Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. (1091 Views)

Reincarnation / What's Your Favorite Novel Of All Time? / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
(hello friends, this is my first story/novel here. so comments and corrections are highly welcomed in other to improve my writings. meanwhile do enjoy this write up. .... #peace. one love NL)

AXEL- A novel by peacelover15

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by an information storage and retrieval system - except by a
reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review to be printed in a magazine or newspaper -
without permission in writing from the publisher

©peacelover15

'Noooooo!!' Please please not my son please.....Matilda cried out as she watched her only son burnt to ashes in the fire.
Edmund rose his head looking into his mother's eyes, In the midst of his tears he made his last declaration..."I will be returned to you. Mother" and bowed his head and gave up his ghost.

############
Axel!, please get me more fire woods, we need to keep this fire burning or else the medicine will not be properly prepared, Said Matilda still blowing the little glow from the firewood to keep the fire still burning. OK mama, little Axel replied. Rubbing his stomach with the fire wood on his head, Axel was screeching in pain. Mama my stomach still hurts are you sure this medicine will work this time?. Let's hope for the best my dear boy replied Matilda.

This was the 102nd potion Matilda had prepared in expectation that her son ailment might be cured. A potion that had the ingredients of dried head of a male lizard, two crushed eggs of a humming bird, pieced skin of a toad and dried blood of snake mixed with goat urine, as was prescribed by their local native doctor. Although being just a boy of 12 years old Axel already have the body structure of a 19years old teenage, with voice almost as matured and deep like a man. It was clear that Axel was a fast bloomer.

But the other medicines you had made have not really have an effect in curing this strange stomach ache...mama am just scared oh, am I cursed? Axel sorrowfully asked his heart broken mother. No my son you are not cursed and don't ever make such statement again OK?. OK mama...replied Axel.

Axel have been suffering this stomach ache since the death of his father about 6years ago, after falling from a palm tree. And was the second child of Matilda. Constant stomach ache, headache, terrible but lucid hallucinations and sometimes being able to move objects with his mind. Matilda had gone to different native doctors and others medicine men to seek for solution but all have been dead end. One could conclude that the boy was definitely possessed by an evil spirit. They were banished from their village because of such weird occurrence from the boy. Ranging from the day he told his play mate that he is going to be crippled if he goes for the village racing competition, through the day he cursed a man that slapped his mother to go blind, finally to the day he told the king that one of his wives will poison him to death because the gods have not selected him to be the next king of Umtu kingdom.

At the age of 9 they (Axel and Matilda) had lived in isolation due to the banishment in the thick forest of 'iduh'.

Mama can you tell me the story the Edmund again? , said Axel, pushing his mother who was lost in thoughts back to earth.
What did you say Axel? Replied Matilda.
Please can you tell me the story of Edmund again ?
Matilda now smiling, carefully sat down on the old mat looking into Axel eyes and sensing innocence and great expectation from them, not knowing that the tale of Edmund was as real as breathing. Alright Axel. But this is the last time a telling you this story.
But have the stomach ache stopped? She asked Axel. Yes mama it stopped the minute I remembered the story of Edmund and asked you to tell me again.
OK then Matilda gave out a huge smile that made Axel tickled which left the boy wondering if the mother was going to add another episode in the story he had heard countless of times. In a ways, the story of Edmund have always been a source of joy to Matilda as she loves telling the tales to her one and only audience. But as promised earlier she cannot keep telling Axel the story, as the boy was coming up in age.

* Once there was a woman who gave birth to a baby boy prematurely... People thought that the child was a bad omen, as it was in the tradition of 'umtu' kingdom to that a child cannot be born in just the 7month of pregnancy. Therefore, because of fear the woman and her husband ran away to a far village where they raise the child in safety. The child grew extraordinary which left an obvious impression that the boy was not ordinary.

1 Like

Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]please your comment are source of motivation. as it can help me write better. thanks guys.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by chukwusi(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2014
following. nice work
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
At the age of 6 Edmund could heal people's sickness, which made villagers from far and near visited them often for healing and other spiritual activities.

Because of such fame and popularity, Edmund's father 'okolodike' turned the whole issue to business where they could make money. in the same vein, Out of jealousy, the village native doctor warned Edmund and his family constantly, threatening to harm them if they should continue the wonders that Edmund have been doing.....meanwhile, Edmund had told his father that payment for helping others is not right and if he continues in such act, that the consequence might be grave, but the father was deaf to his warning, he continued his unholy business venture which had yield him a lot of money.

One faithful day , 'okolodike' was on his way to a neighboring village, two men dressed in royal attire and holding white shinning staff intercepted him, 'Okolodike' halted and demanded to know the meaning of the assault, but before he could open his mouth to utter another word, one of the two men pointed his staff towards him and an electric-like shock went straight through his veins and he lost his power of speech...then the second man spoke and thunder accompanied his voice, saying : " 'OKOLODIKE', YOU HAVE ANGERED THE gods BY MOCKING THEM OF BEING MERE STATUS THAT CANNOT HURT YOU. AND FOR TAKING FOR GRANTED THE GIFT OF YOUR SON. BY TURNING IT INTO A BUSINESS ENTERPRISES. FOR THIS YOU SHALL DIE!!!!" after this, they disappeared following a great gush of wind.

Immediately out of great fear and shock, 'okolodike' turned his bicycle and with great stamina rode back home On getting home he met his wife and few other friends, the manner he rushed in alerted everyone that all was not well..but he could not utter a word. Immediately Edmund came out from the room carrying a bowl of yam and red oil...as soon as his father sighted him, he pointed towards his direction in a way suggesting that 'that boy is not from this life'. ****Edmund sensing what has happed bowed his head down and walked back into the room. those present were astounded and marvelled at the man sudden dumbness and were asking him what happened, to which he couldn't reply. meanwhile, 'Okolodike's wife was already in tears, raining questions upon questions which might never be answered till the end of days.

Three days passed, there was no improvement on ' okolodike's dumbness, being a concerned wife and mother, she went to ask Edmund for his help.*** approaching her son, Edmund's mother said in tears : "Edmund my son please look at your fathers situation, you have been healing outsiders, isn't it time you use your power for your own father?.." Edmund stood up and wiped out his mother's tears and said to her, "mama he brought this to himself what else do you want me to do?" "Please try my son...please for my sake try!" she said still crying. OK mama. Replied Edmund and took his little mat and hand fan and went outside to meet his father, as he was walking towards him, those two men appeared again. One motioned him to stop, and said in a louse thunderous voice , which of course only Edmund could hear . "dare you not free this man, for what the gods have done, cannot be undone".
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nadia6161(f): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Following, pls update
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Edmund argued with them for close to an hour under the hot noon sun. Passersby were wondering what was happening. Meanwhile his mother was sorrowfully quiet watching down and tears flowing down her cheek.
"but he is my father, I wish to help him" Edmund replied.. , the second man then raised his staff and struck the father again, this time he started to convulse and he fell down. this incident made Edmund feel so humiliated , that in anger he voiced out....
"stopppp....My powers are mine and I choose to use it to help whoever I wish to" In amazement, the two men looked at each other and wondered how he could have such strength that made his voice sounded like thunder. Immediately, the first man waved his hand and hot brimestone fell from the sky,targeting Edmund's direction but he dodged it and used his hand fan waved back at them and immediately poured sand out to them too and the two disappeared with screeching voice along them with them saying :' "your petty powers cannot harm us"

after they had disappeared, Edmund looked around then He placed his hands on his father's head and muttered some words, light shone from his hand and escaped through his fathers mouth.. Immediately Edmund was pulled backward by a strong force he fell down immediately and his father regained his speech. while Edmund laid there unable to move....his mother hurriedly came and carried him into the house. on lookers were still marvelled at what had taken place, having no clue about the unseen battle. but they were a bit relieved that 'okolodike' Edmund's father have been healed.
But the healing wasn't without cost...
.........Edmund had revoked the punishment of the gods. a young teenager had challenged the gods servants and revoked the gods punishment. will he go scot free? what ordeal awaits him? ,what could be his fate after. all these went through Edmund's mother as she sat beside his paralysed body.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Axel listened attentively to his mother, in a manner suggesting ~"wow!, mama you never told me this part"~… Matilda sensing the way Axel was looking at her, she beefed up with huge smile, and patted the boy's head while drawing him close to her bosom. "Hope your stomach doesn't hurt again?" Asked Matilda.... "No mama".

Matilda was now concerned and started connecting the dots of thoughts and events, like the 'biblical Mary mother of Jesus, who always pondered the things of Jesus in her mind'. "Could it be....? .......Noo it couldn't." Matilda was confused, because of lately she had noticed that each time she tells the story of Edmund to Axel, Axel's ailment seems to subside the whole duration of the story, which usually takes up to 2¹/² hours.
"Mama please continue naaa". Axel beckoned on his mother to continue the story.
"Ohh am sorry dear, mama is lost in thoughts again I guess" she said beaming uneasy lively smile at Axel. Who extraordinarily knew something wasn't right.

***His mum scooped more hot soup forcing it into Edmund's mouth as the boy's body laid there motionless With eyes wide open and his body paralyzed. Not sure of what to do, paced up and down the room. This minute she will stand up, the next sitted...this continued the whole day.

Meanwhile 'okolodike' had sworn never to have any thing to do with Edmund or his mother. But as a father, could he hold such resentment for long? .....the following day, 'okolodike' left the house as early as possible, by mid-morning, he came back with a native doctor. *immediately the native doctor entered the room where Edmund was lying, a strong force pulled him back, the doctor brought out brown native chalk, grounded it into fine powder, and blew it towards the door way. Then finally he entered into the presence of Edmund... At once he exclaimed, "hmmmmmm a great power hovers around here" . he bent down and made some incantations then stood up and turning to Edmund's parents he sighed and said....." He is in a great war in the world beyond, hence there is nothing we can do, even I have no access to go through the Vail" ...he shrugged his shoulder and shoke his iron staff and left the house.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nadia6161(f): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Wat wil happen to Edmund, cant wait for an update.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nadia6161(f): 6:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Peacelover when are u going to update
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nadia6161(f): 6:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Peacelover when are u going to update?
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
hello.. I've been away for some time now. lots of festivities.

soon. thanks for following @ Nadia.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2015
Edmund's parents stood there looking at their son's body. Then 'okolodike broke the silence. "Woman, this is your doing...I don't know what line of family you came from, the kind of children your family gives birth to, How I wish I would have married 'mevinah' the daughter of 'uchenna' ..."Do what you must and get rid of his body, I have done my best as a father."
Edmund's mother stood there , not minding the statement of her husband, this time she was not crying. She was in deep thoughts.

**** 6 days passed by, still no changed. But on the seventh day Edmund's body started to sweat profusely, when the mother noticed this, she couldn't believe her eyes, but when she touched the body, it was as cold as ice. This strange sight shocked her.
- all effort made by her to wake him up, proved futile, wondering what was happening and out of frustration she called her husband. When 'okolodike' entered the room, he stood arms akimbo looking at Edmund's body, then in a moments thought he went off again to call a witch doctor.

"Why do men ask questions to which they already know the answer!" The witch doctor exclaimed as he enters the room. Woman! , he turned to Edmund's mother, you hold the answers to your questions. "No one can go through the Vail except he whom have been chosen". The witch doctor said as he makes a majesty turn shaking his staff and went away.

The statement of the witch Doctor sounded like an atomic bomb in the head of both husband and wife. Not having an idea of what next to do, 'okolodike' broke the silence. "My dear, what else is there to do again?. We have tried our best as parents, we cannot go through the Vail, no one can. We just have to watch and hope for the best". 'Okolodike' said with traces of tears in his eyes. Wiping them with his hands, he continued "I cannot even imagine the pains you are going through" then turning to Edmund, "I know I was the cause of this your suffering,if only had i listened to you, maybe we all would have been here together" . Edmund's mother already sobbing, threw her arms around her husband in a way to comfort him. " for the sake of your mother who bore you in her womb for seven hard and tempting months, who had to go through series of trials and turmoil to make sure you lived" just then it dawned on Edmund's mother. Yes I have saved you when you were little, she remembered what Edmund had told her when he was 7 years old,
Edmund's voice Echoing in her head " mama, do you know you can read my mind?" "Hahaha my dear boy, no one can read mind"
"But mama am connected to you".....the voice faded. then Edmund's mother sprang up and recalled the witch doctor's words ..." Woman you hold the answers to your questions" .

"What is it"? 'Okolodike' in shock asked his wife.
Looking straight at nothing in particular she said, "I think I know the way".
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2015
That evening, instinctively she tied a white wrapper and rubbed white native powder on her face....'Okolodike watch in anticipation as his wife did all these things.

Just then she knelt beside Edmund's body and place her thumb on his fore head and her ring finger which connects straight to the heart and pointing on Edmund's chest she said " I am your mother, let me through my son!" She stood up as if nothing had happened, went outside and cleaned up. All this while 'okolodike' was speechless, not knowing what to say.
...... At about midnight, Edmund's mother was already feeling sleepy and she went to wash her face with water, but it seemed the water just gave the sleep more power, some minutes more she dozed off....but she opened her eyes and saw Edmund standing in front of a huge oak tree, not realising what has happened, she went straight to Edmund rejoicing and said "my son you are back, we were worried sick about you. Then Edmund spoke. "Mama please free me, am stuck." "What are you talking about son!?" And when she looked around, all she saw was a vast empty space like that of a football stadium with lots of lighted red candles that illuminated the seemingly dark environment which were arranged in a sacrificial manner, and a large empty throne that had blood stained on it. The sky appeared lower than what she knows, it was randomly changing color like a chameleon and was shimmery thick like that of a molten magna and was shooting fire balls here and there.

It then dawned on Edmund's mother , that she was in another world.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2015
Edmund spoke again to his mother "mama what are you waiting for?" she came back to her senses and Without wasting much time, she rushed to untie him. The minute she stepped forward, a strange strong force pulled her back and she fell down. Groaning in a bid to get her self back up, she notice a big two toed structure like human being only that it was about 7feet tall, black and fiercely looking with stenchy smell.
Just about then, she was lifted up, strangely nothing was holding her and from thin air, a sword appeared in her hands. "Mama fight him off, and use the sword to free me" said Edmund from behind. when she looked back, she saw Edmund's eye lighted up with fire, which supposedly was the power behind her mystical soaring in the air and the sword appearing from nowhere.
As she was about the hit the giant creature with the sword, she noticed that all around them were demons of different kinds, and that the demon before her was the demon prince as he was wearing a golden-like crown around its head. "WHAT POWER DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE WOMAN?" the demon said laughing...hitting so hard, she fell down....then continued pointing to Edmund "THIS BOY HAVE STRANGE STRENGTH AND POWER, WHICH I DO NOT KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM." "BUT IT IS OF NO ESSENCE, AS I THE DEMON PRINCE WILL STRIPE HIM OF THOSE POWERS". "Do not hurt my mother" Edmund shouted from behind, and when the mother lifted the sword again, seven demons restrained her and she was struggling to free her self. One of the demons slap her so hard that sparks of fire emitted from her face. As Edmund shouted "NOOOOOOOOOOO" , a mighty wind blew the seven demons away.

Looking in awe, the demon Prince who was now sitting on his bloody throne, stood up and flew to where Edmund was. He smashed his head with the iron sceptre and huge spark of blue-like light went off, immediately the sword left Edmund's mother and as it flew towards Edmund, the demon prince waved his hand and and the sword hanged in the air, and with another mighty wave the sword melted.

Looking up and with a strong mighty shout, fire came down flying towards the demon prince and burnt his face. The demon gave out a loud screeching shout, then stood up and also conjured his own flames and sent it towards Edmund but as it approached him, His eyes shone white and a large metal obstructed the fire. *Then spreading his hands apart, and speaking in strange tongue the fire which Edmund had summoned, turned whitish blue and was hanging in the air. Looking at the Edmund's mother the demon said "WATCH AS HE DIES" And directed the fire towards him again... This time melting even the iron which had served as protection for Edmund. As the fire flamed Edmund's body, he was wriggling in pains and then his mother shouted.....
'Noooooo!!' Please please not my son please.....she cried out as she watched her only son burnt to ashes in the fire.
Edmund rose his head looking into his mother's eyes, In the midst of his tears he made his last declaration..."I will be returned to you Mother" and bowed his head and gave up his ghost. and a white light went off him and entered his mother's womb.

Immediately she woke up from the sleep and turning to her side, she tried to wake Edmund up. As she touched his body, she noticed ashes on her hand. But Edmund's body was normal, only that it has turned to a white-like color. She cried so hard, shook him vigorously but no response. She gave out a loud cry, and after some minutes 'okolodike' and some other neighbors rushed in gathered around her, they knew what has happened and were shaking their head in pity and sympathy. 'Okolodike' stood at the door entrance faced down and wept.

Edmund is DEAD!.
Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Nadia6161(f): 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eya wat a sad event.

1 Like

Re: Axel- Mystical Novel Of Reincarnation. by Pweedycutie(f): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2017
So no updates agyn sad cry

(1) (Reply)

Happy Lohri Sms In Punjabi | Lohri Text ,wishes, Greetings In Punjabi 2015 / Boredom Made Me Do It (part 5). / See What Victor Emeruwa Says About Freelance Writing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.