Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

Be An Informed Buyer - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Be An Informed Buyer (1004 Views)

Procuring Vehicles From Cotonou? Then Be Informed! / Make Informed Choices! - Free VIN Checks Available Here / Trying To Make Informed Decision On An 08 Accord. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be An Informed Buyer by Jesarmy(f): 5:19am On Dec 11, 2008
Hello Nairalanders,
I have been following this blogsite for quite sometimes and I must say that I am very impressed that something beautiful had stemmed out of my dear country.Pls. I would like to appeal to everyone to resolve their differences in a peaceful and professional manner and keep this beautiful thing going on.

As regards to posting VIN #,it is an excellent innovation to protect the buyer and give credibility to the seller.The truth is that there is a market for every product be it new,refurbished or salvaged the important thing is to be an informed buyer.My suggestion would be that the onus should be on the buyer to make sure that he or she request for a VIN # and run the carfax and autocheck report before entering in to any form of transaction with the seller whether you are buying from nairaland or not.

The fact that a vehicle has been tagged accidented does not necessarily suggests that it is bad,for most part, people in the US would rather junk their accident vehicle and get a new one than fix it for two reasons :they have insurance premiums that would replace the cars without any hassles and two you may be charged upwards of 800 USD to replace 100 USD worth of parts essentially the parts for replacement may be relatively cheap but the cost of labor is just too high that it does not make any economic sense to fix an accidented car in the U.S.

If you are operating on a budget buying an auctioned or accidented vehicle may be a very good bargain particularly if you can get someone to run a diagnostic test for you and make sure there are no major mechanical issues as for the aesthetics that can be easily fixed in Nigeria but if you can afford it certified pre-owned and new vehicles are the way to go.

If you need help getting carfax , autocheck report and sourcing for certified pre-owned or new vehicles in the U.S.Please do not hesitate to contact me at support@jesarmyventures.com

May God Bless us all and shower us all with His grace and mercy this Christmas and coming year.
Thank you all,
Jesarmy
Re: Be An Informed Buyer by ziontrain: 5:53am On Dec 11, 2008
@Jesarmy, welcome to nairaland. Thanks for your contribution.

I believe that as the onus is on the buyer to check the vehicle out, it will also not be a bad idea if nairaland is known all over the country as a place to go and find honest car dealers. To this effect, you may also want to ask car dealers to let buyers know what they are buying upfront i.e. if the vehicle is accidented or salvaged car that has been refurbished, say so upront and possibly give a guarantee. This will be a win-win for everybody.

If you have been following this forum for a while you will realize that the VIN number requirement did not just happen by accident. Series of unfortunate events led to it and nairalanders felt it's high time we all protected buyers on the forum. Once again, welcome.
Re: Be An Informed Buyer by igwe11(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2008
saw this now and felt this a must for any upright person to drop an upright comment without any extension.
@Jesarmy, God bless you for standing for the truth.
Re: Be An Informed Buyer by Jesarmy(f): 3:28am On Dec 12, 2008
@Ziontrain,@igwe1
Thanks for welcoming me to Nairaland and responding to my thread.

(1) (Reply)

1999 Model Honda Babyboy For Sale, Cotonou Cleared @ N950k / Honda Crv 2009 For Sale : Just 4 Months Old ! ! ! / Registered 2003 Toyota Rav4 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.