Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,020 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? (1209 Views)

Three Most Beautiful Words Cherished By A Married Woman Apart From I Love You / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You? / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Solvik(f): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Some people find it difficult to say I love you to their spouses and you can imagine some parents cannot confidently say I love you to their children.
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
cause real love is deep
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by barackodam: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lol, so true
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Ploy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
@op, I love you, how is that specially? Do you believe it?
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by thorpido(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Well it is true for most men.

A woman went to a counsellor to complain that her husband never says I love you to her.The husband was called and when asked said,on our wedding day I told her I love her.I never change my mind.If I change my mind I go tell her.
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
Cos its a sign of weakness and it will make u 2 be exploited and taken advantage of
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Solvik(f): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
@lofty900 so you mean saying I love you to your spouse and children means a sign of weakness? Haba!
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Solvik(f): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
thorpido:

A woman went to a counsellor to complain that her husband never says I love you to her.The husband was called and when asked said,on our wedding day I told her I love her.I never change my mind.If I change my mind I go tell her.

Hmmm Nawa to that husband o. To me o saying it means you're reassuring your spouse of your love for him/her.
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by AfricanApple(f): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
but its not a must na. it should be said when you feel you WANT to say it
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by KingTom(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
My father never told me he loved me, when I wanted to drop out of school He whipped me senseless with his belt, and people around told me he did not love me. Today I am a successful man. I realize that even though my dad never said he loved me, he did love me. Moral of ther story: True love is deep.

Meanwhile I love you. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
I found it hard saying 'I love you' to my parents while growing up. I thought it weird when my mom would constantly say it to me.

Even now, I still find it hard saying 'I love you' and I've been criticized heavily for it. Don't know why it's like that and I can't really explain it. I however know how to express love and I think that is more important although some people find saying the words reassuring.

@Op I don't think the difficulty in saying the words are because they don't mean it, it might just be that they just don't know how to say it.
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
It should not be said always else,it loses itz taste.....but once in a while,is normal.
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Janeify(f): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
thorpido:

Lol,that man strong o
She only needs assurance
Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
I think the problem isnt even in saying the i love you... Most couples just say it to hear a feed bak ...would he or she comfortably say it after d oda spouse mentions it? Nd dats whr d problem lies... If u realy want to assure someone u love d prson den u need not to be intriguing abt it.... Love itself is practicall and i think the ladies in question actually do want to hear the words more dan the would want such love to be practicalized..EVen God loves us dat he gave us his only son... If only we could chang our mindset abt this love and focus more on wanting to show d love dan hearing it, den i think dr would be less complications in rships

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It A Big Deal To Say I Love You? by Cutehector(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
I think the problem isnt even in saying the i love you... Most couples just say it to hear a feed bak ...would he or she comfortably say it after d oda spouse mentions it? Nd dats whr d problem lies... If u realy want to assure someone u love d prson den u need not to be intriguing abt it.... Love itself is practicall and i think the ladies in question actually do want to hear the words more dan the would want such love to be practicalized..EVen God loves us dat he gave us his only son... If only we could chang our mindset abt this love and focus more on wanting to show d love dan hearing it, den i think dr would be less complications in rships
cutehector wrote this

(1) (Reply)

How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence / Advice Her Please, Should She Confront Her Husband? / Orphanage Home In Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.