Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (56212 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Johnpaul88:
I don't really know why Nigerian government can never look at the big picture. They will rather spend billions to resuscitate an outdated locomotives like GEJ have done than trying to add more money to those billions and deliver a world class facilities like what we see in South Africa. Who in their right mind uses locomotives when they can easily upgrade to something more standard!

Before you deliver world class facility you have yo have world class thinking

So do we have already stated that speed rails need electricity and this dude is trying to rectify electricity that obasanjo missed
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bro stop making a mince meat of Urself here ..development comes in phases

We have Abuja Kano rail also and we have the one that links Lagos and Ogun

What do you really want

What the hell is damn wrong with people
I think the poster that quoted me earlier does not agree with you. he thinks there's nothing the government can do about it since that's how the British left it.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
robosky02:

haters will always have a way of seeing the negative

if GEJ put plastic chair you'll say its cushion they use abroad

now we have a cushion here were you can seat for more than a hour without pain to your ass
yet they are asking for pastic

na waooo

abeg God pass devil oh

Don't mind him

At least I have been abroad ..the plastic chairs are for inter city trains but inter state and inter country rails use cushion chairs like the ones you get in planes

They are negative thinkers ..I think the train is on point

Do you know that they burn a train here in Ogun state just that they increased a fair from Abeokuta to Lagos

They won't pay for the train but these people criticise

They will hang on the train instead of paying

I know them . They don't appreciate good things

4 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by slimfit1(m): 8:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
kahanma:

My friend shut the f***k up and learn to appreciate your own thing. That same locomotive trains are what great Russians are still using for interstate transportation.
Criticise logically before I start looking for your a$$$..

You are a typical pdp and jeg fan we are not in the same class young man.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

I think the poster that quoted me earlier does not agree with you. he thinks there's nothing the government can do about it since that's how the British left it.

How

I know that developement comes in phases and before you site a train station you look at economic viability of the area

It is only a crazy government that will site a train station at ilesan neglating sagamu

Its just economics of the routes

These dudes don't just think

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Before you deliver world class facility you have yo have world class thinking

So do we have already stated that speed rails need electricity and this dude is trying to rectify electricity that obasanjo missed
He's spent 6 years in office but he's yet to better Obj achievements in electricity despite all the noise about some useless privatisations. Nigerians are yet to feel the impact
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
Johnpaul88:
He's spent 6 years in office but he's yet to better Obj achievements in electricity despite all the noise about some useless privatisations. Nigerians are yet to feel the impact

Can you tell me your yardstick for measurement or comparison

4 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

If you live in Nigeria or have relations that live in Nigeria, you won't need any yardstick. Evidences will stare you in the face
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

So basic literacy is your problem?
Or you didn't read the part of my post where is mentioned that there is currently an ongoing standard gauge rail project which will link Lagos with the entire South East and Niger Delta? Of course how will you know any of this? People like you don't follow news, don't keep up with ccurrent affairs, don't know that the Chinese PM signed the $13.1bn rail construction deal with President Jonathan during the WEF in Abuja. You won't know what Owerri is one of the cities to be linked by that standard gauge line which is much faster than this newly refurbished narrow gauge line.

All you know how to do is come on Nairaland and yarn opaks all day long about "our leaders" as if you're any better than them

Clueless mofo. Abeg don't even quote me. Your IQ is too low.

6 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Look at his post history and stop wasting your time.

You're exchanging precious kb with an internet troll.

4 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by festico: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
gej till he get tired of ruling nigeria angry

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
rickkid:

Look at his post history and stop wasting your time.

You're exchanging precious kb with an internet troll.

You ain't got nothing to say bro..they can be nasty sometimes and they will not reason

He ain't got nothing to say
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
rickkid:

Or you didn't read the part of my post where is mentioned that there is currently an ongoing standard gauge rail project which will link Lagos with the entire South East and Niger Delta? Of course how will you know any of this? People like you don't follow news, don't keep up with ccurrent affairs, don't know that the Chinese PM signed the $13.1bn rail construction deal with President Jonathan during the WEF in Abuja. You won't know what Owerri is one of the cities to be linked by that standard gauge line which is much faster than this newly refurbished narrow gauge line.

All you know how to do is come on Nairaland and yarn opaks all day long about "our leaders" as if you're any better than them

Lol

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Johnpaul88:
If you live in Nigeria or have relations that live in Nigeria, you won't need any yardstick. Evidences will stare you in the face

What evidence ...I am on ground

Give me parameters for comparison

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by munas: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
It's imperative to note that you have to be going from Port hacourt to Enugu or anywhere else to use that plane. If you live in Owerri, you have to take a bus back to PH to board the train. Sometimes, our leaders just reason in reverse. It's obvious this project is a perception one. One that we're supposed to see pictures such as this and say "WOW, this is pretty good". A project becomes a project when it touches at least 50% of the population not when a sprinkle of people make use of it. I want to see these trains constantly in every city in the country to applaud. Until, then i'll have to sit on my hand.

Thats not true bro.
There are train stations along the route.One of them is imo river station.

Lastly...the last time i entered a train was in 1988 from Kaduna to Enugu.
Just take your time to read about the 6 years and 25 years railway master plan for Nigeria and you will see that its on point.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by jayAjoku(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
akaahs:
Clueless president wit old mentality. Mr president we need electric train not locomotive train. GMB 2015
STFU dude see ur mouth like gmb old mentality fire

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by 2kris(m): 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
slimfit1:
Locomotive not dmc abeg make ena comot for road complete foolishness to come here and brag jeg till 2019 my ass. Gmb 2015 I say.
in sumary u be toto

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
It's imperative to note that you have to be going from Port hacourt to Enugu or anywhere else to use that plane. If you live in Owerri, you have to take a bus back to PH to board the train. Sometimes, our leaders just reason in reverse. It's obvious this project is a perception one. One that we're supposed to see pictures such as this and say "WOW, this is pretty good". A project becomes a project when it touches at least 50% of the population not when a sprinkle of people make use of it. I want to see these trains constantly in every city in the country to applaud. Until, then i'll have to sit on my hand.

Can't believe u of all people will make such comment above!
Development starts from somewhere first before it spreads.
Must everything be criticized even when it is laudable?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bro stop making a mince meat of Urself here ..development comes in phases

We have Abuja Kano rail also and we have the one that links Lagos and Ogun

What do you really want

What the hell is damn wrong with people

Help me ask am oooo
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
rickkid:

Lol
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Xano(m): 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

3 hours from PH to Enugu for just N650
Awesome. God continue to bless President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. God bless Nigeria.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Habeyy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
GodMode:

Even China uses the west as a standard... Stop commenting rubbish...
sorry bro u are messing up
look at the Asian market now the tech advancement..look at the engineering brilliance of China ..the creativity of the Japanese in making fuel efficient vehicles..the internet revolution in southkorea..a country that has one of the world fastest internet speed ....many more...in d areas of military hardware,Asian countries are making fighter jet that can compete and also cheaper to western ones...even the likes of apple are facing tough task of competing with Asian producers
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by viktuur(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2015
Boss,
I think they use plastic chaira for journeys of about 10mins to 1hrs.
Anything more is 'cushined' for comfort.
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by simdam500(m): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2015
GEJ doing well but his enemies are too blinded to see it
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Hembelembe: 9:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
akaahs:
Clueless president wit old mentality. Mr president we need electric train not locomotive train. GMB 2015
Go and listen to M.I's new track "BAD BELLE"
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by slimfit1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2015
2kris:
in sumary u be toto

Typical PDP style of response
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by GodMode: 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
Habeyy:
sorry bro u are messing up
look at the Asian market now the tech advancement..look at the engineering brilliance of China ..the creativity of the Japanese in making fuel efficient vehicles..the internet revolution in southkorea..a country that has one of the world fastest internet speed ....many more...in d areas of military hardware,Asian countries are making fighter jet that can compete and also cheaper to western ones...even the likes of apple are facing tough task of competing with Asian producers

Tech is about trial and error... They copy Americans that's the reason for their tech boom.

They put their own ideas into what they copy.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by elnino3(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
MadCow1:

That babe in the black tee shirt breeast na matter on National Security o.. grin

See as the guy sef just dey happy for nothing.. The source of ehn joy no be the train ride but the mammary glands wey dey next to am..
Your eye ehn!!!!... I had to go back to see what you meant.... U no well o
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Splashme: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
Very lovely

GEJ till 2019
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by walexGodson(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=ceasarho post=29424607][/quote]
Na simple question I ask u dey call call me enemy of progress,,,I knw u knw d truth inside ur hearth
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by kahanma(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
slimfit1:

You are a typical pdp and jeg fan we are not in the same class young man.

That's when u get it wrong. I don't belong to any of them. If you wanna criticise, make it with some logical facts and not what you heard from someone alright. Be modernise with your argument.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by odiyaka(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
Collynzo9:

3 hours from PH to Enugu for just N650
Thank you @Collynzo9 I asked the question for d sake of been informed. While one @wheredemdey made some not to good comment to answer just a question. How did we get to this stage. smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics) / Share Your Testimony Here. / See What This Nigerian Did At Lagos Airport After Being Deported From Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.