Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Golden Globe 2008 Nominees - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Golden Globe 2008 Nominees (5240 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Winners Of The 2011 Golden Globe Awards / Chiwetel Ejiofor Nominated For A Golden Globe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2009
Just thought I might spice things up a little. wink cheesy
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2009
Aaaah yes! Slumdogs owned the night and they didn't have to buy. . . even though they could afford it!  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lame, I know! I know but what do I care. . . .SLUMDOG WON! Next Stop Oscars baby.  cool cool

A'ight fun and games on the side for now, time for serious business. . . interesting how the Hollywood foreign press gave all the awards to foreigners (from an American Point of view) isn't it? Hmmmm, makes ya wonder. . . .or not. grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Just thought I might spice things up a little. wink cheesy

And spice up you did my sixsta, spice up you did but I wish you had posted more pix for the best movie. . . . .Evah!!

SLUMDOG MILLONAIRE BABY

[img]http://sparklingriver.files./2008/04/ar-rahman-one-love.jpg[/img]

Eh ehn. . . much better! LMAO!!!

Please, please don’t kill any dogs. .  I am just yanking your chain cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by vicade(m): 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2009
Slum Dog Millionaire all the way.

Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2009
I was hoping Brad will get Best Actor and Angeline would get best Actress. Two's too much for Kate jare.

January Jones also should have won for Mad Men
Michael C hall for Dexter. They just keep snubbing the man undecided
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2009
I wanted Penelope to win for Vicky Christina.

Same here. She was excellent in the movie. How come Scarlett wasnt on stage when the movie won though?
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by Sapphic: 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
KarmaMod:

I was hoping Brad will get Best Actor and Angeline would get best Actress. Two's too much for Kate jare.

All you bad belle people. All these years when Kate did not win anything una no talk o. The woman has been shunned by these awards (and the oscars) for far too long. She is a good actress. Hope she nails it at the Oscars too.

As for Slumdog, to think that they almost did not get a distributor in America. Just goes to show that the big boys wrote them off initially and they aren't always right.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 12:41am On Jan 13, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lmao! That would have been too much for the Jolie-Pitt Household and the people would start going on and on about how they didn't deserve it an only got it coz of Brangelina hype blah, blah blah. I think only one of 'em if any will get it and I hope it's Pitt. The guy is so underrated, it's not fair. cry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2009
Bliss?

Were you banned?
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 2:36am On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Lmao! That would have been too much for the Jolie-Pitt Household and the people would start going on and on about how they didn't deserve it an only got it because of Brangelina hype blah, blah blah. I think only one of 'em if any will get it and I hope it's Pitt. The guy is so underrated, it's not fair. cry

Aswerigawd, i have been waiting soooo long for him to win sad

Sisi Jinx:

A'ight fun and games on the side for now, time for serious business. . . interesting how the Hollywood foreign press gave all the awards to foreigners (from an American Point of view) isn't it? Hmmmm, makes ya wonder. . . .or not. grin

Hahhhhhhhhh and good thing too!
I tend to prefer foreigner actors (Vesc too)
They have more range and depth.

Please what were Blake Lively and Jonas Brothers doing there

tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by Sapphic: 2:37am On Jan 13, 2009
Yes o. not just banned from posting, but completely banned. . . just for an "innocent" photo o. angry (OK a filthy photo. . . but no Instruments was shown, just boobs. . . ok and lesbian practices. . . LOL).

@ Iice, How old are you really?
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 3:14am On Jan 13, 2009
Practically ancient cheesy
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by Sapphic: 3:23am On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

Practically ancient cheesy

Yeah. Exactly how ancient though? You have sidestepped this question for years and years and years and years and years and years [size=5pt]and years and years. . . [/size] .
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 3:35am On Jan 13, 2009
grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 7:57am On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

And spice up you did my sixsta, spice up you did but I wish you had posted more pix for the best movie. . . . .Evah!!
Eh ehn. . . much better! LMAO!!!

Please, please don’t kill any dogs. .  I am just yanking your chain cheesy cheesy cheesy

Off to kill sisi's dog. . . .  angry

So sapphic is bliss eh? No wonder she has a big mouth! ([size=3pt]Don't you just love the way Penelope and Scarlet are holding each other ?[/size] wink) tongue cheesy
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2009
iice, what is In Treatment about and how are you watching HBO shows sef :p

Gimme the links you use! grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2009
In treatment is about a psychoanalyst who after treating his patients ends the week by going to his own therapist grin

If i can't find it to watch online or those links that take forever to load/buffer i just download it.  You can try Show Links
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 5:54pm On Jan 13, 2009
Boy am I glad I’m not the only one who didn’t know what IN TREATMENT was about and it pissed me off when he stole Dexter’s Award. I’m gonna put on my tin foil hat here and say it is a conspiracy. . . yeah, Dexter is too RACY for the moms and pops who run the HFP, so the overlook it.

There I said it  cheesy

Please what were Blake Lively and Jonas Brothers doing there

Bwahaha, what about Miley? I tell ya, all sorts of disrespectin' in Hollywood.  undecided

Sapphic:

Yes o. not just banned from posting, but completely banned. . . just for an "innocent" photo o. angry (OK a filthy photo. . . but no Instruments was shown, just boobs. . . ok and lesbian practices. . . LOL).

Lmao! So what the girls weren't pretty enough for the judges. . .  is that it?

TPTB sure take themselves way too seriously, don't they?

spikedcylinder:

Off to kill sisi's dog. . . .  angry

I am sorry! Please forgive me. . . you not hear a peep out of me about SM again.

Just let my dear dead as a doorknob Brandy rest in peace. Please?  cry cry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by spikedcylinder: 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

In treatment is about a psychoanalyst who after treating his patients ends the week by going to his own therapist grin

If i can't find it to watch online or those links that take forever to load/buffer i just download it.  You can try Show Links

You this woman! cheesy

I am sorry! Please forgive me. . . you not hear a peep out of me about SM again.

Just let my dear dead as a doorknob Brandy rest in peace. Please?

SM rocks! tongue grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2009
Dont mind Bliss, the girl in the pic was so gross that even Fela would reject her blindfolded.

Sisi Jinx:

Boy am I glad I’m not the only one who didn’t know what IN TREATMENT was about and it pissed me off when he stole Dexter’s Award. I’m going to put on my tin foil hat here and say it is a conspiracy. . . yeah, Dexter is too RACY for the moms and pops who run the HFP, so the overlook it.

But Dexter had only 0.0001% of sex in Season 1 (how I prefer my Dexter B.t.w), season 2 wasnt too bad either, dont know about Season 3. True blood however I hear is quite raunchy so I dont get the continuous Disses
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

SM rocks! tongue grin

Yipeeeeee! A Convert!!

@ iice

Try this link In Treatment, the videos buffer a lot faster than TV Links and PeekVideo

KarmaMod:

don't mind Bliss, the girl in the pic was so gross that even Fela would reject her blindfolded.

Rotflmao!!  grin grin

How do I miss out on these things?

But Dexter had only 0.0001% of sex in Season 1 (how I prefer my Dexter B.t.w), season 2 wasnt too bad either, don't know about Season 3. True blood however I hear is quite raunchy so I don't get the continuous Disses

I don't know too ooh! It's annoying. . . my brother says it's the serial killer subject matter that bothers them. Remember when these conservative Wathc groups almost had a fit because CBS wanted to show it. Idiots.

True Blood. . . Lawd-a-mercy, Karma have you seen that show?!!! Godawful is an understatement!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 6:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

True Blood. . . Lawd-a-mercy, Karma have you seen that show?!!! Godawful is an understatement!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Godawful in what sense? I havent seen the show at all, not even a preview. Im considering it ONLY because of Alan Ball. Loved him as the director of Six Feet Under(best show kiss ). I'm so not into the vampire thing but I read that it's NOT like most vampire shows eg Buffy, blah blah so Im curious

Is it like a good show. that has sex and violence or just a show that RELIES on sex and violence?

cos me o, I hate shows that are the latter group. Nip/Tuck used to be former then after Season 3 is now in the latter group cry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi take your time oo grin grin grin
I love True Blood grin

Sisi Jinx:

Bwahahaha, what about Miley? I tell ya, all sorts of disrespectin' in Hollywood.  undecided

She was there because she wrote the song along with some other people to Bolt.
Yup season 1 of Dexter didn't have much sex.  Unlike Californication which i also like grin
But seriously Michael C. Hall should be awarded na.

spikedcylinder:

You this woman! cheesy

SM rocks! tongue grin

tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi i couldn't open the link, but was that surfthechannel?
Sometimes, some vids don't work for me there undecided

Karma, yes it's not like buffy. I wouldn't say it relies on sex and violence but those go hand in hand with Vampires, so it wouldn't work that much without it. The sex though is usually always comes from Sookie's (Anna Paquin) brother - bloody horn dog angry

Eric is to die for except karma thinks he's albino tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

Sisi take your time oo grin grin grin
.  Unlike Californication which i also like grin

They couldnt pay me to watch Californication. undecided The Lyla Sex sef nearly ruined Season 2 of Dexter for me. Just didnt make any sense. Dexter's SUPPOSED to be asexual. This is someone in Season 1, when him and Rita were watching a romantic movie and she was crying over a scene, he thought that was the best time to try and give her MouthAction. Rofl.  grin THAT's the Dexter I know!  grin grin Whenever I remember that scene, I die laughing  cheesy

He tried so hard to keep away from Rita all in the name of avoiding sex  yet season 2 they turn him into some sex maniac for Lila, abeg jo. How does that make sense abi they think people don't follow the show from the beginning. So annoying or perhaps they felt that will bring in more fans *rolls eyes*

Nip/Tuck and co that have always been raunchy, the gratuitous sex in those make sense because it goes with the story.

Doesnt work with Dexter.  angry
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by iice(f): 6:44pm On Jan 13, 2009
KarmaMod:

Dexter's SUPPOSED to be asexual.

Nip/Tuck and co that have always been raunchy, the gratuitous sex in those make sense because it goes with the story.

Thank you jo. It's the asexual Dexter that i like.
Hahhhh i don tire for Nip/Tuck. It's not as good as it used to be.

Hank Moody is mental! grin
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

Hahhhh i don tire for Nip/Tuck. It's not as good as it used to be.

I think I watch it out of habit/loyalty now. It's very sad. cry Last week only the first 10 mins were execellent, after that I tuned out. (if you havent seen the beginning of last week's premiere, you really should)

is sookie's brother a vampire abi why the horndog status? I'll look into it sha, if it's nothing more than some violence and lots of vampy sex, then I wont continue the series
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2009
Karma you have gba ton, it does RELY ON SEX AND VIOLENCE. . . it's a vampire show, so I guess it's expected but that freaking accent makes me want to stab someone. Gah!

@ iice
Lmao. . . I'm sorry but show makes me blood boil and that her brother, the only person he hasn't slept with is his sister and granma. Sookie's best friend annoys the bejesus how out me. Do they have to make her the stereotypical black girl? Abeg jo. angry

Yeah, that's Surf the Channel.
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2009
lmao vampires have accents? 
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2009
Rotflmao! They are supposed to be in Baton Rouge or some place with the thang accent. It's not the vampire themselves, it's the other people, Sookie (that's the main girl who is also Psychic by the way) and the town's people.

I stopped watching Nip/Tuck after season 3.

I started watching Californication because of DD but when I saw he wasn't the DD of Mulder and Scully DD, I gave it up. Have I told you how much I looooved X Files? tongue
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by KarmaMod(f): 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

I started watching Californication because of DD but when I say he wasn't the DD of Mulder and Scully DD, I gave it up.

Rofl, how long did it take you to realize this, Sisi dear
Re: Golden Globe 2008 Nominees by SisiJinx: 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2009
Oh about the time they showed his bum. . . . which was like the first scene of the first episode of the first season! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Ayinla" - 2021 Nollywood Movie By Tunde Kelani / The Biggest Pool Party Ever In Nigeria Comes To Lekki This December! / Oct 1st 2020, Gotv Lite Changed To Gotv Smallie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.