Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:46 AM

ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO (1868 Views)

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes / Boko Haram Fighters Have New Uniforms, Army Claims / David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by 9inches(m): 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
... Militants allegedly attended hospital in Mosul showing signs of disease
... WHO spokesman said they are trying to 'reach out' to officials in ISIS areas
... Disease reportedly brought to Mosul by 'terrorists from several countries'
... Extremist group said to have executed 11 Mosul doctors in past few weeks

The World Health Organisation is investigating reports that ISIS militants have been showing up at an Iraqi hospital with Ebola.

According to three media outlets an undisclosed number of militants displaying signs of the disease attended a hospital in the ISIS-held city of Mosul, 250 miles north of Baghdad.

While the reports, from Kurdish and pro-Iraqi sources, remain unconfirmed, WHO spokesman Christy Feig said the group are trying to reach out to officials in ISIS-held areas to offer help.

UN workers are currently banned from entering ISIS-controlled areas in both Iraq and Syria so it is unlikely an operation in the area could be carried out.

Ms Feig told Mashable: 'We have no official notification from [the Iraqi government] that it is Ebola.'
The symptoms of ebola are similar to those of other diseases including malaria and yellow fever.

Mosul has been under control of ISIS since June 2014 and over the past few weeks militants have reportedly executed more than a dozen doctors for refusing to treat injured fighters.

According to a report in Iraq's pro-government newspaper, al Sabaah, the disease was brought to Mosul by 'terrorists' arriving 'from several countries' and Africa.

The symptoms of Ebola, which include nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, bleeding and bruising, are similar to those of other diseases including malaria and yellow fever meaning it could easily have have been misdiagnosed.

In addition, very few ISIS fighters are believed to have travelled up from West Africa where the Ebola outbreak originated with most coming from areas where there have been no reports of the disease.

The reports have appeared in pro-government and Kurdish media but if true it could have catastrophic implications for people in ISIS-held areas as the group is against western science and medicine.

It is not known if any of the surviving doctors in Mosul are equipped to test for Ebola or trained to treat patients and prevent the spread of the disease.

Yesterday the United States and its allies staged 29 air strikes on Islamic State targets in Syria and Iraq on Wednesday, the Combined Joint Task Force said.

The action in Syria included 17 strikes near the cities of Al Raqqah, Dayr az Zawr and Kobani. A variety of Islamic State buildings, fighting positions and units were hit.

In Iraq, 12 strikes targeted Islamic State buildings, fighting positions and units near the cities of Mosul, Fallujah and Sinjar.

Fighters, bombs and remotely controlled aircraft were used.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2894154/ISIS-fighters-contracted-Ebola-World-Health-Organisation-investigating-reports-Islamist-militants-disease-showed-Iraqi-hospital.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by bbello28(m): 1:29pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dats nemesis
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by SeverusSnape(m): 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
If this is true,Then it is great news!!...I hope they're wiped out from the surface of the earth.These guys are parasites to the world.

2 Likes

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by etebefia: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
Natural killer has envaded the killers, they must be weakened either by obama or ebola

5 Likes

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by delishpot: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:
If this is true,Then it is great news!!...I hope they're wiped out from the surface of the earth.These guys are parasites to the world.

Bros, what if they decide to use it a weapon? What if they decide to enter diff countries and share their new gift. What if they use this instead of bombs? All they have to do is send a person with ebola to sambisa and infect captives and then free them and boom, we have Ebola again. Abeg, make dem nor do o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by SeverusSnape(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2015
delishpot:

Bros, what if they decide to use it a weapon? What if they decide to enter diff countries and share their new gift. What if they use this instead of bombs? All they have to do is send a person with ebola to sambisa and infect captives and then free them and boom, we have Ebola again. Abeg, make dem nor do o.
THEY CAN'T ENTER ANOTHER COUNTRY, They will surely die before they try it and mind you,they wont find it easy to migrate to other ccountries cause they are surrounded now.

1 Like

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by delishpot: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:

THEY CAN'T ENTER ANOTHER COUNTRY, They will surely die before they try it and mind you,they wont find it easy to migrate to other ccountries cause they are surrounded now.

Hmnn Amen o. I just pray they device no evil means to spread it o.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by seangy4konji: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2015
This is good news.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by drnoel: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:

U should know if they cause an outbreak in Iraq it will spill to most other Arab countries.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by kramer: 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
I feared this would happen. The world is not ready for a biological war on terror
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by Toosure70: 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
book haram, expect urs dis yr. God punish una.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by maslong(m): 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
fantastic news. next na BH amen.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by gameboy727(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Wow. This is great. This should help in disorganizing them and reducing their numbers.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by 3kay945(m): 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
We should pray they don't use it as weapons.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by tempest01(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
If this is true, then it is the work of the CIA. Biological warfare with Ebola will spell the end of the world if a cure is not found....

The whole world will get infected

1 Like

Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by fr3do(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
What am I supposed to feel!
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
A good news to the western world if true.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by collins123(m): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
Hi Seun,

I sent you a message on Facebook.
I will appreciate if you can check and respond on time.

Happy New Year!
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
This is God's plan to rid the world of Abraham's bastard inbred descendants.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by dims95(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mmm, why does this news make me happy.
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by mployer(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
dims95:
Mmm, why does this news make me happy.

That is if the news is true
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
Now we see the reason why the modified ebola was created. I always knew the secret service would send in bio-weapons to destroy and decimate those waste of men
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by Fash20: 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2015
Grabs seat and a bowl of pop corn. FP oya!
Re: ISIS Fighters 'have Contracted Ebola': WHO by Boss13: 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2015
I wonder how Ebola left Africa to Iraq. There is something they are not telling us

(1) (Reply)

/ The Myth Of Buhari`s Northern Popularity / My Experience For Nigerian Embassy Wey Dey For Atlanta Georgia For USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.