Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). (28811 Views)

Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / Do You Think God Blessed The Agege Bread Seller Or She Used Law Of Attraction? / 7 Weird Things We Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Have you ever had 'weird' improbable coincidences happen to you.

Wrong question really. As life, as we know it, only exists because of improbable 'coincidences'.

So, I'll rephrase: Let's share stories of notable low-probability coincidences we've experienced.

It could be an answered prayer, a strong wish fulfilled, a last-minute 'miracle', or a bank error in your favour - lol, but that you really, really needed at that point in time. Etcetera.

It doesn't have to be Guinness-World-Records grade.

Might just be someone offering you a cup of coffee unexpectedly - when you wanted coffee, or having an old, long-lost friend call - after you just thought of them.

There are certain theories of the universe, where thoughts create our reality. And intent the architect of your experience.

But without labeling these as religious-this or scientific-that, let's just share them as they happened. As open-mindedly as possible...and just let everyone 'hold' their pre-existing conclusions.

I'll lead with the stories...

I first had such an experience in JSS 2.

Then, I was a Christian, strongly believed in the Virgin Mary, and attended a Catholic secondary school.

On the surface, my intention was simple enough. I wanted to take the 5th position, out of about 130 students (combined result). So I asked the Virgin Mary for assistance.

I said the rosary daily - till the end of the term. In retrospect, I didn't bother about the mechanics of how she'd do it. I just had full belief.

100%.

At the end of the term, I took exactly 5th, and wasn't the least surprised. It was expected.

But looking back now, that was, no doubt, a 5-star miracle.

You could take 1st position by trying your best to score the highest possible marks in all tests and exams. Or the last position by failing to pick up any marks through all tests and exams.

But...How the heck does one take 5th through 10 subjects with 3 tests & 1 exam each?

Guess that opens the floor. Let's hear yours smiley.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Are you talking about those moments when you feel like you are an actor in a movie? When there is this quiet confidence within that you know how it all ends?
I had an aunt who had sickle cell. She experienced lots of crises and was almost always sick. The Christmas before she died, she was unusualy strong. She cooked for the family, made us our lovely dishes and everyone rejoiced thinking the worst was behind her.
But, even as a kid, I sensed something was wrong. There was this heavy weight within, I felt like I was seeing her for the last time. Few weeks later, when her sister arrived at our home late on a Tuesday evening, I knew she had died.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Ewizard(m): 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'll b ryt bak..
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by fijiano202(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
do u mean moments when u remeber ur sec school friend and all the fun u had...only for him to call u that same day after 6yrs of no communication.....all u could do after the call is smile and look into the sky and say

THERE IS GOD OOOO

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
fijiano202:
do u mean moments when u remeber ur sec school friend and all the fun u had...only for him to call u that same day after 6yrs of no communication

Hey Fijiano, exactly.

Please tell us how it happened.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Are you talking about those moments when you feel like you are an actor in a movie? When there is this quiet confidence within that you know how it all ends?
I had an aunt who had sickle cell. She experienced lots of crises and was almost always sick. The Christmas before she died, she was unusualy strong. She cooked for the family, made us our lovely dishes and everyone rejoiced thinking the worst was behind her.
But, even as a kid, I sensed something was wrong. There was this heavy weight within, I felt like I was seeing her for the last time. Few weeks later, when her sister arrived at our home late on a Tuesday evening, I knew she had died.

Interesting...

Yes! There was no relationship between the 'facts' before your physical senses, and the conclusion you reached.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ewizard:
I'll b ryt bak..

Alright.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by fijiano202(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hey Fijiano, exactly.

Please tell us how it happened.
He was my bestie in sec school but after graduation we kinda lost contact...some years back I was cleaning my room and I saw my old notebook with his drawing at the back...i just laugh and told my sis abt him but to my greatest surprise he called me later that night that he just got my number from one of our old school mate and he wanted to check on me...we gisted for a while but we still keep in touch till today after that bizarre occurrence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Babe2sure(f): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
fijiano202:
do u mean moments when u remeber ur sec school friend and all the fun u had...only for him to call u that same day after 6yrs of no communication.....all u could do after the call is smile and look into the sky and say

THERE IS GOD OOOO

It is actually called "Telepathy" or "the sixth-sense". The communication between two souls. Everyone experiences it at one time or the other. It now depends on your spiritual level that will make you experience it more. And that is why:
1) You will be thinking of your friend whom you have not seen a long time and the person will call you at that time.
2) A mother will grow restless at a point, only to know later that something bad happened to her child, somewhere else.
3) A twin will not be happy only to know that his/her twin was injured somewhere else.
So many examples abound.
There is no scientific explanation for it. It just happens.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by fijiano202(m): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Babe2sure:

It is actually called 'Telepathy or the sixth-sense'. The. communication between two souls. Everyone experiences it at one time or the other. It now depends on your spiritual level that will make you experience it more.
1) That is why, you will be thinking of your friend whom you have not seen a long time and the person will call you at that time.
2) A mother will grow restless at a point only to know later that something bad happen to her child somewhere else.
3) A twin will not be happy only to know that his/her twin was injured somewhere else.
So many examples abound.
There is no scientific explanation for it. It just happens.
nice though it seems u are well-learned

5 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Babe2sure(f): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
fijiano202:
nice though it seems u are well-learned

Thanks.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Pdizzle(m): 4:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
BuddhaPalm i like your posts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Pdizzle:
BuddhaPalm i like your posts.

Merci.

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Chuksemi(m): 1:02am On Jan 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Merci.
Me too.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 05, 2015
This happened within the last 24hours.

I haven't seen one young family friend in 2-3 years. The last time I saw him, he was teaching me how to 'Duggy' lol. Last night (around this time) I couldn't sleep. Upon seeing a comment his mum made on Twitter, I was led to his account. He's done so well for himself, having recently established an international modelling career (Diesel, JD Sports, Ben Sherman, DSquared2, etc). I felt so happy for him. He died this morning. Phone was dead until about 3-4pm so found out upon switching it on. Unbelievable. RIP T cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 05, 2015
I just pulled this off an old thread when I was still new on the forum
Something happened to me when I got to 500L. I was to register my courses for the session only to be told by my course adviser he couldnt see the result of a course I had passed while in 200L( had different course advisers in 200L n 500L). He told me I had to re register the course. It was a very terrible course I couldnt just imagine writing again ( Engineering drawing). I wrote a letter to the department of mechanical engineering to please help resend the result to my department. I explained that, when the result was originally released, I had a C (Please note that, in my school, my department to be specific, your exact scores are not released. Just the grades).

When i got home, I was dejected. What if mechanical department said they didnt find the result, that means i have to re-write the exam.

I slept that night and i had a dream. In the dream, i saw that mechanical dept saw my result and said I had 57. When i woke up, i narrated the story to my roomate n he laughed it off saying my thoughts before i slept led to the dream.....

To my greatest surprise, eventually when the result was found by mech dept, they sent my score, 57 to my department. This was a score i had never seen before other than the dream.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
Flytefalls:
This happened within the last 24hours.

I haven't seen one young family friend in 2-3 years. The last time I saw him, he was teaching me how to 'Duggy' lol. Last night (around this time) I couldn't sleep. Upon seeing a comment his mum made on Twitter, I was led to his account. He's done so well for himself, having recently established an international modelling career (Diesel, JD Sports, Ben Sherman, DSquared2, etc). I felt so happy for him. He died this morning. Phone was dead until about 3-4pm so found out upon switching it on. Unbelievable. RIP T cry

Hmmm...did she freak out?

A happy new year btw. Hope you had a blast.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2015
rationalmind:
I just pulled this off from an old thread when I was still new on the forum

Interesting. Such exactitude.

Thanks for sharing rationalmind!
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Chuksemi:

Me too.

Ahaa, gracias!
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Interesting. Such exactitude.

Thanks for sharing rationalmind!

Yea

As at the said time, the incidence in my opinion was too exact to be dismissed as mere coincidence.

That same incidence back then was the reason I had a belief in the supernatural.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hmmm...did she freak out?

A happy new year btw. Hope you had a blast.

She's as any mother would be cry. But my own coincidence is freaky; how I was drawn to him that night (hours before he died) makes for heavyweight thinking.

My new year was amazing!!! I've survived still intact. What about you? You rarely divulge your true life colours on NL. Mr Ethereal, did you get a kiss at midnight? cheesy
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Pistolx(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
I have diz weird behaviour of knwing that a sick person will eventually die though I dnt share it with anybody
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
Flytefalls:

She's as any mother would be in lovet my own coincidence is freaky; how I was drawn to him that night (hours before he died) makes for heavyweight thinking.

My new year was amazing!!! I've survived still intact. What about you? You rarely divulge your true life colours on NL. Mr Ethereal, did you get a kiss at midnight? cheesy

Lol, I was actually referring to you in the third-person.

@ your new-year, Good to hear.

Had a great time too.

Naa, no midnight kiss. Not particularly a biggie in my neck of the woods.

@ OP

So what directions did your thinking go...as per your last post.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
rationalmind:

Yea

As at the said time, the incidence in my opinion was too exact to be dismissed as mere coincidence.

That same incidence back then was the reason I had a belief in the supernatural.

So you're now 'irrational' mind, right? smiley
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pistolx:
I have diz weird behaviour of knwing that a sick person will eventually die though I dnt share it with anybody

Hmmm...has this happened just a coupla times, or quite a few times?
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Lol, I was actually referring to you in the third-person.

@ your new-year, Good to hear.

Had a great time too.

Naa, no midnight kiss. Not particularly a biggie in my neck of the woods.

@ OP

So what directions did your thinking go...as per your last post.

Ahh, gotcha. Flytefalls initially disputed the fact she wasn't dreaming. My experience is improbable, but also very unimportant given the fact somebody has died. This wasn't a premonition or anything, just phatly coincidental. I dunno, my deeper thoughts don't believe I could be so special... but in the far distance is a light of thought that cracks through the doubtful darkness; maybe this was 'something else'? embarassed

Your story and other people's here are far more substantial and less vague. Those are the stories that create real questions.

1 Like

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Pistolx(m): 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Hmmm...has this happened just a coupla times, or a quite a few times?
yea if the person is very sick sumtin keep telling me dat d person gonna die until it happens
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by timmy2409(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pistolx:
yea if the person is very sick sumtin keep telling me dat d person gonna die until it happens

Seems more like you're suffering from OCD-level pessimism

8 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Pistolx(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
timmy2409:

Seems more like you're suffering from OCD-level pessimism
wtf is dat
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by timmy2409(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Pistolx:
wtf is dat

Obsessing that a very sick person will die until they eventually do doesn't make you psychic. It only makes you an obsessive pessimist.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Flytefalls:

Ahh, gotcha. Flytefalls initially disputed the fact she wasn't dreaming. My experience is improbable, but also very unimportant given the fact somebody has died. This wasn't a premonition or anything, just phatly coincidental. I dunno, my deeper thoughts don't believe I could be so special... but in the far distance is a light of thought that cracks through the doubtful darkness; maybe this was 'something else'? embarassed

Your story and other people's here are far more substantial and less vague. Those are the stories that create real questions.

You know, you can't be so sure the experience was so unimportant.

Maybe its the Universe titillating your curiosity.

And now you have questions. And questions are fuel.

Blue pill: you ignore them as if nothing happened...and you get other veiled proddings down the line (persistent bugger!).

Red pill: you follow the questions ...and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Re: Ever Happened To You? (Weird Coincidences, Synchronicity, Law Of Attraction). by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Well, this happened when I was in JSS3.

On a Tuesday that seemed pretty normal when I left my elder bro at home -who complained of being weak- and got to school.
All throughout my stay at school, I was unhappy and uneasy.
I knew something was wrong.

When I got home, I saw him quite ill and weak; and I just knew he was going to die. I felt it in my gut.
He was taken to the hospital where he died later on and I wasn't surprised.

To this day, I'll tell my Mom: "I knew he was gonna die that day."

She'll reply: "You know nothing."

Hmn. sad

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"RCCG Pastor Chiedu Ezekwesili Swindled My Mother Of N11 Million" - Lady / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? / Why Is The Catholic Church Always Used For Horror Movies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.