Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer (3635 Views)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / "..I Didn't Say I'll Bomb Nigeria; I'll Destroy It Completely" - Nnamdi Kanu / Reuben Abati: Who Would Ever Think Edwin Clark Would Publicly Disown Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by gboly3190(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2015
Abati is a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by HARMYMY(f): 9:26am On Jan 03, 2015
Funny post of the month OP front page tinx

1 Like

Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Boss13: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2015
Jonathan is surrounded by terrible advisers. He seems to be a religious man, however some wicked advisers have capitalized on it and now the president is on a church prostitution mission. Jonathan is a Christian and not a Christian president. He is the president of Nigeria and not an ijaw president.

2 Likes

Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by LieDetector(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2015
If this is true, then I join the rest of the PROGRESSIVES to say "SAI BUHARI"
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by EagleScribes: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2015
HARMYMY:

Asin ehn. People need some real comic relief this weekend
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by aariwa(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2015
iluvnaija:
Meanwhile, in another news Abiyamọ said GEJ should stop sharing policies in churches.
Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's churchiest president. The Nigerian President is one of Nigeria's major problems & I have my reasons. He is a very divisive ruler. He clearly drives a wedge amongst Nigerians using religion. In a tensed nation where we have suffered a lot from religious madness & still suffering now, it is the greatest disservice of any president to use religion as a tool of division. Jonathan has done that & he keeps doing it. A good Nigerian leader will make everyone have a sense of belonging without tilting too much to the right or left. The whole world knows that Jonathan is a Christian & no one says he should not practice his faith but in a nation that is constitutionally secular, a wise leader knows where to draw the line, afterall, his religion is his private business. What are my reasons?

-Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is not the first Nigerian Christian leader but there has been no time in Nigeria's history that this great nation has been so bitterly divided on religious lines. Many are simply supporting GEJ because he is a Christian not that he has done anything reasonable; even Jesus will not be proud of a Christian failure. I am just happy that not all Nigerians are falling for his trick. Nnamdi Azikiwe, JTU Aguiyi-Ironsi, Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo & Ernest Shonekan were all heads of state not one of them visited Israel. Jonathan wants us to believe that he is the only good Christian leader & he has gone to Israel (the first Nigerian head of state ever to do so, that is perfectly fine but not at the expense of national harmony) where he openly displays his love & affection for the Israeli PM & which cleric has he not taken to Israel? Is it Pappy Oritsejafor whose jet was caught in a dirty deal or Oyedepo who once handed out a dirty slap to a poor Nigerian lady? The undue noise & publicity he gives his religious trips are totally uncalled for, they are irrelevant. How many world leaders have you seen doing pilgrimage in Israel/Mecca & broadcasting it publicly to their people? And who is funding his religious visits? Is Nigeria not secular? Is it not with the taxes paid by Nigerians of all faiths? Obama is a Baptist Christian but come on. What would Nigerians say if a Muslim leader is always gallivanting in Palestine with Mahmoud Abbas? Or always off to Mecca all the time and sending photos home of him and all the sheikhs of Mecca? Wetin Nigerians go talk? That's one.

-Two, why are his advisers and assistants especially Doyin Okupe, Reno Omokri & Reuben Abati always quoting Bible verses on their social media pages while addressing Nigerians? They always write Bible verses & use them to curse enemies of the President or curry useless sympathies. What nonsense is that? How will Nigerians react if Muslim assistants of a president are always writing Quran verses on their pages? GEJ's camp has not come up with any reasonable thing to tackle the opposition but to call them Islamists. How does that make sense? Jonathan sees everything as a religious war, oh, the north does not like me, they are against me bla bla. Chibok is a Christian town, if GEJ so loves Christians that much, why are our girls still missing? What did he say in Paris during the Africa security summit? He said he was going to build stronger walls for Chibok girls school. Just imagine!

-Three, why is Jonathan always announcing government policies inside churches? Does he think he was voted into office by Christians alone? Or his only audience are Nigerian Christians? Imagine if Yar'adua was always announcing government policies at the National Mosque every Friday after prayers? Won't some Nigerians scream he is Islamizing Nigeria? As a wise leader, you pray without any noise & get out. There is virtually no church in Abuja that Oga Ade has not visited. So what is the use of the Aso Rock Chapel? He actually said that every last Sunday of the month now, he will be worshipping outside Aso Rock. Listen to him, he said: “Traditionally, we have the State House Chapel where I worship every Sunday. If we do not have the chapel, probably I would have been here one or two times before this time. This year, we have decided that from now onward, until I leave the State House, every last Sunday of the month, I will go to different churches. The reasons are very obvious, not because if I worship in the State House, I am not worshiping God. But I feel that it is good for me to go round and continue to appreciate what our brothers and sisters have been doing.” How does that create jobs? If you worship on Olumo Rock or go to Mecca, how does that strengthen the falling naira? The Catholic Church has advised him to stop his gallivanting & face his job but mba. I will elaborate on this:
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Kurupt01: 11:45am On Jan 03, 2015
So the president now has number of Amen or Amin to say? Please Mr. Presidential spokesman come up with something more tangible you can do better
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Collynzo9: 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Why are some Nigerians so dumb?
Even a 5 year old kid is supposed to see the joke in this article.
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by cy4cent(f): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaaaaa,wow abati we are not clowns!!!
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by cy4cent(f): 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaaaaa,

wow!!!!

abati !!!!!! we are not clowns!!!
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by baslone: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
Very funny
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by rooqee120(f): 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nitefury:
Rueben, na new year be this o.

As long as I don't want to believe he actually gave this as a reason, but if he actually did, then this would be the most preposterous statement I've heard in the last 5 years.

protocols ko, prototypes ni

In another news, February 15 is my birthday, and the ONLY GIFT I NEED is BUHARI.

Thanks in Advance as you vote Him in
Wow! My birthday mate... I dnt think i hv come across any until today...

1 Like

Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by akinladejo: 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
Abati u are a fool and dull! Immediately u left Guardian Newspaper u left ur brain and metality with them, how on earth will u mention contitution when it come to the point where ur Oga should receive curse and as parting gift for his corrupt activities? God will never forgive u, may ur life be like Nigeria life that is full of corruption in Alah's name Amin
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Nitefury: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
rooqee120:
Wow! My birthday mate... I dnt think i hv come across any until today...

lol, nice to me you.
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by dre11(m): 3:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
HARMYMY:

The post was a tonic for the day
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Caseless: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
OtunbaJega:
I laugh sote I fall inside akamu

Awon ole
na me laff pass grin
Re: Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jisos of Otuoke, well done o. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic:Buhari's Act Of Humility At Nigerian Airport B4 Travelling To Uk(A MUST SEE / POLLS: ‘jonathan’ll Win South West’ / Evidence That Amaechi Is Sponsoring APC (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.