Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue (25846 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Ndigbo Will Not Tolerate Further Marginalization In Nigeria – MASSOB / Yoruba Cannot Fold Hands And Endure Marginalization In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by VirginFinder: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

The agitation for Igbo representation in Lagos Government didn't begin today. It is something that has been with us since day one of Nigeria's creation. Awolowo introduced election annulment into Nigeria by blocking all the Igbo winners for Lagos seats (which were overwhelmingly high). That's where the bad blood between him and Azikiwe began. Awolowo couldn't stand that his 'yoruba' party was beaten by Zik's 'Igbo party'. So nobody is going to thank him for steali

You are a dullard!

Zik never owned NCNC. Herbert Macaulay did!!

That waswhy Yorubas stuck with NCNC until Awo enlightened them.

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SilvanusII(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't understand these Ndigbo in Lagos. I'm sorry, but the tribe is characterized by greed. Its a case of being given an inch and wanting a mile. The annoying thing is they are worse in their home states, giving preferences to theirs above any. The Igbos are always quick to claim their businesses develop Lagos, that MAY be true, but who is to say that if they are not in Lagos, Lagos won't move forward No tribe is indispensable. If you leave Lagos, someone else will build Lagos. After all, its not only in Lagos the white people landed in.

You may call Nigeria one country, but lets not decieve ourselves. Each state belong to its indigenes. Lagos belongs to LAGOSIANS.You cannot have seats in the House of Assembly. You can't be local government Councillors. You can only vote, you can't be elected into offices. Curb your greed biko.

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Descartes: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
rudedough:
I still don't understand why Ndi-Igbo will want to delve into Yoruba politics. Why don't we agitate for better roads, fair taxation, expansion of our market and eradication of agbero from our major markets instead of asking for political positions?Are we this short sighted biko nu?

I am proudly Igbo and i disassociate myself and members of my family from this foolish demand.
That's secondary. smiley
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by bamidele029: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Why must they always go about begging for political positions If you want to be relevant politically then go and run for elections and if people elect you then fine. You claim to have money and numbers yet all you do is go around begging for political positions Yet when your people join the party you call the traitors, his do you then want to advance politically angry

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by sam90s(m): 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm going to say this again, you don't thank someone for not stealing your home. Rivers State's entire generation will go to hell for it fine, but there's no reward for not stealing someone's home. Do you thank people on the street for not robbing you?

Absolutely not! But it won't also kill you to acknowledge that gracious act will it? especially when you compare it to the reality on ground.
If I may add, someone like you will be quick to commend a smooth service you PAID for in a well organised establishment, especially when you realised it could easily be worse elsewhere, WHY? That my friend is plain bigotry!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
For the record

Lagos's original indigines were water dwelling peoples know are the Awori
It was first administered and ruled by the Bini Empire, the word Eko is from their language for war camp. In Yoruba it mean 'Learn' which makes no sense.
It was taken from them by the Oyo Empire
then it was taken from them by the Portugese
then taken from them by the british
then populated with returning slaves from Brazil and Sierra Leone
then after the Kirijiri Wars came a flood of Yorubas
then Igbos and Hausas
then it was merged into the Nigeria as the Lagos Protectorate which was a combination of the Western Colony, Eastern Colony, Northern Colony
then it became Nigeria's independent capital
then it's commercial capital

Lagos is as Yoruba as it is Bini, Awori, Portugese, and British.

This is why it's said to be a no man's land. The center of SW nigeria or western colony was Ibadan not Lagos. Yorubas were even bared at a time from entering Lagos because the British didn't want them to bring their conflicts from the Kirijiri Wars. While at one point of it's history lagos was a part of the Oyo empire, so where parts to Togo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Descartes: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
SilvanusII:
I don't understand these Ndigbo in Lagos. I'm sorry, but the tribe is characterized by greed. Its a case of being given an inch and wanting a mile. The annoying thing is they are worse in their home states, giving preferences to theirs above any. The Igbos are always quick to claim their businesses develop Lagos, that MAY be true, but who is to say that if they are not in Lagos, Lagos won't move forward No tribe is indispensable. If you leave Lagos, someone else will build Lagos. After all, its not only in Lagos the white people landed in.

You cannot have seats in the House of Assembly. You can't be local government Councillors. You can only vote, you can't be elected into offices. Curb your greed biko

Says who? undecided

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
ademoladeji:
Who dey chop the money wey Igbos dey get from Lagos? Mtsheeew
can you ask government that question? Money is been made n tax is paid which bring growth to the economy of the state, some streets in are been tarred by some Igbo big boys eg Ifeanyi uba's street on the island was single handed tarred by him.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
sam90s:

Absolutely not! But it won't also kill you to acknowledge that gracious act will it? especially when you compare it to the reality on ground.
If I may add, someone like you will be quick to commend a smooth service you PAID for in a well organised establishment, especially when you realised it could easily be worse elsewhere, WHY? That my friend is plain bigotry!

I'm going to tell you again. There's nothing gracious about not stealing my home. If i run for my life and return to my home you can't tell me that you deserve thanks for not robbing me in my time of turmoil.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by listenersky: 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
I wonder what these ibos want, maybe they want to be oba of lagos?
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
Yorubas are trying to claim Lagos by all means when it's not their home. Someone for the forest of Ekiti will be in their thread telling Igbos to go home.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by eaglechild: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:
IGBOS ARE OUR BROTHERS AS WELL AS OUR GUEST BUT I THINK THEY ARE BITTING MORE THAN DEY CHEW...
If only you had been more attentive when it mattered most, you would have been able to express yourself better.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by shiffynaani(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
I don't even know why they were given all this posts

It's too much for the semi-illiterate MIDGETS!!!!!

VERILY,you will be striped off those posts if you continue to pokenose into our matter!

BUNCH OF USELESS FOOLZ

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:
Yorubas are trying to claim Lagos by all means when it's not their home. Someone for the forest of Ekiti will be in their thread telling Igbos to go home.
Americanah I dey see you

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SenatorM(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
I laugh in French
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SenatorM(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nigeria is not yet a country
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by abbey621(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
When it comes to Greed, Igbos will always dominate. They never settle for a piece of cake, they want the whole cake! Imagine claiming ownership to Lagos, bunch of jokers! Many of them still dream of a Biafran state, a dream that can never come true, they should be mad at their own leaders who promised them success but ended up compromising their future. Lagos will forever remain a Yoruba land, the only reasons these mofos are able to talk is because many Lagosians are mobile, they spread their wings to other parts of the world, leaving our homeland very vulnerable, if all true Lagosians should return, these mofos will be driven back to their yam lands!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
listenersky:
I wonder what these ibos want, maybe they want to be oba of lagos?

Did you know the Oba of Lagos is a Bini title? He adheres to the Oba of Bini before anyone else and though independent, still wears his traditional Bini regalia.

Oba of Lagos
[img]http://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/assets/Barbara-Blackmun/_resampled/SetRatioSize10001000-BWB001.jpg[/img]
Oba of Bini

Yoruba Monarchs

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CIEzeYfP_84/TQkoQF5WI3I/AAAAAAAAABM/o_hNkzOtuwg/s1600/oduduwa%252C2.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SilvanusII(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Descartes:

Says who? undecided

*snorts* Don't make me laugh. I don't see your ELECTED representatives occupying seats any where or am I missing something
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Descartes: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
SilvanusII:

*snorts* Don't make me laugh. I don't see your ELECTED representatives occupying seats any where or am I missing something
Only time will tell cool
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by sam90s(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

I'm going to tell you again. There's nothing gracious about not stealing my home. If i run for my life and return to my home you can't tell me that you deserve thanks for not robbing me in my time of turmoil.

Sure you will always tell me again, perhaps due to the inability to think of something new, you're welcome to tell me again till kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by SenatorM(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
But Truly, Yorubas are the most hospitable tribe in Nigeria.
Despite some are so tribalistic in nature but majority of them especially Lagos are very very hospitable

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Remarkable: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
sCun:
These people should always try to specifically address the attention seeking individuals or tiny groups involved in this whenever such an issue comes up.
Stop lumping all Igbos into this nonsense.
99.99999999999999% of Igbos do not give a damn about their agitations.

Word!

These are politicians that just want to fill their personal pockets, not really caring about the general population of Igbos in Lagos... or the govt./Igbo relationship....

If you ask me, they should go and sit down.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by listenersky: 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

Did you know the Oba of Lagos is a Bini title? He adheres to the Oba of Bini before anyone else and though independent, still wears his traditional Bini regalia.

Oba of Lagos
[img]http://africa.uima.uiowa.edu/assets/Barbara-Blackmun/_resampled/SetRatioSize10001000-BWB001.jpg[/img]
Oba of Bini

Yoruba Monarchs

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CIEzeYfP_84/TQkoQF5WI3I/AAAAAAAAABM/o_hNkzOtuwg/s1600/oduduwa%252C2.jpg[/img]

Benin has yoruba roots,we are talking about ibos here

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by shiffynaani(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
VirginFinder:

You are a dullard!

Zik never owned NCNC. Herbert Macaulay did!!

That was Yorubas stuck with NCNC until Awo enlightened them.
chronic DULLARD you are!!! Who voted the so-called NCNC party Was it not the Yorubas?? And besides,NCNC was created by Herbert Macauley which was bequeathed to him in his dying bed. Flattiess spreading half-baked information since 1900s....

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by davidonyemayma: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/alleged-marginalisation-seek-dialogue-and-understanding-lagos-apc-tells-ndigbo/
Joe Igbokwe or Goat Igbokwe, may God punish you. I wish I am a suicide bomber, I would have visited you with atomic bomb. You don't want your master at Bourdilon to sack you. Slave.
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by 500GP: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

SOMEONE FROM EKITI STILL HAS MORE STAKE IN THAN IBOE FROM SOUTH EASTERN REGION WHO HAVE TO CROSS BRIDGES.

YOUR MASSOB DIDN'T EVEN LIST LAGOS AS PART OF THE STATES THEY WILL MERGE WITH BIAFRA.

#YORUBA REALLY NEED TO ACT LIKE THE HAUSA. TO KILL AND DESTROY THE IBOE. IBOE CAN NEVER TRY THIS IN NORTH.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Deney90: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
sCun:
These people should always try to specifically address the attention seeking individuals or tiny groups involved in this whenever such an issue comes up.
Stop lumping all Igbos into this nonsense.
99.99999999999999% of Igbos do not give a damn about their agitations.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Ikengawo: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
listenersky:
Benin has yoruba roots,we are talking about ibos here
Benin doesn't have yoruba roots.
a yoruba monarch went to Bini to rule the bini people and became the Oba of Bini but that doesn't mean the people there are Yoruba and they don't claim to be either. The Igbo Jaja of Opobo ruled the Ijaw island of Opobo, but that doesn't make the Ijaws on that Island 'originate' from Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Calculia:
APC and Igbokwe are not getting out of this one that easy. The request of Ndiigbo are lawful and a fundamental aspect of human rights.

In the Nigeria constitution, it falls under "freedom to association,Freedom of Belief and Religion, Freedom of Opinion and Information, Right of Peaceful Assembly and Association and Right to Participate in Government and in Free Elections.

Igbos have not been given their fair share in the day to day running of their Lagos State. Lagos is a City State created for all Nigerians and sustained by all Nigerians. Y is the government dominanted by a single ethnic group and not reflective of the multi-ethnic character of the state?

This is the problem that was raised by the NCSN and must be address in the next dispensation of Government in Lagos. Lagos is a state and not a region, it is multi-ethnic and not homogeneous or solely yoruba and this multi-ethnic character must be reflected in the governance of the city state, for the sake of equity and all inclusive government.

*Yawns*
Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by ogaofficer(m): 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Another season of E-tribal war. Ndigbo una don hear wetin your oga tok now see all the post wey dem give you, how many have you given to the hausas in your state because you all are the one shouting 1 9ja though am not against it, bt can you do the same to the hausa counterparts in your state, the reason why i said hausa and not yoruba is that if you claim to seek one 9ja dnt repay the yoruba first, because if you give those position to yoruba then thatz equation balance, bt do it to another tribe who had once betrayed you, and if that should happen we can simply say that you have honest and good motive to achieving one nigeria and not the other way round. Peace.. . . . . . Graciaz

1 Like

Re: Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue by HugeMac: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
olatunji21:
IGBOS ARE OUR BROTHERS AS WELL AS OUR GUEST BUT I THINK THEY ARE BITTING MORE THAN DEY CHEW...
am an Igbo guy and I think you are right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Osun Rerun: PDP Rejects Results, Says It’s Black Day For Nigeria / Premium Times Suspends Samuel Ogundipe Over Aisha Buhari/Jefferson Report-Signal / Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed Spent N1.1 Billion On Choice Properties In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.