Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Emotional Intelligence (and Not IQ) Is Required To Rule Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emotional Intelligence (and Not IQ) Is Required To Rule Nigeria (531 Views)

"Because I' A Soldier, Born To Die" - Emotional Pic Shared By A Nigerian Soldier / Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Intelligence (and Not IQ) Is Required To Rule Nigeria by Ijebulogic(m): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2015
I had a mentor who within five minutes of meeting anyone could conclude if they were forthright or dishonest. I'm not sure how he did it but he was always right. Some people call it intuition, others call it emotional intelligence. In a country like Nigeria, i call it the most critical criteria for leadership. Nigerians should stop debating about how many degrees presidential candidates have. The ability to spend time with a special adviser, Minister, Governor etc in EXCO meetings and intuitively know that the person is not straightforward is the most powerful skill in a country like Nigeria. I actually believe our dear President has a good heart but a simple mind. He is surrounded by corrupt self-serving advisers and he unfortunately doesn't have the EQ to smell the rats in the room. Please lets park all the educational qualifications and lets focus on strong leadership with zero tolerance for mediocrity.
Re: Emotional Intelligence (and Not IQ) Is Required To Rule Nigeria by oluwakekz(m): 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
They are good at that "#ihavenoshoe"

(1) (Reply)

Inec Adhoc Infor... / Prof.Osinbajo:I Consulted Pastor Adeboye B4 Accepting 2 Be Buhari's Running Mate / In All This,where Is Mrs Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.