Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Contractors Lounge (83100 Views)

Nairaland Contractors Lounge - Season 2 / Information Marketer's Lounge (Special Thread For Info Marketer! ) / Forex EA Developers Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
visitor30:
@ databoy247,

Kudos for opening this thread and I want to say it's well timed for some of us.

I would like to also support what @scantee said, concerning documentation as most of them are for those already established contractors who want to bid for those bigger jobs and not for freshers.
However, I notice that you made some specifics that a fresher would need and the importance of starting small (Enterprise Level).....Nice one.

I work for an Oil & Gas servicing company in the their bidding dept and have experience in bid preparation from pre-qualification through to Commercial. Also familiar with all of those documentations you mentioned.

I and my colleague we wanna do what @Scantee is already into (set up our own personal) and we would like to draw loads of suggestions from you guys about company registration. Scantee, I sent you nairaland email message................Am also Port Harcourt base..........

have replied you, i stays in Shell RA which area are you in PH?

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by MrEdimulo82(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
interested grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
if you registering under NLNG all you need to get are:

1 Corporate Affairs Commission Schedule of Directors form (C07), and Statement of Allotment of Shares form (C02)
2.Current Tax Clearance Certificate
3 Certificate of Incorporation / Registration of Business Name
4 Memorandum and Articles of Association (Not Must)
5 Organizational Chart (with names and responsibilities of staff)
6 VAT Registration Certificate
7 Directors Signatures/Mandate
8 Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Policies and Procedures
9 Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Policies and Procedures
10 A Reference Letter from the company's bank, reflecting Account name, NUBAN account number and Sort Code
11 Employees' Compensation Certificate or evidence of payment of Employees' Liability with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
12 Copy of agreement with original equipment manufacturers/technical partners. (Not Must)

after which you can proceed with the online registration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by seguntijan(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nice one OP, God bless ur knowledge
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by semitunde: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissMeiya:

Civil engineers with a (or some) construction team contact(s).

Pm. Let's talk.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by laplace19(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissMeiya:

Civil engineers with a (or some) construction team contact(s).

Good evening,dear...I am a civil engineer and working with a construction firm (Herby construction firm)... I domicile in owerri.. thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
semitunde:

Pm. Let's talk.

What state?
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
laplace19:

Good evening,dear...I am a civil engineer and working with a construction firm (Herby construction firm)... I domicile in owerri.. thanks

Good evening. Looking for Cross River contractors, also I can't find Herby online. Thank you for responding.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by semitunde: 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissMeiya:

What state?

In Lagos. Not limited by location though.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by EleweUkwu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
I have a lot of plots of land for sale in Abuja. These lands are located at strategic points, and the costs are not on the high side taking cognizance of their locations, plus the fact that they come with C of O.

Below is a list of plots of land and other properties I have for sale. My office is located at Hotel Millennium Ltd, Plot 1906 Sokode Crescent Wuse Zone 5, Abuja. 08085323970.

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by databoy247(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hi all, am back.

Sorry for the absence, i have been busy with some stuff. For those of you who have contributed in one way or the other, thanks...believe me, am also learning from you guys. And for those of you who have tried contacting me via email, you can check now as i have responded to all emails.

So back to business.
Nelton:
Databoy thank you very much for this thread. You are a blessing to so many people. Pls come back and tell us about networking which is key ro success in contracting business. We will also need you to place your contact here because a lot of people would love to partner with you on so many things. Once again thanks
and God bless.
I can be reached on 09050951360 or nwakstar@gmail.com, my website is www.fivestarglobal.net

scantee:
@op God bless you nice thread. Though i just want to point out few things from ur post so far, many of what you listed (documents) here is not really neccessary for freshiers, especially the Nipex registration, i have pratically worked with at least 5 big oil coy, and still with them now, at same time my company (personal) runs a lot of contract jobs for spdc, nlng, agip, mobil, cheavelon etc without all that documents listed, and i am a bit confussed that some of the prices of some registration you mentioned differs here in Ph. Any way keep the good work coming, i will be contributing bit by bit as we progress, with time i would'nt mind given out a comprehensive contract profile for free here, it contains all the polices, method statements, it contains over 20 polices,
I am familiar with contractors who don't really have those documents and yet they get contracts. It happens because those are the big boys of the industry. The company i worked for before i resigned is owned by the former (retired last 2 years) Delta State coordinator of NDDC. Now this person practically sits with someone,a white man (i can't mention his name), who is one of the top guns of Chevron not here in Nigeria, but all the way in Texas, United States. Now this person, she does not bid for projects neither does she submit tons of documents. When Chevron needs a job done, they just email here requesting her company to submit a quotation. And that is all! But for upcoming guys like us, we all need these documentations.

Now if you observe clearly, most major contracts are announced in the Nipex website, visit the site and you will find listings of most contracts, which means they are making those information to their registered members. Some of these companies now do not send emails as per when there is an available contract. They post it on nipex website and nipex in turn will make it available to you. But these are really not compulsory if you are hustling contracts from a manufacturing industry or perhaps a construction company, etc. It's only mandatory if you want to work with oil companies (from the best of my knowledge).

When you mentioned price difference in ph, i believe it should be on a higher side over there.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by emmadejust(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
am so Happy and complete to come across your detail guild on document needed for procuring contract..... God bless you real good @databoy247........ scantee weldone for ur valuable contribution,

I wil Like to know About the requirement for getting contract from companies, am into windows and doors constructions, and painting of residential and industrial building works.

I am port harcourt also, I wish we can come together to shares values and skills in helpin aspiring and new contractors in the city, ....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by MrEdimulo82(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
@databoy...the thread is so inspiring and educative. One thing I was going to say the so called highlighted registration prerequisite are specific and also inexhaustive depending on the industry or sector. Nice one! once again. Two. i hope am not being forward, I will like you to wet my appetite on income, resource , or credit facilities procedure for project as most project are capital based( not necessarily high capital). Thanks wink
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Aiykegenihus: 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
My company's name is Simgab Global Resources, registered with CAC. We deal on cleaning and supply of metal scrap and general supply and contract. Contact us on 07062887814 or our email: simgab89@yahoo.com. Qualitative and Time Effectiveness is our watchword.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by kingPINN(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
musb92yahooco:
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!

Take this nonsense away from here kid!!

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Emblj: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
@ databoy247, this is a great gift. Highly informative. I appreciate u sharing ur knowledge with others. Am followong with passion.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by ycomics: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
We are an ICT,MEDIA & SECURITY COMPANY. we deploy CCTV & IP CAMERA,Web Design. And Software Development,Fire And Burglary Alarm System,Time attendance and Access Control system and Networking. Call us for any of Our services
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by JahsPet: 12:01am On Jan 10, 2015
Thank the lord no certificate is required to register with CAC or to follow this thread....I go follow am up to d conclusion without certifcate...grin

Great piece @Databoy, My rich nigga! Thanks to our seniors who have contributed too - we are looking forward to ur full contributions too.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by log1(m): 12:08am On Jan 10, 2015
@ scantee

Kindly please check your PM.. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by laplace19(m): 12:09am On Jan 10, 2015
MissMeiya:

Good evening. Looking for Cross River contractors, also I can't find Herby online. Thank you for responding.

Ok... Hope you get those staying in Cross River..... but if you have any job within imo or Abia just notify me,dear... thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Freshtomato(f): 1:58am On Jan 10, 2015
Wow just what I have been searching for. God bless you op.

Please do shade more light on "networking"

Thanks
#following
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2015
Lovely. I'm learning a lot from u sir. U are GOD sent
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2015
scantee:
@op God bless you nice thread. Though i just want to point out few things from ur post so far, many of what you listed (documents) here is not really neccessary for freshiers, especially the Nipex registration, i have pratically worked with at least 5 big oil coy, and still with them now, at same time my company (personal) runs a lot of contract jobs for spdc, nlng, agip, mobil, cheavelon etc without all that documents listed, and i am a bit confussed that some of the prices of some registration you mentioned differs here in Ph. Any way keep the good work coming, i will be contributing bit by bit as we progress, with time i would'nt mind given out a comprehensive contract profile for free here, it contains all the polices, method statements, it contains over 20 polices,
sir, please I need those policies. Post them here for people to learn
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by bosunjohns(m): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2015
How do I get a project completion certificate ?thank you
databoy247:

Yes, because what matters most is your area of competence evidenced by previous work done, project completion certificate, etc. If you are bidding for a job on I.T, at least your corporate profile should carry enough of that plus your staff must be competent in that area too (talking about their professional profile).
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 10, 2015
bosunjohns:
How do I get a project completion certificate ?thank you
u get project completion certificate from a company u have worked for(as in get a contract done) before. Its after u must have completed the contract that the certificate is handed over to you, to show that indeed u have executed the contract.
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by shortgun(m): 8:42am On Jan 10, 2015
PINNACLE TECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED.
contact us if you have links for contracts in Abuja or anywhere in Nigeria .
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2015
lrguru:
sir, please I need those policies. Post them here for people to learn

Sorry is my company polices, i will only give it few people along the line to use and prepare theirs. So is not something i post on a forum.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by joshua112: 10:10am On Jan 10, 2015
shortgun:
PINNACLE TECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED.
contact us for contracts in Abuja.

I would really know how you help people get contracts in Abuja cos as far as im concerned most so called contracts in abuja are scams to het money out from people I have almost been a victim twice.
I am an architect with over 10yrs experience in architecture and construction,i run a construction and architectural outfit(Archcrete limited) registered with CAC .I have done projects in lagos,portharcout,bayelsa and even wuse(Abuja) but most are projects given to me by individuals so I don't mind getting more individual projects cos I know people use a lot of govt contracts to scam people which is very rampant in Abuja.im based in Lagos and Abuja depending of the place I have more jobs at hand
Re: Nairaland Contractors Lounge by scantee(m): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2015
emmadejust:
am so Happy and complete to come across your detail guild on document needed for procuring contract..... God bless you real good @databoy247........ scantee weldone for ur valuable contribution,

I wil Like to know About the requirement for getting contract from companies, am into windows and doors constructions, and painting of residential and industrial building works.

I am port harcourt also, I wish we can come together to shares values and skills in helpin aspiring and new contractors in the city, ....

Bro your type of work is hot cake in Nlng here in ph, they give out such jobs often, all you need is to do is register at nlng suppliers portal.

Why i am recomending nlng for you to start with is because is you have 80% chance of securing a contracts after applying especially as your in PH.

How to go about it? Note your registration cant be completed without providing all the docs required because the site will not allow you to proceed to next page without completing/providing all the docs in the first page.

Make sure your company is registered to do business in Nigeria nation wide.

Since your in ph if you can be able to get letter of recomendation from any community king/chief believe me you stand a better chance than others.

The required docs are:

1 Corporate Affairs Commission Schedule of Directors form (C07), and Statement of Allotment of Shares form (C02)

2.Current Tax Clearance Certificate

3 Certificate of Incorporation / Registration of Business Name

4 Memorandum and Articles of Association (Not Must)

5 Organizational Chart (with names and responsibilities of staff)

6 VAT Registration Certificate

7 Directors Signatures/Mandate

8 Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) Policies and Procedures

9 Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Policies and Procedures

10 A Reference Letter from the company's bank, reflecting Account name, NUBAN account number and Sort Code

11 Employees' Compensation Certificate or evidence of payment of Employees' Liability with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF

12 Copy of agreement with original equipment manufacturers/technical partners. (Not Must)

If you have all these docs your good to go.

Though you can start the registration while getting the other documents, just be saving it while your registering, dont submit yet.

Brb

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo) / Meet Grasshoppers Seller Who Makes ₦20,000 To ₦30,000 Daily In Kaduna (Video) / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.