadside. Like a normal Congilised Lagos boy schooling in Uniben, forming fine-boy and staying offcampus, armed with no money in the pocket and plenty wash-wash Pickup lines, I walked in and looked around for her, to no avail.

I went outside, sat down and waited patiently like a vulture for her to come outside. Next thing I saw two barrel chested guys walk out of the hostel towards me. They asked me what I was doing sitting there and I told them I was waiting for someone. Till date, I still wonder what happened to me that I did not tell them a thousand other lies, like my favourite 'Am Ashmatic' line I always used back then in the boarding house whenever I wanted to dodge washing for seniors.

Anyway to cut the long story short, one of them immediately told me, "so You nor see were to sidan wait na front of our Number one hostel you see!" As I tried to explain, I received two Slaps simultaneously. I recall counting a dozen other slaps and remember telling them my course of study when they asked me what was my discipline (only to find out later that they actually meant what cult I belonged to?).

After everything, I was stripped my ID card, keys and little cash and told to go and bring two crates of beer. Omo, I leave the ID card for them, next day I carry my bag run go Lagos go swear affidavit say armed robbers collect my wallet with ID card.

A friend of mine had a more terrible experience. He visited Ekosodin from BDPA where he lived for the first time and slept over in a girls house, unknown to him, a neighbour of the girl who was a cultist was eyeing the girl seriously.

All through the night as he was busy bursting her jerry can, He kept hearing footsteps outside. He called a friend of his who adviced him to leave there very early that Ekosodin was a really bad place, so he packed his stuff and told her he was leaving as early as 4.30 am only to see a bike man waiting outside the gate, as he was about to pass, two guys came out from nowhere and asked him to climb the bike.

Even in the darkness he did not need a soothsayer to tell him they had guns. He climbed the bike and they took him to the notorious Ekosodin Primary school. Where he saw about 40 other boys, sitting and smoking all forms of lung cancer enhancing things. He came down from the bike and knelt down as asked,as he was receiving the signature Ekosodin slaps, He heard someone from the crowd shout his name followed by "wetin you dey do here?"

He looked up and recognized a guy who was 4years his senior in back then in primary school and coincidentally his Mother's student back then as his mum was a teacher in the same primary school. In a harsh commanding tone the guy immediately asked them to free him and told the same bike-man to go and drop him at the school back gate whilst warning him never  to visit the girl again.

They say Teachers blessings are in Heaven. That day Heaven gave Him part of His mother's blessings because those Ekosodin boys for Use him face do Slap competition.

Where My Uniben peeps on this forum? Share your Ekosodin, BDPA, Osasogie experiences. Peeps from Other schools are welcome to share theirs too. Will share more later. Merry Xmas My people.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nogen: 10:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Useless School filled with cults. Nonsense tongue grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by chachazzy(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Lol, thats Ekosodin for you bro.
I rep'd Osasogie back then in sch.
Uniben is fun, Uniben is great!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by IKJ66(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nogen:
..............uniben. ΐ̲̅s not a useless school coz every school got cultism,,,ℓ̊ wnt watch u rubbish my sch...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Kentnickole(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
BDPA is usually cool but Osasogie is ghost and thieves laden. I remember those years, passing UBTH, you encounter either ghosts from UBTH (hear say) or armed robbers. Men go tear race... cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by chachazzy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nogen:
balderdash! Grow up dude.

15 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by pyyxxaro: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
Wetin make this lin babe punish this grab guy now grin

3 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by PapaNnamdi: 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
ekosodin, courage hostel i hail

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:04am On Dec 25, 2014
ok
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by danaiks(m): 1:05am On Dec 25, 2014
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by pabon(m): 1:05am On Dec 25, 2014
All these things happen in Ekosodin yet there are people who have never experienced such. I want to rent a place in Ekosodin next year and I'm no scared of anyone.
Please I need someone to help me secure a place close to the school gate.

#IRepUniben

Merry xmas joor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jamean(f): 1:07am On Dec 25, 2014
Koyo o!

Greatest gbogbo...
Greatest gbagba... cheesy

The only school that you start bending from main gate. grin

I dey come, make I sleep wake up, I will comment. wink Today is christmas. cheesy Oh, yes we made it.

#Ekosodin till PhD#
#teamUNIBEN# grin

Modified...

I was in Ekosodin for 3years, and didn't have a personal terrible experience. If a guy hails me "fine girl", na to humbly greet am o. But there was a close one that happened in 2012.

I stayed at Domus hostel just at Ekosodin gate. Quietly reading in my room one night as night class doesn't work for me. My window was just at the fence, facing the street where Vincente hostel is.

Suddenly, I heard a gunshot and loud scream of a lady. shocked I was still in shock, then heard another. Nai, I off light enter bed. For fear I couldn't even look through the window and there was dead silence everywhere.

Shortly afterwards, I heard conversations of paramedics and security officers. Till morning before I got the full gist. A well known Engine guy in company of a babe was fallen. The second gunshot was to ensure he really left. embarassed

Most people should know this event, twas just at my window. A really sad event, and he was soberly mourned.

NB: Please, don't tell my dad I stayed in Ekosodin. He never knew but paid the rents. grin grin

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by alotofgrace(m): 1:07am On Dec 25, 2014
is ds uniben student an mod

i finnished from uniben, stayed off edo street and off newton hostel......

how come this is fp?

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by bright007(f): 1:08am On Dec 25, 2014
first of all lets book space

i will comment later
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2014
ekosodin grin benin sambisa grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Ekosodin , forever a no no for me.

4 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jamean(f): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2014
undecided E dey pain you no be small o! Take heart o!

Nogen:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Adola1(m): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Thank God when I school @ Uniben Osasogie was my lodge. I finished around 2009

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by misterjosh(m): 1:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Hmmm, things do apun oo

1 Like

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 25, 2014
first 2 fp topics on this blissful day by uniben students. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by IAMGEJ(m): 1:11am On Dec 25, 2014
I wish you all very happy Christmas celebrations.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by gneisss: 1:12am On Dec 25, 2014
haha nice one but Trust my unical back in the days nah..u have to grow another set of liver to walk through the den famous back of library...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by koboko69: 1:12am On Dec 25, 2014
grin grin
Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 25, 2014
My uncle used to school there and he told me nothing but horror stories... I wonder which school is worse AAU or Uniben

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Jostico: 1:13am On Dec 25, 2014
i only came here to read comment.i never go uniben grin

2 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by mcpat(m): 1:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Lucky me, i spent 5 years without paying a dime or collecting d famous slap(s).. My friends and classmates were not that lucky tho

4 Likes

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by favouredvivy: 1:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Greatest Uniben students
Greatest Ekosodin
Proud to be an alumni
A survivor in ekosodin Uniben, is a survivor 4 lyfe

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by JoeCutie(m): 1:14am On Dec 25, 2014
So finally 'We' are on Front page...

Lemme goan complete my sleep first. Wait for me, I'm coming.

#TeamEKOsoGI
#TeamUNIBEND. grin
#Greatest Shhhhhhhhh..... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben by Feraz(m): 1:14am On Dec 25, 2014
Lol. . . .

This happened to a friend. According to him, he was playing ball on one field when he dribbled one of the players. People started laughing cos of the dribble. He joined them to laugh too only for him to receive slaps from the player. Omo, when people see wetin dey sup, like the Pharisees that left street condemning the adulterous woman did they all leave. He was asked to sit in a dustbin where students do dump their wastes. How it ended, I do not know.

Na there you go see one small guy wee people dey call bros. I was going to a friend's room when some guys called me. What I did, no idea but I guess what made them call me was cos I wore a red top and black trousers - normal clothes that guys wear. Asked me some questions before letting me go. They must have reasoned he's a Jew man.

MODIFIED

I recall when one was asking my elder sister who I was and she was like 'my brother'. (came for post UME then) The guy was like 'ah!! Make sense... Make sense. Welcome oh!' My sister then told me he said that cos he's seeing a potential candidate to initiate, that the day she'll catch me with him, no one knows what will happen.

My roommate had his own when one babe was disturbing him to come over. One particular day, he decided to and started walking with the girl, this was in the evening. On arriving the hostel, he saw some guys outside who then beckoned him. The girl he was with said he should not bother, that they're useless guys (see as woman dey cause wahala for guys oh). He answered them and after talking, he came in. At night, he heard some knocks and the Windows rattling. The girl checked and did not see anyone. This continued until he asked her what's up. She was like I'm sure it's all these cultists that like me. My roommate was like 'so some guys dey like you, na in you no tell me?' As the guy dry talk, in don dey wear him trousers. That night, my roommate run oh. . . grin

18 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Stop Asking People 'How Was Your Night', It Is Wrong English / Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.