Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:03 PM

Why Don't Girls Like Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Don't Girls Like Me? (3021 Views)

Why Don't Girls Like Dating Broke Guys? / Why Don't Girls Mail Guys In Facebook? / Why Don't Girls Call Guys On Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Girls Like Me? by pamijlove(f): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
You're old enough to date. You'd like to find someone who is attractive and who shares your religious beliefs. U'll be thinking... What went wrong? Are girls looking for the best-looking guys?
WHAT TO DO FIRST.
1. Cultivate good manners: good manners show that you respect others and that you're developing a mature, christlike personality. However, good manners aren't like a suit you wear to impress others but take off when you get home. Ask yourself, 'Do I display good manners when dealing with my family members?' If not, then it will seem forced when you do so while interacting with others outside your home. Remember, to find out the type of person you really are, a disconcerning girl will look at the way you treat members of your family. (ephesians 6:1,2)
What girls say: Tina "I definitely find it attractive if a boy displays good manners both in small things, like opening the door for me, and larger things, like being kind and considerate not only to me but also to my family."
kathy "I am put off when i've just met someone but he asks questions that are too personal, such as 'Are you dating?' and 'What are your goals?' It's rude and makes me squirm".
Alexis "I find it disrespectful when boys think they can play with our emotions, as if our feelings don't matter and we are all so desperate to get married that we want them to take pity on us".
2. Maintain your personal hygiene: Good hygiene shows respect not only for others but also for yourself. (matthew 7:12) if you respect yourself, others are more likely to respect you. On the other hand, if you let your hygiene slide, you'll sabotage your efforts to impress a girl.
What girls say: kelly "One boy who was interested in me had really bad breath. I just couldn't get past that."
3. Cultivate conversation skills: The basis of a lasting relationship is good communication. You discuss not only your interests but also the interests of your friend. {philipians 2:3,4} you really listen to what she has to say and you value her opinions.
What girls say: christine "I'm impressed when a boy can converse with me naturally- when he can remember things I told him and can ask questions that keep the conversation moving."
Amy "Gifts are great. But if a boy can hold a good conversation, if he can comfort and encourage you with his words...Wow! Thats attractive."
laura "I think that boys are attracted to what they see, but girls are more attracted to what they hear."
Beth "I know one young man who is polite and never overly familiar. We can actually have meaningful conversations without his saying things like, 'You smell really good' or 'You look very cute today.' He really listens to what I say, and that would make any girl feel good."
kelly "I would definitely want to know someone better if he had a sense of humor but could also talk about more serious things without sounding fake."
4. Be responsible: girls won't be attracted to a young man who can't hold down a job because he is lazy or because he spends too much time at play. The bible says: "We each must carry our own load." (galatians 6:5)
What girls say: Carrie "I wish some boys would take on more responsibility. It's a definite turn-off when they don't. It doesn't give a good impression."
Beth "some boys don't have their goals straight. If they're interested in a girl, they find out what her goals are and they say, 'Wow, that's what I want to do!' But their present actions prove the opposite."

However, once you feel that you are ready to start a serious relationship with a particular girl, what should you do?
The next step
1. Take the initiative: if you think a friend whom you admire might make a good marriage mate, let her know you are interested in her. Be clear and forthright in declaring your feelings. Yes, it can be nerve-racking. You fear rejection. But your being willing to take the initiative is a sign that you have grown up. One caution, though: This isn't a marriage proposal. So be discerning. An overly somber or overly earnest approach may intimidate a girl rather than attract her.
What girls say: Nina "I can't read minds. So if someone wanted to get to know me better, he would have to be honest and straightforward and just tell me."
Helen "it could be an awkward transition if you've been friends for a while. But I'd respect someone if he simply said that he would like to get to know me as more than just a friend."
2. Respect the girl's decision: What if your friend says that she doesn't want a more serious relationship with you? Dignify her by believing that she knows her own heart and that her no means no. It betrays a lack of maturity if you make a pest of yourself. Really, if you ignore a girl's explicit rejection of your attention- even becoming provoked by her rebuff- are you really thinking of her interests or your own? (1 corinthians 13: 11)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
Here where i live we don't listen to super story like this.
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by pamijlove(f): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:

lol.. does it look like super story to u?
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by alhajimikehell(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
France or Bahamas/
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
pamijlove:

lol.. does it look like super story to u?
When u view in 50D

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
undecided
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Raynee(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
baby, aint nobody got time for all this

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by pamijlove(f): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
kristina1:
undecided
my friend whats d meaning of that, are u alright?
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by holatin(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
if you get money, girls go like you.

A rich monkey go get access to woman than a poor handsome man
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by AfricanApple(f): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
see comments grin
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Haha... Na WA ooo Una no see bible quotations for d post? tongue That means it's possibly not for U hard core romance lovers shocked but for my religious brothers wink. So, no one should badmouth this thread or drag it to the gutter.

Nice one op but I couldn't read it all undecided.
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by marieolae(f): 3:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
which mad person go read dis one na tongue
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nairaland is such a funny place where U see people with 10 posts and 5 topics, meaning they only show face when they have sh*ts to open as threads and posts twice on each sh*t they open lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Newkidoo(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
When u view in 50D
grin grin grin
I laughed so hard i almost shitt my pant.. undecided
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
[s]
pamijlove:
You're old enough to date. You'd like to find someone who is attractive and who shares your religious beliefs. U'll be thinking... What went wrong? Are girls looking for the best-looking guys?
WHAT TO DO FIRST.
1. Cultivate good manners: good manners show that you respect others and that you're developing a mature, christlike personality. However, good manners aren't like a suit you wear to impress others but take off when you get home. Ask yourself, 'Do I display good manners when dealing with my family members?' If not, then it will seem forced when you do so while interacting with others outside your home. Remember, to find out the type of person you really are, a disconcerning girl will look at the way you treat members of your family. (ephesians 6:1,2)
What girls say: Tina "I definitely find it attractive if a boy displays good manners both in small things, like opening the door for me, and larger things, like being kind and considerate not only to me but also to my family."
kathy "I am put off when i've just met someone but he asks questions that are too personal, such as 'Are you dating?' and 'What are your goals?' It's rude and makes me squirm".
Alexis "I find it disrespectful when boys think they can play with our emotions, as if our feelings don't matter and we are all so desperate to get married that we want them to take pity on us".
2. Maintain your personal hygiene: Good hygiene shows respect not only for others but also for yourself. (matthew 7:12) if you respect yourself, others are more likely to respect you. On the other hand, if you let your hygiene slide, you'll sabotage your efforts to impress a girl.
What girls say: kelly "One boy who was interested in me had really bad breath. I just couldn't get past that."
3. Cultivate conversation skills: The basis of a lasting relationship is good communication. You discuss not only your interests but also the interests of your friend. {philipians 2:3,4} you really listen to what she has to say and you value her opinions.
What girls say: christine "I'm impressed when a boy can converse with me naturally- when he can remember things I told him and can ask questions that keep the conversation moving."
Amy "Gifts are great. But if a boy can hold a good conversation, if he can comfort and encourage you with his words...Wow! Thats attractive."
laura "I think that boys are attracted to what they see, but girls are more attracted to what they hear."
Beth "I know one young man who is polite and never overly familiar. We can actually have meaningful conversations without his saying things like, 'You smell really good' or 'You look very cute today.' He really listens to what I say, and that would make any girl feel good."
kelly "I would definitely want to know someone better if he had a sense of humor but could also talk about more serious things without sounding fake."
4. Be responsible: girls won't be attracted to a young man who can't hold down a job because he is lazy or because he spends too much time at play. The bible says: "We each must carry our own load." (galatians 6:5)
What girls say: Carrie "I wish some boys would take on more responsibility. It's a definite turn-off when they don't. It doesn't give a good impression."
Beth "some boys don't have their goals straight. If they're interested in a girl, they find out what her goals are and they say, 'Wow, that's what I want to do!' But their present actions prove the opposite."

However, once you feel that you are ready to start a serious relationship with a particular girl, what should you do?
The next step
1. Take the initiative: if you think a friend whom you admire might make a good marriage mate, let her know you are interested in her. Be clear and forthright in declaring your feelings. Yes, it can be nerve-racking. You fear rejection. But your being willing to take the initiative is a sign that you have grown up. One caution, though: This isn't a marriage proposal. So be discerning. An overly somber or overly earnest approach may intimidate a girl rather than attract her.
What girls say: Nina "I can't read minds. So if someone wanted to get to know me better, he would have to be honest and straightforward and just tell me."
Helen "it could be an awkward transition if you've been friends for a while. But I'd respect someone if he simply said that he would like to get to know me as more than just a friend."
2. Respect the girl's decision: What if your friend says that she doesn't want a more serious relationship with you? Dignify her by believing that she knows her own heart and that her no means no. It betrays a lack of maturity if you make a pest of yourself. Really, if you ignore a girl's explicit rejection of your attention- even becoming provoked by her rebuff- are you really thinking of her interests or your own? (1 corinthians 13: 11)
[/s]holy Moses,,don't they teach summary in schools again?
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Deapexboy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nothing man pikin no go read 4 NL
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Newkidoo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
pamijlove:
my friend whats d meaning of that, are u alright?
She is alright girl..
This your thread is really not in line with the topic... Kudos though!!
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 3:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
marieolae:
shocked... The same mad person who is madly concern about why his fellow mad girls don't like him even though they both share the same madness undecided, did I answer ur question? cheesy tongue
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Newkidoo:

grin grin grin
Abi,d thread na superstory
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Newkidoo:

grin grin grin
hehe... wink Bros just go straight through the walkway, turn right and open the first door by ur left. That's the rest room, please change ur pant and make sure U don't pollute this room again cheesy
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Newkidoo(m): 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
Abi,d thread na superstory
When I saw the topic, I thought it was a guy trying to share his sweet experience how girls break his heart.. I never knew it was one girl writing story for d gods...
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Newkidoo:

When I saw the topic, I thought it was a guy trying to share his sweet experience how girls break his heart.. I never knew it was one girl writing story for d gods...
She no even know say na superstory she dey write,she ask me to confirm wether m be superstorygrin
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by pamijlove(f): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Newkidoo:

She is alright girl..
This your thread is really not in line with the topic... Kudos though!!
with that face.. No! She's not. though she's still my friend, coz i so much love her comments , buh dis one hmmm
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Newkidoo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
pamijlove:
with that face.. No! She's not. though she's still my friend, coz i so much love her comments , buh dis one hmmm
What Is wrong with her face dear
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by cozy7(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
THEN THERE ARE NO GIRLS WHERE U LIVE.
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by phunkies9(m): 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
well i really like the writeup sound mature but in Nigeria my dear is d opposite but u are good keep it up[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
cozy7:
THEN THERE ARE NO GIRLS WHERE U LIVE.
I ain't said that bro.
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
Afrok:
Haha... Na WA ooo Una no see bible quotations for d post? tongue That means it's possibly not for U hard core romance lovers shocked but for my religious brothers wink. So, no one should badmouth this thread or drag it to the gutter.

Nice one op but I couldn't read it all undecided.
Nobody badmouth it na
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
Nobody badmouth it na
ok... I believe U, that means I can copy the topic and the post as my project topic? wink
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
Afrok:
ok... I believe U, that means I can copy the topic and the post as my project topic? wink
Here where i school we don't answer such question
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
marieolae:
fact!!!
Re: Why Don't Girls Like Me? by Afrok(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
starlingleanets:
Here where i school we don't answer such question
Sorry sir! I thought U ar schooling in Afghanistan like me undecided.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Should Dating Start? / Anything Wrong With This Way Of Life / Funny As White Girl Cry That She Want To Be Black(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.