Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 (38752 Views)

Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid / New Policy On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: Big News Page / Ban On Importation Of Tokunbo Cars: What You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Abduljohn(m): 9:09am On Dec 31, 2014
More profit to neighbouring country, more buz 4 smugglers n little revenue 4 govt. Thkless pple

4 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Ifetex(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2014
buoye1:
Today is my birthday

Nairalanders celebrate me by wishing me a happy birthday

This comments make it the 2000th comment on Nairaland

Oya ladies and gent,I ll be waiting for una wishes

Cheers

#babyoftheyear

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by easyflow: 9:10am On Dec 31, 2014
Good for our economy grin

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by datbay(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2014
buoye1:
Today is my birthday

Cheers

#babyoftheyear
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO,WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST IN THIS NEW YEAR OF YOUR LIFE.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by kwencypresh(f): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2014
sumtimes i wonder if dese people dey go church

2 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by samuelmag: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2014
If they plan to stop us from buying our cars their plan has failed cos we buying brand new.God pass dem!
Its only in Naija government implement policies without considering the effect.how cheap is the made in Naija car n how affordable is it.#sensless!

2 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by zizman: 9:11am On Dec 31, 2014
wait am comin
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Fairgodwin(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2014
It's a good development. Please let's leave sentiments out of this and look at it logically and critically - and you will see it's actually a feasible and welcomed development - only if fully implemented.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by mayor007(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2014
New Year Gift Toh Badt!!!
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by shortgun(m): 9:12am On Dec 31, 2014
datbay:
And some nit-wits will come and shout GEJ till 2019 with this type of anti-people policy
GEJ till 2019
Prices of tokunbo cars must go up to encourage local productions. Have you not heard of the National Automotive policy?
Why do you think vehicle manufacturers are now opening factories in Nigeria?

Nigerians will be better off in the long run if this policy is properly implemented.
You hate change yet we want development.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
Even though I won't vote gej come 2015,this policy is a great policy when efficiently utilized.

This would create jobs to the masses n will lead to reduction in the "I want a job" thread on Nairaland.

The automotive industry generated 750,000 jobs in the philippines in 2013 alone.

Sai buhari

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by mizzy007(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
And he said we'll tank him after 10yrs in office! Wat wil b d purpose of dat? Dz z telin me dat after u win d election more surprises will pop up! Mayb fuel subsidy removal
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by hemor(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
Why Jona dey always do bad thing for january 1? na January 1 e comot fuel subsidy, now e no wan make people wey no too gallant financially see money buy car and you wan make people vote for you mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
Why are nigerians short sighed?

One of my uncle recently bought a 2009 tokunbo suv for 2.5 million naira.

He didn't know he could get a brand new innoson suv for 3 million and naija made hyundai suv for 3.5m

5 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by goshen26: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2014
buoye1:
Today is my birthday

Cheers

#babyoftheyear
happy buyday

3 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by tonychristopher: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2014
This is good ..Nigeria has tokunbo mentality ..tokunbo bra,pants shirts ,cars even Buhari is a tokunbo president in waiting

Now let me tell you ..I see it as stupidity to buy a 3million tokunbo instead of 1.5m brand new

A tokunbo is not good ..so I am in support

11 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 31, 2014
mcgboye:

http://www.punchng.com/news/tokunbo-cars-to-cost-more-from-january-1/

http://nairametrics.com/new-year-gift-from-this-govt-import-duty-on-tokunbo-cars-to-increase-by-70-jan-1st/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Basically, import duty on tokunbo cars will double. The direct result is a significant increase in the prices of cars. I hope the gov't doesn't go ahead with this new duty regime.

Raising of the taxes....austerity,austerity.

Now that oil price this am is dropping and dropping..($53 per barrel yesterday)..govt has no choice but to raise the taxes.

Nigerians...sorry o!

Another reason to say bye bye to oil and hello to industrial development.

So instead of tokumbo cars.....cheap made in Nigeria sedans would be all the rage.

Oil is a curse.

5 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by popcykaylah(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
gej always full of surprises ..some idiots trecking from bustop to bustop will still carry thier ugly fingers and say gej till book haram exterminate thier whole family..smh

3 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by qualityovenbake(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
Hope they reverse these decision.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
They shd extend it to all other things we can produce locally. Though d local car manufacturing companies shd be able to produce enough b4 the implementation.

Enough of importation of everything

Same shd be extended to mobile phones and electronics.

Thank u Jona but u shd also fight corruption wella

8 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by secretcode01: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
Lol imagine oo.. Ani se na God go punish anybody still wishing to vote for this evil man GEJ...

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2014
well its not new to we nigerians, GEJ has always been giving nigerians reasons not to celebrate the new year with joy, @ surprise la subsidy @ surprise la increase in tokunbo cars cost, e be another gbege go happen o
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by donmalcolm21(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2014
This OP experienced a mental breakkdown early this year when the automotive policy was announced. Everything that will make Nigeria to move fwd is a political tool for the opposition to whip up sentiment. #BuhariShowUsYourCertificate

10 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2014
Activa:
They shd extend it to all other things we can produce locally. Though d local car manufacturing companies shd be able to produce enough b4 the implementation.

Enough of importation of everything

Same shd be extended to mobile phones and electronics.

Thank u Jona but u shd also fight corruption wella

If we want to make cheap cars locally.....Ajaokuta must be revived. No buts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by SleekyGee(m): 9:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Every year, our president finds a new way to welcome us into the new year, we all understand the global fuel crisis caused this but can't jona limit most of the effect to us the wealthy and leave the middleclass alone meaning over-taxing only luxury commodities so as to reduce inflation of neccessary commodities

1 Like

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by amaechionuh(m): 9:19am On Dec 31, 2014
Its time for IVM cars to rule our roads, support your own.

Good development for our automobile industry to strive, this is a wake up call and good opportunity for Nigerian engineers to compete with Innoson or he will rake in all the money.

GEJ till 2019

9 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by M4gunners: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2014
mcgboye:

http://nairametrics.com/new-year-gift-from-this-govt-import-duty-on-tokunbo-cars-to-increase-by-70-jan-1st/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Basically, import duty on tokunbo cars will double. The direct result is a significant increase in the prices of cars. I hope the gov't doesn't go ahead with this new duty regime.
At times i wonder how we nigerians think . Greedy is in everyone's body when it comes of money. Is it a bad move? Why trying to blame fg for doing a good job that will improve our local manufacturers? This is a good move for our economy . South Africa is growing today, it's because of their car industry. You can't import Car to SA like we dose in Nigeria. This is a good move please.

4 Likes

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2014
donmalcolm21:
This OP experienced a mental breakkdown early this year when the automotive policy was announced. Everything that will make Nigeria to move fwd is a political tool for the opposition to whip up sentiment. #BuhariShowUsYourCertificate

Automotive policy is not going to work....not with power at 5000MW (South Africa does 40000,South Korea 100000mw),not with Ajaokuta still a rusting hulk, and not without massive investment in technical education (your man GEJ should have removed the fuel subsidy and invested some of the money in technical schools....instead he builds more universities to produce more first class clerks for the govt office...and add more financial liabilities for the future).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by yomi007k(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2014
No problem as long as INNOSON motors go dey extremly cheap.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2014
Can jona ever give nigeria a reason to smile? Never! He think he's wicked, to me he's a stup*id idio*tssssssssssssssss.
Re: New Year Gift From Govt : Tokunbo Cars To Cost More From January 1 by macklef(m): 9:23am On Dec 31, 2014
mcgboye:

Austenity measures. Na part of their non-oil revenue plans b dis.
Better its on imported cars at least im not buying/importing cars now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos From The Official Launch Of Suzuki In Nigeria / Flying Car Crashes In Canada (Pictures) / Made-in-Nigeria Limousine And Hummer Jeep!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.