Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

A Sweet Truth About Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Sweet Truth About Buhari (1085 Views)

The Bitter Truth About BUHARI And JONATHAN / What Mugabe Says About Buhari. / Reactions On Fayose Advert On Punch Fayose Under Attack For Advert About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sweet Truth About Buhari by blemon44(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2015
[b]Sir, let us examine your service records. I consider your generation a very privileged one, indeed. In 1975 at the age of 33, you were appointed the Military Governor of the North-Eastern State, present day Borno & Yobe states.
In 1976 at the age of 34 you became the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources. In 1978 at the age of 36 you became the Chairman of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Today the reverse is the case. Most Nigerians at age of 35 are still unemployed and still living with parents. Many are still not married. During your time you were already Governor at this age.
One major reason for this unfortunate turn of events is that many elders like you have refused to voluntarily handover the baton to the next generation. Life should be a relay race where one runs his race and hands over to the next. In Nigeria many elders like you have run their races and are still holding on tenaciously to the baton.
But Sir, I have an important question here for you. The question is simple, MUST YOU SERVE NIGERIA AS A PRESIDENT ONLY? IS THERE NO OTHER CAPACITY YOU CAN SERVE US EXCEPT THE PRESIDENCY? It is very erroneous to imagine that you can only serve Nigeria only in one capacity. During the regime of late General Sani Abacha, you accepted the appointment to serve as the Chairman of the then Petroleum Trust Fund PTF.
The general opinion was that you served faithfully in this capacity. Well done Sir! But you never asked Abacha to vacate office for you as your former subordinate in the army. Never! In fact that would have been a dangerous move, if not suicidal. Rather you served faithfully under your former junior in the army. Sir, imagine if you take on another job like the Chairman of EFCC or ICPC or NDLEA.
Nigerians actually need you to serve in one of these capacities much more than they need you in the Presidency. Mere mentioning your name as Chairman of EFCC would drive many corrupt men underground. But you wouldn’t . Either the Presidency or nothing. When are you going to handover to the next person? It is either you do it voluntarily or risk disgrace at the polls. In 1983 at the age of 41, you became the Head of State.
Most Nigerians in my age have not had the opportunity to serve, but we still remain committed to the Nigerian project. You should rather be graceful to God and to Nigerians for the numerous opportunities that have come your way to serve Nigerians. Others are begging for just one opportunity to serve. Sir, you have to accept the stark reality on ground that you have served your time already.
That is life for you. You run the race, you handover the baton for others to run, you cannot hold on to the baton more than is necessary. As a former head of State you are already a member of the Council of State Meeting. You have every avenue to channel your views across. You don’t necessarily have to be in a frontline role, you can serve in an advisory capacity. That is still service.
In conclusion, let me state that the greatest beneficiary should you emerge candidate of the APC would be President Jonathan. It is crystal clear that you cannot defeat President Jonathan in a free, fair and credible election, even in Katsina State.
Sentiments aside, Jonathan would cruise to a landslide victory should you emerge candidate of the APC. In fact many political analysts believe that President Jonathan wants you to emerge as the APC flag bearer in order to secure a cheap victory. In fairness to you, any of your Children would pose a serious challenge to Jonathan more than yourself.
I do not see Nigerians electing a 72 year old former Head of state to lead us in this Digital era. With due respect to you Sir, you belong to the Analogue age and therefore, will not fit in as president in this digital era.
This is the blunt truth. Please do not enter the Guinness book of world records on a negative note. Losing four consecutive Presidential election would not augur well for your reputation. It is in your best interest to assume your position as an elder statesman and allow others to serve. Nigeria does not belong to you alone. It belongs to us all [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by major466(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2015
Please do not enter the Guinness book of world records on a negative note. Losing four consecutive Presidential election would not augur well for your reputation.
grin grin Buhari is aiming to write his name in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by iluvnaija: 11:35am On Jan 01, 2015
blemon44:
[b]Sir, let us examine your service records. I consider your generation a very privileged one, indeed. In 1975 at the age of 33, you were appointed the Military Governor of the North-Eastern State, present day Borno & Yobe states.
In 1976 at the age of 34 you became the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources. In 1978 at the age of 36 you became the Chairman of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Today the reverse is the case. Most Nigerians at age of 35 are still unemployed and still living with parents. Many are still not married. During your time you were already Governor at this age.
One major reason for this unfortunate turn of events is that many elders like you have refused to voluntarily handover the baton to the next generation. Life should be a relay race where one runs his race and hands over to the next. In Nigeria many elders like you have run their races and are still holding on tenaciously to the baton.
But Sir, I have an important question here for you. The question is simple, MUST YOU SERVE NIGERIA AS A PRESIDENT ONLY? IS THERE NO OTHER CAPACITY YOU CAN SERVE US EXCEPT THE PRESIDENCY? It is very erroneous to imagine that you can only serve Nigeria only in one capacity. During the regime of late General Sani Abacha, you accepted the appointment to serve as the Chairman of the then Petroleum Trust Fund PTF.
The general opinion was that you served faithfully in this capacity. Well done Sir! But you never asked Abacha to vacate office for you as your former subordinate in the army. Never! In fact that would have been a dangerous move, if not suicidal. Rather you served faithfully under your former junior in the army. Sir, imagine if you take on another job like the Chairman of EFCC or ICPC or NDLEA.
Nigerians actually need you to serve in one of these capacities much more than they need you in the Presidency. Mere mentioning your name as Chairman of EFCC would drive many corrupt men underground. But you wouldn’t . Either the Presidency or nothing. When are you going to handover to the next person? It is either you do it voluntarily or risk disgrace at the polls. In 1983 at the age of 41, you became the Head of State.
Most Nigerians in my age have not had the opportunity to serve, but we still remain committed to the Nigerian project. You should rather be graceful to God and to Nigerians for the numerous opportunities that have come your way to serve Nigerians. Others are begging for just one opportunity to serve. Sir, you have to accept the stark reality on ground that you have served your time already.
That is life for you. You run the race, you handover the baton for others to run, you cannot hold on to the baton more than is necessary. As a former head of State you are already a member of the Council of State Meeting. You have every avenue to channel your views across. You don’t necessarily have to be in a frontline role, you can serve in an advisory capacity. That is still service.
In conclusion, let me state that the greatest beneficiary should you emerge candidate of the APC would be President Jonathan. It is crystal clear that you cannot defeat President Jonathan in a free, fair and credible election, even in Katsina State.
Sentiments aside, Jonathan would cruise to a landslide victory should you emerge candidate of the APC. In fact many political analysts believe that President Jonathan wants you to emerge as the APC flag bearer in order to secure a cheap victory. In fairness to you, any of your Children would pose a serious challenge to Jonathan more than yourself.
I do not see Nigerians electing a 72 year old former Head of state to lead us in this Digital era. With due respect to you Sir, you belong to the Analogue age and therefore, will not fit in as president in this digital era.
This is the blunt truth. Please do not enter the Guinness book of world records on a negative note. Losing four consecutive Presidential election would not augur well for your reputation. It is in your best interest to assume your position as an elder statesman and allow others to serve. Nigeria does not belong to you alone. It belongs to us all [/b]

How can you start the new year by displaying your level of cluelessness? Oh! I see. You are really dumb to know that during his days life was sweeter than now. Back in the days Nigerians were respected all over the world. Back in the days, our parents go to work, come back during break for lunch, go back to work and salaries and allowances are paid promptly. Back in the days hard work is rewarded and no one is looking for shortcut to success. Back in the days our moral and cultural values were respected. Back in the days our currency was above the dollar. Back in the days corrupt leaders were being punished. I can go on and on.

No amount of lies and propaganda can stop this movement. You better be prepared for change.

Sai Buhari!

9 Likes

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 01, 2015
Why and how is this a sweet truth?

1 Like

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2015
iluvnaija:

How can you start the new year by displaying your level of cluelessness? Oh! I see. You are really dumb to know that during his days life was sweeter than now. Back in the days Nigerians were respected all over the world. Back in the days, our parents go to work, come back during break for lunch, go back to work and salaries and allowances are paid promptly. Back in the days hard work is rewarded and no one is looking for shortcut to success. Back in the days our moral and cultural values were respected. Back in the days our currency was above the dollar. Back in the days corrupt leaders were being punished. I can go on and on.

No amount of lies and propaganda can stop this movement. You better be prepared for change.

Sai Buhari!
Are you sure about all these? To the most important of claims. What do you mean when you say that life was sweeter in his days in comparison to now?

1 Like

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by blemon44(m): 11:46am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
Are you sure about all these? To the most important of claims. What do you mean when you say that life was sweeter in his days in comparison to now?

please ask him ooo
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by theunusualmoon(m): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2015
iluvnaija:

Sai Buhari!
Your parents used to come home for lunch during break and go back to work......How is this something admirable?
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by Adminisher: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:

Much better. If you dont know that you will make me weep in sympathy for you.
In 1975 I visited my aunty at UI, I had to phone the room from the reception, I was called up into what would be a three star hotel now with only two people in the room. When her husband started work he bought his brand new Peugeot 404 car after the first year. Traveling abroad was so common place, Sabena Air used to do almost daily flights loaded with Nigerian market women who could still speak good English to shopping centres in Europe.
Naira was 55kobo to the Dollar in 1977. I first experienced power failure in 1976 and it was major news, even in the villages power was mostly regular. In Primary school, we had free government subsidized lunch on zero school fees, secondary shool I had free books throughout 1975 to 1979. Even the removal of subsidized lunch from universities in 1980 was a very big issue and caused problems for the middle class.

The long and short of it is so much as been stolen from the young generation by so few in so short a time and they either don't know it or they even welcome it.

3 Likes

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by theunusualmoon(m): 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
Adminisher:

In 1975 I visited my aunty at UI, I had to phone the room from the reception, I was called up into what would be a three star hotel now with only two people in the room. When her husband started work he bought his brand new Peugeot 404 car after the first year. Traveling abroad was so common place, Sabena Air used to do almost daily flights loaded with Nigerian market women who could still speak good English to shopping centres in Europe.
Naira was 55kobo to the Dollar in 1977. I first experienced power failure in 1976 and it was major news, even in the villages power was mostly regular. In Primary school, we had free government subsidized lunch on zero school fees, secondary shool I had free books throughout 1975 to 1979. Even the removal of subsidized lunch from universities in 1980 was a very big issue and caused problems for the middle class.

The long and short of it is so much as been stolen from the young generation by so few in so short a time and they either don't know it or they even welcome it.
But GMB was not in power during the years you listed.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by cosmatika(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
''QUESTIONS I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ABOUT
BUHARI
Can someone who REFUSED to ATTEND OPUTA
PANEL when invited talk about justice
Can someone whose statements are loaded with
VIOLENCE assure peace
Can someone who promised he would ensure that
SHARIA LAW gets to all part of the country tolerate
people from other religion
Can someone that asked MUSLIMS TO VOTE ONLY
MUSLIM be voted for by other religion?
Can someone that put Shagari in HOUSE ARREST
and DR Alex Ekwueme in PRISON be absolved of
tribal sentiments?
Can someone who used retroactive laws to KILL
PEOPLE be trusted with our lives?
Can someone who says FIGHTING TERRORISM is
against his people be allowed to be in charge of
this country
Can someone who executed 75% of PTF projects in
the NORTH and distributed the remaining 25%
among other regions when he was the PTF
chairman be allowed to take charge of all projects
in the country
Can someone who as a military head of state who
knows he would be overthrown but COULD NOT
DO ANYTHING because his deputy was not around
be classified as courageous?
Can someone who says ACN is corrupt but
because of his presidential ambition now surrounds
himself with ACN thieves be ABLE TO FIGHT
CORRUPTION?
Can someone who as head of PTF DID NOT KNOW
how billions of Naira got missing be trusted with
our entire wealth as president
Can someone who could not allow the economic of
demand, supply and internal production factors to
determine the prices of commodities but used
SOLDIERS TO FORCE price control be able to
handle present economic challenges??
Can someone who did not allow his government be
criticised and UNJUSTLY ARRESTED those who
criticised his government be given that opportunity
to lead again,etc?
Honestly, Buhari is NOT the RIGHT person.''

1 Like

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by galadima77(m): 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
this OP must have had a terrible upbringing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
Adminisher:

My generation will disagree with you. I may agree that they were some good things which could have been made better now but to agree that life was sweeter doesn't go right with me.

First, where was your freedom of expression? A place where an expression demeaning the current government cannot speak of enjoyment. You get bullied by the military for being on the other side of the divide. One of the greatest gift man has is freewill and any attempt to control it is grave injustice to human existence. Right now, I can say whatever I feel about the president and go away with it.

Second, I refuse to agree that their was constant power supply even in the villages. Logically, if this is true then surely as kids growing up I must have seen the power lines and the dams generating the power. I think, without trying to insult anybody, our fathers overrate the past.

Third, how could life be sweeter without the Internet? You may overlook it but my generation often wonder on how boring life would have been for you guys.

These things make life enjoyable. You dont give me, even, every neccesity for existence but then tell me when to express them and go afterwards to claim that you have a sweeter life to your son who have some of the necessities but is not held from expression.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by jamace(m): 5:29pm On Jan 01, 2015
Reyginus:
Why and how is this a sweet truth?
It is sweet because it is the truth for wise men. The bitter truth is, must Buhari tell lies inorder to get to power? Is he not being corrupt?

Buhari has become a political liar.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by spenca: 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
blemon44:

I honestly appraise you for the fundamental fact you hold here that each time GMB had been given the opportunity to serve he did at each time untaintedly, again he has come in this time of dispare to ask you to put him there not to become a failure but to make the wrongs you experience now right , because he is the better person for the job right now , if for a second you can produce anyone better than him , am sure he would oblige you by stepping down but right now op I don't see anyone. At the beginning of your write up I was beginning to think you were on a neutral ground buh you messed up your objective stance at the end.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by akinvest(m): 6:33pm On Jan 01, 2015
Well, Buhari is not the change we want in Nigeria. I think he should emulate IBB now b/4 its 2 late for him.
Re: A Sweet Truth About Buhari by artnigeria: 7:19pm On Jan 01, 2015

(1) (Reply)

First Lady Patience Jonathan Is At It Again – Funny / Presidency To Ezekwesili: Fighting Terrorism, Insurgency Not Football Match / Buhari Back From UK Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.