Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,687 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( (4524 Views)

How I Lost Over #20000 Through My Misplaced ATM Card.. / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Latest Fraud Threat To GTB And Springbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2014
sometime ago i opened a thread about leaving GTBank, i finally opened an Access bank account but was still some how using the GTB account.

Last week i still had 15,900 in my GTB savings account so i wanted paying for a service, i then did a transfer to the guy via internet banking the amount to send was N15,500 so i did that with no much issues except for maybe bad internet.

I later confirmed that the fellow got the money but then my account was reading -14,100 (negative). i didnt mind much because i am not even using the account again, but as bad as it got, someone sent me money and used the same old GTB account and voila they deducted the 14,100 as expected because it had (-). i called GTB and they said i had to beg the guy to send back the money, yea! thats like the right thing to do but how was it possible to even send out the extra cash if i dont have that money in my account? isnt that there fault and to say the beneficiary of that transfer uses GTB.

Also during the holidays i had reasons to use their dollar Mastercard for withdrawal and i got the shock of my life, first i couldnt withdraw more than N10,000 at once (they were converting at 1USD = N184) and i did that 7 times (N70,000) with out knowing they were charging me 3.5USD per each withdrawal so i lost $24.5 which is almost N5000, and mind you i used their own machine for the withdraw.

so i have lost almost N20,000 to GTB this holidays.

Called customer care and no resolution or reason for charging 3.5USD, first the CC agent said the money is for the bank's ATM i used abroad, but funny he must have checked my last transactions, but i used this in Nigeria and on GTB machine, he became startled.

NB
the CC agent confirmed the guy got the money twice because it was also a GTB account but im still yet to reconfirm from the guy because initially i asked and he said he got it only once.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by TrishaP(f): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
If it's possible for u to go the guys bank and check his bank details.

Same thing almost happened to me last month, sent 7K to a friend twice via ATM but due to network failure, it deducted me and when I asked my friend, she said she hasn't received anything, (same GTB bank) so I went to my bank and her own bank to confirm if the money was actually there so they confirmed it for me. Well it's bcus i knew someone in the CC that was y it was easier for me.

Then later she said she wz sorry that she was checking another bank account that was y she didnt see it. Lies!!

Sorry dear, you can still get bck ur money if you confirm correctly from the guy.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by luvlyoracle(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2014
adewasco2k:
sometime ago i opened a thread about leaving GTBank, i finally opened an Access bank account but was still some how using the GTB account.

Last week i still had 15,900 in my GTB savings account so i wanted paying for a service, i then did a transfer to the guy via internet banking the amount to send was N15,500 so i did that with no much issues except for maybe bad internet.

I later confirmed that the fellow got the money but then my account was reading -14,100 (negative). i didnt mind much because i am not even using the account again, but as bad as it got, someone sent me money and used the same old GTB account and voila they deducted the 14,100 as expected because it had (-). i called GTB and they said i had to beg the guy to send back the money, yea! thats like the right thing to do but how was it possible to even send out the extra cash if i dont have that money in my account? isnt that there fault and to say the beneficiary of that transfer uses GTB.

Also during the holidays i had reasons to use their dollar Mastercard for withdrawal and i got the shock of my life, first i couldnt withdraw more than N10,000 at once (they were converting at 1USD = N184) and i did that 7 times (N70,000) with out knowing they were charging me 3.5USD per each withdrawal so i lost $24.5 which is almost N5000, and mind you i used their own machine for the withdraw.

so i have lost almost N20,000 to GTB this holidays.

Called customer care and no resolution or reason for charging 3.5USD, first the CC agent said the money is for the bank's ATM i used abroad, but funny he must have checked my last transactions, but i used this in Nigeria and on GTB machine, he became startled.

NB
the CC agent confirmed the guy got the money twice because it was also a GTB account but im still yet to reconfirm from the guy because initially i asked and he said he got it only once.
Access bank all the way.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by holatin(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2014
maga will never finish on earth.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by sweettease(f): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by uboma(m): 10:58am On Dec 29, 2014
I had a similar problem with Stanbic during the holidays
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2014
uboma:
I had a similar problem with Stanbic during the holidays

Ooh! Compliment bro, we should speak on phone, will call you sir
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by holatin(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:
undecided undecided undecided
ma'am
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 11:51am On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:

You are an ediot ?

5 Likes

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by holatin(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
adewasco2k:

You are an ediot ?
Really ??

Then you are stupid, dumb,indiscreet,clueless pointless, silly and shallow.

when you c a - in ur account, your accessive dormain can't interact with your cognitive dormain dat you should complain immediately but your psycomotives dormain could send a Signal to your mouth to call me an idiot.

Odouferial animal in a gringorungal homosapien specimen.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by princee007(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
My friend told me that attaching them through Social media channels is the best and most effective way to get their attention, apparently works like magic if you know how to do it
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by bedfordng(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
this issue is becoming problematic because most people will end up sending millions to an account without knowing they did due to network failure.this is why i always advice you check your account balance imediately after trying to transfer via atm or internet banking if network error occured.the processing is like a speed of light even if there was network problem. The thing is that even if there is network problem, at first click of the transfer button, it will initiate the transaction.so always check your account balance if you got an error network problem.also, as for the negative balance, it is unusual.have not heard of this before where one has no fund in his account and was allowed to transfer.its either the platform has problem or maybe they gave you bank over draft.if its from the platform, then it most have been a loop whole.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:
Really ??

when you c a - in ur account, your accessive dormain can't interact with your cognitive dormain dat you should complain immediately but your psycomotives dormain could send a Signal to your mouth to call me an idiot.

Did you even read where I know there was a problem but decided to leave it because I was not using it the account but someone paid into it again
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
This means if it was like a million we have then 2 million then I can abandon the account .

Money doubler
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by uboma(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
adewasco2k:

Ooh! Compliment bro, we should speak on phone, will call you sir

My Brother, sorry i missed your calls earlier. I will call you when i get back home. Welcome back home
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Tolzeal(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
sorry adeswasko2k.. i think the best you could do is to follow Miss TrishaP idea.

With that i think the problem should be solved. angry
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by uboma(m): 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:
Really ??

Are you okay? There is no sense in your post
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Ymodulus: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Bro,
I read your story and am sorry you passed through that.

TrishaP:
If it's possible for u to go the guys bank and check his bank details.
Same thing almost happened to me last month, sent 7K to a friend twice via ATM but due to network failure, it deducted me and when I asked my friend, she said she hasn't received anything, (same GTB bank) so I went to my bank and her own bank to confirm if the money was actually there so they confirmed it for me. Well it's bcus i knew someone in the CC that was y it was easier for me.
Then later she said she wz sorry that she was checking another bank account that was y she didnt see it. Lies!!
Sorry dear, you can still get bck ur money if you confirm correctly from the guy.
GTBank is a joke ma.

1. First Experience: I have 5,050 yet to be refunded. i bought recharge card from /recharge
2. Second Experience: I have N64,000 over 4 months yet to be refunded.

I used an ATM Machine at STANBIC IBTC Bank. On redrawing N20,000 the ATM Machine made sounds of money been counted, nothing was dispensed; Second attempt to redraw same amount, time i was told Issuer or Switch Inoperative; Third Attempt, machine counted and nothing was dispensed.
I took a break, allowed the person behind me to redraw this he did successfully with a diamond bank ATM Card, then i went back to the machine and tried redrawing N4,000, still nothing was dispensed it only showed me transaction processing for minutes and later ejected my card.

Behold, few minutes after walking out of the ATM Stand i just received a debit alert of N64,000. I have complained and complained and fill all the Error Forms their customer agent gave me, yet not even a penny have been refunded.

It got to a point that if i complain to the Customer care agents they keep on telling me to go pick up one stupid phone and dial 8100. I am just tired and fed up.

4Months and counting ...... Gtbank is just not it. Access Bank all the way!!!

I wont allow my enemy bank with Guaranty Trust Bank

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by dunkem21(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ymodulus:
Bro,

GTBank is a joke ma.

1. First Experience: I have 5,050 yet to be refunded. i bought recharge card from /recharge

I used an ATM Machine at STANBIC IBTC Bank. On redrawing N20,000 the ATM Machine made sounds of money been counted, nothing was dispensed; Second attempt to redraw same amount, time i was told Issuer or Switch Inoperative; Third Attempt, machine counted and nothing was dispensed.
I took a break, allowed the person behind me to redraw this he did successfully with a diamond bank ATM Card, then i went back to the machine and tried redrawing N4,000, still nothing was dispensed it only showed me transaction processing for minutes and later ejected my card.

Behold, few minutes after walking out of the ATM Stand i just received a debit alert of N64,000. I have complained and complained and fill all the Error Forms their customer agent gave me, yet not even a penny have been refunded.

It got to a point that if i complain to the Customer care agents they keep on telling me to go pick up one stupid phone and dial 8100. I am just tired and fed up.

I dont think its right to de-market or advertise any bank on a public forum like this. It violates the CBN laws.

That said, you can get your money back if you aggressively pursue it. These days, the lines of top echelons of the bank are made available on their boards, fliers or on request. You can also complain thru the social media(facebook, twitter, bank site et al). They go answer you sharpaly.

The last straw is to escalate it to the CBN. Please, this should be your last option as it will attract heavy sanction to the bank if it is verified.

Goodluck.

Before I forget, if you succeed, dont forget to buy your boy, zobo.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Ymodulus: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
dunkem21:

I dont think its right to de-market or advertise any bank on a public forum like this. It violates the CBN laws.

After depriving me of my money for close to 4months??

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by dunkem21(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ymodulus:

After depriving me of my money for close to 4months??

You can get your money back, bro.

Try those steps. Just make sure that your evidences are intact incase it reaches CBN.

Its true when they say one dissatisfied customer tells 1000.

I plead on GTB's behalf.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Ymodulus: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
dunkem21:

You can get your money back, bro.

Try those steps. Just make sure that your evidences are intact incase it reaches CBN.

Its true when they say one dissatisfied customer tells 1000.

I plead on GTB's behalf.
You work for gtbank?? I dont have social media accounts mind you, just nairaland.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by dunkem21(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ymodulus:

You work for gtbank?? I dont have social media accounts mind you, just nairaland.

Ok. Try and get their chief operating office, dedicated customer service desk or straight to the ED's office. Also threaten to lodge your complaints on social media(This will push their legs) and lastly mail Emefiele.

I wish I can do it for you but its better to "do it yourself"(Alibaba) as you know the transactions by heart.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Evicsholar(f): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ymodulus:

GTBank is a joke ma.

I had a similar experience with you sir. It happend on the 2nd of Sept, the day i started my 2nd semester exam. I had 12k with me and i had to give some1 5k out of it. I tried to withdraw 6k, the machine made some noise of it counting money but it didnt dispense, tried it the second time and i got the money(6k) of which i gave some1 #5000 and i was left with #1000(1k for 3wks of exam). Unknown to me, i had been debited twice. It was painful. I have filled several forms, called GTCONNECT severally but only responded once (even after wasting my credit). I walked into one of their branches sometimes last wk to make some deposite and then went to their CC only for him to tell me that there is no record of any transaction on the said date but the annoying thing on my part is that i restored the factory settings on my phone thinking that my backup was intact so the alerts i recieved then are all gone
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by adewasco2k(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
So many complains even from friends.

Two of my pals just left them this month.

They were good at a time but the over hyping got into their head.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by ichapi55: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ymodulus:
Bro,

GTBank is a joke ma.

@ymodulus I can swear u didn't follow it the right way I had a debit issue of 20k in feb this year the way I take follow am ehn 3 of their regional managers called me on a monday after waiting 7 days and by the wenesday of that week it was refunded. Sharply.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by holatin(m): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
uboma:

Are you okay? There is no sense in your post
really ?

then you don't know Ow to read at all.
done speaking with you
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by kolomax(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
access bank or nothing
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by fadjnr(m): 2:13am On Dec 31, 2014
Evicsholar:
I had a similar experience with you sir. It happend on the 2nd of Sept, the day i started my 2nd semester exam. I had 12k with me and i had to give some1 5k out of it. I tried to withdraw 6k, the machine made some noise of it counting money but it didnt dispense, tried it the second time and i got the money(6k) of which i gave some1 #5000 and i was left with #1000(1k for 3wks of exam). Unknown to me, i had been debited twice. It was painful. I have filled several forms, called GTCONNECT severally but only responded once (even after wasting my credit). I walked into one of their branches sometimes last wk to make some deposite and then went to their CC only for him to tell me that there is no record of any transaction on the said date but the annoying thing on my part is that i restored the factory settings on my phone thinking that my backup was intact so the alerts i recieved then are all gone

If they insist that there was no transaction just tell them you want your statement of account from the said date

1 Like

Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by koning: 8:08am On Dec 31, 2014
Ymodulus:
Bro,

GTBank is a joke ma.

Had the exact same experience with Diamond bank. The ATM made that ' counting of money' sound, but no dime was dispensed. I am giving them till Monday to credit my N20,000 back before I launch an expansive negative campaign.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by initialize(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
I have a similar issue as Ymodulus....

I went to use my Gtbank on a Firstbank ATM to withdraw some money and the machine wouldn't dispense on two occasion, 2 seperate transaction of #20,000 each which total to #40,000 from the entire transaction neither was it reversed. This happened 30th July, 2014

I've been to several branches to complain, filled various forms and I submitted the transaction IDs for the transactions...initially, their CCs kept arguing with me that I have no case but when I didn't let then rest at the Ikeja branch I got #20,000 refunded in September but they are yet to refund the remaining #20,000 to me. Maybe they want me to be resuming at their office daily before they return the last #20,000.
Re: How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( by Ymodulus: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
initialize:
I have a similar issue as Ymodulus....

I went to use my Gtbank on a Firstbank ATM to withdraw some money and the machine wouldn't dispense on two occasion, 2 seperate transaction of #20,000 each which total to #40,000 from the entire transaction neither was it reversed. This happened 30th July, 2014

I've been to several branches to complain, filled various forms and I submitted the transaction IDs for the transactions...initially, their CCs kept arguing with me that I have no case but when I didn't let then rest at the Ikeja branch I got #20,000 refunded in September but they are yet to refund the remaining #20,000 to me. Maybe they want me to be resuming at their office daily before they return the last #20,000.

I visited another branch today to lay my complains and i was told they cant see history of my transaction. Am so suprise

(1) (2) (Reply)

GUO The Worse Transport Company / FBN Merchant Bank Teams Up With Oxford Group To Publish 2017 Report On Nigeria / How To Earn N300 And Up To 10k Weekly From Palmpay For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.