Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. (16642 Views)

Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection / Man Fights Fuel Attendant At Oando Filling Station Over N30 Change (photo) / Three Bans And A Love Poem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 03, 2015
Banned ? undecided No Way embarassed

Bans And Moderators

Nobody wants to get banned. Even the people that claim that they don't care if they get banned or not do really care. Bans are frustrating. Viewing an interesting topic and the reply button is missing? undecided

I remember sometime that the anti spam-bot kept banning me. The times were so frustrating that I decided to log out and view topics as a guest until I was unbanned.

Being ban-free is quite easy when you do these.

1.Remember that the anti spam-bot is just a robot.

The anti spam-bot is not a moderator and can not be sent by any moderator. I laughed so hard when someone said the anti spam-bot is being paid more than 100 thousand naira. Someone also once accused a moderator of sending the anti spam-bot to him. Which time anti spami-bot become missile ? undecided

The bot like it's name suggests is just a robot. I believe it came to replace Pyguru. It identifies spam posts, deletes them and bans the poster. Since it's just a robot and not God, it makes a lot of mistakes. A lot of them. cheesy

2.Don't Open A Thread. Mail Them.

I laugh so hard when I see threads like: "Moderator, Unban Me In Politics Or Else.“

Or else what undecided ? You'll leave the forum ?
You leave and 100 people join in a day. So what change does it make?

If you don't want to be banned a second time, don't even open that thread. Learn to mail the Moderators. Ask them why you were banned. Beg to unban you. Man, drop that ego for now. It doesn't change anything. When the anti spam-bot bans you, do the same.

So bad some people don't even know where Mai-Moderator and Mail-Supermoderator buttons are on Nairaland.

The buttons are at the bottom of every board. The Mail-Supermods button is at the bottom of the front page.

3.Respect The Moderators.

Someone told me moderators don't get paid and they dedicate 8 hours to Nairaland daily.
citation needed
. Someone who does this much to let peace reign on a forum we're all using and still shouldn't be respected? Haba!

Yes, I know. The moderator frustrated you, banned you when he/she shouldn't have. Remember he/she is human. He/she can mistakes and can never fully be separated from actions triggered by emotions. I'm sure you wouldn't do any better as a moderator. You're not better than him/her.

Besides, most times we fight moderators, the moderators are actually the innocent ones, we the guilty ones. That reminds me of a particular moderator whose moniker is now 'Nobody'. He was highly hated by people. Why?

He was just a principled fellow who didn't compromise. I think we need more of his types. Maybe I wouldn't be here now because I remember a lot of rules I have broken and nobody noticed.

Nobody is saying you should kiss a moderator's ass like they call it. When you feel a moderator is wrong just keep your mouth shut if you can't mail him/her. Respect them please.

Even, when you feel they don't deserve to be respected, do it to avoid bans.

4. Do You Know That Nairaland Has 21 Rules ? undecided

Yes it does. Before you make any post, the rules are there. They are not there to be read alone. They are there to be followed. If you know you can't keep to one or more of the rules,you don't have to be on the forum and that's what they're telling you. "This is our website. These are our rules. If you know you won't be able to follow them, it's better you leave."

Nairaland And e-Fights

Everybody hates a ban. But, I believe some Nairalanders actually love e-Fights. I'm sure you wouldn't trade blows with someone who expressed a contrary opinion as yours in real-life. Why do it online? To avoid e-Fights, these can help.

1.There Are 'Un-Quotable' People On Nairaland

There are people you should never quote to express a contrary view to theirs. I know some people like this. You quote them, and instead of going into debate mode, their next post starts with mumu or slowpoke. I'm sure you know them too. grin

2.Use Your Smileys

People are more likely to go into fight mode with you if they know you're in fight mode.yourself. A smiley is the fastest and the most effective way to show you're not in fight mode yourself.

You see
I'm not in fight mode. grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided . grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided grin cheesy undecided

3.Politics ? Politics ? Hm! Politics

The Politics section is the most sensitive section on Nairaland. I believe that's where people get banned most too. I just noticed it has 5 moderators too. Haaaa! undecided

And there is the best place to pick an e-Fight. Just call someone janjawee.d or abok.i and that's all. Please if you're an e-politician, remember to respect people with opinions that differ from yours. Respect all tribes and religions. What else

That's all for today.
Remember, space-booking is an offence and Nairaland is a criminal organisation. grin
Ayamlaykorn

74 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2015
This is good! I have never been banned and I don't wish to be banned ever!

Also, I didn't know that we are supposed to mail the mods on certain issues rather than opening threads. I am guilty of that on one occasion.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2015
Lol. Nairaland is a criminal organisation
Hehehehehheeh.

Tosyne2much wetin remain abeg
Ayamlaykorn

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by chinex276(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2015
Gud... Wea's my pen i wan copy dis tips, coz i wanna nairaland 365days in 2015.
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Bosville(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2015
Well penned bro,,,,,,,,dats what freedom of speech has caused. Lol
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 03, 2015
Na 3 + 4 na undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by eleojo23: 8:37am On Jan 03, 2015
It seems the anti-spam bot develops a mind of her own sometimes and goes after some people because I see some people complaining in the past that they've been banned many times by that Aunty Spam smiley
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:37am On Jan 03, 2015
lolzzz .... I think some moderators sha have personal issues with some members which I think its abuse of power . Ive read some honest complaints sha ... so op sometimes its more about the moderator and not always always always the members' fault

www.kingebuka.com ==== best blog ever

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by datguru: 8:38am On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by adrainuche(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2015
Abeg Tell them Moderators, that they should take it easy 2015..

Biko grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by chibwike(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2015
true true true
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by saxwizard(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2015
anoda 1 is don't book space
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2015
Nice one from laykorn... And I also hope the insults and name calling can stop.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by An2elect2(f): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2015
Noted.
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by jonescyras(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2015
No 4! Do you mean it?.....most nairalanders don't know this
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by SmooshCHN: 8:39am On Jan 03, 2015
Ok, Understood. It's a New Year. But tell that mod that gave me a 3 day ban for giving my thoughts and review for the IPhone 6 not to come near me. If not I might just Disrespect him. that RoButt you call Anti$p3rmBut†. I'm not in a mood to fight though. cheesy

Please give the Sword and Bomb Smiley. For Those E-warriors wey think set them sabi fight. This year is a year of the real deal as they'll like to extend their Skill and Bravery to Boko-Haram.. Peace wink

5 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by intergral(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
MoD everything is all about the Moderators what about the members, like slapping annoying people on nairaland ie when somebody posts rubbish I type slapx2 and a thick black hand come out of the screen of the member and gives him/her two hot brain freezing slaps........ KEEP on Doing it nairaland .....#iRespectMODs
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by dani1luv: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
Lool, Nice!
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by 1stola: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
HURRAY!!!
This laykorn boy don hit front page at last
Oya start dancing shoki grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
K
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by valdes00(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
Ppl still dey book space.... Lik say dem no get new year resolution
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
You try..well arranged post

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by tdayof(m): 8:41am On Jan 03, 2015
Hmm iyear
Re: 7 Ways To Avoid Bans And E-fights This New Year. by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:41am On Jan 03, 2015
All dis Nland mods dey do wayooo

Imagine I asked one guy if he was gay , I immediately got banned for 4days

While a certain guy (make I nor come talk him name ) called a guy GAY 2days ago he wasn't banned

NOTE : mine was a QUESTION the guy's own was a STATEMENT

Click like if u've been banned unfair

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happens To An Expired Poison? / Global Helpers Alliance / Morenike Popoola Kidnapped In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.