Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? (1584 Views)

Humans Of Nairaland (Pictures): Continued / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by AloyEmeka9: 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2008
If God allow animals to practice polygamy, why not us humans especially Africans?.

You'll see a cock colonizing three hens or a he goat with five she goats. Some goats cross the boarder and mate with sheep(inter-racial mating). Why are we not allowed by God to practice polygamy according to our culture just like he allowed animals that are lower than us?.

I don't support polygamy please but I was wondering why God should forbid us from doing that and allow animals to do it.
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by SeanT21(f): 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2008
Are U comparing Humans to animals?

Do animals have the same type of knowledge as Humans?
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

I don't support polygamy please but I was wondering why God should forbid us from doing that and allow animals to do it.

First and foremost, my own God does not forbid polygamy, up to 4 wives for MAN.
But this is not forgetting to tell you that your analogy lacks logic. You could as well argue that if animals mate openly, then what's wrong in human beings having sex on the street.

Think of saner topics please.
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by osisi4: 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2008
Jarus:

But this is not forgetting to tell you that your analogy lacks logic. You could as well argue that if animals mate openly, then what's wrong in human beings having sex on the street.

Think of saner topics please.

He was not refering to allah, maybe he didn't make it clear.
I'm sure he's not expecting contributions from shango and amadioha worshippers either.
He 's talking of the God that says this after the creation of man.

Genesis 2:24 (ESV)
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

which Jesus later quoted in matthew.

Matthew 19:4–6 (ESV)
4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to[b] his wife[/b], and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by osisi4: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

If God allow animals to practice polygamy, why not us humans especially Africans?.

You'll see a cock colonizing three hens or a he goat with five she goats. Some goats cross the boarder and mate with sheep(inter-racial mating). Why are we not allowed by God to practice polygamy according to our culture just like he allowed animals that are lower than us?.

Emeka you better stick to one wife and look away from what chickens and goats are doing grin
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by earTHMama: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2008
Jarus:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? angry angry angry angry angry

Did God approve up to four husbands for a woman if He is a just God?

Can you think of saner answers please?
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2008
earTHMama:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? angry angry angry angry angry

Did God approve up to four husbands for a woman if He is a just God?

Can you think of saner answers please?
You have to understand that he's mus/lim

@Aloy-Emeka
You're not serious.
Can you even take care of more than one wife?
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by otele(m): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2008
make una cool down biko, all the otele mgbekes wey full this world, na who go marry them? ok, one man one wife, okay, fine, but young dudes go dey sample different systems from time to time, u must'nt marry them. . abi? grin
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2008
otele:

make una cool down biko, all the otele mgbekes wey full this world, na who go marry them? ok, one man one wife, okay, fine, but young dudes go dey sample different systems from time to time, u must'nt marry them. . abi? grin
Both of you are so not serious angry angry tongue
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by Andala: 1:03am On Dec 11, 2008
I can see your brain level is that of an animal,so go fill it up with knowledge
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by okunoba(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2008
To u guys quoting god, sorry to disappoint u, all these talk of my god said this, well the reality is, they are all the saying and quotes of fellow men who claim to be God`s representatives on earth, claims that can never be proved. Religion is man made. To get back to the issue, I believe if women are allowed to do the same and the parties involve are happy with it, I see no problem with it. I personally wouldn`t do it because of the complications that it brings.
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by earTHMama: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2008
To u guys quoting god, sorry to disappoint u, all these talk of my god said this, well the reality is, they are all the saying and quotes of fellow men who claim to be God`s representatives on earth, claims that can never be proved. Religion is man made. To get back to the issue, I believe if women are allowed to do the same and the parties involve are happy with it, I see no problem with it. I personally wouldn`t do it because of the complications that it brings.
Whaaaat? angry angry angry
Re: Polygamy: If God Allow Animals, Why Not Us Humans? by grafikdon: 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2008
As long as all the parties involved are in agreement, and the man has the mental and financial capability to handle the situation, I have no problem with that. I am not sure though why anyone would marry more than one wife these days when one wife alone is almost a full time job if you believe true marriage.

Nowadays, I cringe when I think about having more than two children. Suggesting more than one wife to me is like asking me to take a good look at my neck without a mirror.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Facts 101 / Ugly Or Finer / Did I Do The Right Thing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.