Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (56224 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
GodMode:

Anyone can enter a train and snap pictures then get down... The OP its cost #650.. don't u find it odd that the train is not full since it's not expensive...
I think you dont know what the East looks like during Christmas/NewYear. Most people are in their villages so you wont find the traffic you expect to see on that route at this time.

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by reemix123(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
munas:
Its new year and guys are traveling to spend time and celebrate with family and friends.
A friend of my just sent in these picture about his journey from Port Harcourt To Enugu yesterday
in the new train.

Below are the pictures

How long did it take ? Did it stop at any stations along the way ?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Blackfire(m): 4:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
with this news,some people will hug transformer, jona u are wicked oh

4 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by MilitaryMinded(m): 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
ceejayluv:

Oliver twist... Over thirty years of rot should be revamped in a few years? Rail projects are heavily capital intensive. Power sector has been privatised.. It's left for the private firms to invest billions of dollars (cost of large scale generation installation averages about 1 - 2 million dollars per megawatt. And we need 50,000 megawatts to even scratch the surface)... Those village roads you're talking of aren't federal roads, divert the criticism to your LG and state govt.

You may be right to an extent. That said, the past four years have not been any better from the previous 12 or so of PDP rule and I can't tell you I see evidence of any change. Am not satisfied with whatever achievements GEJ have (and he has made some). Let us try somebody different.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Hilles(m): 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.

well thought..well said...wish people could reason first, before criticising

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Jhayeahsam01(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
nijar is great

jona dey try
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Hilles(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
MilitaryMinded:

You may be right to an extent. That said, the past four years have not been any better from the previous 12 or so of PDP rule and I can't tell you I see evidence of any change. Am not satisfied with whatever achievements GEJ have (and he has made some). Let us try somebody different.

definitely not buhari shaa

5 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by osimataylor(m): 4:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Only the blind ,deaf and dumb that will not see ,hear or talk about GEJ numerous achievements .Haters must die.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by DWJOBScom(m): 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
MadCow1:

That babe in the black tee shirt breeast na matter on National Security o.. grin

See as the guy sef just dey happy for nothing.. The source of ehn joy no be the train ride but the mammary glands wey dey next to am..

Ajo nwa........lol
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by sarutobie(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chylo:

Ok, you seem to be a reasonable person, so lemme try to reason with you. What is this known reason you refer to? and if it is known, why does it still persist?

You say corruption is hackneyed and regurgitated (which simply means it is an overused term), but that is not a solution, nor does it mean a solution is no longer required. Corruption, no matter how hackneyed, is still our major problem. I can list specific instances of deliberate lack of will to fight it, but I'm sure you know them as well as I do. So, what I'm saying is, in my opinion, change is the way to go. If one person hasn't made much progress after 6 years in office, why should I reasonably think the next 4 would be any different? And dont tell me 6 years is not enough time. The Niger bridge was built in 6 months by Balewa, even IBB constructed the third mainland bridge (longest bridge in Africa till today) in less than 2 years - still doesn't mean IBB was a good president. Buhari was in office for less than 2 years, and his work is still being hailed. 6 years is definitely more than enough time to transform Nigeria!!!
with all due respect sir, what are buhari's "hailed" works? did he improve our railways? did he improve our airways? were we having 24/7 power supply? was extortion and cultism absent from our tertiary institutions? is there ANY of his "hailed" works which was felt (and and can be felt) by the people today? did the much touted PTF help the northern kids littered on the streets yesterday and today?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Montaque(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
Good development. Atleast this will lessen the prayer points of all these miracle hawkers praying against road accident.
So u see,some of the prayers are unnecessary,if we have dividends of democracy in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by sanmibukunmi: 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sentiments apart I fink the Gej administration has finally equalled or even surpassed Obj administration in its achievements.....Now who ever wins dis years elections should just build on it and our transport system will be revolutionised. Forget abt d fact dt D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are locomotive engines we can only use what we have. Kudos to Jona but may d best candidate win on Valentines day.....

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by shevon: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

3 hours from PH to Enugu for just N650
Who cares if it was done under Jonathan's administration or not, what is important is that itis here and it is working.
Abeg, where the train station dey for PHC?

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
GodMode:

With the way gej publicises the smallest commissioning... gej would have been at the forefront of this... all the media outlets would have publicised it if gej was involved...

People enter trains in lagos like ants... are you saying that people are not living in enugu or PH...

This reeks of pdp propaganda...
I know your aim now... #RunsAway

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Jwonder(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
ILRNZH:
How do I know these are pics from Port Harcourt and Enugu?

Idiot... Check the 3rd pix and u will see a port-harcourt sign board..
Smelloss!!!!!!!.........Go and die of hate.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by MilitaryMinded(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hilles:

definitely not buhari shaa

So you would rather settle for this mediocrity??....am not even a big fan of Buhari, I just feel we have seen what GEJ has to offer ( which isn't much ) and we should now see someone else...MHO
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by HOTWATER(m): 4:55pm On Jan 02, 2015
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by londoner: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
There vids of the journey to.

Its also the same type of train (same interior) that Vice President and Peter Obi (I think) took picture inside the other day. It was reprted to be a train for the PH to Enugu route.

Those talking about seats, for journeys over an hour, trust me, it needs to be cushioned seats and not the hard plastic ones. Those of us used to train travel abroad know first hand, that the use of soft seating on this journey was the right decision.

Trains abroad get dirty, but they are cleaned. Some more than others.....lol

There are other new trains in Nigeria, meant for shorter journeys that do have the plastic seating. True to form though, Nigerians on those threads still complained and even post pics of the most advanced trains in asia, to somehow prove that it is nothing.

Lol. Some people are never pleased......lol

6 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by incredibleace(m): 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

3 hours from PH to Enugu for just N650

Did d train stop @ imo state briefly?or was it a direct train from PH to Enugu?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Hilles(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
MilitaryMinded:

So you would rather settle for this mediocrity??....am not even a big fan of Buhari, I just feel we have seen what GEJ has to offer ( which isn't much ) and we should now see someone else...MHO

niqqa what has buhari achieved for himself..he's a total failure, at least he showed the world that by declaration of his assets, that dude can't even manage himself what can he bring to the fore economy wise..

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by OGEmerald(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
prof1990:

And it took 6yrs to get those over fairly used (another country's)dump u call trains to nigeria
Obj was the president of Nigeria for 8yrs I didn't see a moving (Train) all through the 8yrs.Don't come here to comment trash cuz your seeking likes from people with same mind set with u.Common sense is truly not common.

7 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by xandy84: 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2015
I most times find it difficult to comprehend why we Niegrian find it difficult to appraise issue objectively..
You don't have to be PDP member to see GEJ has record achievement in some sector and give him the credit and also fault him where he has not perform.

I can authoritatively say that the trains in the pictures are of the same levels of trains that commute in Chicago called Metra. And for the records, only few cities in USA have bullet trains and so someone expecting bullet trains in the state of Nigeria's economy is for such person to be a dreamer..

8 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2015
Foolish trains for foolish Nigerians!! grin angry I'll rather trek to Enugu than enter some rickty old and abandoned locomotives . Calling those locomotives, train, is even an embarrassment to Gautrain of Johannesburg. Go there and see what they call train grin grin
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
prof1990:

And it took 6yrs to get those over fairly used (another country's)dump u call trains to nigeria

Just to inform u that the interior of that train is better than the interiors of the A, L & N trains here in NY yet people happily ride on them so learn to appreciate good things when u see one and for ur information that train is for Nigerians and not for pdp nor apc.

Finally, pdp + apc = same thieves.

5 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by MilitaryMinded(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hilles:

niqqa what has buhari achieved for himself..he's a total failure, at least he showed the world that by declaration of his assets, that dude can't even manage himself what can he bring to the fore economy wise..

LOL.....funny....it is not a requirement for every politician to be stinkingly rich...#JustSaying
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by LAX89(m): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.

Haba, Nigerians! If they had put plastic now, you'll complain and demand cushion or leather, now you have cushion and you complain that you prefer plastic. Who said cushion cannot be cleaned, the big long-haul (Luxurious) buses and airlines in Nigeria has cushion, and they're mostly well maintained. Decolonize your mind my friend, we mustn't copy everything verbatim the way western countries do it.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
LAX89:

Haba, Nigerians! If they had put plastic now, you'll complain and demand cushion or leather, now you have cushion and you complain that you prefer plastic. Who said cushion cannot be cleaned, the big long-haul (Luxurious) buses and airlines in Nigeria has cushion, and they're mostly well maintained. Decolonize your mind my friend, we mustn't copy everything verbatim the way western countries do it.

God bless u!
Most Nigerians are just so impossible, they see nothing good in anything.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Fellywood(m): 5:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Don't be an hypocrite, if someone has done something good applaud him...

You don't go about calling him clueless for something like this, let always be objective while commenting, rather than been blinded by your support for GMB and see no good in what GEJ does...

#my 2kobo
Unfortunately, they will all bite the dust come February

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Lisaflex(f): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
GodMode:

With the way gej publicises the smallest commissioning... gej would have been at the forefront of this... all the media outlets would have publicised it if gej was involved...

People enter trains in lagos like ants... are you saying that people are not living in enugu or PH...

This reeks of pdp propaganda...
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
londoner:
There vids of the journey to.

Its also the same type of train (same interior) that Vice President and Peter Obi (I think) took picture inside the other day. It was reprted to be a train for the PH to Enugu route.

Those talking about seats, for journeys over an hour, trust me, it needs to be cushioned seats and not the hard plastic ones. Those of us used to train travel abroad know first hand, that the use of soft seating on this journey was the right decision.

Trains abroad get dirty, but they are cleaned. Some more than others.....lol

There are other new trains in Nigeria, meant for shorter journeys that do have the plastic seating. True to form though, Nigerians on those threads still complained and even post pics of the most advanced trains in asia, to somehow prove that it is nothing.

Lol. Some people are never pleased......lol

Brilliant
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
xandy84:
I most times find it difficult to comprehend why we Niegrian find it difficult to appraise issue objectively..
You don't have to be PDP member to see GEJ has record achievement in some sector and give him the credit and also fault him where he has not perform.

I can authoritatively say that the trains in the pictures are of the same levels of trains that commute in Chicago called Metra. And for the records, only few cities in USA have bullet trains and so someone expecting bullet trains in the state of Nigeria's economy is for such person to be a dreamer..

God bless u!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

See What This Nigerian Did At Lagos Airport After Being Deported From Libya / See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics) / 10-Year-Old Girl Killed By Ekod Koko Dan, A Bank Manager (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.