Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (5714 Views)

Lets Divide Nigeria Into Two / PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by DRANOEL(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2008
not to attach any sentiments but it is clear from recent events that nigeria aint a nation,atleast theres is now this fast growing irritation amongst the people of the south and the central states against the hausa/fulani muslim north.

how long are we going to loose lives because someone's culture is not like mine or because some ones religion is not the same as mine, i hate to say but it seems gideon orkar and co were right.

i recommened we all stand up and start by writing letters to the mugus in abuja for a peaceful seperation of nigeria within the following lines

1. yoruba states (including edo southern kwara and southern kogi)

2.eastern states including the niger-delta

3.central states ( benue,kogi,nassarawa,southern taraba,plateau)

4. northern states ( including northern kwara and niger)

the truth is we will always be suspicious of each other as we all see our selves differently. but we can atleast live we a bit of sanity within this lines. it is not by force we maintain a fake british marriage
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by grafikdon: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2008
Good Morning and welcome to 1966. . . grin grin grin

Don't let the "One Nigeria by hook and crook" squad see this thread. . . grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by DRANOEL(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2008
i'm sure they were some who lost their lives in jos that believed in one nigeria till the day finally came.

nigeria aint one,we just pretend to be one
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by deor03(m): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ poster

You have a point
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by auwal87(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2008
grin grin grin Its working!
Lets divide
I'm from AREWA Republic not Nigeria
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2008
@poster

You are one hell of a selfish hypocritical slowpoke; a typical example of a nigerian. You are now calling for division of your precious "one nigeria" because you realized it not working for you anymore.
Am so looking forward to a prosperous, friendly nigeria or a peaceful division of the damn corrupt "one nigeria"; but i will do anything possible to make sure the central states like benue remains with the arewa for their hypocrisy, betrayal and stupidity.

Dranoel and his likes from the central states must have a chat with the result of their hypocrisy and stupidity.

eastern states including the niger-delta
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ poster, if you ever add, edo, to yoruba states again thunder go fire you.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Epiphany(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2008
Nope! Not possible. I think it would be better to try and make what we have now WORK OUT FOR GOOD.
If you start splitting and dividing states, it will not stop where you think it should stop. Take the easter states and the niger delta you have mentioned. Who says that the Ibos will want to stay with the Itshekiri's, the Urhobos and the Ijaws? These people will also want their own states or 'countries', if you wish. If you include Edo state in this Eastern divide, they will also want their own state. If you send them along with the Yoruba's, they will still want their own state/country.
Same goes for those in the central area you mentioned. The Igala's, Idoma's etc will all want to go it alone also.

One thing i know for sure is that even though the country is in dissaray and shambles, it is our collective diversity that makes us strong. In all the research and studies i have done so far, diversity in the workplace or in the organization is SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT ORGANIZATION STRONGER. Bringing people from different beliefs, cultures etc together is supposed to strengthen and not weaken. That is what we are supposed to be doing in our situation and that is what countries like America, Canada and the UK are doing right now. They are using the diverse gifts and talents of different people from all over the world to better their countries, while we are using ours negatively.

So sad and shameful
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by scottN(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2008
@Poster
Don't u ever add the Niger Delta states to eastern states again or else, If u 1 2 split start from ur family u, then ur LGA, then ur state. If u can succeed then u can recommend what u just posted.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by ScanLess: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2008
[B]ONU KWURU NJO GA - EKWU MMA ![/B]
THE MOUTH THAT SPOKE EVIL (AGAISNT US) SHALL YET SPEAK GOOD, THE TRUTH.

SO THE MIDDLE BELT HAS SUDDENLY WOKEN UP FROM THEIR POLITICAL ZOMBIE STUPOR, TO REALISE THAT THE 'ONE NORTH' AND 'ONE NIGERIA' REFRAIN WAS JUST A DEADLY FRAUD. THANKS. NOW BIAFRA IS VINDICATED.
BIAFRA SHALL RISE AGAIN !!!

Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
No it Won't. Nigeria will not break apart.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Muza(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

No it Won't. Nigeria will not break apart.

ok Nastrudamus grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by ScanLess: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2008

SO THE MIDDLE BELT HAS SUDDENLY WOKEN UP FROM THEIR POLITICAL ZOMBIE STUPOR, TO REALISE THAT THE 'ONE NORTH' AND 'ONE NIGERIA' REFRAIN  WAS JUST A DEADLY FRAUD.  tongue THANKS. NOW BIAFRA IS VINDICATED.

Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Muza(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2008
ScanLess:

SO THE MIDDLE BELT HAS SUDDENLY WOKEN UP FROM THEIR POLITICAL ZOMBIE STUPOR, TO REALISE THAT THE 'ONE NORTH' AND 'ONE NIGERIA' REFRAIN  WAS JUST A DEADLY FRAUD.  tongue THANKS. NOW BIAFRA IS VINDICATED.

Not even in ur wildest drmz! grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by ScanLess: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
Muza:

ok Nastrudamus grin

and then

Muza:

Not even in ur wildest drmz! grin

The tragedy of gBURUKUTU, maybe you drank some soured dose today, ewuawusa
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Moves: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
It is too late in the day to break up nigeria; the problem we have is not of the different units but that of selfishness and bad leadership. In OBj house we have a one nigeria family; same goes for Atiku; same in my family. We have been intermarried with each other, the issues that seek to divide us affects us all-- Poverty, Bad Leadership and dividing the country is actually more headache than cure as u can see from the above comments
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2008
Dranoel, now u see the light . . . now that ur people have become direct victims. Welcome to the club. grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2008
Sometimes I wish Nigeria is divided so that we have tribal countries like Europe, and then later we form Nigerian Union [NU] based on consensus and referedum, mutual understanding and benefit. There is no point in sticking to the same old system that seems not to work. It is just in d mind set of every human being, no matter how much u try to do justice, ur blood is always ur blood. I have for along time hated the idea of staying with people that hate me. People that never see anygood thing in other people, just because they are of different language, not even race. I wish time shall come when this damn country breaks into peaces.

But it wont. So we better stop dreaming
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by mustafar1: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2008
Do we then further break up the pieces along ethnic and religious lines into fine little pieces. egba, ife, modakeke, lagos, awori, efik, ogoni, esan, urhobo, ijaw, etc etc. . then afterwards we break again along religious lines. then along denominational lines, wat other lines are possible.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2008
df2006:

@ poster, if you ever add, edo, to yoruba states again thunder go fire you.

I was going 2 express exactly the same thing!!
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
We are not going to break according to dilects, but according to ethnic lines. Ife and Modakeke are the same people: Yoruba I believe. Yoruba will have their own country. The Igbo have their own. the Ogoni should have their own. The Ijaws should have their own. Hausa should have their own. Middle belt wont exist as a country. It will split into tiny countries like those in the South East Asia such as Bhutan, Burnoe, and so on.

Then when u come to the north, we split into much tinier nations. Gombe for example we will have a nation for the Tangale and the Bolewa in nothern part will merge with those in Yobe state. The Hausas in Gombe should be marge with those in Bauchi. There is nothing wrong in re-drawing the map of Nigeria at all. God did not want us to be together that is y he let us to have different language. Why forced us into bondage again.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2008
But for those in Biafra to think that it is we that is draggin them back are mistaken. They are just confused. When u have a common enemy and u can not unite against him, how will u unite urself and develop when u have a seperate nation. Ones the cord they tear Nigeria apart, those in the eastern states will long forget about what is called humanit and plunged back to their animistic ideologies. Continue killing and eating each other
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by sage(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
@tharma if i might ask what part of the country are you from?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2008
Im of mixed nationalities but if u have read my post very well, u should have understood what part of Nigeria I prefer to be identified.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by asha80(m): 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2008
@tharma

if the people from 'biafra' are animistic then what about north(hausa/fulani)? You are just talking rubbish.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by mustafar1: 12:04am On Dec 13, 2008
if
Gombe for example we will have a nation for the Tangale and the Bolewa in nothern part will merge with those in Yobe state. The Hausas in Gombe should be marge with those in Bauchi. There is nothing wrong in re-drawing the map of Nigeria at all. God did not want us to be together that is y he let us to have different language. Why forced us into bondage again
why would the people of ife and modakeke not have separate countries? what is worth doing is worth doing well to please everyone. equal opportunity for all. you already hear benin people stating they are not yoruba, which is true and they sure are not ibo either. so if u put them in the same boat as either yoruba or biafra, WE WOULD MOST LIKELY END UP HEARING THEM CALL FOR A BENIN NATION.

LETs DISSECT THE COUNTRY INTO LITTLE NICELY CUT PART. no one should be left behind
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by bawomolo(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2008
Nigeria breaking apart would spark a series of wars and ethnic conflicts ala Yugoslavia.  this is a messy process I would rather see avoided.

Ife and Modakeke are the same people:

i hope you are saying this just to be sensational.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by H2O2: 9:02am On Dec 13, 2008
Break up Nigeria because some ignorant Nigerians hate our Hausa counterparts from the North?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by udezue(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2008
Regardless of the shameful role the middlebelt ppl played back then. Brothers and sisters No condition is permanent. People do change so if the Middlebelt is saying just like we have been saying that enough is enough I think it will be reasonable for us to calm ourselves down and be realistic about it. The more the rest of the country are waking up the better all of us. The Middlebelt, Biafra, Odua, Benin, Nigerdelta republics will benefit well from if they work together. Currently they are not the ones causing any chaos so let's not group em together with hausa fulani ppl. We are all victims of Fulani madness. Igbos and Easterners were the 1st, now Yorubas, NORTHERN minorities and middlebelt ppl are now seeing it. People can be forgiven as long as they are showing remorse or changing their views about such issues, such as the right to self determination and fight against the Islamization of the rest of the country.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by earTHMama: 9:42pm On Dec 13, 2008
I still marvel at those that chant one Nigeria after seeing the level of animosity between the North and the south. Why the pretense? A Northerner will kill a southerner before a Ghananian and vice versa. Why remain one especially when the benefits are unidirectional?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by namun(f): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2008
@poster, this is what we need. we need a seperation. and as early  as possible. this forced marriage called nigeria is not working out. it is a forced marriage between people of different believes, ways of life and culture and it has taken us no where. even if we dont divide, let us come together and sit and discuss and make decisions on making nigeria a loose confederation
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by namun(f): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2008
please, let us push for a division. nigeria is not working
simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba / Where Can I Donate Money To Buhari's Presidential Campaign / President Jonathan Booed For Asking Bayelsans To Work With Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.