Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. (47448 Views)

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija / Folorunsho Alakija: Nigeria’s Richest Woman [photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2014
tecmon:

Can you see the reason why the north and west are hell bent on snatching power from the south by all ludicrous,ignoble means, because these oil leases are not likely to be renewed under GEJ.

GEJ till 2019 !!
You have spoken wisely
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by InglishTeechar(m): 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
chronique:
I asked questions based on what was written up there. She worked as a secretary in a bank before going to London to study fashion designing,and when she came back,she went into the fashion biz and was able to acquire an oil block;where did the source of fund come from? Her retirement benefit from the bank or her fashion biz? Or is She from a very rich family? If you say fashion biz,what was the worth of the fashion industry in Nigeria as at 1993,that one would have invested in,to make enough more to buy and oil block? Please I asked questions that are reasonable and I'm not hating her for Her achievements. Since you think I'm ignorant,kindly enlighten me;I'm willing to learn. Thank you.

Your reasoning is purely logical but do you know what grace and divine connection God has blessed her with? Simple logic dont make people wealthy else people like you would be a billionaire by now...look at the worlds richest people, some of them dont even have educational background or have wealthy families...most of them are self made. My bible tells me that it is God that giveth the power to have wealth.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by DAVE5(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
franugo:

bro u mean its nt an obligation right?

if u re-read my post again, u'd see i wrote "giving back is an obligation and not a duty", i think dat should mean: IT IS AN OBLIGATION TO GIVE, IT IS NOT A DUTY
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by DAVE5(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mistermamus:
c reasoning smh

oga abeg shei u get wahala wit the way i dey reason ni...
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by DAVE5(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
tonychristopher:

That'ß not what I meant I never said you should sit back and do nothing , I am Igbo and I abhors lazy attitude what I meant is that always find a way to give back to society that made you that what I meant by change your mindset

We can't just be selfish that what I meant

ehen, at least u and i can agree on somthing, i am not a selfish pesin btw, but if someone else decides to be selfish, i dont think its any of my palava....
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
DAVE5:

if u re-read my post again, u'd see i wrote "giving back is an obligation and not a duty", i think dat should mean: IT IS AN OBLIGATION TO GIVE, IT IS NOT A DUTY

errr maybe we have different dictionaries. Obligation means something mandatory same as a duty...abi na me dey jonez
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by cdee(f): 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
I actually don't know much about Madam Alakija ( I'm a Fashion Designer) until once when my sister was sharing her story that she told at one event she attended. Cos I told her I love my Biz and will groom it well to great and massive succeSs then the story begins and I'm just not Impressed. Don't criticize me please , its what they say she said and I quote.

" When she came back from her Fashion training to ste up her own fashion business, there was no success in her Fashion career. This happens a lot of already rich designer don't actually make anything from that trade. The cash they already have makes their biz bloom. They earn as low as 10% of what the put into the biz and so they quit. That's just what her story was like according to my sister. Then she attended one last exhibition which she spent a lot and she didn't make a dime at the event (I've been there too). And so there is this friend of hers who actually own this Ideas but has no Fund to implement it and she (Alakija) has money to finance the project and the switch and settlement came. I can't remember the rest of the story cos it hasn't changed my mind towards fashion Designing.

All those supporting her should please help deliver the message to her to atleast give back to the SOCIETY as well or invite her to read the minds of her people in this discussion. Oprah's Money can't reach her's cos Oprah's has evidently reaches out to the poor more than her. I guess she does but not enough please. Mama Alakija do something.

Don't know oooo. It fit be true.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by DAVE5(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
franugo:

errr maybe we have different dictionaries. Obligation means something mandatory same as a duty...abi na me dey jonez

oops, i am so sorry for the error of english, i meant to say ; its her choice and not OBLIGATION, am so sorry for the mistake, i don dey turn old man so english don dey turn problem...

thanks for correcting me sir...
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by franugo(m): 7:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
DAVE5:

oops, i am so sorry for the error of english, i meant to say ; its her choice and not OBLIGATION, am so sorry for the mistake, i don dey turn old man so english don dey turn problem...

thanks for correcting me sir...

gringrin u are welcum bros but me no be sir.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by Chinom(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2015
She be IBB's runs girl. Period. It's an open secret.
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by VirginFinder: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2015
Chinom:
She be IBB's runs girl. Period. It's an open secret.

Why isn't your mum or any other female relation of yours an 'IBB runs girl'?

The reason is 'Time and Chance'.

So take heart and stop being jealous.

Happy New Year!
Re: Folorunsho Alakija Unseats Oprah As Richest Black Woman. by somtookeke(m): 6:16am On Jan 08, 2020
62-year-old oil tycoon and fashionista, Folorunsho Alakija, has reportedly unseated media executive, talk show host, and philanthropist, Oprah Winfrey.

According to American business magazine, Forbes magazine, Alakija’s fortune has been estimated at $600 million, as of November 2012, however, the magazine’s editor-in-chief Uzodinma Iweala said his researchers were ‘closer to the ground.’

Expatiating the reports, they noted that Brazilian oil company, Petrobas, was looking to sell its 8 per cent stake in OML 127 for $1.5- $2.5 billion, and extrapolated that if they managed to sell it for $1 billion, Alakija’s 60 per cent stake would be worth at least $7.3 billion.

Read More: wink wink wink wink

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/forbes-folorunsho-alakija-unseats-oprah.html

Other headlines

Rockets hit Iraq base where US troops are located

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/rockets-hit-iraq-base-where-us-troops.html

21 wonderful Health Benefits of Oha Leave within 3 days

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/21-wonderful-health-benefits-of-oha.html

11 facts about Nigeria's Oshoala, Africa's best female footballer who dropped school for football

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/11-facts-about-nigeria-oshoala-africa.html

Everything I Was Taught In School Was All Lies – Naira Marley

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/everything-i-was-taught-in-school-was.html

CAF Awards 2019: Sadio Mane is Africa’s best player

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/caf-awards-2019-sadio-mane-is-africas.html

Like , Share, Comment grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Obi Iyiegbu Cubana Building A Night Club In Lagos (photo) / Obi Cubana To Sponsor Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker To University / How To Stay Rich Even When You Have A Very Low Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.