Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,754 members, 7,802,311 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Extortion At Alpha Beach - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Extortion At Alpha Beach (1845 Views)

Fish Eats Drowned Guy At Elegushi Beach (PHOTO) / See What Alpha Beach Is Doing To Some Areas In Lekki / Destruction Caused By Ocean Surge At Alpha Beach (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extortion At Alpha Beach by matidon(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2014
Despite the many laws and law enforcement agencies Lagos state is still one of the lawless state in Nigeria.
On boxing day I decided to take my family out to Alpha beach but on approaching the gate I met some fierce looking touts demanding for N500 per head before we enter the beach. I then asked them if they were the one that put the beach there. They insisted and we had to turn back because I can not imagine paying N500 to go to the beach. Is this toll collection legal or illegal? Please relevant authorities please reply.
The annoying part is that the road leading to the beach is in a very bad state. This trend is getting worst by the day.
Re: Extortion At Alpha Beach by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2014
It's the same everywhere bro.

The gate that leads to my street is now closed by those touts. They collect money from everyone that enters claiming it's money for the street carnival.

--------------------------------------------------

Would you like to monitor your staffs, kids and aged parents via CCTV? This is for you

https://www.nairaland.com/2063403/youre-employed-own-business-pics
Re: Extortion At Alpha Beach by dhardline(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Young man Elegushi is one thousand naira to enter.those 'beaches' are not owned by the government per say but individuals bought the land mass and developed them and hence they need the gate fee to recoup.Thats what i feel though.

(1) (Reply)

Things We Did When We Were Young. / Are You An Average Man?(a Must See) / Happy Birthday To Governor Ayo Fayose @ 55: That Deity Called 'osoko'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.