Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! (85549 Views)

Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help / Waec Certificate Help : Date Of Birth Correction / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
Good day fellow nairalanders. please, i desperately need help. i want to change the date of birth to tally with that on my JAMB result.
please, how do i go about it, how long does is take ? has anyone submitted his or hers for correction before? please...! help!;
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
impeccable.hi. any idea please?

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Excelboi(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
Just go to any high court and get a sworn affidavit to that effect. I'm sure it will suffice...

2 Likes

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by 3DCYCLOPS: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
When you were giving your principal the wrong date of birth cause you didnt want the girls to know your real age..you never thought it would back fire..lol

all those dean and co forms too much..i just pray they take pity on you...(was once in your shoes...but not dob ish though)..i know how it feels.

3 Likes

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Excelboi:
Just go to any high court and get a sworn affidavit to that effect. I'm sure it will suffice...
they don't want affidavit
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
Op, I heard is 5,000 naira u will use to rectify it in waec office.
Go to their office with your birth certificate. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Excelboi(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ray360:

they don't want affidavit
Then go to any waec branch or zonal office, explain your predicament and a letter will be given to you stating the error which you can tender anywhere. Even people who lost there certificate, such letter do stand binding and will suffice anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 12:56am On Dec 30, 2014
odun4love:
Op, I heard is 5,000 naira u will use to rectify it in waec office.
Go to their office with your birth certificate. Best of luck.
thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 12:57am On Dec 30, 2014
Excelboi:
Then go to any waec branch or zonal office, explain your predicament and a letter will be given to you stating the error which you can tender anywhere. Even people who lost there certificate, such letter do stand binding and will suffice anywhere.
thanks a lot. i would do that

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by awoladek: 4:34am On Dec 30, 2014
Wat u ask 4 is not an easy task @ all. Am having d same problem wit u and 4 dis problem 2 b solved there are certain procedure 2 follow. The first step is dat u will go back 2 ur secondary school and collect letter 4rm ur school 4 d correction of the mistake and after dat u will obtain a bank draft of 10,000 naira 4rm any bank, after dis u will nw make photocopy of ur printout, ur original certificate and the bank draft and submit all dis document 2 waec office. The worst part of the issue is that, it will take up to 6 months before the mistake can be corrected.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Oluwadare: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2014
awoladek:
Wat u ask 4 is not an easy task @ all. Am having d same problem wit u and 4 dis problem 2 b solved there are certain procedure 2 follow. The first step is dat u will go back 2 ur secondary school and collect letter 4rm ur school 4 d correction of the mistake and after dat u will obtain a bank draft of 10,000 naira 4rm any bank, after dis u will nw make photocopy of ur printout, ur original certificate and the bank draft and submit all dis document 2 waec office. The worst part of the issue is that, it will take up to 6 months before the mistake can be corrected.
Thank you very much. I really need this.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2014
awoladek:
please, have you done all that? and please what if the certificate is for G.C.E and not sec. school Waec?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by chubbyhall: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Don't miss this information if you are student

1). Practice free jamb cbt exam question, online jamb tutorial and blast your jamb score via : www.myschoolnewz.com

2). Gain Admission without Jamb into 200level through IJMB, apply here : www.aboutijmb.com

3). Get regularly Update on Latest news from all University and polytechnic, free post utme questions and answer via : www.studentgist.com

Don't miss this information if you are student

1). Practice free jamb cbt exam question, online jamb tutorial and blast your jamb score via : www.myschoolnewz.com

2). Gain Admission without Jamb into 200level through IJMB, apply here : www.aboutijmb.com

3). Get regularly Update on Latest news from all University and polytechnic, free post utme questions and answer via : www.studentgist.com
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by geedot: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
awoladek:
That's exactly how it is.. 10k plus six(6) months of waiting..
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by beefash24: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
I have waited for more than 6 months now......its so annoying after paying them, since lastyear may
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 11:24am On Feb 19, 2015
beefash24:
I have waited for more than 6 months now......its so annoying after paying them, since lastyear may
which state are you bro? what did they tell you? how did you pay, cash or bankdraft?

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by 2pence(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
(14) Q. How can a candidate get errors on his/her certificates corrected ?

A. A Private candidate sends his/her request for an amendment to WAEC directly, while in the case of a school candidate it is the principal who makes the request.
In the two instances, the original copy of the certificate should be sent along with the application for amendment. WAEC charges a fee for the amendment where it is discovered that the error emanated from the candidate, otherwise, it is free.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
2pence:
(14) Q. How can a candidate get errors on his/her certificates corrected ?

A. A Private candidate sends his/her request for an amendment to WAEC directly, while in the case of a school candidate it is the principal who makes the request.
In the two instances, the original copy of the certificate should be sent along with the application for amendment. WAEC charges a fee for the amendment where it is discovered that the error emanated from the candidate, otherwise, it is free.
thanks for contributing. but how will they know from which side the error occurred? will it take up to a year?

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by orlaryhincah(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Excelboi:
Bro please i misplaced my certificate due to unforeseen circumstance and i want to get another but i was told i can't but only get a statement backing it up, my question is that what and what would i need to get this statement? please let me know bro, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by cyberuzo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
The thing affected aspiring corpers like us. Our date of birth was incorrect, so we were advise to buy WAEC verification pin from first bank. Cost 300 naira.

A unique concept....Earn money where pupils learn cheesy

For more info, visit www.studypays.com, our facebook page www.facebook.com/studypays, or twitter - www.twitter.com/studypays
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
[quote author=3DCYCLOPS post=29309531]When you were giving your principal the wrong date[quote]
hmm
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 11:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
3DCYCLOPS:
When you were giving your principal the wrong date.
hmm
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by McHenry99: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Ray360:

hmm
Has Waec corrected it for you?...I need a reply as soon as possible pls.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
McHenry99:

Has Waec corrected it for you?...I need a reply as soon as possible pls.
yes

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by ilo04(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ray360:
yes
pls Ray, how did u do it?
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by eniboi(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ray360:

yes
a bro pls can you explain the procedure you take and how long does it take b4 the mistake was corrected.

1 Like

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
eniboi:
a bro pls can you explain the procedure you take and how long does it take b4 the mistake was corrected.
I submitted my original birth certificate, the to-be-corrected certificate and paid 10k. I was told it would take a year, but I went on the 8th month and was given the corrected certificate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Ray360: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
ilo04:
pls Ray, how did u do it?
I have answered above.
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by McHenry99: 8:27am On Oct 20, 2015
Ray360:

yes
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 03, 2015
Please,can i have ur number@Ray36
Re: Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec Certificate. Help!!! by teamea: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2015
@awoladek... pls is there a specific format for the letter to be addressed to WAEC from one's sec sch?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SS2 Student Expelled For Sleeping With Classmate's Dad And Teacher's Husband / Uniben Student Gunned Down After Signing Out / Monica Osagie, Lady In The OAU Sex For Mark Scandal (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.