Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:46 AM

Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page (12571 Views)

Summary Of My Architectural Works / What Percentage Of Your Annual Earning Should Be Paid As House Rent Per Annum / Tigerkenn Homes Property Development Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Dec 25, 2014
[b]2014 ANNUAL REVIEW

Hello friends,
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014.

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation in 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt.

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site.

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one.

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learn a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland.

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalizing some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity.

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients.

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I llan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings.

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all.

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by SailorXY: 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
you will grow from strength to strength, according to God's will

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by MomaDee(f): 12:28am On Jan 15, 2015
I still believe I will invite you to Niger Delta soon.
From all I've read from you, you sound like th type of guy I'd gladly work with.
E no go easy o coz I have some not too weird ideas that oppose the present construction ideal.

Well done with your good works and keep improving.
I've officially hung my Structural boot till further notice

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
MomaDee:
I still believe I will invite you to Niger Delta soon.
From all I've read from you, you sound like th type of guy I'd gladly work with.
E no go easy o coz I have some not too weird ideas that oppose the present construction ideal.

Well done with your good works and keep improving.
I've officially hung my Structural boot till further notice
you sound like someone with vast building knowledge

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by MomaDee(f): 3:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
2sExy1:
you sound like someone with vast building knowledge

Am still a learner or should I say I was a learner before I halted.
My few years in the field was fun especially being a lady and looking so soft, not many believed I could hold a tape till they see the tiger in me manifest at the site and they're shocked. I miss those days tho

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
[b]END OF THE YEAR REPORT FOR 2015

Hello my good people, it’s the end of another year, and a very good opportunity for us to sit back and take stock of our activities in the outgoing year. Every business organization ought to take steps to measure their progress and review their actions periodically. This will help the organization to chart its course, and redirect its actions to meet the ever changing business needs of its clients and customers.

2015 was a very tough year, made tougher because it was an election year in Nigeria and there was a lot of apprehension at the beginning of the year owing to fears by the masses for a peaceful election, or the resultant effects of a problematic election/handover. Many investors and prospective home owners were cautious in their steps, as many people did not want to start a building till the dust of the elections settles. This brought slowness to activities in the housing and property sector of the economy.

We at Tigerkenn Homes had a plan for last year, and it was to build as few houses as we can afford to handle, especially with utmost care and precision. We had a company focus of mastering the processes and creating a full range of building services with the best of professionalism at the best costs possible. How we performed at this task is left to your judgement.

We also upgraded our activities from being a home building company, to a real estate company acquiring and selling lands to willing buyers in different locations. We successfully acquired a large piece of land and sold it to many investors in Enugu state. We also started something in Imo state and will expand further in 2016.

In all, 2015 was a very good year at this company as we successfully added to the team, very competent and result oriented professionals which in turn, added finesse to our work, and a style of finish we had always craved for. Our works speak for themselves as they are all here, online.
We are geared for much more activities in the coming year 2016 as we are now ready to spread our tentacles to farther reaches in the country. We want to explore opportunities in Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Benin and even Abuja, in addition to all the other states we still work in. With a very young and experienced team of professionals, I am sure this is a task we can succeed, and even thrive in. You have trusted us in the past and we delivered, we will never fail in our efforts to serve you better.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas, and the most prosperous 2016. It shall be well with you.

TIGERKENN HOMES
08033350750, 07081821271. Tigerkenn@gmail.com, ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.[/b]
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is one of the projects we undertook this year 2015, this is a duplex + 4 flats we constructed in Port Harcourt. This house was built on two plots of land and took us 3 months to build. We can remember fond memories from the project, the commitment to good work ethics, the attention to details and our drive to meet agreed timelines were some of the things that made this project memorable to us.

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is another building we commenced in 2015. We built this house in less than 6 months and work is still ongoing in this house now. This is a 3 storey building of 8 flats of 3 bedrooms which we built in Enugu town. This house was a good way for me to build a new team dedicated to buiding multi storey buildings. Our experiences while building this house will guide us while making good buiding decisions in the future. In all, it was a lovely house. Budget: N19m.

This is another ongoing project from the stables of Tigerkenn homes. This is a block of 8 flats of 3 bedrooms house we are building in another part of Enugu urban. This project has drawn the best of my workers and we are set to build this house with the best of engineering practices. This is one of the projects that made our working year in 2015 fantastic.

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a classy home finish we are doing at Imo state, and everything is coming out cool, enjoy the pictures.

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
EZTKKY
IOHOP;IN
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
SYHTU5\
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
IYLIVCIOL
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think one of Spyders pikin don hijack him papa cellphone grin

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by whirlwind7(m): 5:34am On Dec 26, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I think one of Spyders pikin don hijack him papa cellphone grin

cheesy Those scrawls were intentional, I think.
He probably did it to reserve spaces for his subsequent posts.

5 Likes

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 26, 2015
whirlwind7:

cheesy Those scrawls were intentional, I think.
He probably did it to reserve spaces for his subsequent posts.

Okiedokie cheesy
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by nextstep(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
Always nice to read these annual summaries/recaps. More grease to your elbow!

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by plasgidy: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2015
Sydoo thanking you for the annual report. Hopefully my own project will get your attention in March 2016 God willing, I will ring you in regards to that. Thanks and happy new year in advance.

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 29, 2015
plasgidy:
Sydoo thanking you for the annual report. Hopefully my own project will get your attention in March 2016 God willing, I will ring you in regards to that. Thanks and happy new year in advance.

In sha allah.
Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 12:11am On Jan 01, 2016
[b]I don't know where to start, but I want to use this opportunity to thank all my esteemed readers, friends and partners here for all their support, prayers and encouragement throughout the year 2015. I must tell you all that I am still amazed by the confidence you repose in us. We also want to assure you all that we will do everything within our power to remain as transparent as possible, to deliver more buildings with precision and timeliness, to communicate with openness and speed, to improve on the overall quality of our product offerings, and finally to invest your funds in very safe and profitable ventures.

May 2016 be a year we all can spread our wings and fly high, soaring so high that everyone that knows us will marvel at the grace of GOD on our individual lives. May good health, prosperity and safety continue to pursue you all, may your lives continue to be a testimony to GOD.

Once again, we thank you all for all your support in 2015. Merci! Danke! Obrigado! xie xie! shukran! grazie! gracias! cheesy grin

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED
.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
What a year!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the end of another beautiful year in the Tigerkenn Homes family, and at times like this, we usually sit down and take stock of all our activities from the beginning of the year till the end. This is yet another report of our daily activities for 2016. Enjoy.
2016 started with a lot of uncertainty about the direction of Nigeria’s economy. From the first month, we had already started seeing signs of inflation, but we didn’t know this will slide into full recession. Consequently, most materials used in home building rose in price, due to the scarcity of foreign currencies with which to make imports for these goods and materials.
This rise in the cost of materials was a huge turning point in the construction industry as most suppliers, contractors and builders were caught unawares by this sudden rise. Many people made losses in the year. But in this company, we always watch the socio economic indicators and as such we got ready for what we know will be coming, as such we were not so much affected by the economic turmoil ravaging the country’s business sector.
This company has been undergoing some subtle changes, we have been shifting our focus from home building to estate management, land acquisitions and large estate construction and maintenance. As such, we made a lot of progress in some of our upcoming estates, we sold out our lands at Ugwuomu Nike, and then we moved to acquire a new land for sale. These lands are still on sale at Akpuoga nike in Enugu state. We also had to withdraw from Okuku, a border town to Owerri due to lack of interest from most buyers.
In the home construction segment, we built about 12 houses, we worked in Enugu, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Aba, Umuahia, Ebonyi and Nkanu. All the records will be attached under this post. Some of these buildings are still undergoing construction, and my workers are still working there. I use this opportunity to thank all my workers, all those who participated in many of our contracts, the unskilled workers, the semi skilled and even the professionals, we thank all our clients for the trust and confidence they reposed in us, Guys, you are just too much. We will continue to partner with you in the coming year and beyond.
We specially thank you all, our readers, you know, you are our special audience, and we owe you that top drawer performance, we will want to remain consistent in the delivery of good quality work. God bless you all.

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

2 Likes

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
This is one of the jobs we did at the beginning of this year, a home finish at Owerri, Imo state. Find the whole thread and pictures of the work here on this link... https://www.nairaland.com/2630873/house-home-home-finish-diaries/18

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
We also moved in to complete this house, an 8 flats house in Enugu. Follow this link for the thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2289431/8-flats-3-bedrooms-construction/12

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Then, we moved to Port Harcourt to build this fine house for a Nairalander...... https://www.nairaland.com/2949644/how-built-port-harcourt-4

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
We did a pre cast parapet, roofing and home finish in this house at Umuahia....... https://www.nairaland.com/3026009/pre-cast-parapet-roofing-finish/4

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
We soon returned to Port Harcourt to build this fine house for another nairalander....... https://www.nairaland.com/3112019/making-cute-5-bedroom-duplex/4

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
In Owerri again, we built this new 6 flats we started from last year https://www.nairaland.com/2719326/making-owerri-block-6-flats/2

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
This is in Enugu, the 8 flats we built form around the middle of the year... https://www.nairaland.com/3052762/building-12-flats-mini-estate/9

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
In Nkanu, we renovated a building, made some improvements on it and it became like this........ https://www.nairaland.com/3466884/home-improvement-diaries-tigerkenn-homes/1

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
This are details of another block of flats we started building, this time, in Umuahia, Abia state....... https://www.nairaland.com/3418127/construction-process-6-flats-3/3

Re: Tigerkenn Homes, Our Annual Summary Page by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
Another 8 flats of 2 bedroom house we are building in Enugu https://www.nairaland.com/3469209/new-construction-8-flats-2/2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Laminate Flooring (see Pics) / More Designs, See For Yourselves. / Four Die As Building Collapses In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.