Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences (34163 Views)

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Will You Terminate Your Pregnancy If The Doctor Told You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
JoanJohnson:
This is really funny. I know of a lady who used to come to our compound to ask of sour soup, she would go to the restaurant close by and get all the stale soup, another was our next door neighbour who liked wood, she chews it like meat. I pray mine shouldn't be tasking for my future hubby.

So blessed to be a woman.
. u are beautiful. nice colour, nice neckpiece.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cutiereborn(f): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
troy20:

it is indeed when you have someone who shares same dreams as yours.we can make it happen dear.
Sorry love, you are a month-plus latetongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
OMG!!!

These stories are toooooo funny

Craving for soap.

Craving for Wood.

Craving for pinchy pinchy husband

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by urheme: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Alcohol embarassed
I drank a lot of hot drink during my second pregnancy tongue
Drank all my mum's mini sach in her shop, i probabaly drank her out of that line of business when i went to visit, she willingly started buying me palmy everyday so i don't touch hot drinks grin

There was a day i drank one bottle of moet and a bottle of wine all in one day, and at about 9pm that same day hubby came back from his wanderring and i fought him badly.
grin grin

Funny enough the drinking continued till i delivered tongue tongue
The boy is two years plus now and very healthy
He was very handsome at birth smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by nefertitiram: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ok right now, my pregnancy is still early, no strange craving yet. I just eat anything and everything in sight.
But my last pregnancy (still this year o!) I craved Suya and malt. Since I was so sick the entire 1st trimester, it was the only combo I didn't throw up.

Then I graduated to Oranges, then limes! Oh, my sweet darling limes!!! Finally it became pepper stew and Titus fish. As for the stew, I would grind only orodo with little or no tomatoes! Then cook it with only saltand very smalloil. I noticed my hubby stopped eating my cooking. One day he blurted out,ur food is so horrible! I is so peppery it me cry!

It was so bad I opened my fridge and I had run out of fish, at 10pm, I rushed out and looked for every frozen food seller, most were close, except one woman far away. I only took out like N300 for the fish, only for her to say she only has big ones and it is N400, I started begging like my life depended on it. She was so adamant and was going to start insulting me and drive me out of the shop to close for the night when she noticed my bump! She was like, ah! Oloyun ni! She gave me the fish eventually!

The craving was so bad one day, asked hubby to go and get fish frm down the road. He got there and requested for kote. The seller asked how is madam, he said she is fine she is at home. She asked, na madam wan chop fish? He said yes. She now said ahhhh! No be this fish madam de chop o! Na Titus!
He returned very sorry for me. He just said, see your life outside? They even know your specs of fish! Lol!
I hope I don't get sick with this baby! I want to enjoy everyday of this pregnancy!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by nefertitiram: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Oh, then there was small stout! I had never tasted d ish before I got preg, but then I realised it was the only solution for that horrible taste in my mouth. Hubby got tired of picking half drunken small stout bottles all around the house.
One day my neighbour saw me buying stout, he sed madam! Na you wan drink am? I said no o! I have a visitor! Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Bsmartt(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
I guess it is the baby (ies) in the womb that request for such because they want to get accustomed to the eating culture of the people in the world. Hence, pregnant women are the only connection between the babies and the world. God is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by matingo(f): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Before I got preggy, I hated Fanta, but when I got pregnant, that was the only drink I could take. I would go to a road side shed at a very busy bus stop to take koko and akara very early in the morning with agberos and conductors, I wasn't ashamed of sitting with them. In the afternoon, I would talk eba ibo with ogbono and Fanta, then I would wake up in the night to take very chilled water, I was always hot at night, most nights I take cold showers for more than five times before day break so at night I craved for iced water or tea. I forgot to add that I hated the sound of shoes on the bare floor, fought with hubby over that, he would remove his shoes before climbing the stairs.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ranchhoddas: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:
Native chalk. The craving for it for ALL of my pregnancies was so bad, it nearly drove me crazy.

I did manage to coax my nan (God bless her soul) into giving me some when we travelled back to Naija during my first pregnancy. When we got back, where did I hide my stash? On top of our wardrobe, within full view. Didn't take long before hubby found out & got rid of them. cry

My midwife didn't help matters either by telling me that the mercury content in them was harmful to the unborn baby. #sigh#

So I had to improvise. Really dry, plain, unsalted rice cakes. Hubby & kids complained a lot that the whole house smelt like a pharmacy! grin grin Well,at least these were harmless cravings.

Other weird desires: you know that smell you get from the tarred road, just after it's rained on a very hot day? Ahhh... I always just wanted to lay on the ground and lick the street!

Also had this odd desire for crunching ice cubes, even in the dead of winter. Oh, and yam porridge with plantains was another favourite craving of mine. smiley
I also love that after-rain smell of tarred roads or cement.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 9:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
nefertitiram:
Oh, then there was small stout! I had never tasted d ish before I got preg, but then I realised it was the only solution for that horrible taste in my mouth. Hubby got tired of picking half drunken small stout bottles all around the house.
One day my neighbour saw me buying stout, he sed madam! Na you wan drink am? I said no o! I have a visitor! Hehehehe

If I could, I would have quoted all your posts... and If there was an audible giggle button on Nairaland threads, my thumb would have turned sore right now from pressing it.... Your experiences are OMG!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

For the doctors in the house, doesnt the intake of all this somewhat harmful and potentially harmful edibles have an effect on the baby, especially alcohol, lime, pepper, wood, chalk etcundecided

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ranchhoddas: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
urheme:
Alcohol embarassed
I drank a lot of hot drink during my second pregnancy tongue
Drank all my mum's mini sach in her shop, i probabaly drank her out of that line of business when i went to visit, she willingly started buying me palmy everyday so i don't touch hot drinks grin

There was a day i drank one bottle of moet and a bottle of wine all in one day, and at about 9pm that same day hubby came back from his wanderring and i fought him badly.
grin grin

Funny enough the drinking continued till i delivered tongue tongue
The boy is two years plus now and very healthy
He was very handsome at birth smiley
Your son is going to be the Director-General of the NDA--Nigerian Drinkers Association.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ranchhoddas:
Your son is going to be the Director-General of the NDA--Nigerian Drinkers Association.
guy you wicked oh. is this a prophesy abi curse. I reject it for the boy in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by doublezero7(m): 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
"Ehen Junior,u don't want to know oo! I just got unnecessarily spoilt! I would ask ur daddy to help me do tins I sld normally do! There was a particular day we were both watching a movie and d remote was on the chair between us! And I was like, "baby, please pass the remote!". He just stood up and went to the room!
Some other day, I told your daddy I wanted to eat pounded yam and egusi soup! After he finished cooking and served the food, I perceived the soup from the next neighbor's house and I just left and went there to eat their food!"

8 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by troy20(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
cutiereborn:

Sorry love, you are a month-plus latetongue
you married?
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by masties2(f): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
My cravings ± yam head. Yes o, not yam but d head of yam. I beheaded all d yams in my store nz it up. So sweet n thick. Ofada rice was anoda, i would always carry plate to d market to buy ofada rice.but d worst of all was garri drinking. I would drink garri with every meal even eba sef. Na wa o. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
masties2:
My cravings ± yam head. Yes o, not yam but d head of yam. I beheaded all d yams in my store nz it up. So sweet n thick. Ofada rice was anoda, i would always carry plate to d market to buy ofada rice.but d worst of all was garri drinking. I would drink garri with every meal even eba sef . Na wa o. tongue

Hahahahahaha!!!

That's craaaaay!!!

gringringrin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
Can't wait for my own cravings.

I remember my neighbour's experience sha...the woman will bring her food stuffs direct to my house cos she had serious nausea.

One night, she called me to look for plantain to fry for her.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by DrSamwell(m): 12:35am On Dec 30, 2014
taryour:
Nice thread.

Oh I loved boiled corn with chilled coke, I could eat over 400 naira worth at a go. Infact I begged a stranger in a public transport for boiled corn.the woman wasn't surprised,she just handed over. You needed to see how I rushed the corn like I had been starved for years,I was so happy. I had hungrily watched the woman eat her corn jejely until it got to the last piece,I couldn't bear it anymore I wanted to cry I just had to open up and beg for the corn.

Loool, interesting experience.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 360command: 12:58am On Dec 30, 2014
Jamean:

Fast forward till now, I have battled with dandruff like someone trying to treat cancer, yet not much result.

Moral : you will have cravings during pregnancy, but watch it, 'cause they may have adverse effect on you and your baby.
have you tried using "damatol". If NO, try be on your natural hair for a while and keep applying damatol on your scalp. If you are the type that makes use of shampoo,after 3days,dandruff takes effect-stop it. Watch out for the type of hair creme you use. In essence, study your hair and why you keep having dandruff often. There must be an answer to it.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 360command: 1:01am On Dec 30, 2014
DrGill:
well...i experienced a stresful one frm my brodas wife,my broda got dis exact contract & he had to go overseas. to cut story shut, my brodas wife almost squized d life out of me,she would wake up probably 2am, sumtyms 3.30am & tell me to prepare potato poridge wit pepper soup,sumtyms, tuwo, indomie nd ewedu(yes, indomie nd ewedu,.lolz) nd all of it dat amazed me wat dat she loved video games especialy soccer (FIFA13 then),chai she sabi play am die,always uses REAL MADRID,we can play togeda for long while ,wen i get slipy,datz wen she goes off to her room maybe to slip nd anoda funny tin is dat i ran all erand she sent me, eida to market or oda places ..chai ..fun filled GOD BLESS WOMEN
your own is coming, your bro would watch over yours while you go abroad. Watch out "the cravings II"

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 30, 2014
I could only drink pap or okro soup wit cow leg or Pomo in d 1st trimester. Always had chilled oranges, blended watermelon wit plenty pineapple to satisfy d midnight cravings in my 1st trimester. Now in my 2nd, it's only ofada and ofe akwu I can eat, indomie wit plenty pepper. Only drink I can take is blue boat fresh yo, so searched for it in d village and hubby bought viju milk but d taste was like medecine. Then slapping udara was d bomb. Can't eat chicken, beef, apples and even my fave plantains. but manage small wen hubby is eating as he will always force me to eat wit him. I guess they will be more changes and craving but hope na better one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Jamean(f): 5:53am On Dec 30, 2014
Hehe...damatol is always on my table, my shampoo is even anti-dandruff shampoo. You can bet I've done so much, studied my hair type...yet, story.

The good thing is that it doesn't spoil the look of my hair, natural or otherwise, it just stays under.

360command:
have you tried using "damatol". If NO, try be on your natural hair for a while and keep applying damatol on your scalp. If you are the type that makes use of shampoo,after 3days,dandruff takes effect-stop it. Watch out for the type of hair creme you use. In essence, study your hair and why you keep having dandruff often. There must be an answer to it.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by dhabeautyjas(f): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2014
Jamean:
My mum always share the story of how she always had severe cravings to drink garri when she conceived me, irrespective of what she cooked.

A neighbour noticed and told her it was gonna cause dandruff on the baby's scalp. She ignored it and went on drinking garri angry

She said 3weeks after I was born, while bathing me, she discovered a plethora of dandruff on my scalp embarassed

Fast forward till now, I have battled with dandruff like someone trying to treat cancer, yet not much result.

Moral : you will have cravings during pregnancy, but watch it, 'cause they may have adverse effect on you and your baby.

Could that be the reason for my dandruff? i have tried all forms of treatment and it just doesnt go, i remember mum telling me she drank garri and ice block like kilode while she was pregnant...

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cutiereborn(f): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2014
troy20:

you married?
Yes I am, happily so, a month plus 2daywink
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by troy20(m): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2014
cutiereborn:

Yes I am, happily so, a month plus 2daywink
i wish you a contineous bliss.and hope we find same as you do.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cutiereborn(f): 10:47am On Dec 30, 2014
troy20:

i wish you a contineous bliss.and hope we find same as you do.
Amen! Thank you so much & I know God will provide you with yours as well.

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Jamean(f): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmm! I can bet that's the reason. My own no be small battle, I'm tired already.

dhabeautyjas:

Could that be the reason for my dandruff? i have tried all forms of treatment and it just doesnt go, i remember mum telling me she drank garri and ice block like kilode while she was pregnant...
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by GODWINGODSON(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
smartmom:
@taryour, your account is so real smiley wink well done

I had to travel back home to get my mom's ogbono soup with local seasoning(called okpehe in idoma) to store in the freezer for the future, mind you it was a 6 hour trip o! After eating it twice I couldnt stand the sight or smell sad

I couldnt stand the sight of raw egg or tomatoes cooking. For 4 months I couldnt eat any stew. Ate white rice with peppersoup hmm what mothers go through eh!

After a while it was kpekere(unripe fried plantain) and that lasted for about 3 weeks! Then it was mangos of a particular specie! I could pay a fortune for that!
Sis you be idoma too?
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Akposy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lolz.... See craving
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by chremote(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
This is my first and I am happy and grateful to God that i have been healthy all the way. What i crave for and the extent to which i can go to get it is shocking. In fact when am going to work i ensure that i have extra cash with me so that i wont feel so bad or even want to cry when i cant get what i crave for.

I suddenly love yam, whether fried or boiled. Like drinking garri and crayfish, indomie with enough pepper, love ice cream, always want suya, pepper soup, blocked pepsi if not blocked i wont take it. i used to love moi moi and usually buy from one woman in my street until the day i got this particular one and it seems the palm oil she used was bad, since then i cant stand any other moimoi.

I used to be very shy and conservative but now am even surprised. i can buy fried yam and eat it on a bike before getting home. Few days ago i went to the market and saw a woman frying yam and i just bought the yam sat down where i was buying vegetables and finished it up.

hmmm its not easy!!! God bless women

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by pheighty(f): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
This is my first and I am happy and grateful to God that i have been healthy all the way. What i crave for and the extent to which i can go to get it is shocking. In fact when am going to work i ensure that i have extra cash with me so that i wont feel so bad or even want to cry when i cant get what i crave for.

I suddenly love yam, whether fried or boiled. Like drinking garri and crayfish, indomie with enough pepper, love ice cream, always want suya, pepper soup, blocked pepsi if not blocked i wont take it. i used to love moi moi and usually buy from one woman in my street until the day i got this particular one and it seems the palm oil she used was bad, since then i cant stand any other moimoi.

I used to be very shy and conservative but now am even surprised. i can buy fried yam and eat it on a bike before getting home. Few days ago i went to the market and saw a woman frying yam and i just bought the yam sat down where i was buying vegetables and finished it up.

hmmm its not easy!!! God bless women

6 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by dechandel(f): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
mencade4:
dechandel, come and explain our experience...tongue
You never stop to dey smoke that thing abi?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late / Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.