Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari (6572 Views)

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project-buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by gratiaeo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari should just be a man and apologize to Lagosians. The cancellation is unjustifiable.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dear General,
It is not only the reason you canceled it, that we want to hear.

We want to hear about the penalty for the breach of the contrast.

Did you pay any penalty?
How much was it?

cool. Buhari stopped the Lagos Metro Rail even when the military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him a clause in the contract agreement ($60 million metro rail project) that would put the state into debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally. His reply to Mudashiru was "I don't care". The fund for the execution of the project which would have given Lagosians an intra-city light train transport system was not coming from Buhari's Supreme Military Council, Buhari, cancelled this project of the state government, without genuine reason but maybe ethnicity (Yoruba Land). Till date no Nigerian city has metro rail. Buhari also stopped all the wonderful projects initiated by Dede Sam Mbakwe in Imo State. Can you call GMB (Buhari) a progressive?

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2014/dec/213.html

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by chemali: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
ochejoseph:
Only a semi literate person will cancel a project he knows nothing about!

A Projects costs 450 million dollars!

50 million Dollars have been paid already to the contractors leaving a Balance of 400 million Dollars

Yet this man went ahead to waste 550 million dollars as penalty and fines to terminate the project instead of paying 400 million USD to complete it

It's pure wickedness, Becos Lagosians and Nigerians are still suffering from that decision!

It's simply unexplainable!

Are Lagosians not suffering from the Yar'Adua/Jonathan's administration decision to cancel the OBJ railway project that dashed the Chinese $250million apart from penalties? How is it different from this?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by gratiaeo(m): 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ngwakwe:

If President Jonathan denied Lagos State the recent loan guarantee by giving this same excuse to Gov Fashola. Will you accept it let alone justify it?
Obiageli is in trouble...... How is she going answer this one?

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
The federal government at the time couldn't guarantee any more loans at the time because the previous government had borrowed beyond reasoning to maintain the economy and their lifestyles as a result of falling oil prices.

All those telling lies of $ 500 million should bury their heads in shame.
Obiagelli...the 'jonathanians slayer' gringrin...nice digging of fact! It's quite unfortunate som of dem ud avoid dis thread like a plaque, so as 2 remain perpetually ignorant..undecided
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by bruno419(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
The federal government at the time couldn't guarantee any more loans at the time because the previous government had borrowed beyond reasoning to maintain the economy and their lifestyles as a result of falling oil prices.

shut up..no amount of loan can unstable the economy so far its being handled carefully. .buhari is just a failure

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
chemali:

Are Lagosians not suffering from the Yar'Adua/Jonathan's administration decision to cancel the OBJ railway project that dashed the Chinese $250million apart from penalties? How is it different from this?
u de mind d morose? It's quite easy to start a project in nija, but how many has bin completed?
What of Obj's $16b power project?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by HzRF(m): 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Why are you deceiving ursef
(Oba of Lagos, Oba Akiolu recently rightly blamed General Mohammadu Buhari for this act of wickedness on the part of his Government 1983-1985) Needless to say, the cancellation resulted in Court Case for breach of Contract and cost the State Billions of Naira. The 600 Million Naira Project would probably cost 600 Billion today and all hope had been lost until the Obasanjo Federal Government launched the still proposed Lagos Mega-City Project which hopefully would assist the present governor Governor Fashola to realise his dream of transforming Lagos into a commuters' delight. Better late than never.

This is an archive on gov jateef government published by 2008 when nobody is tackling buahri for any post

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/adebayo-adejare/deja-vu-4-the-secret-of-jakandes-success-in-lagos-state.html

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by chacoonder(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
A very reasonable explanation....#teambuhari2015
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by igbeke: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Sharrap, young girl.
Tell your Buhari to feed those lies to the gullible like you.
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by IGBOSON1: 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

^^^And so you reckon the proposed metroline couldn't pay for itself within 4 years of it being built!?

Story for the gods as they say! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by IGBOSON1: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
chemali:

^^^Yeah....like a Vice President Jonathan could have vetoed any decision Yar'Adua and his northern clique made at the time!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by chemali: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Yeah....like a Vice President Jonathan could have vetoed any decision Yar'Adua and his northern clique made at the time!
Was the decision made in Nigeria's economic interest?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by redsun(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
How can a loan for such a vital project ever go wrong if is well executed? A capital project with life long benefits. Lagos would have been more refined city by now if such project was undertaken ages ago

It is lack of vision and visoonless leaders are jistcas hood as the talibans.

1 Like

Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari's past haunting him

That project would have boosted the internal Generating Revenue of Lagos

Obiagelli True or False.?

Atlwireles Altwireles Ngwakwe make sure you guys trap this obiagelli with this question

The guy na something else
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

In your mind, he should have guaranteed the loan before the outcome of the reports?

why do u defend urself even when u have been beaten squarely.haba! nawaoh

the penalty buhari paid as a result of cancelling that project was alarming
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by chemali: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
nigerianvenom:

why do u defend urself even when u have been beaten squarely.haba! nawaoh

the penalty buhari paid as a result of cancelling that project was alarming

The penalty PDP (Yar'Adua/GEJ) for canceling the OBJ rail contract was alarming too!
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by obamartins(m): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Anikulhapo:
PDP'S PROPAGANDA WILL SOON CATCH UP WITH THEM, THEIR LIES IS BEGINNING TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE, I WAS DISCUSSING WITH A FRIEND WHO WAS SWEARING WITH HIS LIFE THAT BUHARI WILL ISLAMIZE NIGERIA AND HE IS BEHIND BOKO HARAM,HOW WILL SOMEBODY BE KILLING PEOPLE THAT WILL VOTE FOR HIM?
But for someone like Buhari, killing innocent people to drive home his point is no big deal. The 2011 post election violence by his supporters which he silently endorsed, his name been forwarded by Boko haram as their negotiator because he is their grand patron and his numerous threats of blood flowing can attest to this fact, so i am not surprised that your friend refused to be gullible and didn't allow u convince him with your lies. Buhari is a religious fanatic and an extremist, no matter how you try to rebrand him, it won't work. I would rather you hold your peace.
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by zilon12(m): 1:24am On Dec 31, 2014
opyzy:
the road to success is never easy, Buhari should stop replying all his critics, silence they say is the best answer for a fool

Not in politics

Those people you refer to as fools actually make up the electorate
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2014
chemali:

The penalty PDP (Yar'Adua/GEJ) for canceling the OBJ rail contract was alarming too!

i'm not aware obj started any rail project.if actually he did,what was d term of contract?how much was awarded for d contract and which firm was it awarded to?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by eaglechild: 7:33am On Dec 31, 2014
Done bun can't be undone.

Buhari is economically inept and has no clue how to better the nation.

All his decisions on the economy have been disastrous.
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by chemali: 7:43am On Dec 31, 2014
nigerianvenom:

i'm not aware obj started any rail project.if actually he did,what was d term of contract?how much was awarded for d contract and which firm was it awarded to?

In October 2006, the Olusegun Obasanjo administration signed an US $8.3 billion contract with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), for the first phase of the rail modernisation project. That project, a 1,315 km Lagos-Abuja-Kano double-track standard gauge rail corridor, with a maximum speed of 150 km an hour, was to flag off a 25-year long rail modernisation project.

But no sooner had the Umaru Yar’Adua administration birthed than dissenting voices started thumbing down the project. The clear strategy has been scarecrow tactics: alleged inflation of cost hinting at sleaze, skewed process in the contract award, etc, etc.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=53842

How is this different?
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by Amanwulu1(m): 7:48am On Dec 31, 2014
Obiagelli:

and u just believed dis poo. I see buhari has become a god whose words cannot b questioned to some ppl.
Re: Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari by jamace(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:
Dear General,
It is not only the reason you canceled it, that we want to hear.

We want to hear about the penalty for the breach of the contrast.

Did you pay any penalty?
How much was it?

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2014/dec/213.html
Don't mind Buhari. He thinks leadership is gara-gara. Let him know that this is democracy and no longer military rule o.
Meanwhile somebody should tell Buhari that affidavit is not the same thing as academic qualification.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pics From The Special Valedictory Court Session For Late Enugu State Chief Judge / Enugu Guber: Gov. Ugwuanyi Thanks Residents / See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His "Ethiopian Girlfriend" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.