Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) (60786 Views)

New Year: What Is The Situation Of Banger In Your Area? / Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Bird Turns To Woman After Electric Shock In Oshodi, Lagos (graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by AndreRose(f): 3:48am On Jan 02, 2015
valdetino:

So u hv not lighted a banger b4?
Nope.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by vanstanzy(m): 3:49am On Jan 02, 2015
authe911:
Earlier today two children were rushed to an hospital all because they were happy throwing bangers or knock outs, it turned out to be a sad new year for them when it exploded right in their hands. The first boy was 8years old while the other was 7years old. They were not actually together, two separate incidents. I guess it's no more banger be that

You should hear the explosion of the kinda 12 round Knock-outs they have these days. Explodes just like a bomb. shocked shocked shocked shocked We really have to do something to curb this ugly trend and save these guys from themselves, since they have refused to hear. The most annoying part is full-fledged adults still blowing knock-outs and intimidating people. Thank God boko haram did not capitalise on this festive season to infilrate the market with IED's in the name of knock-outs.
So sorry for them poor boys! embarassed embarassed embarassed
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by vanstanzy(m): 3:58am On Jan 02, 2015
BANGER DANGER!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Oga Banger is very dangerous o, while my sister's injury wasn't this bad, it was scary at the time.
No state in Nigeria has the kind of usage for Banger like lagos state... damn old days.. Played lots of dangerous stunts such as heading one thrown at me or kicking it just before the first b.a.ng. So many of my peers did that. fortunately, I never sustained any injury. I thank God say I leave Surulere... else, I would have become some cold hard bad boy. Sometimes, I wonder if I retrogressed. cos as kid growing up, I did lots of dangerous stunts mostly due to peer pressure, including one that could have claimed my life as a result of jumping off the back of a moving pickup and hitting my head on the ground. Imagine if a vehicle was coming from behind me... I was less that 14 at that time... There was one that saw me Jumping fence from a neighbour's compound into a mosque. The spear shape metal on the fence could have pierced my diaphragm had I forcefully let off.

I became too cool after leaving Lawanson, Surulere... what a life.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by nnemak(m): 5:50am On Jan 02, 2015
pawesome:
abegi...OP,u no try at all...dis isnt banger joh..mayb sumtin else buh certainly nt banger...do u knw hw many times i held banger in ma hand n let it go off while i ws a kid?..dose ranging frm 3 sounds upwards....speaking frm experience.... n lemme say again,dis ISNT BANGER
Have you taken time to listen to the sound of these day's "knock-out or Banger"! They are not same! I also held them back in the days and lit till it explod! But the once of these days sound more than guns!

I know for sure since I was a kid Government had alway placed a ban and people sell but not at current rate. I saw peeps hawking giant ones( those that look like semi space luncher) on lekki ajah express road! And when I got caught on traffic I asked one of the hawkers how he managed to be selling contraban openly. He answered me saying " bros no be me import am or allow am enter 9ja o, even Fashola dey use am, if u want buy talk"
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by udysweet(f): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2015
Omg! Dis children will not hear word! Some of dem evn steal dis mony to buy it. I can't evn hold dat stuff in my hand let alone light it. If I see dos kids arnd I sternly warn dem to allow me pass jejely or na beta knock for dem skull! The thing is most of dem,evn adults too,use it to look for trouble by lighting it and throwing at passers by. Dey will mak u scamper for safety like a rat who just escaped frm a trap or an antelope dodging the hunters bullet,lmao!

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by pretty050(f): 6:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Imagine the pain they ve to go thru, speaking from experience but mine was not bloody, just burns and swollen. Learnt my lesson as a child not to be arnd knock out. The danger is better not experienced

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by DaBullIT(m): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2015
My buds are pretty mad at me for not buying or throwing banger with them , grownups with kids , imagine how that felt , I just told them I'm expecting a baby I need all the cash I can keep
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by FOREXMARTS: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2015
authe911:
Earlier today two children were rushed to an hospital all because they were happy throwing bangers or knock outs, it turned out to be a sad new year for them when it exploded right in their hands. The first boy was 8years old while the other was 7years old. They were not actually together, two separate incidents. I guess it's no more banger be that

You just got banned nigglets. Dumbos been throwing that shii on my roof yesterday.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by abbeymighty(m): 7:28am On Jan 02, 2015
authe911:
see the effect of these, and what is the enjoyment in it?
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by samplegirl(f): 7:39am On Jan 02, 2015
bbello28:
Oh boy cry its high time banger got banned in nigeria undecided

Buh I doubt If banger caused dat 2nd boy's case

No it is a high time parents trained their children the Bible way (PROV 22:15)

Any commodity that dosen't have patronage will cease to come to market.

2 Likes

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by seangy4konji: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2015
Na drone attack.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by freecocoa(f): 7:54am On Jan 02, 2015
2sExy1:
No state in Nigeria has the kind of usage for Banger like lagos state... damn old days.. Played lots of dangerous stunts such as heading one thrown at me or kicking it just before the first b.a.ng. So many of my peers did that. fortunately, I never sustained any injury. I thank God say I leave Surulere... else, I would have become some cold hard bad boy. Sometimes, I wonder if I retrogressed. cos as kid growing up, I did lots of dangerous stunts mostly due to peer pressure, including one that could have claimed my life as a result of jumping off the back of a moving pickup and hitting my head on the ground. Imagine if a vehicle was coming from behind me... I was less that 14 at that time... There was one that saw me Jumping fence from a neighbour's compound into a mosque. The spear shape metal on the fence could have pierced my diaphragm had I forcefully let off.

As in eh grin, thank God for your life o.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Sunnybabe(m): 7:57am On Jan 02, 2015
HOLY MARY
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2015
holatin:
blood of chisos

This is a bad sight.

Banger should be renamed explosive

phinerd pls cum

Bangers ARE explosives...

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by holatin(m): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2015
og2711:

Bangers ARE explosives...
read between d line sir
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Deejaygold(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2015
Jesus Christ! It's high time they banned this thing OOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo NDLA take note cry
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by TrishaP(f): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2015
Darkrebel:

they should have thrown the knock out immediately it was lighted
. I see some people light it and hold it purposely.. prolly to show off to their friends
That's kids for you. They can play with virtually everything.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by TrishaP(f): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2015
XRAY21:

But there were to throw it na not hold it it there fault
We can't blame them. At that stage curiosity is their major problem.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 02, 2015
jeeez! na banger do dis one or dynamite?
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by EverestdeBliu(m): 8:57am On Jan 02, 2015
JESU!
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by frederick106(m): 8:59am On Jan 02, 2015
mikron:
Shocking. I suspect those ones they call bomb caused this. Those things are deadly. They should be banned.
Owk
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Afrobasic(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Liar liar...

Banger has exploded many times in my hand, and it only caused temporary deafness. Never did I get injured once.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by valdetino(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2015
AndreRose:

Nope.

Ok 1 day u will.
Just try it out is fun.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2015
I doubt if banger caused the second boys wound..the first is sure thing..classic banger wound.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by lozanni(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2015
I realised at a very early age that bangers could be very dangerous.
Back then I will light a banger, use a small plastic plate to cover it before scampering for safety.
When the banger explodes, it will throw the plastic plate very far into the air, far above the height of our house then, a single story building.
Eventually, the plastic plate will land on the ground badly damaged.
I thought to myself, then, that this must be a mini-dynamite and must be handled with so much caution.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by lozanni(m): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2015
2sExy1:

My guy, you are a real surulere brought up boy, like myself. Infact, back then we used to have inter-street competition, where Calabar street boys will continuosly haul bangers at us, Raufu Williams Crescent boys, we also throw ours at them.
Sometimes, we will pick the bangers thrown at us and fling them back into the opposing street, some unlucky ones had those bangers explode in their hands!!!
The above banger battles all happened somewhere off Adelabu street around Alhaji Masha, surulere.
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Wisegeek01(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2015
kr0ne:
I doubt banger could cause damage of this magnitude. Unless it's the one they call 'bomb', as large as a big radio battery. Er.... undecided this look more like an accident

I don't fear banger, but dt one you say they call "BOMB" shocked it's something else*
One Christmas lyk dt my Neighbour bought it, I was impressed at the sight at first but when the first one went off, omo I run go inside house shap shap!!

For me Banger is a no go area for now, I think its Fading"
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by loomer: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2015
sad
Re: Effect Of Banger (graphic Pictures) by Donreiy: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2015
this reminds me of what nearly happened to me at the back of nicon Hilton (unity Fountain) I think 2009 then style plus came to perform. just after they finished performing it was crossover to 2012. come see fire works. I don't believe there was any type that wasn't blown that day. as you all know in Abuja there are enough agebors. when they light their knockout they trow it off immediately I will then pick it and use it to form agbanti. not till some one tree bomb. I almost picked it when it exploded. upon that it gave me enough blisters. what if I had picked it? no be person con tell me make I go rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) / Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / Snake In The Neighborhood. Becareful! It's Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.