Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) (2170 Views)

The Nation Newspaper Attacks Buhari's Budget / FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Fayose Attacks Buhari Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Daily Sun(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola , while addressing large
crowd at the commemoration of his 2, 700 days in
office and account of stewardship of his
administration within the last 100 days in Ikeja,
attributed the failure to commence work on the red
rail line to uncooperative posture of the Federal
Government .
The red rail line project is proposed to run on the
existing Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC ) corridor
from Iddo to Ikeja and terminates at Agbado.
“ We are yet to commence work on the red rail line
because of the slow approval process of the corridor
by the Federal Government . As soon as we get the
approval we will commence work on the roject . ”
Fashola who also reacted to the recent statement
released by the Federal Government which put the
debt profile of Lagos at N 160 billion as loan obtained
by the state from the World Bank , challenged the FG
to return the sum of N 51 billion that the state
government expended on federal roads , nothing that
the debt burden of the state will be less and that the
state will have less to burrow if that money is
returned even as he stressed the state maintained a
healthy debt profile .
The Lagos Rail Mass Transit , LRMT, network is a
major component of the Strategic Transport Master
Plan , STMP , which has been developed to guide as a
compass for the development of public transport
infrastructures in the State . The STMP is a 30 year
plan put together under series of intensive
researches , studies and analyses of future
transportation demands and needs of Lagos State as
Nigeria ’ s commercial and economic hub and one of
the world ’ s fastest growing mega cities .
Lagos State , with an estimated population of 22
million people is currently faced with the challenge of
mass transit due to ever increasing population .
Consequently , government embarked on massive
upgrading of its inter- modal transport system which
comprises of roads , water, rail and recently , Public
Private Partnership (PPP ) cable - car initiative.
The state government is proposing seven rail lines
network for Lagos in the continued search for an
enduring public transportation system for mass
movement of people . Of these seven , two seem to be
critical . They are the Blue , Red rail line corridors
covering major axes of high commuter traffic
demand .
The blue rail line , to run from Marina , Lagos Island to
Okokomaiko , Ojo Local Government Area has
reached advanced stage of completion .
The second line , the Red Line is anticipated to
operate with 12 - car trains between 2010 and 2015. It
is expected to begin as a double line at Marina and
runs through Ebute Ero ending at Iddo . It then runs
northwards via a reverse curve to reach Ebute Metta.
It then runs straight to Yaba , Mushin and Oshodi
before reaching Ikeja .
At the Ikeja station, the Red Line is expected to link
the line from the international and domestic airport
terminal . From Ikeja, a single line will run to the
airport terminals. The Red Line then moves as a
double line further northwards from Ikeja to pass
through Agege , Iju and finally reaches Agbado.
Initially , the Blue Line will carry 400, 000 passengers
daily with capacity increased to 700, 000 passengers
daily when the rail route becomes fully operational.
To incorporate the use of EMUs , a depot including
power generating plant has been proposed for
construction at the final western most station ,
Okokomaiko .

dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/fashola-accuses-fg-frustrating-red-rail-line-project/
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
“It could not be imagined the kind of hatred Buhari has for the South-west that could have made him dashed
the hope of the government that initiated the rail
project which was going on smoothly and on schedule
before he forced himself to power,” Ms jumoke Akinjide.

I would like to ask Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Ms. Jumoke Akinjide if gej also hates the South-west.

Same question for naijareferee, ochejoseph, rozayx5 and
Ngwakwe

5 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by rozayx5(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

I would like to ask Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Ms. Jumoke Akinjide if gej also hates the South-west.

Ngwakwe

what did fashola do with all the loans GEJ has approved for him cheesy cheesy
madam i respect you but you can do better than searching fashola's unverifiable speeches cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by timawoku(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
aha!, I said it!!!...GEJ been beefing on projects that can make his enemies opponents famous...ask amaechi!
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist ,
and all Omexonomy, jmaine, mikeansy, Firefire,
Mynd44, , nduchucks, lacasa, baccaspace, Omerta
sincere9gerian, firefire, Phockphockman, ilugunboy,
naptu2, aussie, keneking, donmarti, keneking,
Dannyset, Evathyst, jaymichael

Ishilove one of these threads should at least hit the front page.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hypocrisy and PDP are like bread and butter.
Lol! Obiagelli,well done o!

4 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

madam i respect you but you can do better than searching fashola's unverifiable speeches cheesy cheesy

Now its time to ask foolish questions, why didn't you ask same when you accused buhari

2 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by dunkem21(m): 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sit down, fash. You red rail project failed just like Amaechi's mono rail project. Stop shifting blame to the FG.

BTW, I thought you said GEJ did nothing in Lagos; which N51b are we talking about?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Change2015(m): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

GEJ approved? Do you understand how government works at all? Have you kept up with the budget statements of Lagos State? Laziness and ignorance is a poor combo.

1 Like

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
berem:
Hypocrisy and PDP are like bread and butter.
Lol! Obiagelli,well done o!

Thanks sis, i hope our lovely mods will do the needful
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Space.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by tomakint: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
See as undiluted lies dey flow from Fashola's mouth like 2moro no dey........the debt profile of Lagos was officially kickstarted when Asiwaju went for a World Bank loan to the tune of $100m in order to embark on Independent Power Project which he later jettisoned for transportation network of Lagos State but we know better today. It's a pity Obiageli fell for these lies.....by the way, Oby abeg how much dem pay you to sell this........make I port come your side sharperly grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by egift(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
PDP and their Agents of Corruption are pathetic Hypocrites.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by LRNZH(m): 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
SW being frustrated by PDP since 2010.

3 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by timawoku(m): 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
dunkem21:
Sit down, fash. You red rail project failed just like Amaechi's mono rail project. Stop shifting blame to the FG.

BTW, I thought you said GEJ did nothing in Lagos; which N51b are we talking about?
do you even read and grasp before you comment? Please go back and read that part well, nobody is going to be a teacher for free here...
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Collynzo22: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
The red rail line project is proposed to run on the existing Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC ) corridor from Iddo to Ikeja and terminates at Agbado.
Can't Fashola find another route to use?
This project will disrupt train operations on that route, I believe that is the reason for the delay in approval.

8 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by anonimi: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fashola should not use blackmail as a cover up for his glaring INCOMPETENCE!

Not everyone is as daft as those area boys, touts, agberos, almajiris & semi-literates that form the bulk of his APC supporters since their party does NOT prioritise education for ALL our children.

It is too late in the day!

Let us even out of generosity buy his stewpid story about the Red line, why the NOpoke movement on the Blue line?

- 2011, fine boy dey pose for Toronto sey im dey inspect aloku/scrap trains.
- January last year the Smooth Operator LIED to us that in five month's time i.e. June 2013 we will be tweeting from inside those scrap trains.
- 18 months later, train we no ride na im be sey owo ti wo igbo Toronto i.e. our money don enter Toronto bush
shocked

Fashola, where is our money?
#Change-is-coming-to-Lagos!

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by KwoiZabo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Fash-ole. why not use the money to speed up the on-going one pending approval and stop giving excuses for money tiifnubu has siphoned already.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by egift(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

Answer the question you were asked stop being smart by half.

#Change - Stop Jonathan before corruption is irredeemable.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
tomakint:
See as undiluted lies dey flow from Fashola's mouth like 2moro no dey........the debt profile of Lagos was officially kickstarted when Asiwaju went for a World Bank loan to the tune of $100m in order to embark on Independent Power Project which he later jettisoned for transportation network of Lagos State but we know better today. It's a pity Obiageli fell for these lies.....by the way, Oby abeg how much dem pay you to sell this........make I port come your side sharperly grin grin

See your hypocrisy, now you care to ask about Lagos debt profile, did you ask the same question when buhari refuse to guarantee loan for the same project.

Yeye dey smell.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by omenka(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
What else can one say. It seems with every finger of accusation PDP points at Buhari, 9 more are pointing at them!

It is high time they stopped their campaign of character assassination and concentrate on explaining to the electorates the things Jonathan has done for him to deserve a second term.

This technique is doing them more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by donphilopus: 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Here's their Certificate of Hypocricy.

3 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by egift(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
omenka:
What else can one say. It seems with every finger of accusation PDP points at Buhari, 9 more are pointing at them!

It is high time they stopped their campaign of character assassination and concentrate on explaining to the electorates the things Jonathan has done for them to deserve a second term.

This technique is doing them more harm than good.

Jonathan has no new ideas. All he want is another 4yrs of immunity to continue looting.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Collynzo22: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
Lagos - Ilorin (Tuesdays, Fridays & Saturdays) Departs Iddo 09.00hrs Arrives Ilorin 18.34hrs of same day.
Ilorin - Lagos (Wednesdays, Saturdays &
Sundays) Departs Ilorin 11.00hrs of Wednesday Arrives Lagos 20.59hrs of same day.
Departs Ilorin 09.00hrs on Saturdays and
Sundays Arrives Lagos 20.59hrs.
Lagos - Kano (Every Friday) Departs Iddo 12.00hrs Arrives Kano 17.01hrs on Saturday.
Kano - Lagos (Every Monday) Departs Kano 09.00hrs Arrives Lagos 14.24hrs on Tuesday. Offa - Kano (Every Tuesday) Departs Offa 22.00hrs Arrives Kano 18.05hrs on Wednesday. Kano - Offa (Every Friday) Departs Kano 08.30hrs
www.nrc-ng.org/services&w=passenger-train-schedule
Everyone can see how important that Iddo route is, why does Fashola want to disrupt operations on it? Can't he find another route?
What about the ones that have gotten all the approval needed, what is his excuse?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
anonimi:
Fashola should not use blackmail as a cover up for his glaring INCOMPETENCE!

Not everyone is as daft as those area boys, touts, agberos, almajiris & semi-literates that form the bulk of his APC supporters since their party does NOT prioritise education for ALL our children.

It is too late in the day!

Let us even out of generosity buy his stewpid story about the Red line, why the NOpoke movement on the Blue line?

Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola
(SAN) yesterday dragged President Goodluck
Jonathan before the House of Representatives
for allegedly frustrating a $600 million loan
from the World Bank. Scuttling the loan,
Fashola told the House Committee on Aid, Loans
and Debts, that it would likely heighten the
suffering of about 20 million people in Lagos.
“We have a commitment with the World Bank
for a loan of $600 million offered to Lagos. It is
supposed to be in three tranches and the first
tranche was paid in 2011. We were expecting
the payment of the second tranche when we got
the shocking information that the loan facility
had been stopped,” Fashola narrated.
He told the Hon. Adeyinka Ajayi-led committee
that no official of the Federal Government
supplied any reasons for the stoppage, but that
the Coordinating Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala merely told him on the telephone
that his state had been excluded from the 2013
and 2014 borrowing plans.
On the likely reasons for stopping the loan, the
governor said: “Whatever the reasons are, for
me, development and fairness and consistency
are more paramount. And the interests of those
people are more paramount, really. Because the
roads have no political colour. The water that
we have to provide has no political colour and
security is politically-blind.”
Fashola told the committee that the stoppage of
the loan had jeopardized his state’s 2013 and
2014 budgets and that road, water and other
development projects were bound to suffer.
Fashola expressed disappointment that the
Federal Government would seek to frustrate a
measure aimed at improving the lot of the
citizens, moreso when his state had “ diligently
pursued fiscal disciplines and prudence on the
basis of which the World Bank” released the
first tranche of $200 million.

1 Like

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by naijareferee: 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote
author=Obiagelli
post=29339357]

I would like to ask Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory
(FCT), Ms. Jumoke Akinjide if gej also hates the South-west.

Ngwakwe[/quote]

[quote author=Obiagelli[/quote]

bia obi....
i dont understand why you are asking this question....but let me point
out.
but let me ask you
shay...the bible says
to whom much is giving...much is expected...i think that should answer
your question

but pls lets not digress... buhari the man is a good man who only suits
the military

he has zero or little economic acumen.... as can be seen in the way he
manages his finances

and pls dont tell me that he will follow the partys economic blue print
because he ball rest on his tablke at the end.
that is if apc has any...cos lagos with the budget most african
countries only read on newspaper...does not have portable water and you
are talking about rail line...abeg fash and tinubu never ready
atleast no body stopped amaechis 100meters monorail

nb...i didnt know you quoted me on another thread...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijareferee:

Your opinion, i like to talk facts.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by naijareferee: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Your opinion, i like to talk facts.

do we manufacture facts
is your thread not meant to share opinions
if everybody starts giving facts...then its as good as reading a text book

pls respond to salients points made...dont dodge challenge like your friend

and pls am still waiting for the amount paid on penalty

the best ways to sale is not only selling the good part...try to share the challenges buhari faced...his failures....his short comings ...then we will know you dont just want change for change sake...peace

1 Like

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijareferee:

do we manufacture facts
is your thread not meant to share opinions
if everybody starts giving facts...then its as good as reading a text book

pls respond to salients points made...dont dodge challenge like your friend

and pls am still waiting for the amount paid on penalty

the best ways to sale is not only selling the good part...try to share the challenges buhari faced...his failures....his short comings ...then we will know you dont just want change for change sake...peace
I should respond to your opinion? Please stay on the topic. You haven't answered my question.
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by naijareferee: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

I should respond to your opinion? Please stay on the topic. You haven't answered my question.

like i wrote...i didnt know i was quoted here...my biz is not with lagos but nigeria
as i said...fash and tinubu will do the needful when they want
Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by mekaboy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Lagos State governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola
(SAN) yesterday dragged President Goodluck
Jonathan before the House of Representatives
for allegedly frustrating a $600 million loan
from the World Bank. Scuttling the loan,
Fashola told the House Committee on Aid, Loans
and Debts, that it would likely heighten the
suffering of about 20 million people in Lagos.
“We have a commitment with the World Bank
for a loan of $600 million offered to Lagos. It is
supposed to be in three tranches and the first
tranche was paid in 2011. We were expecting
the payment of the second tranche when we got
the shocking information that the loan facility
had been stopped,” Fashola narrated.
He told the Hon. Adeyinka Ajayi-led committee
that no official of the Federal Government
supplied any reasons for the stoppage, but that
the Coordinating Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala merely told him on the telephone
that his state had been excluded from the 2013
and 2014 borrowing plans.
On the likely reasons for stopping the loan, the
governor said: “Whatever the reasons are, for
me, development and fairness and consistency
are more paramount. And the interests of those
people are more paramount, really. Because the
roads have no political colour. The water that
we have to provide has no political colour and
security is politically-blind.”
Fashola told the committee that the stoppage of
the loan had jeopardized his state’s 2013 and
2014 budgets and that road, water and other
development projects were bound to suffer.
Fashola expressed disappointment that the
Federal Government would seek to frustrate a
measure aimed at improving the lot of the
citizens, moreso when his state had “ diligently
pursued fiscal disciplines and prudence on the
basis of which the World Bank” released the
first tranche of $200 million.

I am a novice when it comes to politics and economic matters, so i ask

Who will pay the loan of $600m back?

Does this loan affect our debt profile as a nation or just lagos state?

This loan disrupted the state budget, do states make their plans based on loan or federal allocation ?

Can the $200m released be accounted for?

2 Likes

Re: HYPOCRISY!!! Gej Frustrating Red Rail Line Project. (attacks buhari) by PhockPhockMan: 2:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
If it's true that GEJ is frustrating only the red, it means, he didn't frustrate the green, black, yellow, white, Brown, blue lines. Everything about APC is useless, always crying for sympathy to cover their failures. That federal is not willing to give you the right to use their facilities as a launching pad to insult then is the cause of this noise. Imagine, Jonathan laboured to rehabilitate rail line crossing Osun state, Aregbesola came from no where and put some scrappy Trains on it and start taking glory, while APC supporters continue insulting Jonathan on his railway revolution.
Fashola should tell Nigerians what he has done with the billions of Naira spent on nonexistent rail project.
APC is deeply ashamed of Jonathan’s enviable achievement in rail sector hence the desperation heap their failures on him.

IT WON'T WORK.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Backs Buhari For Presidency - The Nation / President Goodluck Jonathan Interview With Tribune / Oduduwa Was A Benin Prince - Omo N'oba Erediauwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.