Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna (35789 Views)

Protest In Kano As Muslim Youths Burn Court Over 'blasphemous Comment' / Kaduna: Muslims Guard Christians During Xmas Service / Why Dose Southeast Governors Result To Cheap Patching Of Roads During Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
More than 200 Muslim youth volunteers are part of those protecting Christians during church services to celebrate this year’s Christmas in Kaduna, says Pastor Yohanna Buru.

Buru, a cleric of Christ Evangelical Church, Sabon Tasha, Kaduna South, disclosed this in an interview with pressmen in Kaduna.

He confirmed that over 200 Muslims were at his church to help protect the faithful from any attack during the church service.

According to him, the feat is the first of its kind after the series of crises that rocked the state in recent past.

“I really appreciate their love and care,’’ said the cleric.

Buru said the essence of that was to protect the Christian worshippers as part of effort to strengthen peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Christians in the state.

The pastor expressed happiness over the protection given to them by the Muslim brothers.

He noted the initiative was an indication that peace has come to stay in the state, saying the measure will strengthen a lasting peace between the two religions.

He also prayed God to continue to bring about peace in the country the country, praying that other citizens would emulate the gesture.

He urged Nigerians to learn to live in peace with one another irrespective of ethnic or religious differences.

The cleric said that peace was a major panacea to the positive development of any nation. (NAN)

I love this,Nigerians should learn to live in peace with one another irrespective of ethnic or religious differences.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muslim-youths-protect-christians-xmas-service-kaduna/

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Good

11 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by kilokeys(m): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
i remember some years back in Jos when Muslims and Christians fought and killed each other with daggers, sticks and stones.

bokoharam came into d picture. with bombs that didnt respect ethnicity or religion.

now these former rivals put away their differences to stay alive.

my theory,

chaos is sometimes necessary to quell chaos

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Ngwakwe: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Were they under threat or is there a security report (intelligence) warning them of such gathering?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by RockMaxi: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
This is the Nigerian spirit, but the do or die politicians in clerics coat and those seeking elective posts will use religion to cause division. undecided

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by acenazt: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm I didn't hear of this woh. I dey Television Kaduna. A neighborhood closest to Sabin Tasha.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by aare07(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Islam is PEACE
Muslims are not terrorist
Therefore, BOKO HARAM are not Muslim

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by san316(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
This is contrary to what some people sell on naira land. they emphasize the bad experiences and try to hide the good ones.

We are one in Nigeria

religion and ethnicity can no longer divide us.

GMB/PYO2015 Insha Allah.

115 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Rawani: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Impressive, I smell a new season for Nigeria, it's now obvious we are collective victims of terror and poor governance and we need to rise above our ethno-religious differences if we are to succeed in redeeming our nation and rescuing it from the misdirected opportunist called Jonathan and his gang of thieves.

Nigeria Sai Buhari!

67 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
awesome!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Sylvarresta(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
Waow, that's a good one, I still believe in One Nigeria irrespective of religion,ethnicity background

6 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by winnieG1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
picture of them protecting them or ...

10 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by dondebx(m): 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
;DI'm really impress with the development If things of this continue i predict better Nigeria. #onelove

first time on fp

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Boko haram and terrorism is not about islam or christianity. It is about a collection of chartalans and criminals pursuing evil course under the guise of religion and politics.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by HonourablePomk: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
Na so
Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by danaiks(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
Muslims...they are always repping peace!!
You all are blessed!! embarassed

20 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by akpanikpe(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
winnieG1:
picture of them protecting them or ...
we don't belive it.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by pabon(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
wow
Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Segadem(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
good
Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
cheesy WONDERFUL

#saynotoreligouscrises

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Akbee(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
good news.
however i hope this isnt yet anoda propaganda by Buhari n his armoured personnel carrier (APC)crew...Moslems n violence are sometimes synonymous.the issue of boko haram has left a thin line between the moslem world n religious intolerance.its now left for the sheep to separate themselves from the goats n ensure that the image of Moslem is no more tarnished by the bad eggs in their midst..
why r we fighting ourselves?WE ARE HERE FOR ALL OF US...IM a Christian n i avoid all sorts of extremism.its obvious that religious extremism is a fulfillment of Biblical prophecies but must we allow ourselves to be used by the devil.must Nigeria continue to be on the list of the most dangerous places to live on planet earth?terrorism has successfully taken us to where we r not supposed to be..the present administration cud have bn the best of all since independence if we had a peaceful atmosphere in our country..
shekau n his compatritots shud be aware of the fact that NIGERIA WL NOT FALL IN THEIR HANDS..THERE IS HOPE FOR NIGERIA OUR COUNTRY.WE SHALL DEFEAT TERRORISM ONE DAY.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by kendrick9(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
aare07:
Islam is PEACE
story for d gods. if they aren't then what are they?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
nice

2 Likes

If I believe this lies make I hear,the muslims I know no fit do such

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by slimaliyu(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
Later some clueless infidels will come shouting "muslims are terrorists"

15 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by damola311: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
I read this and feel the love for nigeria if we are really one

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by imsuboi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
mtcheeeeew

hypocrites undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by Segadem(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
aare07:
Islam is PEACE
They are deeper life and rccg members.
mtceeeeew!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
nice development

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Shot While Trying To Attack A Military Post In Borno.PICS / President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire / Atiku And Okowa Pull Out Of Presidential Town Hall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.