Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (56238 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by SavageGarden(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
This is nice....whoever is responsible for this...be it GEJ ...just .wanna say a big thank You....
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by 2kris(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
slimfit1:

Typical PDP style of response
am no pdp fan.if goodluck win or loose it doesnt add a thing to my life,acc or achievement so when u see good thing appreciate...buhari did well with ptdf and so on i appreciated it so guy no tk diz politicz thing for ur head
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
temitemi1:
All hail GEJ!!!

Dis is a good one. D interior is biutifull. But wait, does it mean those trains dat looks like jet are allergic to our rail track? Why are dey always bringing in those locomotive kind of train dat are used in India? Pls if i dnt see speed train dat looks like jet den i'm out!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by londoner: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ologunjude:
I rode a train from Enugu to PH 10 years ago when schooled there. The track are still there. So just changing the train itself is an achievement. Am not discrediting this government. But for people to think this is a major mile stone is funny after six years in office.

Ok, so between ten years ago and now, when was the last time you even had the option of riding the train between Enugu and PH?

Did the interior of the train you rode look the same as this one or the newer green ones?

The tracks that the Chinese have just completed up north, were also there ten years ago, right?

The fact that someone rehabilitates something that others had the same chance to do but failed, does not mean that effort should be rubbished?

Is it not the same way that if under GEJ a national carrier is sucessfully created that you will say......"I travelled to London on Nigeria airways as a kid, so this is nothing"?

Is it also if refineries are rehabilitated and restores that people will say, "this is nothing, it was planned in 1982 under Buhari, or in 1990 under OBJ"?

Better still, when you begin to enjoy stable electricity under a GEJ administration, will you not say, "it was all in place already, he has achieved nothing"?

The main reason that the above elements in Nigerian society have been lacking is because of the lack of continuity between presidents. GEJ has finally made sure that at least in some areas, a future administration will not have to tread the EXACT same ground again.

FOR ONCE Nigeria can record some progress built on a previous administration or continuity that delivers some new dividends.

For that, GEJ's administration has made a step in the right direction.

7 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by londoner: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
StoneColdBiceps:

Dis is a good one. D interior is biutifull. But wait, does it mean those trains dat looks like jet are allergic to our rail track? Why are dey always bringing in those locomotive kind of train dat are used in India? Pls if i dnt see speed train dat looks like jet den i'm out!

Does the Nigerian city or town seem to you as if it can handle the look of a jet looking train?

With people carting their "Ghana must go" full of wears and stockfish between towns?

Please, a bullet train will only make the Nigerian environment look worse in comparison.

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by zheroes(m): 10:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Sealeddeal:
this is lovely. We are moving ahead.
Thats why i said that electing Buhari on Feb will be a set back to GEJ's achievements and plans.
Sai GEJ!
i disagree, are you expecting him to rule for life? he will always have unfinished projects that someone will conclude. my only problem is why has he become friends with thieves? i can only but call him one.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by zheroes(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
please can someone tell me how many hours was the trip let me know if its worth it? by road should be about 3hours, i hope it wont pack up after the elections if GEJ wins? because we are too crafty.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
wheredemdey:

Rome was not built in a day..development is a gradual process

Recall when gsm first came into nigeria..it was just some parts of lagos,abuja and ph that has erratic connectivity..it took 6yrs for the telecommunication companies to penetrate the entire nooks and crannies of nigeria...

Its 2015..purge yourselves of hate,bickering and mudslinging... wink wink

I tire oh for all these politifians thinking they can use this for campaign,whether they like it or not development must prevail,be it GEJ or GMB,beccos gone are the days we were kept in the dark,nowadays everything is on air and Nigerians don wise.imagine the buddy simcard I am using for this connection I bought for 40k in 2000,why?becos our eyes just dey open,so let's not give any kudos to any Govt as itstheir duty,don't let us see it as luxury as dey re still milking us from providing the services.until our govts learn to do things for the immediate benefit of the masses,then our future can be guaranteed,but when they create these to fund deir bills now,mismanagement will set in,from dose that are not happy D oga @ D top is chopping solo.
Lesson: Be it GEJ or. GMB development will always set in as that is the only choice they have for now
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Feraz(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
GodMode:

Tech is about trial and error... They copy Americans that's the reason for their tech boom.

They put their own ideas into what they copy.
Would you have said the same for your brothers down east?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by basketbrain(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
wheredemdey:

Rome was not built in a day..development is a gradual process

Recall when gsm first came into nigeria..it was just some parts of lagos,abuja and ph that has erratic connectivity..it took 6yrs for the telecommunication companies to penetrate the entire nooks and crannies of nigeria...

Its 2015..purge yourselves of hate,bickering and mudslinging... wink wink

Wait o oga your Rome would never be built if u keep on waiting
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by kurt09(m): 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2015
Make sense at least no hold up or police checking point
Collynzo9:

3 hours from PH to Enugu for just N650

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by donmalcolm21(m): 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
ILRNZH:
How do I know these are pics from Port Harcourt and Enugu?
if you fail to belive it then belive that the train is running in Nigeria. #HatersShallDie

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Dammyjohn(m): 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
Omo this one of the reasons I really love my President(Mr Goodluck Ebere Jonathan).He do what he says he will do.My president,till 2022.Up GEJ!!!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by nigerianvenom(m): 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
Aitee1:

cry cry cry

Mbok ke utua ke aya ofon.
D military really killed dis country,hence we were a mono economy state.
Check it out,which sector really worked exception of d oil sector and d civil service.
Gej is reviving d rail and dats job creation.
Many go come.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by rethra: 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
Good work.
Questions :
How much money was accrued to FG in 6 years of GET?
What's the cost of his achievements so far?
Power has improved, how many megawatts?
He is fighting bokoharam, he much did he claim to have spent? What is his achievement?
'Under his nose, how much has been lost to thieves (coz there's no corruption )....from bunkering to petty thieves in his government?
How many people have been punished for thieving by GET?
.......you can add your question. ..

If only the generations before me had embraced 'change ' the country will not be in this precarious state.
If I collected N1 billion and allow the status quo to continue I would have mortgage the future of this country.
There will not be a developed Nigeria where my children could enjoy the billions...
Who will bring the change?
What we need now is a John that has what it take to prepare the way for better Nigeria.
Who is this John?
GMB of course!
He is not perfect
He is old
He was a military dictator
He is 'poor'
He had failed several times
But he has what it takes yo kick-start the CHANGE!

Nigerians can't afford to endure the status quo for another 4 years before we start the change.

THINK
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Leo81(m): 12:26am On Jan 03, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Don't be an hypocrite, if someone has done something good applaud him...

You don't go about calling him clueless for something like this, let always be objective while commenting, rather than been blinded by your support for GMB and see no good in what GEJ does...

#my 2kobo
Hmmm my brother tell them.Cus that old wine in a new jar( Buhari) will not do this country any good. GEJ till 2019. Haters should go n hug transformer
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Aitee1: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2015
nigerianvenom:

Mbok ke utua ke aya ofon.
D military really killed dis country,hence we were a mono economy state.
Check it out,which sector really worked exception of d oil sector and d civil service.
Gej is reviving d rail and dats job creation.
Many go come.

Nno utom ke mbighi itua abba... cry cry cry
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by agabaI23(m): 12:51am On Jan 03, 2015
Aitee1:

Nno utom ke mbighi itua abba... cry cry cry
Abadia?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by uzolexis(f): 1:10am On Jan 03, 2015
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.

some trains abroad have cushion chairs too angry

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by agabaI23(m): 1:33am On Jan 03, 2015
uzolexis:

some trains abroad have cushion chairs too angry
Long distance trains do have cushions mostly and even short ones.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by kennynelcon(m): 1:40am On Jan 03, 2015
please call mbaka onu and show him this. Goodluck Ebere Johnathan till Nigeria gets better!!!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by shakazuldadon: 1:53am On Jan 03, 2015
wheredemdey:

that shows you the level of stagnation we are as a country..same way we still use tricycles as a means of transportation..same way we all drive fairly used cars...the rot has always been there..do not wish it away.

my brother..if all past leaders did half of what gej has done,we wont be here applauding locomotive trains in 2015..but heck..no past leader has set a standard for us..gej is currently our standard..though not too fantastic sadly he has set a standard in transportation,privatization of power etc.

kindly counter ma assertion with facts..i am open to learning.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by shakazuldadon: 1:57am On Jan 03, 2015
GodMode:

That train did not move.. gej's goons only snapped pictures in the refurbished train...

How do people believe that this picture is Nigeria

omg... kakakakakaka. una no go kill person.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by shakazuldadon: 2:12am On Jan 03, 2015
rickkid:

Brother, I am sorry for coming across that way but I feel personally disturbed that aat this crucial stage in our development, there are so many ignorant and under-productive people wasting space and air, parading themselves as "Nigerians".
We are now on the cusp of becoming this century's China. We are literally one 1000km standard gauge international railway line and a further 10,000MW of power away from seeing our economic growth rate hit double figures. That railway line is CURRENTLY under construction in stages if you're familiar with the national rail plan and will link Accra to Katsina when complete. The additional 10GW of power is not more than 6 years away as well if you've been keeping up with developments since the privatisation.
Nigeria is about to become a HUGE global player and Africa's premier and undisputed power house and the people inhabiting this country simply don't seem to know! They have no idea!!!!
Brother, how do you want me to respond when a Nigerian is watching the rail system come back to life under his nose and is busy asking "Is it locomotive or electrical?" What do you say to such cluelessness?!
Nigeria needs productive, informed people right now! Nigeria does not need ignorant people to drag it back now! Not now!

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 03, 2015
Johnpaul88:
If you live in Nigeria or have relations that live in Nigeria, you won't need any yardstick. Evidences will stare you in the face

kindly visit this thread and be informed
https://www.nairaland.com/2072516/225-hours-power-supply-ten/
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by wolexy2020(m): 4:40am On Jan 03, 2015
StoneColdBiceps:

Those are electric trains that travel at 300 miles/hr with mostly a different guage.. electric trains are not easy to build. They might take 2years to build a track from lagos to ibadan... talking about the electricity too. They have to run an overhead wire with the neutral connected to the track. Btw its expensive and Nigerians might end up not using it. Ordinary locomotive, people no enter talk more of electric.the price will be like 2500 compared to 650 ... hope its clear now undecided

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Capitano1(m): 5:03am On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm na wa
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by JayJustus(m): 5:22am On Jan 03, 2015
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.

lol...Here in Msia it's a cushion chair oooohhh...please don't come ranting that its plastic ehhh..all inland trains Herr are cushions...
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Bifwoli: 5:50am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari has a new train for Naija too but its wheels will come off on Feb 14th.

Lol, Buhari's 2nd hand train has an expiration date.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Sealeddeal(m): 7:00am On Jan 03, 2015
zheroes:
i disagree, are you expecting him to rule for life? he will always have unfinished projects that someone will conclude. my only problem is why has he become friends with thieves? i can only but call him one.
who are Buhari's friends? You mean they are angels? Nigeria political field is filled with many rogues including Tinubu,who is a major backer of Buhari. Buhari himself have alot of questions to answer.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2015
Normality:

kindly visit this thread and be informed
https://www.nairaland.com/2072516/225-hours-power-supply-ten/
Trash!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Turbocharged: 7:28am On Jan 03, 2015
wheredemdey:

that shows you the level of stagnation we are as a country..same way we still use tricycles as a means of transportation..same way we all drive fairly used cars...the rot has always been there..do not wish it away.

my brother..if all past leaders did half of what gej has done,we wont be here applauding locomotive trains in 2015..but heck..no past leader has set a standard for us..gej is currently our standard..though not too fantastic sadly he has set a standard in transportation,privatization of power etc.

kindly counter ma assertion with facts..i am open to learning.

Bros, God will increase ur wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics) / See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.