Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (598888 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:

I was just going to post a comment on the no SL standpoint. Person for just go broke ni o lipsrsealed
natruetalk:

good dis coming from 1 of d strong believer of not using SL. imagine trading those pair on d wrong side today.

chi! if no margin call, dt will take year to recover back depend on d trader sha, so y protecting ur capital not be 1st priority

Well done oga and madam.. But Stop loss wont even save anyone caught on the wrong side of this. It is just like weekend gap. Price will overshoot your stop loss and the broker will tell you they closed the trade at the most possible place. You can't even sue because it is clearly stated in terms and conditions.

You will only be lucky if your stop loss was taken out with the first spike. Like on the CHF issue, people with 50-150pips stop loss would have escaped unhurt as initial spike was within that range. If the first reaction was 2000 pips from your entry, OYO embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
drpips1:

Price manipulation sad especially that ECHF that not volatile at all
Nobody manipulated anything.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Owliver:
Tom if you wanted only 50% from 70$ you had no reason trading 0.03lot size on a very volatile instrument like Gj and oil. You keep repeating same mistake over and over again. If you would expose 5% risk then STICK TO IT... When you demo start with 70$ not 1000k. Make I no lie for you ehn you still wan make millions over night and that's the problem tom........ You need to relax.. See I have not traded live for a long time and am not worried about it, I also have mobile platform but am not in a hurry. I read and study charts everyday and I'll keep doing that until when am ready which should be around september. Forex no dey run go anywhere. It must pay me e sure die. You need to take one step at a time. Just my advice o. Have a nice day.

Well patient is d key but when patient is too much, it leads to delay. we all know the dangers of delay. The truth is no much time for me. I'm not thinking of doing forex full time or get rich quick but rather an avenue to up my capital for offline venture. You too have great day.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

Well done oga and madam.. But Stop loss wont even save anyone caught on the wrong side of this. It is just like weekend gap. Price will overshoot your stop loss and the broker will tell you they closed the trade at the most possible place. You can't even sue because it is clearly stated in terms and conditions.

You will only be lucky if your stop loss was taken out with the first spike. Like on the CHF issue, people with 50-150pips stop loss would have escaped unhurt as initial spike was within that range. If the first reaction was 2000 pips from your entry, OYO embarassed embarassed embarassed

dis is why i like eur/usd dat pair is not easily caught in 500-1000 pips spike. the most liquid pair in d world. you can trade it without STOP loss but never try it unless you trade monthly candles with a mental stop loss of 1000 pips

I DON'T TRADE WITHOUT STOP LOSS . I have an EA that auto place stop loss once trade executed . People can search on forex-tsd forum.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Owliver(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Some of the many chef testimonies from facebook :O

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by drpips1(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

Nobody manipulated anything.

Put that ECHF on a 5Mins Chart ,for good ten minutes the price just disappeared, only to find out quoting a deep fall,with no major fundamental release, what else could be synonymous to that sad
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
drpips1:

Put that ECHF on a 5Mins Chart ,for good ten minutes the price just disappeared, only to find out quoting a deep fall,with no major fundamental release, what else could be synonymous to that sad

No one manipulated anything o, all the CHF pairs including the Swiss index tanked.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by TheShootist(m): 2:09pm On Jan 15, 2015
zPixel:
Hello. for those of you traders consistently making money can you share how much on the average you make monthly? the amount you started with in your account and the amount of leverage you use. Thanks

This would be nice. It'll feel more like business. Iron will sharpen iron.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
drpips1:

There was a fundamental release for the CHF. 10.30 am. Libor rates. That is what caused all the problem.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by leopower(m): 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
http://clip2net.com/s/3avo8WY u can also see weely for clearer picture.
u

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by drpips1(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:

No one manipulated anything o, all the CHF pairs including the Swiss index tanked.

Really, guess thats more funds in the world bank, and such events are confidential

wanted making an entry but on the pair i was, that could be so dangerous if i had not follow my gut smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by drpips1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

There was a fundamental release for the CHF. 10.30 am. Libor rates. That is what caused all the problem.

just checked, No wonder, there wasn't change in the data release,and it spiked that much,well i was only glued to USD by 2.30, as that was my major concern today and everything else technical, it a good thing to be patient shay, it was a whipsaw on most pairs
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
D question of using stop loss or no stop loss or mental stop loss is being discuss somewhere.....

Then
Closed Buy EURCHF 1.16474 for -1326.2 pips, total for today -MInus 88787.1 pips ..... That's from an account manager

SNB removes 1.2000 floor for Echf

#Switzerland biggest company #Novartis has seen CHF 17 Billion (($19B) wiped off its valuation following #SNB move..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by ugees(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

No my friend..... The SNB had a 3 year floor on the CHF removed..
They have been supporting the EURCHF at the 1.20 mark for 3 years.. preventing the CHF from falling further. they gave up... and the CHF strengthened across board
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 2:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
But d truth is dat even with stop loss....if such dat happen today happen over d weekend....stop loss cant help and most times...d jump are usually not helped by stop loss as well as brokers platforms do misbehave at such moment...talkin frm experience...Bottom line...dont trade fx if u got no heart to bear risk or atleast learn before u invest in the market
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
Getting warmed up to buy DJIA, my sell closed at +50 pips after I was 220 pips in profit. Whatever the market does, my job is to follow the money.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
Let it not be as if nobody benefited from that movement, just closed my GBPCHF short with +1973pips..."FX IS SWEET"

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
Everything don scatter unless Oil that was not affected
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Closed my DJIA with 50 pips SL looks like the bears are going to have it today.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by okemmadu(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
anybody here still keep in touch with odiaero?

really miss him. he doesn't show his face here any more

he got the "Holy Grail" am talking about.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by drpips1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
okemmadu:
anybody here still keep in touch with odiaero?

really miss him. he doesn't show his face here any more

he got the "Holy Grail" am talking about.

are you looking for odiaero, or the "Holy Grail" grin ,well i guess the simplified answer to that is everyone trading here has the holy grail, it whats fetches everyone the bucks smiley
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:
Closed my DJIA with 50 pips SL looks like the bears are going to have it today.
Ma'am, i discovered that this instrument does trade for 24hours, could the cause be that i choose the wrong one, or from my broker or am i missing out something?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
benpuzzy:
Ma'am, i discovered that this instrument does trade for 24hours, could the cause be that i choose the wrong one, or from my broker or am i missing out something?

There are two, futures which closed daily and spot which trades round the clock.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
drpips1:

just checked, No wonder, there wasn't change in the data release,and it spiked that much,well i was only glued to USD by 2.30, as that was my major concern today and everything else technical, it a good thing to be patient shay, it was a whipsaw on most pairs

Look well. There was change. Previous was -0.25%. Today was -0.75%.

ugees:

No my friend..... The SNB had a 3 year floor on the CHF removed..
They have been supporting the EURCHF at the 1.20 mark for 3 years.. preventing the CHF from falling further. they gave up... and the CHF strengthened across board

I know.. I didn't have time to explain. Was just pointing to the release cos he talked of manipulations when there wasn't any fundamental release.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Shevychen2: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
benpuzzy:
Let it not be as if nobody benefited from that movement, just closed my GBPCHF short with +1973pips..."FX IS SWEET"

Great job on the demo account. Your straddle trade picked both buy and sell. You chose to cover the buy and show the sell. Lol. I still dey o. And I will always talk when you start.

8 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Owliver:
Some of the many chef testimonies from facebook :O

ridiculous, my broker not allowing me close my position. thank God I put a preset tp on all other position in the same pair and its been hit. but they wont let me close the attached at this price, been hitting close since. . . . Leaving them after this experience

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Shevychen2:

Great job on the demo account. Your straddle trade picked both buy and sell. You chose to cover the buy and show the sell. Lol. I still dey o. And I will always talk when you start.

grin grin grin grin grin

i like you brother

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
benpuzzy:

Feel you bro,

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by benpuzzy(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
naijababe:

There are two, futures which closed daily and spot which trades round the clock.
so how can i differentiate the two?
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
benpuzzy:
so how can i differentiate the two?

One should be futures and the other would be daily or spot.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by infofirst(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Consider your accounts very
carefully as rumours start flying
of brokers in trouble
Already the rumours are flying around of brokers going
belly up after the SNB moves today and even those not
affected by Swiss trades need to keep close watch on
you accounts and brokers.
One has been rumoured in the comments section and
news is just hitting from Forex Magnates that IG group
is facing a £30m los s after this mornings events
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by christian11(m): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
natruetalk:

already took my buy on oil 2days ago @ d bolded 44.30 and am on it. at BE will leave it on

until 44.3x zone breached be4 i can be thinking of selling again.

back 2 d election campaign
Wow.... welcome bosssss...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.