Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Superb New Year Message From Gmb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Superb New Year Message From Gmb (912 Views)

President Buhari's New Year Message For 2017 / Goodluck Jonathan New Year Message To Nigerians / Amazing Messages From Gmb's Twitter Account (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Superb New Year Message From Gmb by olatwo(m): 9:21am On Jan 01, 2015
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 presidential election, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has released his New Year Message for the year and we bring you ten quotes from it.

1. President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party have run out of ideas. They have run out of excuses for failure.

2. The administration has equally run out of excuses for its inability to provide quality leadership for Nigerians.

3. President Jonathan and the ruling party have devalued the Naira which means that the price of goods and services will rise thus increasing the burden of ordinary Nigerians.

4. I bring to you, a New Year Message of hope and optimism. I share the anxiety of the middle class and the poor who have borne the brunt of the policies of this government for so long with increasing burden.

5. I share the fear of the unemployed whose hopes for new jobs in the New Year is being dashed because companies will cut jobs to escape spiral inflation. I share the concerns of the manufacturers whose import-dominated production will be challenged by the austerity measures.”

6. It is only some Nigerians who have access to the corridors of power and benefit from the monumental graft that characterises governance in the country today that can enjoy their perverse and ultimately futile form of happiness.

7. Vote out the Peoples Democratic Party, and my administration would ensure cheaper electricity, food security, accelerated power supply, integrated transport network, free education, affordable health care service and effective security of life and property.

8. Nigerians must be the sole object and focus of government. Man must be the pivot around which governance revolves. The more the potential of citizens are maximised within any nation, the higher will be the prospects of that nation for attaining greatness. The first great task facing Nigeria today, therefore, is to put in place a government that can guarantee the safety and security of Nigerians throughout the length and breadth of our country. This is because Nigerians must first of all be alive, safe and free from fear before they can exercise and utilise their talents for the benefit of their nation.

9. I declare, that, collectively, we can bring an end to this season of despair; we can bring an end to this avoidable fear; we can bring an end to this needless anxiety. On February 14, 2014, the Almighty offers us a historic opportunity to chart a new course out of the tragedy that we have found ourselves; History offers us a chance to correct the errors of the past. Great Nigerian people! This is our chance!

10. My message to you is to use your voter card on February 14, 2015 to liberate our country by voting for a real happy new year for yourselves. This is the type of leadership I offer and for which I humbly seek the mandate of Nigerians at the polls this New Year. I am confident that great days are ahead of Nigerians. I therefore enjoin us all to keep hope alive. The glory and pride of Nigeria will be restored both internally and externally this New Year. Renew your faith that, for Nigeria, the best is on the way and by the grace of the Almighty, I shall meet you there. Happy New Year!

Source: http://ynaija.com/politico/jonathan-has-run-out-of-ideas-and-9-other-quotes-from-buharis-new-year-message/
Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:29am On Jan 01, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by PapiDShipCapt(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year to him too **wonders if he will ever read this**

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to all Bross Seun, all the Mods and also all esteemed members and guest of Nairaland reading this post. This year shall be a year of total recovery for us all.. Amen
Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by abacus(m): 9:38am On Jan 01, 2015
I have resolved to vote out PDP come February, what about you? Eyin nko?
Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 01, 2015
Asked him when he was a head of state, what can he boast of? I hate to read rubbish.

GEJ... TILL 2019.
Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by Day169: 10:07am On Jan 01, 2015
History offers us a chance to correct the errors of the past. Great Nigerian people! This is our chance!

..This is the highpoint of his speech.
People get ready! A change is gonna come.
Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by thinkdip(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2015
Mr Buhari, stop bullshiting your president if u really want to become one...a leader who can keep his mouth shut is known to be wise, but u are not in anyway wise.
Mr buhari, if u truly claim you are a potential leader, respect anybody who rule over you, that will portray your level of sanity.
Mr buhari, tell Nigerians what you want to offer us if probably you emerge, stop hiding under President Jonathan and stop using him to cover for ur incompetence
Mr buhari, your e-warriors goat, dog, baboons are out here just to spill lies...a leader is known by their followers.
Mr buhari, say what is meaningful..you are not a kid, you are above 70.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2015
crazysaint:
Asked him when he was a head of state, what can he boast of? I hate to read rubbish.

GEJ... TILL 2019.

This is what he can boast of ...

INSURMOUNTABLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of EXPANDING FOREIGN DEPT. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused SEVERE HARDSHIP to the average Nigerian. In addition, POLITICAL CORRUPTION CONTINUED unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to STOP DISSENSION, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough,and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari

1 Like

Re: Superb New Year Message From Gmb by olatwo(m): 2:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

This is what he can boast of ...

INSURMOUNTABLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of EXPANDING FOREIGN DEPT. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused SEVERE HARDSHIP to the average Nigerian. In addition, POLITICAL CORRUPTION CONTINUED unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to STOP DISSENSION, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough,and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari

Please show em all hypocrites

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Picks Campaign Director, Others / Parents Indict FG In Kidnap Of Chibok Girls / Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Widow Endorses Osinbajo - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.