Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Antivirus Software Vs Internet Security - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Antivirus Software Vs Internet Security (470 Views)

Download Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 / Norton Antivirus 2015. 3 Users. Full Version With Activation Keys. 5k Only!!! / Can We Create Ebola Antivirus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Antivirus Software Vs Internet Security by sakalisis(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2014
Simply put, Antivirus Software is a software used to prevent, detect and remove virus from a computer while Internet Security Software is a software can composed of an Antivirus application as well as firewall, Anti-malware, Anti-spyware, Email protection program to mentions but a few i.e Internet security is composed of more than one application which is aim at providing TOTAL PROTECTION for your system.

Why Antivirus?

Antivirus will only remove virus that have it signature in the database of the edition being installed which means any virus produce after the edition release will not be detected by the Anti-virus unless you perform updates almost every week. It is easy to use, does not really slow down system operation and it is advisable for personal system which are not necessarily use for surfing the internet.The best free antivirus i can recommend is Avast.

Why Internet Security?

Internet Security protect you from many forms of malicious content and action by having advanced features such as firewall, phishing detection, protection against key logger, protect your bank details if you are an online shopper in addition to good swift action against Trojan and worms. It is a bit more expensive than Antivirus and is way better than it. Also, it require more memory and CPU usage which will be a concern for system with low RAM and processor.

Final Verdict:

Depending on what you do on system, I will advise you to go for Internet security if you are a frequent internet user and deal mostly with online banking or regular online shoppe but if not, a Normal Antivirus will do and don,t forget to update it so as to keep in touch with latest virus definitions.

I will recommend Avira internet security but i am currently using Bitdefender.

Source: http://saanextech.com/antivirus-software-vs-internet-security/

1 Like

Re: Antivirus Software Vs Internet Security by Edygrin(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice one, really wanted to know the difference between both. Am using Avast Internet Security 2015 though.

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Still Rules Social Media Ahead Of Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest / Top Free Antivirus Apps For Android Devices / Techafrikico Two Xiaomi Mi Band International Giveaway!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.