Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) (26428 Views)

PDP To INEC: Declare Wada As Winner Of Kogi Election / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Akbee(m): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
A former head of state and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 general elections, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has explained why he did not submit his certificates and credentials to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying that the documents are with the military.

This came to light yesterday during a visit by journalists to the headquarters of INEC in Abuja where it was revealed that Buhari’s academic qualifications were not on display, unlike those of other presidential candidates including that of his main rival, President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Explaining the development in an affidavit he deposed to before an Abuja High Court, Buhari said that all his certificates were with the Secretary, Military Board. The affidavit was dated November 24, 2014 and was stamped and received by INEC on December 18, 2014.

Buhari had said in the affidavit, “I am the above-named person and deponent to this affidavit therein. All my academic qualifications documents as filled in my presidential form, President APC/001/2015, are currently with the Secretary, Military Board, as of the time of presenting this affidavit. The affidavit is made in good faith and for record purpose. The affidavit is made in good faith and for record purposes.

Source: www.leadership.ng/news/398545/not-submit-certificates-inec-buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hahaha Registered 30 Dec 2014......made Frontpage on 30 Dec 2014.....FTC on 30 Dec 2014......I think this is a sign that 2015 will be a Year of Recognition for good to me and whoever believes with me. If You believe Hit Like.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Ezedon(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
He used it as collateral to borrow money for his election, Disqualify him now if he cant provide it

35 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by jose556(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
the military my foot. He is an influential man. If the documents were with the military like he said they are, all he need do is pull his strings and the next thing you know, there are his documents. But...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by elantraceey(f): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Is it in detention?

I smell lies .

20 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by blemon44(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
buhari knows that he is a failure and a
terrorist

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by jamace(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
Note that Buhari was head of that military board in those days. Therefore, with a phone call to military board, Buhari can get the certificates.
So, why is buhari afraid of presenting his certificates?

102 Likes 18 Shares

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Akbee(m): 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
isn't this the greatest lie ever told by our politicians? he has alredy shown us how unserious he wud be if given the mantle of leadership...we don't need a leader who doesn't know wot to do n wen to get it done..
i just hope that he hasn't misplaced them..he wud equally misplace our official documents too.
Mr Buhari shud go learn a trade(cattle rearing)or he cud become a writer like BAba our latest Shakespeare.
Aso Rock Villa isnt his destination.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Marvyx(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
What about the other times he contested?
What is wrong with INEC?
Rubbish efforts just to make sure he doesn't contest. GEJ is not going to have an easy win.
Shikena!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Krisddon: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Only fools would believe this. I wonder how Buhari thinks every other Nigerian thinks like an average Northerner.
For God's sake! You submit copies of your credentials to your employer not the originals. How can Buhari wake from Daura after drinking soured Nunu and tell us this un-intelligent lies and hopes we believe?
Yesterday: I will probe past corrupt leaders.... Buhari
Today: I will not probe past corrupt leaders
Just saw in the Nation Newspaper this morning: I will not probe Jonathan.... Buhari. What's giving him the confidence that he will win even when an average APCian knows they're are bunch of loser, that's why they put up threats here and there. If they don't win hell will fall... If PDP rigs Nigeria will know no peace just because of the interest of few.
I pity those who see this man as Saint. Just check out what Sule Lamido said about him playing religious card today.
The truth of the matter is that, it's the poor man in the north that wants this dude as their president cuz they see him as 'corrupt free' utter misconception!
Well, Buhari can only win when Osibanjo grows taller than Aki & Paw-paw.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by wunmi590(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Owk
Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Odisco2(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
ok
Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by WIZGUY69(m): 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
this is the 4th time buhari will be contesting for presidential sit.
but it's now that it's obvious that he's gonna win the tandroids are making noise.
fear Don dey catch dem grin
BTW.
after 1 year ban am back
shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Nigeria and Mediocrity.

Are his certificates in detention?

#MayTheBestManWin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
It is not by certificate. The ones with PhD do not even have the balls to defend it and even a self-confident complete illiterate can do better than them.

certificate or no certificate,
SAI Buhari 2015.

7 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ok nah
Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
una see my babe?
Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by chymystique(f): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Yungwizzzy:
All the posters above me are so foolish

they talk as if buhari have not contested for the same position before and submitted certs

weda u like it or not
#GMB 2015!!!

@ the bolded, you better wake up from that dream

22 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by fitzmayowa: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Will GMB producing his certificate make people vote for him or reject him What effect does producing a certificate have on the coming elections

Even though I don't buy the excuse he gave, we shouldn make trival things like this a "big news"

1 Like

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by Tombilly(m): 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
beginning of failure I think

10 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by SirHouloo(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
SMH for INEC, so he hasn't submitted his credentials since all these years of failure?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by nairaman66(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Atleast it didn't got burnt like the vice dumbo said about his own certificates! However, Mr Buhari you need to clear the air and submit in other to show thyself worthy.

3 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by kilokeys(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
lol.. im no go school?

lawa o.. see ds man lying with open teeth.

i would still vote for him sha.

we need a change.. better or worse.

yarudua was a lecturer
jona na Dr.
Obj was a farmer..

lets try an illiterate too na. who knows?

with the help of his brainy vice. i see hope

11 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by rayopt(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
More flimsy fuse. . .
We sha want change . . .no stories

1 Like

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by mkoabiola: 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Story for d gods

3 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by bunmioguns(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
With all the Academic Qualification submitted by Uncle Jonah
What changes has that brought to Nigeria

They are just trying every possible means not to allow this man get there
All their plan will surely fail
the masses have spoken
Sai Buhari and no other person

4 Likes

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by yungcyrus(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lie of the century

the Abowki only attend Nomad skul half way....

Na only Naija wey Nomad go come contest 4 president.....try dat 1 for USA dem go laf u lyk ''OGA @ DA TOP''

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) by maestroferddi: 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
Did Buhari just wake up from a deep sleep?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Seven Nigerians Herdsmen Die In Clash With Farmers In Ghana / You Looked Very Sick We Wish You Quick Recovery- PDP Responds To Buhari's Speech / I'll Go House To House To Chase People Out For February 5th Protest' - Man Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.