Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari (6574 Views)

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project-buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by egift(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
"And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

Sai Buhari 2015.

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
atlwireles:
Project was sited in the wrong city, if it were Kano or Kaduna, Buhari like always will guarantee the loans at the speed of light.

Buhari is a tribalist, since he is not from the south west he did not want the South west to have a rail line
forget all this loan excuse, all na wash,
obiagelli should find another lie , this one wont fly.
'
Thank god GEJ has given them back their trains, even PH , enugu , kaduna, maidugri and Abuja are all back on track

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by ochejoseph(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
ochejoseph i see you. Can you reply my earlier post you ran away from. Please reply here.

My dear it's already on FP the Akinjides handled all the legal aspects of the project!

Buhari is simply too daft to lead a country like Nigeria Ethnocentrism as Bola Tinubu puts it is his worse problem!!!

13 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
ochejoseph:
Only a semi literate person will cancel a project he knows nothing about!

A Projects costs 450 million dollars!

50 million Dollars have been paid already to the contractors leaving a Balance of 400 million Dollars

Yet this man went ahead to waste 550 million dollars as penalty and fines to terminate the project instead of paying 400 million USD to complete it

It's pure wickedness, Becos Lagosians and Nigerians are still suffering from that decision!

It's simply unexplainable!

When will you ever give evidence, link, source, proof of the $ 550 million you keep posting everywhere?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
ochejoseph:

My dear it's already on FP the Akinjides handled all the legal aspects of the project!

Buhari is simply too daft to lead a country like Nigeria Ethnocentrism as Bola Tinubu puts it is his worse problem!!!

to me buhari is an economic illiterate, many countries took loans to build their rail systems, and today they are enjoying it and have progressed far, later people like egift and the op will have mouth to comment on threads talking about train, their master could not do it, GEJ has done it, so they should hide in shame.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ayed44:
this excuse is too shallow.
The head of state set up two committees to ascertain the level of indebtedness, but did he wait for the outcome of the committees before canceling the deal?
What was the outcome of the committees?
Instead of all these excuses, I think Buhari should be man enough and apologize to lagosians. Afterall no one is above mistake.
In your mind, he should have guaranteed the loan before the outcome of the reports?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by naijareferee: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
op....i think you are one of the most intelligent and polished woman among the apc women

but some questions here
how much did he pay as penalty
do u repair the economy by refusing to take loans....dubai was built on foreign loan
do u repair the economy by maintaining a fictitious exchange rate that drains our foreign reserve
good he wanted to catch those with statched naira...but do u have to redesign to do that
and waht exchange did he leave the naira against the dollar when he left....since he was maintening the economy
wont the rail have reduced pressure on the road...hence less maintenance
wont the rail have decongested the road hence time saved
will gej have started our rail from where brits stopped...if buhari hadnt cancelled the project

whether na 500m or 1m....
i know he cancelled something and he payed something for cancellation

pls we are waiting

13 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by orimsamsam(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
The earliar buhari stop replying his critics the beta. Why is it that pdp has choosen propanganda as a best way to campaign.
To cut the long story short. Gmb is our next president
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
nerodenero:
...and voting your party seems the right thing to do to help others decide as well too! Spare me joo.
Have i asked you to vote any party?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by londoner: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
Even if he feels he cancelled it for the right reason then, with hindsight, he should admit that maybe it was a mistake to have cancelled it.

I'm sure to complete it at that time would have been less than it is now to build from scratch, no?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by omenka(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Firefire:

The truth is: Buhari can never rule Nigeria again... Allah Forbid that to happen.

Totally outside the point. You created a thread spreading lies that just got busted by Obiagelli and you have nothing further to say than the crap you just posted up there.

99% of the things you guys accuse the General of are all cooked up lies from the those who are so scared of having an honest man like him assume leadership of the country.

You guys say he's on a mission to "islamise" the country and all evidence you've been able to assemble is some crappy newspaper page. Yet the chairman of the party you so promote who's in bed with the president, pushed for and "sharianised" the state over which he presided. When that thread was created even you had absolutely nothing to say!!

Such a pity.

Thanks again Obi. God bless you a thousand fold for your commitment to the course of the salvation of this country from the shackles of the killer party.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=naijareferee post=29338803]op....i think you are one of the most intelligent and polished woman among the apc women

but some questions here

I AM YET TO SEE ANY PROOF OF PENALTY
do u repair the economy by refusing to take loans....dubai was built on foreign loan

YOU REVIEW YOUR CURRENT STATUS BEFORE GOING ABOUT TAKING LOANS.

do u repair the economy by maintaining a fictitious exchange rate that drains our foreign reserve

I DON'T HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF FOREIGN RESERVE DRAINS UNDER BUHARI

good he wanted to catch those with statched naira...but do u have to redesign to do that

DO YOU HAVE A BETTER OPTION? I THINK IT WORKED PERFECTLY.

and waht exchange did he leave the naira against the dollar when he left....since he was maintening the economy

0.9 OFFICIAL 1.7 PARALLEL ( citation needed)

will gej have started our rail from where bits stopped...if buhari hadnt cancelled the project.

TINUBU/FASHOLA RESTARTED THE LAGOS METROLINE. GEJ AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS FRUASTRATING IT TODAY.

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by oshyno(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Cancelled it bcuz it was inflated u said. Ok what about the fine of $500m for terminating d contract. Ur explanation is 4 semi illitrates. Vague

7 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijareferee:
op....i think you are one of the most intelligent and polished woman among the apc women

but some questions here
will gej have started our rail from where brits stopped...if buhari hadnt cancelled the project

whether na 500m or 1m....
i know he cancelled something and he payed something for cancellation

pls we are waiting

unfortunately you will wait till 2020, cause the APC e zombies i know cannot handle such technical questions, get ready to be called a tanoid, even when you dont know what TAN looks like

5 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by egift(m): 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:
to me buhari is an economic illiterate, many countries took loans to build their rail systems, and today they are enjoying it and have progressed far, later people like egift and the op will have mouth to comment on threads talking about train, their master could not do it, GEJ has done it, so they should hide in shame.

Buhari is not the enemy here. Trying to blackmail Nigerians to perpetuate Jonathan Corrupt administration will not get you anywhere.

When President Yar'Adua came to power, he reversed some of the illegal deals that were done at the twilight of OBJ's tenure. When Buhari is elected in 2015, Nigerians will demand that he review all the Federal Government assets Jonathan has auctioned to his proxies and fronts. Those that are legitimate will be retained and those found fraudulent will be recovered and prosecuted.

And if your plan is that Jonathan should be re-elected so that he can keep all he stole, then you will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by naijareferee: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote
author=rozayx5 post=29339092]

unfortunately you will wait till 2020, cause the APC e zombies i know
cannot handle such technical questions, get ready to be called a tanoid,
even when you dont know what TAN looks like[/quote]

i politics is fair hearing

i once opened a thread on what gej has done for igbos that warrants us voting him

i can only be converted with facts...if it boils down to name calling...i will quiet out
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

Buhari is not the enemy here. Trying to blackmail Nigerians to perpetuate Jonathan Corrupt administration will not get you anywhere.

When President Yar'Adua came to power, he reversed some of the illegal deals that were done at the twilight of OBJ's tenure. When Buhari is elected in 2015, Nigerians will demand that he review all the Federal Government assets Jonathan has auctioned to his proxies and fronts. Those that are legitimate will be retained and those found fraudulent will be recovered and prosecuted.

And if your plan is that Jonathan should be re-elected so that he can keep all he stole, then you will be disappointed.

can you link one corruption case to Jonathan's purse am waiting undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Ngwakwe: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
The federal government at the time couldn't guarantee any more loans at the time because the previous government had borrowed beyond reasoning to maintain the economy and their lifestyles as a result of falling oil prices.

All those telling lies of $ 500 million should bury their heads in shame.

If President Jonathan denied Lagos State the recent loan guarantee by giving this same excuse to Gov Fashola. Will you accept it let alone justify it?

13 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by rozayx5(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

If President Jonathan denied Lagos State the recent loan guarantee by giving this same excuse to Gov Fashola. Will you accept it let alone justify it?

classic question

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Collynzo22: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
Very very very shallow explanation.
He said he wanted to focus on developing the economy, so that metroline project wasn't part of development?
Besides he didn't tell us what the committee he set up found out and how much Nigeria had to pay as fines when the project was cancelled.
Penny wise, pund foolish at it peak.
Anyway, we alll know that Buhari's decision to cancel that project wasn't economic, but ethnic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Akon419(m): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ayed44:
this excuse is too shallow.
The head of state set up two committees to ascertain the level of indebtedness, but did he wait for the outcome of the committees before canceling the deal?
What was the outcome of the committees?
Instead of all these excuses, I think Buhari should be man enough and apologize to lagosians. Afterall no one is above mistake.
this is not a mistake. I expected you to say economic robbery
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Fashola accuses FG of frustrating red
rail line project

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/fashola-accuses-fg-frustrating-red-rail-line-project/

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by naijareferee: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=Obiagelli post=29339035][/quote]

obi my sister
hear yourself...come on
pls review what you just wrote

he didnt know the economic situation...yet he toppled a democratically elected govt
lets assume he didnt know...how long does it take to be briefed on the economic standing of a nation

ok...let me assume he was ignorant of the economic position
why did he act before getting briefed on legacy projects

have you been awarded a contract before...and later cancelled
you go to court and claim penalties for such
even naija firm go floor you...not to talk of foreign firm

as for depletion of foreign reserve
a text book economist like sanusi will continue using his countrys fex to defend his naira....this was what buhari did
or how do u measure up to a world power when u are a consuming nation....china example

as for fashola and tinubu...when they are ready to build rail line...we would know

buhari should ask how president xing catches criminals with large statch without wasting money on redesigning

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by egift(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:
can you link one corruption case to Jonathan's purse am waiting undecided

Just a few he can start with:
- Stolen subsidy money
- Squandered Foreign reserve
- Looted NNPC funds
- Pension Scam
- Immigration job scam.
- Over 15,000 killed under his watch.

As you would have noticed, all these crime and other may never hear about, Jonathan presided over it. Therefore it is difficult for Jonathan to prosecute himself.

Vote Buhari so that corruption can be prosecuted. When corrupt politicians are charged to court, they will start exposing one another and Nigeria will be cured in no time.

Vote for #Change.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by atlwireles: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The $600M loan guarantee for Lagos state was delayed by one year. We all know, how the entire ACN propaganda machine cried bloody murder. Just imagine what this same OP would be saying, if the government had declined the request.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by oiseworld: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=Obiagelli post=29336926]Buhari , while
speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the presentation of
his party manifesto, said when he got into power , the
relatively stable economy , which was handed over to
the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly
plundered and corruption was rife in every sector . He
added that the rail line project was meant to cost
N100m , which was a large sum of money then , and the
Federal Government was asked to guarantee the loan
meant for the project .
He said , “ Then, we didn’ t know how much debt was on
us as a nation and we felt that we should not add
another N 100m to it. I had to set up two committees to
a****s how much we owed and we promised not to take
more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the
economy . ”
Buhari argued that tagging him an enemy of Lagos State
because he cancelled that project was mischievous and
unfair , stating that the first one billion naira he spent
when he was heading Petroleum Trust Fund was on
Victoria Island and Ikoyi waterworks in Lagos. ( Abimbola
Adelakun , Thursday , 7 Apr 2011) .

community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A143303

www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=115036.0[/q

he canceled it because he didn't want the west to grow. it was out of pure jealousy! or has he forgotten he paid back the company that was to implement the project the full cost of the actual project as compensation.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by ASL33: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
drnoel:
Shagari's should come and defend his administration cos we see Buhari an Islamic bigot tagging him an incompetent thief.
incompetent thief yet he kept him under house arrest and put his VP in prison.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by PhockPhockMan: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

How come you pdp supporter never want to address the topic, whenever your lies are busted you guys turn around to make pathetic posts
Before spewing trash, I expect you to bring the link of Buhari government's earlier statement concerning the cancellation of the rail project.
As for me, this wins my Lie of the year award.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by drnoel: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
ASL33:
incompetent thief yet he kept him under house arrest and put his VP in prison.

Yes his VP was a renowned thief that's why he was put in prison and Shagari himself an incompetent thief that's why he was in house arrest.
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
Buhari , while
speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the presentation of
his party manifesto, said when he got into power , the
relatively stable economy , which was handed over to
the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly
plundered and corruption was rife in every sector . He
added that the rail line project was meant to cost
N100m , which was a large sum of money then , and the
Federal Government was asked to guarantee the loan
meant for the project .
He said , “ Then, we didn’ t know how much debt was on
us as a nation and we felt that we should not add
another N 100m to it. I had to set up two committees to
a****s how much we owed and we promised not to take
more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the
economy . ”
Buhari argued that tagging him an enemy of Lagos State
because he cancelled that project was mischievous and
unfair , stating that the first one billion naira he spent
when he was heading Petroleum Trust Fund was on
Victoria Island and Ikoyi waterworks in Lagos. ( Abimbola
Adelakun , Thursday , 7 Apr 2011) .

community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A143303

www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=115036.0

Very reasonable. I would have done the same.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=oiseworld post=29339728][/quote]

Gej does not want the west to grow too?

www.nairaland.com/2068430/hypocrisy-gej-frustrating-red-rail#29340375

Hypocrite
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Curlieweed: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Gej does not want the west to grow too?

www.nairaland.com/2068430/hypocrisy-gej-frustrating-red-rail#29340375

Hypocrite

It's not like the two are comparable. The slow approval rate for acquiring NRC land for the Red Line isn't the same as outrightly cancelling the metroline project even at the price of a hefty penalty.

Sidebar: if NRC bureaucracy is delaying the Red Line, who does Fash-ole blame for the non-completion of the Blue Line after all the global photo-ops.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Be Warned! / What Is "Dariqa Muslims": Political Understanding Of Muslim Divisions/groups / TBS Has 55,000 Sitting Capacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.