Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! (3605 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / 5 Facts About Forgiveness / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2014
Before you accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary, I ask you to take a long hard look at these facts. They have a way of poking holes in the theory that we place too much emphasis on Mary. If you still want to accuse Catholics of worshiping Mary, then you can continue at your own ignorance.

1. God Sent The Savior Through Mary– I list this one first because it’s really tough to downplay Mary’s importance while acknowledging that the long awaiting Messiah came to earth by being born of a woman…and that woman was Mary. Out of all the ways that Jesus could have come to earth, why was Mary chosen? If Mary was important to God, shouldn’t she mean something to us?

2. Jesus Performed His First Miracle At Mary’s Request- This is another good one. Oh I know, Jesus didn’t need Mary to turn the water into wine at Cana. She just happened to be there. OK, why then did St. John list Mary FIRST in his list of wedding guests?
On the third day there was a marriage at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; Jesus also was invited to the marriage with His disciples. (John 2:1-2)
If Mary is not important in this saga, why is she listed BEFORE the apostles and BEFORE Jesus? St. John the Evangelist was not known for inserting extraneous details. Mary is listed first because John wants to call the readers’ attention to her presence at the wedding.
But what about “the rebuke”? You know, the argument that Jesus was telling Mary to “butt out” when He stated:
“O woman, what have you to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” (John 2:4)
Jesus was a devout Jew and an obedient follower of the Ten Commandments. Why would He publicly dishonor His mother in violation of the Fourth Commandment? Secondly, if this was such a “put down” by Jesus, why did He go ahead and perform the miracle of changing water into wine? Wouldn’t that have been the end of the request. Of course it would, unless He wasn’t putting Mary down. When His mother interceded on behalf of the couple, Our Lord decided that His time had now come. Don’t you think Jesus is trying to tell us something? Isn’t is probable that Jesus waited until Mary’s request, in order to show us her intercessory power? Doesn’t that explain why St. John listed her first among the guests?

3. Jesus Gave Mary To John From The Cross– As He suffered and died on the Cross, Jesus made a very profound statement:
When Jesus saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing near, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home. (John 19:26-27)
Why, while struggling to speak as He hung on the Cross, would Jesus have spoken these words if they didn’t mean anything? Could He have been making small talk? Obviously, there was a reason that Our Lord did what He did. The Church has always believed that John represented each member of the Church and that, from that moment on, Mary became our spiritual mother. Scripture tells us that, on that day John accepted Jesus’ gift and “took her to his own home” (John 19:27). Shouldn’t we do the same?

4. Jesus’ First Graces Were Given Through Mary– This is a fact that frequently gets overlooked by those who wish to downplay Mary’s importance…and it comes straight from the Bible! After accepting God’s offer to become the Mother of the Savior, Mary traveled “in haste” to visit her relative, Elizabeth.
And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the child leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:41)
According to this Bible passage, before Jesus was even born, Mary’s voice was used to deliver the graces to Elizabeth. Why? Because she’s not important? Isn’t there some other way, these graces could have been dispensed?
Not convinced? Listen to what Elizabeth had to say (also directly from the Bible)…
“For behold, when the voice of your greeting came to my ears, the child in my womb leaped for joy.” (Luke 1:44)
It’s pretty hard to deny the importance of Mary’s presence and voice in dispensing these graces to Elizabeth. Did the graces originate from Mary? No, they obviously came from Jesus. However, He chose to have Mary make the journey and use her voice to deliver them. Why? Because He wants us to realize that she is important!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
5. Jesus Christ Is The Sole Mediator Between God And Man- Now, this doesn’t make sense. How does this help to support the Catholic position? This is why we Catholics “have it all wrong”, isn’t it? Sorry if I’m bursting anyone’s bubble, but Catholics absolutely believe that Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between God and man. The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) clearly states this belief:
Intercession is a prayer of petition which leads us to pray as Jesus did. He is the one intercessor with the Father on behalf of all men, especially sinners. (CCC 2634)
This Catholic teaching is supported by the following Bible passage:
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all. (1 Timothy 2:5-6)
Although Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between God and man, that doesn’t preclude others (including Mary) from being involved in a subordinate mediation, or intercession. Saint Paul, who made the above statement, is obviously aware of that fact since he several times urges his readers to pray for each other (Romans 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 5:25, 1 Timothy 2:1). The Catechism refers to this type of intercession as being a “participation in the intercession of Christ” (CCC 2635) and is put into practice each time we pray for one another. Asking Mary to intercede for us in no way takes away from Jesus’ role as mediator between God and men.
While I’m not naive enough to think that listing these 5 facts will render me immune from further accusations of “Mary worship”, I do think that they will have an effect if looked at with an open mind. Sacred Scripture does not contain a lot of words about Mary, but what’s there is powerful. Theologians have spent 2,000 years studying her Biblical appearances and will continue to do so. We can learn much by studying Mary’s role as documented in the pages of the Bible. If anyone wants to accuse me of being a “Mary worshiper”, I ask you to first look at these 5 facts. If you still want to point a finger, you’ll need to ignore these factual statements…because accepting them will seriously undermine your credibility!

http://catholicexchange.com/5-facts-to-ignore-before-accusing-catholics-of-mary-worship

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
Who is Mary?? Mary is the earthly mother of Jesus Christ.
who is Jesus Christ? He is the God the son.

trying to put Mary admits supernatural being is for ur pocket.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

At emboldened, support it biblically like my Original Post, since protestants believe in Sola biblical.

By the way, debunk my OP and stop ranting. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

At emboldened, support it biblically like my Original Post, since protestants believe in Sola biblical.

By the way, debunk my OP and stop ranting. smiley

my dear yours wasn't 100% biblical.
don't make us take it too far, if u are wise u should grab what I mean...
and anybody in doubt of what have wrote, should google it and feed his or her doubt.
you can't eat ur cake and have it, besides I don't clean another person nyash okaay.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

my dear yours wasn't 100% biblical.
don't make us take it too far, if u are wise u should grab what I mean...
and anybody in doubt of what have wrote, should google it and feed his or her doubt.
you can't eat ur cake and have it, besides I don't clean another person nyash okaay.
I read all the words one by one before I posted it.

Bring out any unbiblical quote from my OP or stop whining. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

I read all the words one by one before I posted it.

Bring out any unbiblical quote from my OP or stop whining. cheesy

nah heavenly mother Mary b before??
see dis man o

besides all dis your ccc no be bible. Xo I won't give ur biblical claims a rating of 100%. That's my opinion.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Obascoetubi: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
so, mary still alive? u forgot dat, God said; I AM THE LIVING GOD. & DO NOT BOW DOWN TO ANY THINGS ON EARTH? U FORGOT DAT Marry's statue, is not our living God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Obascoetubi:
so, mary still alive? u forgot dat, God said; I AM THE LIVING GOD. & DO NOT BOW DOWN TO ANY THINGS ON EARTH? U FORGOT DAT Marry's statue, is not our living God?
1) We don't worship Mary- That's what I debunked at the OP.
So, provide a biblical proof for your "do not bow down for anything on earth" because what I know is; do not worship anything on earth"

Meanwhile, at emboldened, John11:26
......and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Obascoetubi: 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) We don't worship Mary- That's what I debunked at the OP.
So, provide a biblical proof for your "do not bow down for anything on earth" because what I know is; do not worship anything on earth"

Meanwhile, at emboldened, John11:26
......and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.
u pray via mary instead of direct to heaven. mary can't hear ur voice
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Obascoetubi:

Gosh!

He didn't read my OP. #Okbye

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 6:29am On Dec 28, 2014
Weak Facts (yawns)
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:
Weak Facts (yawns)
More like "I can't debunk it", and these people's doctrine is aunthetic.

Next! undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 6:46am On Dec 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

More like "I can't debunk it", and these people's doctrine is aunthetic.

Next! undecided

Debunk? Very easy.

If Mary seems to be very important, as you stretched in your post, in the Gospels even with the fact that Jesus and the Apostles never give the instruction of worshipping her but we deem it fit to worship her why do we make other important people; Peter, Paul, John etc, exceptional in the aspect of worship?

Paul admonishes us to pray for others. Going by your interpretation of that statement does that not mean my dad, mum, sis, bro and friends who pray for me are also mediators?

If Mary is very important why doesn't the Bible declare explictly her importance and need of worship? Why guess and infer from random reading?

Your facts doesn't still make any rational point to give those huge regards to Mary.

Off To Church grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

Debunk? Very easy.

If Mary seems to be very important, as you stretched in your post, in the Gospels even with the fact that Jesus and the Apostles never give the instruction of worshipping her but we deem it fit to worship her why do we make other important people; Peter, Paul, John etc, exceptional in the aspect of worship?

Paul admonishes us to pray for others. Going by your interpretation of that statement does that not mean my dad, mum, sis, bro and friends who pray for me are also mediators?

If Mary is very important why doesn't the Bible declare explictly her importance and need of worship? Why guess and infer from random reading?

Your facts doesn't still make any rational point to give those huge regards to Mary.

Off To Church grin
More like you didn't read the Original Post.

Extract out an inclusive from OP that said we should worship Mary.

Well, when you're back from church, take your time to re-read it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Justeenaleo(f): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2014
smiley
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

More like you didn't read the Original Post.

Extract out an inclusive from OP that said we should worship Mary.

Well, when you're back from church, take your time to re-read it.

What do you call the act of bowing down before an object, giving reference to an object, postrating to an object? Isn't that worship? Going by the Hebrew word for worship which is "shachah" meaning "to postrate; bow down; give reference to; beseech, worship" will you still deny that you guys worship the statue of Mary, when the Bible doesn't teach you to?

There's nothing so special about Mary. As a matter of fact, Mary is longer a virgin. Jesus had brothers fathered by Joseph. She was a sinner while on earth. Jesus became the savior of Mary and her son on the cross, separating Himself from her by saying "mother behold your son, son behold your mother". Even, Jesus says in Mathew 11:11 that there's no one born of a woman that's greater than John! woe to Mary
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

What do you call the act of bowing down before an object, giving reference to an object, postrating to an object? Isn't that worship? Going by the Hebrew word for worship which is "shachah" meaning "to postrate; bow down; give reference to; beseech, worship" will you still deny that you guys worship the statue of Mary, when the Bible doesn't teach you to?

There's nothing so special about Mary. As a matter of fact, Mary is longer a virgin. Jesus had brothers fathered by Joseph. She was a sinner while on earth. Jesus became the savior of Mary and her son on the cross, separating Himself from her by saying "mother behold your son, son behold your mother". Even, Jesus says in Mathew 11:11 that there's no one born of a woman that's greater than John! woe to Mary
You worship the yoruba elders that you prostrate for? grin

The argument about Jesus having brothers is for another day- I believe so.

Do you mind providing a biblical proof that mentioned Joseph and Mary's children?

Woe to Mary? I am done here since you're an atheist.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by herald9: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
[size=20]You are praying for yourself,Jesus is praying for you there,....St Peter, St Samson, St Luke,etc is praying for you,yet you still need Mary to intercede ...CATHOLICS MUST BE TERRIBLE SINNERSgrin [/size]
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by psalmsonovic(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
Catholic people tho.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

You worship the yoruba elders that you prostrate for? grin

The argument about Jesus having brothers is for another day- I believe so.

This post is a run-away one grin Your do know well what I meant by postrating, bowing, beseeching in the sense of worship. You had no rebuttal, so you made that ridiculous post up there you savior however.

Do you mind providing a biblical proof that mentioned Joseph and Mary's children?

Woe to Mary? I am done here since you're an atheist.

Very well:

Matthew 1:24-25--"And Joseph arose from his sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took as his wife, and kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."

Matthew 12:46-47--"While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55--"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Mark 6:2-3--"And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

John 2:12--"After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

.Acts 1:14--"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

Gal. 1:19--But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother."

Does rejecting Christianity automatically makes you an atheist? undecided
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

This post is a run-away one grin Your do know well what I meant by postrating, bowing, beseeching in the sense of worship. You had no rebuttal, so you made that ridiculous post up there you savior however.

Very well:

Matthew 1:24-25--"And Joseph arose from his sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took as his wife, and kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus."

Matthew 12:46-47--"While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You."

Matthew 13:55--"Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?"

Mark 6:2-3--"And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands? "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?"

John 2:12--"After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days."

.Acts 1:14--"These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

Gal. 1:19--But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother."

bro go ask google.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

I said you should provide where they wrote "these are Mary or Joseph's sons and daughters"

Did I ask you about Jesus brothers? grin

Oh well!
1. The Meaning of Brother
The first thing to understand is that the term brother (Gk.adelphos) has a broader meaning than uterine brothers. It can mean a biological brother, but it can also mean an extended relative, or even a spiritual brother.

Take Genesis 13:8 for example. Here the word brother is being used to describe the relationship between Abraham and Lot, who were not biological brothers but uncle and nephew:
“So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers” (Gen 13:8, NIV; see also 14:12).

Because of the Bible’s broad semantic range of “brother,” we can rest assured that although St. Paul writes, “[Jesus] appeared to more than five hundred…brothers at the same time” (1 Cor. 15:6), we need not infer from this verse that Mary gave birth to more than 500 children!

2. Children of Mary?
These “brothers” are never once called the children of Mary, although Jesus himself is (John 2:1; Acts 1:14).

3. Other Women Named Mary
James and Joseph (also called Joses), who are called Jesus’ “brothers” (Mark 6:3) are indeed the children of Mary—Just not Mary, the mother of Jesus.
After St. Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes:
“There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.” (Matt. 27:56; see also Mark 15:40) t
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

I said you should provide where they wrote "these are Mary or Joseph's sons and daughters"

Did I ask you about Jesus brothers? grin

Oh well!
1. The Meaning of Brother
The first thing to understand is that the term brother (Gk.adelphos) has a broader meaning than uterine brothers. It can mean a biological brother, but it can also mean an extended relative, or even a spiritual brother.

Take Genesis 13:8 for example. Here the word brother is being used to describe the relationship between Abraham and Lot, who were not biological brothers but uncle and nephew:
“So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers” (Gen 13:8, NIV; see also 14:12).

Because of the Bible’s broad semantic range of “brother,” we can rest assured that although St. Paul writes, “[Jesus] appeared to more than five hundred…brothers at the same time” (1 Cor. 15:6), we need not infer from this verse that Mary gave birth to more than 500 children!

2. Children of Mary?
These “brothers” are never once called the children of Mary, although Jesus himself is (John 2:1; Acts 1:14).

3. Other Women Named Mary
James and Joseph (also called Joses), who are called Jesus’ “brothers” (Mark 6:3) are indeed the children of Mary—Just not Mary, the mother of Jesus.
After St. Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes:
“There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.” (Matt. 27:56; see also Mark 15:40) t

While I fairly admit that the term "brother" is ambigious, I however object that its ambigiuty can only be understood in the context of where ever it's used. Considering Mark 6:2-3 for example:

English Standard Version (ESV)
2 And on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands? 3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

We can safely infer here that the bolded is about the closed family of Jesus. Carpenter is universally and literally taken as Jesus's father. Mary is taken literally, too. It only becomes twisting when interprete brothers and sisters in a different way.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Syphax(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

LMAO,Jesus is the same today,yesterday and forever.There is nothing like heavenly and earthly Jesus.Mary is the mother of Jesus(who is a member of the God head),therefore we can as well call her the mother of God.She is Mater Dei.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Syphax(m): 4:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
Obascoetubi:

I will answer this your question if you can answer mine-"is bowing d[own to your king in form of showing respect a sin?
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Syphax(m): 4:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Obascoetubi:

SMH,I'm not sure you read what Francistony posted up there.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

While I fairly admit that the term "brother" is ambigious, I however object that its ambigiuty can only be understood in the context of where ever it's used. Considering Mark 6:2-3 for example:

English Standard Version (ESV)
2 And on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands? 3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him.

We can safely infer here that the bolded is about the closed family of Jesus. Carpenter is universally and literally taken as Jesus's father. Mary is taken literally, too. It only becomes twisting when interprete brothers and sisters in a different way.
1) Is bible scared to say [b]"these are Mary's sons and daughters"?

2) If Mary had sons and daughters, Jesus would not have handed his mother to John. You say?
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
Syphax:

I will answer this your question if you can answer mine-"is bowing d[own to your king in form of showing respect a sin?

Why should you ever bow to a statue? Going far as carving image and kneeling and praying before it, when your fully aware that the Bible prohibits idolatory?|
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Syphax(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pr0ton:

Debunk? Very easy.

Off To Church grin

At bolded part,the first miracle Jesus performed in the bible was due to the intersection of The Blessed Virgin Mary.Its written in the bible that the prayer of the righteous availeth much,what it means is that God answers the prayer of the saints over that of sinners.Thats why we catholics ask Mary to pray and interceed 4 us.

You wanted to know why Mary is important right?
Which reasonable human disregards hs mum and treats her anyhow?She is the mother of Jesus,this makes her the mother of the church.The fact that Jesus painstakingly handed her over to John shows that we have to respect her and love her.We don't worship her,we honour her.

Also know that Mary isn't the only person we ask to interceed for us,we also ask saints like St.Peter,St.Benedict,Dominic etc.

Therefore,respect and honour her because she is the mother of the church.She is the new ark of convenant.
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Syphax:

LMAO,Jesus is the same today,yesterday and forever.There is nothing like heavenly and earthly Jesus heavenly and earthly Jesus.Mary is the mother of Jesus(who is a member of the God head),therefore we can as well call her the mother of God.She is Mater Dei.

I believe you have hypermetropia.
where do u fine the boldened in what I posted...

illiteracy at its peak.
Mary mother of God.
lol am done. Case closed grin
Re: 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! by Pr0ton: 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) Is bible scared to say [b]"these are Mary's sons and daughters"?

Is the Bible also scared to say, "these are Jesus's cousins?

2) If Mary had sons and daughters, Jesus would not have handed his mother to John. You say?

Remember Jesus dearly loved John. And perhaps he was the only one available at time. Also remember the brothers of Jesus didn't at first accept Him as the Messiah, they later, after Christ's dead, believed him. So it would be spiritually safe for Mary to be handed to a believer that would encourage her spiritual growth, as that's His principal mission - all be saved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Reverend Father To Masturbate? / If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.