Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen (18435 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Tips on How To Protect Your Car From Being Stolen This Christmas Period / Where's Your Car From? Automobile, And Their Origins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by CarGuideNG: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by pooozeee(m): 8:18am On Nov 28, 2018
There is a way the steering it self could be lock without using a metal steering lock, could this also be a way to prevent our vehicles from been stolen ?

Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by consultancy: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2018
lastly, have a comprehensive insurance just in case the unforeseen happens
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Hoodbilonia: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2018
no other sure way than
steering locked
pedal locked
seat lockee
engine knocked
key...open
enjoy the ride
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by computerglobal(m): 8:37am On Nov 28, 2018
consultancy:
lastly, have a comprehensive insurance just in case the unforeseen happens

Okay thats cool
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by computerglobal(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2018
Op nice topic

A vehicle tracker should be installed grin

Are you planning on getting a vehicle this season be it used or tokunbo car.Ensure you carry out a comprehensive Vehicle history report , verify custom duty document and get it inspected before purchase
Contact us today for a well detailed report.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by veeberry(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2018
Someone told me the steering wheel lock is N5000. I promised to pay for it this weekend. I drive a mercedes c180
davit:

Steering wheel is not that expensive. I bought mine 1,500 naira. I drive Toyota corolla 03. Cheers.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by wink2015(m): 9:08am On Nov 28, 2018
AutosBay:
Car theft is nothing new because everything of value attracts thieves and therefore extra care must be taken to prevent the loss of one’s valuables like a car to thieves, who most times strike when and where you least expect.
A car doesn’t have to be expen­sive to be a target. Thieves often steal vehicles just to strip them of their parts and metal compo­nents. Others steal cars to use as getaway vehicles while commit­ting other crimes. It doesn’t mat­ter if you drive a new luxury se­dan or an old pickup truck. Car theft is a reality that you need to guard against. Multiple devices are available that help protect against your vehicle getting sto­len.
Car theft is a serious prob­lem, and there is no right or wrong answer as far as what you should use to prevent it. How­ever, always lock all your doors, keep your windows up and follow basic common sense whenever leaving your vehicle. Additional security measures do help pre­vent your car from being stolen, but only if you use them consis­tently and in the way they are intended.

1. Car Alarm

Nearly everyone is familiar with the basic car alarm.
One advantage of car alarms is that they make it harder for a car thief to operate anonymous­ly. Thieves don’t want attention, and a loud, blaring siren is bound to get the attention of anyone nearby, including the car owner. As a result, the thief is more likely to bypass a car with an alarm for a vehicle without one.
The disadvantage of car alarms is how common they are and how often they go off acci­dently. The panic button on the key fob in someone’s pocket often gets pushed accidently, either in the pocket or while the owner is pulling the keys out, and this triggers a false alarm.

2. Steering Wheel Lock

A steering wheel lock bar slides over the steering wheel and locks in place, preventing a thief from being able to turn the wheel be­cause the bar hits the car door, preventing the wheel from turn­ing. The bar is typically made out of hardened metal to make it dif­ficult to cut. It also slides inward to make it more compact when not in use, allowing you to store it quickly. under the seat or in the trunk.
One advantage of the steering wheel lock bar is that it’s simple and easy to use. It fits onto the steering wheel in seconds and just requires a key to remove it. It is also cost-effective.

3. Kill Switch

A kill switch works either as a stand-alone device or with an alarm system. When a thief tries to start the car without a key, the kill switch cuts off the fuel to the car or shuts off the electri­cal system, preventing the thief from taking the car anywhere. The kill switch is disengaged with a plastic key or an entry code, much like a car alarm­.

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/simple-ways-prevent-your-car-being-stolen?utm_content=bufferfd7f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

With all this technologies, why is it that car owners are rushing to fm radio station and newspapers pages to report the theft of their car.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by verifiablefacts: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2018
ednut1:
Na church dem dey target now
they wan steal church?☺
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by AmigoDeDon(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2018
Tracker the mordern way
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Psoul(m): 10:17am On Nov 28, 2018
itiswellandwell:
Help us with tips on how to prevent thieves from removing your car parts as well.

Whenever u park ur car, draw a big circle around the car, pour a mixture of yellow, white and red grounded chalk around the car. Drop small quantity of condemned oil on the 4 doors. Leave one of the back doors open. I bet u, no one will try to get close to ur car. You self will even be scared to touch the next morning.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by swizzdre(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2018
AutosBay:
Car theft is nothing new because everything of value attracts thieves and therefore extra care must be taken to prevent the loss of one’s valuables like a car to thieves, who most times strike when and where you least expect.
A car doesn’t have to be expen­sive to be a target. Thieves often steal vehicles just to strip them of their parts and metal compo­nents. Others steal cars to use as getaway vehicles while commit­ting other crimes. It doesn’t mat­ter if you drive a new luxury se­dan or an old pickup truck. Car theft is a reality that you need to guard against. Multiple devices are available that help protect against your vehicle getting sto­len.
Car theft is a serious prob­lem, and there is no right or wrong answer as far as what you should use to prevent it. How­ever, always lock all your doors, keep your windows up and follow basic common sense whenever leaving your vehicle. Additional security measures do help pre­vent your car from being stolen, but only if you use them consis­tently and in the way they are intended.

1. Car Alarm

Nearly everyone is familiar with the basic car alarm.
One advantage of car alarms is that they make it harder for a car thief to operate anonymous­ly. Thieves don’t want attention, and a loud, blaring siren is bound to get the attention of anyone nearby, including the car owner. As a result, the thief is more likely to bypass a car with an alarm for a vehicle without one.
The disadvantage of car alarms is how common they are and how often they go off acci­dently. The panic button on the key fob in someone’s pocket often gets pushed accidently, either in the pocket or while the owner is pulling the keys out, and this triggers a false alarm.

2. Steering Wheel Lock

A steering wheel lock bar slides over the steering wheel and locks in place, preventing a thief from being able to turn the wheel be­cause the bar hits the car door, preventing the wheel from turn­ing. The bar is typically made out of hardened metal to make it dif­ficult to cut. It also slides inward to make it more compact when not in use, allowing you to store it quickly. under the seat or in the trunk.
One advantage of the steering wheel lock bar is that it’s simple and easy to use. It fits onto the steering wheel in seconds and just requires a key to remove it. It is also cost-effective.

3. Kill Switch

A kill switch works either as a stand-alone device or with an alarm system. When a thief tries to start the car without a key, the kill switch cuts off the fuel to the car or shuts off the electri­cal system, preventing the thief from taking the car anywhere. The kill switch is disengaged with a plastic key or an entry code, much like a car alarm­.

Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/simple-ways-prevent-your-car-being-stolen?utm_content=bufferfd7f2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
and get a good motor insurance from axa mansard insurance.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Chinny024(f): 10:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Any advice on how to secure Lexus 330 conveniently apart from the alarm?...
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by mvik57: 9:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
1.Think twice where to park your car..!
2.Be sure your car alarm works well!)
3. Insure your car for unforeseen cases.
Guys,truly saying, I think that car insurance is the only way that works because car thieves are very inventive nowadays.
I insured my car on this site, I got into car accidents several times and this company worked great, just my humble opinion.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
Just buy Volkswagen car, no one will come close.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by samkal(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
igahdavid:
This tips are ok.
The most important thing is to get a tracker
So, you will be able to recover your car even if it's stolen.

Check our signature if you want a reliable car tracker

See some of our stolen but recovered vehicle
https://www.nairaland.com/899639/stolen-recovered-vehicles

Am interested,.. how about cost?
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by samkal(m): 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
veeberry:
Someone told me the steering wheel lock is N5000. I promised to pay for it this weekend. I drive a mercedes c180

I bought mine 1500 or so 2years ago.. still cant be 5k by now.
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Chineduogbojo95: 2:05am On Dec 12, 2018
Watch this if you don't want your car to be stolen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObleN-I-s4
Re: Simple Ways To Prevent Your Car From Being Stolen by Stricklybidness(m): 4:32am On Aug 12, 2021
itiswellandwell:
Help us with tips on how to prevent thieves from removing your car parts as well.

It depends on the kind of part you are talking about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drivers' License Expiration Is Now "5 Years" Says Federal Government / Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.