Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam (61911 Views)

Between This Four Fast Rising Stars, Who Do You Think Is More Talented?(photos) / Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry / Charles Novia Releases Top 5 Nollywood Actresses For 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
tweeby:
Money blinds... let d money finish,dere eye go clear see rightly
Oohh you even see the reason..may you not bow to money rather the reverse ill be the case.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Akinrogun(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
BinghiNya:
Thank God for them, they left total darkness(christianity) for light(Islam). God created all men muslims but evil forces confused some into christianity. Allah Akbar
really.......are u saying pre-Mohammed era, all humanity are Muslims...... bt Abdullahi d father of Mohammed is a pagan to d core..... tell me something new excluding embellishments and falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Akinrogun(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
HzRF:

Did you have any information that he paid?
damn...... Fayose has not paid salaries......wassup.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
ddippset:
of all, Laide Bakare is the most honest; she met a man named ATM and converted to islam. i wonder what she could have done if his name was CBN.
She would just fall and worship him as her God directly.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Misogynist2014(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Føols!
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by HzRF(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
KLand:

Not at all. I am just surprised that the salaries are still outstanding, 3 months after I got to know tht civil servants in State of Osun were being owed their salaries.
That's how things is in osun
But he didn't try to cover up with lies
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
BinghiNya:
Thank God for them, they left total darkness(christianity) for light(Islam). God created all men muslims but evil forces confused some into christianity. Allah Akbar

Mad man

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
phemmyflexxy:
I pray Allah guides u all even if you have accepted Islam for the wrong reasons... Ameen
Sensible comment..makes me believe there are peaceful and reasonable moslems.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Was actually very curiose to see the set of men that turned theirselves to RUGU only to see single girls that are driven by the love of money...its a pity for them (women) !
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by psalmsantapioka(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
How does dat stop GEJ from winning the election come 2015?
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by fuckerholic(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
aminusanti:
99% of d pple commenting negatively about islam have no idea what the religion is all about, u r just followers of parents ideologies on religion...I bet if any one you will SINCERELY study what islam is all about, u ll come to know the facts....
You too are you not followers of same parental ideologies ?
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

Mankind has been known for self-destructive tendencies. They yearn for freedom but are prepared to enslave themselves to an ideal or belief. Islam provides the perfect foil for 'slavery of the mind'. So I'm not surprised if billions fall prey to the greatest mind-control success in the world.

You are taught to believe the words of an arab psycopath but on the other hand, its an act of apostasy punishable by death to even question his teachings....how cute!

As for reason why most people still hold on to it, apostasy (conversion to another religion) is a crime punishable by death in most islamic countries. Not talk of persecution and honor killings perpetrated by family members against pple who dare to convert. For most people, to leave islam is at a great risk to their lives.....is that what you are proud of??

There are at least 80m Muslims in Nigeria, for starters, are they holding on to it because of fear too? The last time I checked, no Nigerian has been killed for apostacy.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by ElekeNtioba: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Jarus:

There are at least 80m Muslims in Nigeria, for starters, are they holding on to it because of fear too? The last time I checked, no Nigerian has been killed for apostacy.

Death penalty for apostasy is in the islamic law (Sharia) thats why countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran implement it. Are u more muslim than them?? Do they read a different quran from yours??

Here is a link: http://leadership.ng/news/352827/conversion-christianity-father-allegedly-kills-daughter-attacks-pastor

This is just one example of 'honor killing' prevalent in islam. We all know there is serious under-reporting of events in some parts of Nigeria especially in the North, most likely some of these things are normal there. Just imagine what happens among the illiterate hausa/fulani muslims. We have seen their appetite for violence and blood-shedding.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 6:54am On Dec 29, 2014
HzRF:

That's how things is in osun
But he didn't try to cover up with lies

OK.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2014
Jarus:

Sorry the statistics is flawed. Pls don't overrate the population of moslems in Nigeria.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2014
KLand:

Sorry the statistics is flawed. Pls don't overrate the population of moslems in Nigeria.

So are you saying Muslims are not up to 45% of Nigerians minimum?
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Niyoga(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2014
If we checked very well how their conversion came up, you find out that they married one big man or Alhaji that ve money. They don't like ISLAM, but rather the MONEY.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2014
Jarus:

So are you saying Muslims are not up to 45% of Nigerians minimum?

That's not what I am saying. But I know that the population of moslems in Nigeria is generally overrated.

We know there are more moslems in the North. But there are also more Christians in there than is generally known. I think one Femi Aribisala was aware of this when he wrote in one Vanguard article as follows:

"It must be pointed out that there are far more Christians in the North than many realise. Adamawa, Benue, Nassarawa, Plateau and Taraba all have majority Christian populations; while Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Kaduna, Kogi, Kwara and Niger have significant Christian populations."

I am sure many Nigerians don't know this statistics. Many ignorantly assume that all northern states are moslems.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

my 'hurtfulness' is nothing compared to d pain of the mothers of over 200 Chibok girls being held as sex-slaves by a group of lunatics inspired by an arab psychopath.

Whenever u run into any of the mothers do me a favour and ask them that question. Their answer will give you an insight into d extent islam has destroyed pple's lives.
can u remember your president said he knows where those girls are? Why can't he bring them back if he isn't responsible for it? He is probably the "Arab psychopath" here. Are u really angry with Muslims or yourself?
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by ElekeNtioba: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
trippy:
can u remember your president said he knows where those girls are? Why can't he bring them back if he isn't responsible for it? He is probably the "Arab psychopath" here. Are u really angry with Muslims or yourself?

dont quote GEJ out of context because ur head is filled with propaganda dat u cant even reason with it.

Read the full news report here: http://www.forwardnigeria.ng/as_jonathan_asserts_government_knows_where_chibok_girls_are_held_us_surveillance_planes_spot_groups_in_remote_areas

Ask ur urself this question? Why would he fail to rescue girls whose ordeal greatly embarassed his administration all over the world?? What does he stand to gain from it??

You just validated my theory of muslims being very irrational. It appears u pple have lost every iota of common sense.

so Jonathan is responsible for the kidnapping because he hasnt rescued d girls Do you remember seeing your brother Abubakar Shekau on CNN reading from quran to justify the despicable act he committed?? So Jonathan not mohammed inspired him too??

May God restore ur thinking faculty....clearly u have lost it. #finalReply

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
KLand:

That's not what I am saying. But I know that the population of moslems in Nigeria is generally overrated.

We know there are more moslems in the North. But there are also more Christians in there than is generally known. I think one Femi Aribisala was aware of this when he wrote in one Vanguard article as follows:

"It must be pointed out that there are far more Christians in the North than many realise. Adamawa, Benue, Nassarawa, Plateau and Taraba all have majority Christian populations; while Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Kaduna, Kogi, Kwara and Niger have significant Christian populations."

I am sure many Nigerians don't know this statistics. Many ignorantly assume that all northern states are moslems.

Funny how you are "not saying Muslims are not less than 45% of Nigerians" and don't agree Muslims are up to 80m

What is the population of Nigerian? What is 45% of it?

Is 45% of Nigeria's 175m population not 80m?

As for your reference to Aribisala's point, I think only an unschooled person will not know that there are a significant Christian population in those states. It's no secret. It's common knowledge. Does it still stop the fact that not less than 45% of Nigerians are Muslim?
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

dont quote GEJ out of context because ur head is filled with propaganda dat u cant even reason with it.

Read the full news report here: http://www.forwardnigeria.ng/as_jonathan_asserts_government_knows_where_chibok_girls_are_held_us_surveillance_planes_spot_groups_in_remote_areas

Ask ur urself this question? Why would he fail to rescue girls whose ordeal greatly embarassed his administration all over the world?? What does he stand to gain from it??

You just validated my theory of muslims being very irrational. It appears u pple have lost every iota of common sense.

so Jonathan is responsible for the kidnapping because he hasnt rescued d girls Do you remember seeing your brother Abubakar Shekau on CNN reading from quran to justify the despicable act he committed?? So Jonathan not mohammed inspired him too??

May God restore ur thinking faculty....clearly u have lost it. #finalReply

and yours too amen. But have you bothered to ask why shekau wants to Islamize a state filled with Muslims? Kidnapping and killing Muslims? Jonathan is boko haram here. The truth is bitter as I know you might reply me with tears again. Any reasonable person who sees me responding to u would blame me for wasting my time. U can keep insulting me but there aren't even enough Muslims yet. And there's absolutely nothing you can do to Muslims. You can only be angry with yourself or travel to when only you and people who share the same faith would live in peace(if it's possible). I honestly doubt that.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 10:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jarus:

Funny how you are "not saying Muslims are not less than 45% of Nigerians" and don't agree Muslims are up to 80m

What is the population of Nigerian? What is 45% of it?

Is 45% of Nigeria's 175m population not 80m?

As for your reference to Aribisala's point, I think only an unschooled person will not know that there are a significant Christian population in those states. It's no secret. It's common knowledge. Does it still stop the fact that not less than 45% of Nigerians are Muslim?

So good to know you know about the significant population of Christians in the North...... Take this out of the entire population of the north. The balance would be mostly moslems. Add it to to the rest of the moslem population in the rest parts of the country, do you still think it will come up to 80m? I have my doubts.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
KLand:

So good to know you know about the significant population of Christians in the North...... Take this out of the entire population of the north. The balance would be mostly moslems. Add it to to the rest of the moslem population in the rest parts of the country, do you still think it will come up to 80m? I have my doubts.

The question is still simple: do you believe are up to 45% of Nigerian population? Simple and straightforward. Yes or no answer.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jarus:

The question is still simple: do you believe are up to 45% of Nigerian population? Simple and straightforward. Yes or no answer.

To be honest, I do not believe so; and I have my reasons.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
KLand:

To be honest, I do not believe so; and I have my reasons.

Then you're kidding.

There are 19 states in the north.

Muslims are the clear majority in all but 3 (Benue, Taraba and Plateau ). That's 16 states.

There are significant Christian population, but hardly up to 50%, in Kaduna, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Borno, Kebbi and Adamawa.

In the South, Osun, Oyo and Lagos have not less than 50% Muslim population. Ogun, Ondo, Edo and Ekiti have significant Muslim population.

Add 16 in the North and 3 in the south that have at least 50% Muslim, and that's 19 states out of 36 states, and you still don't agree with a most conservative estimate of 45%?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by KLand(m): 11:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jarus:

Then you're kidding.

There are 19 states in the north.

Muslims are the clear majority in all but 3 (Benue, Taraba and Plateau ). That's 16 states.

There are significant Christian population, but hardly up to 50%, in Kaduna, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Borno, Kebbi and Adamawa.

In the South, Osun, Oyo and Lagos have not less than 50% Muslim population. Ogun, Ondo, Edo and Ekiti have significant Muslim population.

Add 16 in the North and 3 in the south that have at least 50% Muslim, and that's 19 states out of 36 states, and you still don't agree with a most conservative estimate of 45%?

Thanks for your analysis. Let's leave it that.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by PurpleUnicorn(f): 2:43am On Dec 30, 2014
I really don't know what to think about women who feel as if they have to convert to the religion of their husband. This is regardless of whether they're converting from a Christian to a Muslim, vice versa. I don't understand it, but maybe that's because I have a Western mind set. I don't understand how somebody can just switch from one religion to the other, unless they believe that they're somehow interconnected? I guess Islam and Christianity are, somehow? I still don't know how I feel about it all. Not necessarily religious converts, but the people who decide to follow a religion solely based upon the fact that they married person of a different religion.
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by aminusanti(m): 5:21am On Jan 07, 2015
OkeEsibe:
islam na religion? thought et was a terrorist grup

Pls whats the difference between you and a terrorist
A terrorist is a person who don't have any knowledge on what he is fighting for, so are u..
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
aminusanti:

Pls whats the difference between you and a terrorist
A terrorist is a person who don't have any knowledge on what he is fighting for, so are u..

islam is a disease to the world
Re: Top 5 Nollywood Stars Who Dumped Christianity For Islam by aminusanti(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
OkeEsibe:

islam is a disease to the world

Seek for knowledge and throw away any sentiment as u only live once, dont just be a follower of people and parent ideologies..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burna Boy Shows Off His Fleet Of Cars / Muhammad Ali's Picture In Heaven By Snoop Dog / Toyin Lawani: My Hair Costs N4 Million – (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.