Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,666 members, 7,805,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (51067 Views)

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And 'the World Peace Ambassador' Saga - An Appraisal / Buhari's Certificate Saga: His Principal Is Alive & Well - Police / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:18am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari’s academic qualifications to run for president in the February 14 election became an issue following the disclosure that he deposed to an affidavit informing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that his credentials were with the military secretary.

Speaking with the Saturday Tribune, on Friday, on the controversy trailing the discovery, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the controversy was an assault on the institution of the military.

He added that the insinuation that Buhari was without the requisite academic qualifications before rising to become a general in the army was an insult to the officers that had served the nation.

Mohammed wondered on the kind of politics that would make anyone to think that Buhari would rise to the apogee of his career before becoming the head of state, by being shielded by the system over the academic qualification that was needed for the special military trainings and qualifications he got.

According to him, “how can anyone say someone of General Buhari’s calibre didn’t have secondary school certificate after his career in the military? What kind of politics are we playing? What kind of signal are we sending? Whereas in the developed world, there are certain courses in the military such as staff college or command that are on the privilege of bachelor or masters. Now, if you are now making provocative comments about someone of the status of General Buhari over an issue that one way or the other would soon be sorted out, you are casting aspersions on the entire military and those who had given service to this nation. It shows the kind of politics some people are playing. This is unfortunate and sad.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/25735-academic-certificates-apc-army-speak-on-buhari

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:21am On Jan 03, 2015
APC should stop obfuscating and show us the certificates. It's very simple. Either that or Buhari to jail for lying under oath.

311 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Zakkyoz: 3:22am On Jan 03, 2015
GMB has my vote whether lucifer likes it or not.

Wooooow! The highest number of 'likes' since i joined nairaland. It signifies good things are coming my way. Victory is sure for GMB next month.

348 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 03, 2015
Show us buhari certificate and rest your case Lie muhammed rather than employing gimmick that is obsolete.

211 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by gajike: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Imagine. Sorted out one way or d other. How long does it take someone to rretrieve his certificate from his previous employer.
D affidavit he tendered was dated 18 Nov 2014.
So between nov and january buhari can't retrieve
his certificate from d military. Na wa o. Abi d military base in another plannet ?

162 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Eziachi: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
APC should stop obfuscating and show us the certificates. It's very simple. Either that or Buhari to jail for lying under oath.
Don't some people likewise in America also wanted to see Obama birth certificate? Some even claimed that he is a secret moslem (whatever that means).
In general, what are the motivational factors behind it? Hate, air of superiority, racial and ethnic bigotry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Samunique(m): 3:58am On Jan 03, 2015
I think APC messiah is in a big mess if this is all Lai Muhammed can say.

Instead for them to do the needful they have now shifted the blame to the military. OMG!!!! I don't wanna believe this!!!!! Chai!

So this saying is true: "LIKE FATHER LIKE SON" anyway BUHARI is not a bardstard sha, he's only following the footsteps of his political father Thiftnubu!!!!

Anyway no shaking my fellow AGBERO PEOPLE'S CONGRESS supporters (APC) we shall go to the university of torotoro, oh i mean Toronto to obtain his degree for him b4 the election.
Abi no be so? Just like his political father Tinubu!!!!

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:59am On Jan 03, 2015
Eziachi:
Don't some people likewise in America also wanted to see his birth certificate? Some even claimed that he is a secret moslem (whatever that means).
In general, what are the motivational factors behind it? Hate, air of superiority and racial and ethnic bigotry.

And he showed his birth certificate.

Let Buhari show his academic certificates.

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by sufido123: 4:02am On Jan 03, 2015
Lie Muhammad you've lived up your name. Present Buhari's certificate and the purported assault will stop. Buhari and his ilk have benefited from quota system to the detriment of the country and you have the temerity to blame us the victims for asking the right questions. Do not incite the military against those who are asking for answers. This is 2015 and not 1966!

The constitution requires Buhari to present his certificate and not even an affidavit. Do us a favor, ask Buhari to do the right thing or quietly save us the sob stories and withdraw from the contest.

Vote GEJ and continue with Goodluck.

159 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by tit(f): 4:09am On Jan 03, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

And he showed his birth certificate.

Let Buhari show his academic certificates.

even before Obama showed his birth certificate to the public,
the relevant authorities had screened the documents and cleared him for the political office.

We are not even asking buhari to show us, the public, his school certificate.
He should simply submit it to INEC!

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 03, 2015
Some Nigeria youths are dumbs. I can't imagine what they are thinking atimes. Smh

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by omenka(m): 4:28am On Jan 03, 2015
Jonathan is over pushing his luck. I thought they said Buhari is a serial loser and would certainly lose this time as well. What's with all the clandestine manoeuvrings to frustrate him?? Certainly even Jonathan himself could see his end is nigh. If he thinks he's gonna stand alone in this contest like he did in the PDP "coronation" he's got another thing coming.

I know enormous pressure would be mounted on the Military not to release the said certs given that they come under the command of the president, but one thing they should know is the chaos that would ensue upon tinkering with disqualification of Buhari would make the subsidy protests look like a new yam festival!!

Jonathan should put a leash on his desperation. Nigeria is bigger than his ambition!

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 4:34am On Jan 03, 2015
his he contesting for the first time?

Nigerians will be free of bandage Gej put on us.
may 29 on my mind

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by sufido123: 4:37am On Jan 03, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
his he contesting for the first time?

Nigerians will be free of bandage Gej put on us.
may 29 on my mind

This is a lame excuse. We don't wanna live in the past. Ask your hero to present his certificate and all will be well on this issue. Why is it difficult for Buhari to comply with the law? Lend him your own!

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by fastguy10: 4:38am On Jan 03, 2015
Gej till Buhari go 2 school

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Onmason(m): 4:45am On Jan 03, 2015
In my considered opinion,1.Has the military denied being in possession of Buhari's certificates? 2.why is the military mute over the allegation 3. Can Buhari lie against the military with impunity? 4. Could this be one of PDP's usual desperate and despicable political manoeuvres? 5. Is it possible for Buhari to have risen to the rank of General (acclaimed one of the best, by an independent international entity of no mean repute), without having an O'level certificate? 6. Is it not blatantly CHEAP to dwell on ordinary certificates when we know that paper qualification is DEFINITELY not enough to make a good leader? 7. Does gej's Phd make him a leader to reckon with? 8. Could Sambo have ACTUALY lost his certificates to fire?, when? Where? How? Mind you, in the case of FIRE one cannot make enquiries or maybe you should enter fire and ask it some questions! Nobody can LIE against the Nigerian military with impunity. The fact that they have not responded to the claim or delayed to respond to such a weighty claim should send the biggest slowpoke THINKING. For goodness sake, are some people so unfortunately daft? Chai!

139 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by eleojo23: 4:48am On Jan 03, 2015
It seems Buhari wants the rules to bend for his sake. Is this how he will bend the rules in his anti- corruption fight if he becomes president?

This is not a good picture considering the fact that he has always been portrayed as one who plays by the rules.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by rozayx5(m): 4:53am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Jonathan is over pushing his luck. I thought they said Buhari is a serial loser and would certainly lose this time as well. What's with all the clandestine manoeuvrings to frustrate him?? Certainly even Jonathan himself could see his end is nigh. If he thinks he's gonna stand alone in this contest like he did in the PDP "coronation" he's got another thing coming.

I know enormous pressure would be mounted on the Military not to release the said certs given that they come under the command of the president, but one thing they should know is the chaos that would ensue upon tinkering with disqualification of Buhari would make the subsidy protests look like a new yam festival!!

Jonathan should put a leash on his desperation. Nigeria is bigger than his ambition!

what chaos the same one that killed innocent youth corpers
buhari supporters are terrorists
toronto general

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by DickDastardly(m): 4:54am On Jan 03, 2015
Pa Buhari, we your great grand children do plead with you to go submit your certificate, so that we can vote mass-evil-y for you angry
Dont be a stubborn grandpa cheesy undecided undecided

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 03, 2015
I can't stand her crying.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Ngwakwe: 5:06am On Jan 03, 2015
Eziachi:
Don't some people likewise in America also wanted to see his birth certificate? Some even claimed that he is a secret moslem (whatever that means).
In general, what are the motivational factors behind it? Hate, air of superiority and racial and ethnic bigotry.

Pa Eziachi, what was your comment when they were bombarding Princess Stella Oduah with frivolous allegations and claims of differences between her actual qualifications and what she tendered during Senate confirmation while accusing her of certificate forgery?

Premiumtimesng, Saharareporters and most Nigerian online and print media were involved with the investigations and counter investigations while making sure the news remained on air and social media platforms every minute.

Was that because of hate, bigotry, ethnic sentiment or what exactly?

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by nofij(m): 5:13am On Jan 03, 2015
If Buhari told us that he lost his certificate to fire, it would have been easier to believe.
How do you tell Nigerians that your certificate from Nigerian military college and military colleges outside the country where he claims he attended are all with the secretary of the military board?
Or is Lie Muhammed the secretary of military board too?
If Buhari doesnt know how to lie, i fear for his ambition.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 03, 2015
Lai Mohammed should shut up or show us Buhari Certificate

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by nationwide1(m): 5:24am On Jan 03, 2015
Does Lai Mohammed listen to himself while talking? I presume Lai Mohammed is an elder and should be well vested in Nigeria's history but I'm a bit disappointed. I'm surprised Lai Mohammed has chosen to forget that enrollment into military then was not based on good academic status but interest. That was because many people didn't like joining the military. That's not to say we didn't have military officers with good academic records. With all due respect to my northern brothers and friends, they were given special waiver in terms of admission into the force. I feel Buhari benefited from that or Lai Mohammed should present Buhari's academic credentials.

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by fitzmayowa: 5:27am On Jan 03, 2015
I never knew telling GMB to produce his certificate was an on assault on the military But when GMB said his certificate was with the military board he never considered it an assault on the military right

Lai mohammed must be bad at his job, how hard is it for GMB to produce his certificate even if he had F9 all through Why not tell GMB to the needful and put all this certificate buzz to rest...

Rather than coming up with crap like this, defending his boss badly by trying to play "we are the victim card"...SMH

57 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 03, 2015
The guy jus kept dancing around the truth. Doesn't he know that in the military system of the early years, entry into the NDA for the hausas was ad libre? Doesn't he know that promotion in the northern dominated military was ranka dede? Doesn't he know that Buhari became head of state via a forceful overthrow of the govt? Lai Mohamed's response begs more questions. Bottom line : tender the credentials and let the electioneering move to a more interesting. phase.shikena!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Amanwulu1(m): 5:43am On Jan 03, 2015
Lai is claiming ignorance of sir Ahmadu Bello dealings in nigeria.

Beyond politics dis my son is TWO. Wish him HBD wit ur likes.

106 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Umunede(m): 5:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Hey na wa o. Ordinary secondary school certificate again?

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by nationwide1(m): 6:00am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:

After reading your post, I deem it cogent to present the following answer begging questions to you :

1. Do you mean the military is in possession of original credentials of all officers both retired and serving?

2. If the answer to the first question is yes, even after retirement, would the officer not take possession of his certificates?

3. Do you know that in the past, admission/recruitment into military was not based on good academic records but interest as many didn't like joining the military?

4. If GEJ has instructed the military not to release the certificates as you alleged, don't you think other powerful retired generals in the country would speak up and GEJ would be exposed?

5. Do you know that the northerners were given special waiver in terms of qualifications for admission into the Nigerian military in those days and how do you know Buhari was not a beneficiary of that?

6. Do you want INEC to stop the verification exercise because of Buhari which connotes sacrificing legality / due process on the altar of interest?

I'm patiently waiting for answers.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by Emperor007: 6:23am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:

^^^

Please always think before you type / talk / speak.

Is it GEJ that advised Buhari ( GMB ) to say that his certificates is with the millitary secretary? He should provide his certificates or be disqualified by INEC, followed by his prosecution for giving false information under oat. Please don't involve others on this.

That is one of reasons The Core North introduced Quota System, to occupy positions they're not / never qualified for. For your information, things are changing gradually for merit.

Buhari must provide his certificates huh?

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. by jamace(m): 6:27am On Jan 03, 2015
The Military board is located in Abuja yet Buhari prefers to go to Abuja high court to swear to an affidavit instead of going to the board to collect his credentials. Does Buhari thinks Nigerians are dunce like him?

Note that Buhari was head of that military board in those days. Therefore, with a phone call to military board, Buhari can get the certificates.
So, why is buhari afraid of presenting his certificates?

83 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Danjuma Saliu Shot By Dino Melaye And Armed Thugs - Police Releases Photo / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Then Vs Now Photos / Femi Fani-Kayode Celebrates His Wife, Regina On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.