Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) (4978 Views)

Made A New App - Comments Needed From Yoruba Speakers In The House! / My New Complete English Classic Android App / ASP.NET HELP!ยก! Any Programmer Can Give Suggestion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is my first app.
Its an aggregator for nigerian sites.
Need your suggestion, criticism, comments, etc on its design. Thanks.

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Xslaze3xd(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
FTC
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by endy4oxide(m): 11:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Nice app
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:06am On Jan 01, 2015
more

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2015
automatically changes theme when its night for easier reading.

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 8:13am On Jan 01, 2015
endy4oxide:
Nice app
thanks

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nice App.

Pls I would like to know how you learn Android Application Development.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
phatjoe50:
Nice App.

Pls I would like to know how you learn Android Application Development.
I used the official documentation with the busy coder guide to android development book
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Vicben(m): 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nice app. I'd like to learn to develop apps too. where do I start?
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
Vicben:
Nice app. I'd like to learn to develop apps too. where do I start?
get this book "The busy coders guide to android development"
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
elvis10ten:
I used the official documentation with the busy coder guide to android development book

Did u apply Cache to your App? if yes, how did you do it?
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 10:51am On Jan 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Vicben(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
elvis10ten:
get this book "The busy coders guide to android development"
thanks, got the book on Google and in going through it. it's really helpful
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Vicben:
thanks, got the book on Google and in going through it. it's really helpful
your welcome.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Borwe: 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Bro, why not build it for us gingerbread needy guys. Still rolling Tecno N3 over here grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
phatjoe50:

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:29am On Jan 03, 2015
phatjoe50:

Only images are cached.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 5:31am On Jan 03, 2015
Borwe:
Bro, why not build it for us gingerbread needy guys. Still rolling Tecno N3 over here grin grin grin grin grin grin
I tried my best to make the app run on 2.3 but there are some libs that i used that are not available in that version. Will try if i can make it run on that version.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 03, 2015
elvis10ten:
Only images are cached.

How did u do it? or can you link me to any tutorial online.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2015
phatjoe50:

How did u do it? or can you link me to any tutorial online.
used imageloader. search for it on Google. it handles caching of images well
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Borwe: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
I thaught ImageView is for creating images? nice know something new, ImageLoader is also available on gingerbread?
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Borwe:
I thaught ImageView is for creating images? nice know something new, ImageLoader is also available on gingerbread?
i said ImageLoader. yah, it works on android 2.3
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dharyour93(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
elvis10ten:
This is my first app.
Its an aggregator for nigerian sites.
Need your suggestion, criticism, comments, etc on its design. Thanks.

When copying next time, try to be creative in your copying. When I saw the first few pictures, I actually thought it was a screen shot of GOOGLE PLAYSTORE. It was on a second look that I discovered that it was the UI of your app.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Mayor21(m): 2:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
Aboki
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
dharyour93:

When copying next time, try to be creative in your copying. When I saw the first few pictures, I actually thought it was a screen shot of GOOGLE PLAYSTORE. It was on a second look that I discovered that it was the UI of your app.
I don't get u. the only mistake I see in my post is the "first", changing that to second solves it. I used same text from my first app, forgot to change that
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mayor21:
Aboki
who ?
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dharyour93(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
elvis10ten:
I don't get u. the only mistake I see in my post is the "first", changing that to second solves it. I used same text from my first app, forgot to change that

What I mean is that your app looks too much like GOOGLE PLAYSTORE
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 9:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
dharyour93:

What I mean is that your app looks too much like GOOGLE PLAYSTORE
lol, show me what i copied from playstore, that is not a common ui pattern in android ?
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dharyour93(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
elvis10ten:
lol, show me what i copied from playstore, that is not a common ui pattern in android ?

These are all UI for an android app and it doesn't have the look and feel of Google Playstore.

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by elvis10ten(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
dharyour93:

These are all UI for an android app and it doesn't have the look and feel of Google Playstore.
please google material design. every thing i used there were from the docs. Nothing copied from playstore. if you see anything there that is not a common ui stuff in material design, speak.
Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by dharyour93(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
elvis10ten:
please google material design. every thing i used there were from the docs. Nothing copied from playstore. if you see anything there that is not a common ui stuff in material design, speak.

Bros Ure beginning to take this thing personal O. You asked for review and you've seen one and you're taking it personal.

Compare your app with the attached screen shot and you'll see that they both look alike and one might confuse one for another

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My Second Android App (comments And Suggestion Needed) by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 05, 2015
^^^^

You haven't heard about apps adopting the material design?

And what if he copied from play store, do you see any identical colours there?

With the first image, he used translucent status bar.

OP, nice app by the way.
Could need more development too.

God bless your hard work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Topics To Cover In Java To Be A Guru? / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming / Be Sincere, Is Programming That Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.