Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? (3955 Views)

The Salvation Plan / Repair Your Soul, Take Advantage Of Ramadan / Genuine Salvation Of Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
efficiencie:

Wait! What are you? Are you spirit or soul?
. I think, you should be able to GRAB it from the previous explanation. Pls read it again and digest it. I don't prolong matters that are already solved.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 7:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
twosquare:
looks like Nairaland don't notify people of long post again or what!
Salvation is relative...what I mean is we have to know the in-depth of salvation. You can be in heaven and yet you're not save as you ought to be saved. When angels looks at such a fellow, they will say this one has not passed through salvation and that's what will give birth to cries and weeping and gnashing of teeth in that time(Luke 13:28)It is worse than being thrown into the Lake. Like I said that if you want to know a prototype of what salvation is: look at the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. So, if you ask me if those in hell will end up being saved, this will I say to you: I won't use "saved" coz it is deep but if they can stroll to heaven? Yes.

Concerning the 1st and 2nd resurrection(coz two types of resurrection will happen): the saints and the wicked. To be a partaker in the 1st meant you're sealed, ur fate is not staggering maybe u'll be there or here and there is surety about your destiny. But the ones that will have the 2nd resurrection, you're OYO. Anything can happen. That's why they will be judged according to their works. Even Death and Hell was cast into the Lake before them. But the yardstick for humans is the clause, anyone not found written in the Book of Life. There is a reason it was said like that. In other words, there is a probability to escape the "death which God Himself will administer to spirits"- which we call the 2nd death. All is needed is your name be found in that Book. Whosoever, God won't look at faces. Not everyone is a "Lake" material,the scripture in Revelation mentioned the category of those who will partake in the 2nd death. Since Revelation is the realm of the sealing times(check 20:5, maybe they lived again after the thousand yrs. Just drawing attention to something there,I won't talk abt that). These are the category:

Rev 21:8: the fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars. These are the category of people that shall be a partaker. Know that those are spiritual terminologies, it is beyond the works of the flesh. No..;just look at them again. I will summarize it.

-Fearful(cowards, those who doesn't want to lose their life-which is a lie and want to save it)

-unbelieving-( believing a different way,shortcut-they don't believe in overcoming(Life of God)

-abominable(hateful to the Truth which is Life. Made Unclean by their love for the Lie which are according to the workings of satan)

-Murderers(beyond killing your fellow human being. These ones are those who annihilate Life of God in themselves and others- self suicide)

-Whoremongers(beyond being a fornicator or an adulterer. Those who are pleasure seekers of another Life that differs from Truth. They love the pleasure of this present age.)

-sorcerers(beyond practices of magic. Those who sorcerize with their soul. High wisdom of deception. Not physical magic.)

-idolaters(beyond graven image worship. These are simply worshippers. Those who shall worship the way of satan. Who have the might to carry out satanic agenda.)

-Liars(beyond literal lying. Those who lived a lifestyle different from Truth. John 14:6)

So, this is it....maybe, maybe not..someone with a higher revelation can disprove this. The yardstick is with Him but the categories are mentioned. Maranatha.

It will be better to open a new thread to discuss this for we have derailed this one. This thread is very important cos so many xtians are not even aware that there is a salvation of the soul. So I suggest we no longer derail it.

I will open another thread on "Does the poeple presently in Hell still have hope?" I will put down my thoughts here n what d bible says so we can all discuss it.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
PastorOluT:

It will be better to open a new thread to discuss this for we have derailed this one. This thread is very important cos so many xtians are not even aware that there is a salvation of the soul. So I suggest we no longer derail it.

I will open another thread on "Does the poeple presently in Hell still have hope?" I will put down my thoughts here n what d bible says so we can all discuss it.
ok. Seun please I rarely receive notification about mentioning again.pls rectify this
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 1:52am On Jan 07, 2015
Shawl001:
. I think, you should be able to GRAB it from the previous explanation. Pls read it again and digest it. I don't prolong matters that are already solved.

My bro if i GRABBED i wouldn't have asked at all...why not just answer the question as plainly as possible without the expositions! The simple question is:

what are you?
a. spirit
b. soul
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 1:58am On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare:
looks like Nairaland don't notify people of long post again or what!
Salvation is relative...what I mean is we have to know the in-depth of salvation. You can be in heaven and yet you're not save as you ought to be saved. When angels looks at such a fellow, they will say this one has not passed through salvation and that's what will give birth to cries and weeping and gnashing of teeth in that time(Luke 13:28) It is worse than being thrown into the Lake. Like I said that if you want to know a prototype of what salvation is: look at the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. So, if you ask me if those in hell will end up being saved, this will I say to you: I won't use "saved" coz it is deep but if they can stroll to heaven? Yes.

Concerning the 1st and 2nd resurrection(coz two types of resurrection will happen): the saints and the wicked. To be a partaker in the 1st meant you're sealed, ur fate is not staggering maybe u'll be there or here and there is surety about your destiny. But the ones that will have the 2nd resurrection, you're OYO. Anything can happen. That's why they will be judged according to their works. Even Death and Hell was cast into the Lake before them. But the yardstick for humans is the clause, anyone not found written in the Book of Life. There is a reason it was said like that. In other words, there is a probability to escape the "death which God Himself will administer to spirits"- which we call the 2nd death. All is needed is your name be found in that Book. Whosoever, God won't look at faces. Not everyone is a "Lake" material,the scripture in Revelation mentioned the category of those who will partake in the 2nd death. Since Revelation is the realm of the sealing times(check 20:5, maybe they lived again after the thousand yrs. Just drawing attention to something there,I won't talk abt that). These are the category:

Rev 21:8: the fearful, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars. These are the category of people that shall be a partaker. Know that those are spiritual terminologies, it is beyond the works of the flesh. No..;just look at them again. I will summarize it.

-Fearful(cowards, those who doesn't want to lose their life-which is a lie and want to save it)

-unbelieving-( believing a different way,shortcut-they don't believe in overcoming(Life of God)

-abominable(hateful to the Truth which is Life. Made Unclean by their love for the Lie which are according to the workings of satan)

-Murderers(beyond killing your fellow human being. These ones are those who annihilate Life of God in themselves and others- self suicide)

-Whoremongers(beyond being a fornicator or an adulterer. Those who are pleasure seekers of another Life that differs from Truth. They love the pleasure of this present age.)

-sorcerers(beyond practices of magic. Those who sorcerize with their soul. High wisdom of deception. Not physical magic.)

-idolaters(beyond graven image worship. These are simply worshippers. Those who shall worship the way of satan. Who have the might to carry out satanic agenda.)

-Liars(beyond literal lying. Those who lived a lifestyle different from Truth. John 14:6)

So, this is it....maybe, maybe not..someone with a higher revelation can disprove this. The yardstick is with Him but the categories are mentioned. Maranatha.

your theology tickles!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2015
efficiencie:

My bro if i GRABBED i wouldn't have asked at all...why not just answer the question as plainly as possible without the expositions! The simple question is:

what are you?
a. spirit
b. soul
. Ok...its like this: I AM A SOUL, I have a Spirit, which is the breath øƒ Life God gave me, and I live in a Body...which you see all around. Is that clear now?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2015
efficiencie:

your theology tickles!
because it can be hard to understand. Salvation is not going to heaven. Because the heaven you're going to will perish and it will pass away. If salvation is going to heaven, then you will pass away with it. Salvation is becoming like the Father(to put it simply). That's why I said, no one is as saved as God. Do u want a prototype of someone who is saved? Check the Father, check the Son, and take a look at the Holy Ghost. Many will even go to heaven(the planet called Heaven is so spacious), and heaven even won't know they have arrived in that world. You know these angels have sight to decipher people, when they look at you, they will say this one hasn't not started even an iota of the course(salvation). He is not savEd...even though he had the chance...that's what will birth weeping. When what you're supposed to become, you didn't become it. It is worse than going to hell.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare:
because it can be hard to understand. Salvation is not going to heaven. Because the heaven you're going to will perish and it will pass away. If salvation is going to heaven, then you will pass away with it. Salvation is becoming like the Father(to put it simply). That's why I said, no one is as saved as God. Do u want a prototype of someone who is saved? Check the Father, check the Son, and take a look at the Holy Ghost. Many will even go to heaven(the planet called Heaven is so spacious), and heaven even won't know they have arrived in that world. You know these angels have sight to decipher people, when they look at you, they will say this one hasn't not started even an iota of the course(salvation). He is not savEd...even though he had the chance...that's what will birth weeping. When what you're supposed to become, you didn't become it. It is worse than going to hell.

My brother i have just one reminder for you and i hope you consider it diligently:

James 3:1 My friends, we should not all try to become teachers. In fact, teachers will be judged more strictly than others.

While you defend your division of the Word you must be careful to ensure your division is driven by revelation from Yeshua and is hence infallible otherwise by your exposition many may derail and you may get a greater condemnation...

Our exegesis should not stand on man's introspective capacity but on the power of Yeshua that comes by grace and obedience unto the truth!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare: Many will even go to heaven(the planet called Heaven is so spacious), and heaven even won't know they have arrived in that world. You know these angels have sight to decipher people, when they look at you, they will say this one hasn't not started even an iota of the course(salvation)...

Wow bro! Do you have scriptural basis for this? Can someone who hasn't started an iota of the course salvation even enter heaven at all? And if there are such people in Heaven what would be their fate? Did i read about weeping and gnashing of teeth in Heaven in your comment? How's that?

Ma bro get revelation and not a textual or semantic analysis alone!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare:
. Hello! This THING you are teaching is somehow ooh. It sound strange. Which one is "DO U̶̲̥̅̊ WANT A PROTOTYPE ØƑ SOMEONE WHO IS SAVED? CHECK THE FATHER...bla bla bla. Bro, the Father is saved from WHO? GOD is salvation Itself. It originates from HIM. He's not saved from anybody. He only want to save us all from the perils øƒ the DEVIL. The devil is not over HIM. He is over the devil and He wants us to be too. Bro, try and use ur words well. Abeg#
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 1:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Shawl001:
. Hello! This THING you are teaching is somehow ooh. It sound strange. Which one is "DO U̶̲̥̅̊ WANT A PROTOTYPE ØƑ SOMEONE WHO IS SAVED? CHECK THE FATHER...bla bla bla. Bro, the Father is saved from WHO? GOD is salvation Itself. It originates from HIM. He's not saved from anybody. He only want to save us all from the perils øƒ the DEVIL. The devil is not over HIM. He is over the devil and He wants us to be too. Bro, try and use ur words well. Abeg#
that is the problem and that's your problem because y'all think salvation is being saved from the devil and hell and whatever you may think of...check what I said again...salvation is not going to heaven, salvation is not escaping hell, salvation is not escaping from the clutches of the devil. The real meaning of salvation is becoming like the Father. That's salvation and that's whhy I said you should look at the three immortals I mentioned if you want to know what salvation is.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare:
that is the problem and that's your problem because y'all think salvation is being saved from the devil and hell and whatever you may think of...check what I said again...salvation is not going to heaven, salvation is not escaping hell, salvation is not escaping from the clutches of the devil. The real meaning of salvation is becoming like the Father. That's salvation and that's whhy I said you should look at the three immortals I mentioned if you want to know what salvation is.
. Okay. So why would i want to be *like the father* in the first place? Why is it necessary ƒσя me to?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
efficiencie:

Wow bro! Do you have scriptural basis for this? Can someone who hasn't started an iota of the course salvation even enter heaven at all? And if there are such people in Heaven what would be their fate? Did i read about weeping and gnashing of teeth in Heaven in your comment? How's that?

Ma bro get revelation and not a textual or semantic analysis alone!
Rev.21:4,people will still weep and what will cause weeping is not because of hell or Lake, but because that which they should become they didn't. First reset your mind about what salvation is, because if you don't..yOu can't get this teaching. It is not about going to heaven(heaven is just a planet). This present heaven will perish. Rev 22:2...is for the healing of the nations, those nations are people and for those who haven't started the course of "salvation" because being "saved" doesn't start and end that same day. The day you gave your life to Christ, you're meant to finish the course of "salvation"(IITimothy 4:7) by continuing in the obedience of the Truth. You don't know the Truth, I don't know the Truth, we have to know the Truth because salvation is in 3 fold, the fourth fold is arrival at a threshold/ gate or throne of a Spirit. You have to know the Way, which will lead you to the Truth, and then you will enter into Life, then you can now come to the Father who is Salvation Himself.(Rev22:4). There shall be no coming, if you haven't passed through these 3 folds, coming is not one day. Salvation is "coming to the Father" and not shouting, "yee, I don escape hell oo, or I don enter heaven ooo...haa..tHank God". That's why I said salvation continues in Heaven if you don't finish your course here on earth. Heaven is not a place where you sing and dance only, it is where you are lecture 'God'. Because you haven't started an iota of salvation, so you don't know Him, God will make sure before anyone enter the world to come, you must have reach a threshold.

Will there be gnashing of teeth, yes now...shame go dey in those days. When you don't become like the Father, you'll be ashamed, so better for us to run the race of salvation now. And the shame will stay for long. Because when you look at the faces of saints of old that have completed their course, by their countenance you will know what they are telling you. The likes of Enoch, Abraham, Nahum, Hosea, people will want to hide, but ther won't be a space to do so. I dread this shame. Luke 13:24-28.- so when people are thrusted out, you know what it means. We take it with levity here because we can't comprehend what am speaking. If jesus say, "strive to enter" in that passage, then know that he is not joking. I pray God will make you understand this and have your eyes opened to this truth. Amen.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
Shawl001:
. Okay. So why would i want to be *like the father* in the first place? Why is it necessary ƒσя me to?
because you can't handle the world to come without having the properties of God in you. I'll be low in that world coz I'm not like the Father, coz that world is what I'll call "Truth World". The commandment Jesus gave, "be ye perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect". In other words, perfection is becoming like the Father. Perfection is becoming like the Father. Perfection is the salvation gan gan. Because those who shall rule in that world will sit with Him and you can't sit on the throne with Yahweh if you're not like Yahweh. Fear wouldn't even allow you coz the menorah before the throne will consume you. Jesus is the Father, He is like Yahweh, He is sitted and God wants you to sit with Him. The reason for Jesus being the Son of God is also that God wants many Sons like Jesus, who will be co-inheritors. If you shall judge angels, you have to have what it takes, because the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost are higher than them, you too have to be higher. come up hither He says.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
twosquare:
because you can't handle the world to come without having the properties of God in you. I'll be low in that world coz I'm not like the Father, coz that world is what I'll call "Truth World". The commandment Jesus gave, "be ye perfect just as your heavenly Father is perfect". In other words, perfection is becoming like the Father. Perfection is becoming like the Father. Perfection is the salvation gan gan. Because those who shall rule in that world will sit with Him and you can't sit on the throne with Yahweh if you're not like Yahweh. Fear wouldn't even allow you coz the menorah before the throne will consume you. Jesus is the Father, He is like Yahweh, He is sitted and God wants you to sit with Him. The reason for Jesus being the Son of God is also that God wants many Sons like Jesus, who will be co-inheritors. If you shall judge angels, you have to have what it takes, because the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost are higher than them, you too have to be higher. come up hither He says.
. Hmmn, am already sitting with Jesus in Heavenly places...(Eph2:4-6). As long as i have Jesus in me and the Spirit øƒ God bears witness to my spirit that am a child øƒ God. Salvation, primarily is to cub humans from the road to hell to God's way. To break us from the curses øƒ sin...to destroy all the evil works øƒ satan. Don't forget, Jesus brought salvation to d entire human race through grace (Titus2:11). He came to RECONCILE us to the father, and to take us along to wherever He is...(John14:1-4)....christ dwells in Heaven, sitting at the right hand side øƒ God, and that's where HE wants us to end up to...that's the essence øƒ salvation. When we get to Heaven, things re made perfect and clearer to us. We do not need salvation anymore there, cos, we are made Perfect. We can no longer sin. Our body has been glorified to be like Jesus'. This is the real truth. #anyway, God help us with so many strange teachings out there nowadays#
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
Salvation of a soul is when you are no longer ignorant. Ignorant of the fact that their is no God,no savior, except yourself.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by twosquare(m): 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
Shawl001:
. Hmmn, am already sitting with Jesus in Heavenly places...(Eph2:4-6). As long as i have Jesus in me and the Spirit øƒ God bears witness to my spirit that am a child øƒ God. Salvation, primarily is to cub humans from the road to hell to God's way. To break us from the curses øƒ sin...to destroy all the evil works øƒ satan. Don't forget, Jesus brought salvation to d entire human race through grace (Titus2:11). He came to RECONCILE us to the father, and to take us along to wherever He is...(John14:1-4)....christ dwells in Heaven, sitting at the right hand side øƒ God, and that's where HE wants us to end up to...that's the essence øƒ salvation. When we get to Heaven, things re made perfect and clearer to us. We do not need salvation anymore there, cos, we are made Perfect. We can no longer sin. Our body has been glorified to be like Jesus'. This is the real truth. #anyway, God help us with so many strange teachings out there nowadays#
very good...- expect you to quote Ephesians...He has made you sitted in the spirit, your spirit is CHRIST but your soul has to come up and journey into that heavenly places, then it is finished. Your soul has to become what your spirit became and come to the realisation. The courses of being sitted n heavenly places has been delivered to you, one thing remain. Follow it.

Don't stop there and quote "sitted in heavenly places". Check Colossians 3:1-5. Sure Paul said you have been raised together with Him in both letters. But still said seek those things which are above, why seeking why u're already seated? Even in Ephesians Chapter 4 begs us to walk worthy(verse 1)? Why walk worthy when you are already seated? Meaning there is another aspected of you that needs to be seated- your soul. It has been given to you in "quote" but there is an expectation from your part.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Wow see Doctrinal Battle... No wonder Jesus is in tears continually as witnessed by a prophet... On this topic alone I see why many won't make it to kingdom of God! So many masters and teachers all having different maps to the same kingdom of God...

Bad teaching leads to bad believing and bad believing produces a war of doctrines amongst many masters...really the letters of scripture kills...

2Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Shawl001(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
efficiencie:
Wow see Doctrinal Battle... No wonder Jesus is in tears continually as witnessed by a prophet... On this topic alone I see why many won't make it to kingdom of God! So many masters and teachers all having different maps to the same kingdom of God...

Bad teaching leads to bad believing and bad believing produces a war of doctrines amongst many masters...really the letters of scripture kills...

2Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
. I didn't really see an answer in what you've wrote. Point øƒ correction, am not battling or engaging in *doctrinal war* or whatsoever. Just making issues clearer ƒσя us all to see. Well, in Heaven, things will be made clearer to us all. #teamHeaven#

1 Like

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Would it be an aberration or mistake to see someone who got soul salvation in a day?
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
Shawl001:
. I didn't really see an answer in what you've wrote. Point øƒ correction, am not battling or engaging in *doctrinal war* or whatsoever. Just making issues clearer ƒσя us all to see. Well, in Heaven, things will be made clearer to us all. #teamHeaven#

but your so called clarification is contrary to that of twosquare. You claim that man is the soul and that the spirit is God's breath but twosquare holds a contrary view... Ma brother i didn't answer any question, i'm just lamenting the absence of exegesis by power and the presence of exegesis by man's wisdom...and hence the lack of unity and oneness of heart and mind!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by PastorOluT(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
twosquare:
ok. Seun please I rarely receive notification about mentioning again.pls rectify this

Sorry been a little bit tight, bear with me pls.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by Kayzeemine(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
The answer is Heaven. The moment a sinner confess his/her sins and forsakes them and confess the Lord Jesus as Savior then if he/she dies he will make heaven FOR AS LONG AS HE/SHE DID NOT GO BACK TO SIN BEFORE DEATH COMES. Salvation of a man's soul indeed is a gradual process. when a man get converted, there are many processes that must follow, like baptism, sanctification and soon. Nevertheless a newly converted must stay in Christ and must not go back to sin...that's the only way to heaven

3 Likes

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by italo: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kayzeemine:
The answer is Heaven. The moment a sinner confess his/her sins and forsakes them and confess the Lord Jesus as Savior then if he/she dies he will make heaven FOR AS LONG AS HE/SHE DID NOT GO BACK TO SIN BEFORE DEATH COMES. Salvation of a man's soul indeed is a gradual process. when a man get converted, there are many processes that must follow, like baptism, sanctification and soon. Nevertheless a newly converted must stay in Christ and must not go back to sin...that's the only way to heaven

You nailed it.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Kayzeemine:

So you are saying that a new convert undergoing the salvation of soul that dies in sin will go to Heaven! Hmmm...denominational doctrines!
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by italo: 6:47am On Jan 09, 2015
efficiencie:

So you are saying that a new convert undergoing the salvation of soul that dies in sin will go to Heaven! Hmmm...denominational doctrines!
Please show us where he said that.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by efficiencie(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
italo:
Please show us where he said that.

his answer to my opening post is: HEAVEN
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by italo: 4:23am On Jan 10, 2015
efficiencie:

The opposite of the bold is what I can deduce from his post.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by ezebrain: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2015
How long depends on the individual himself, the earlier he starts working for atonement the easier will it be for him. If he has not yet lost the ability to recognize his sins as happen to thousands of people today, they will soon be expiated.

It is illogical to assert that the atonement of a sin happens instantly at a moments notice.
Even in the Court of law a criminal cannon be set free immediately as soon as he confesses his criminal act. If humans can be reasonable as not to tolerate a cheap atonement of evil deed, then how much more GOD. If an evil action can be forgiven immediately after a confession, then that would have to contradict the word of Christ; "what a man soweth that shall he reapeth".

In the case of the thief on the cross Christ gave him the assurance of his acceptance in paradise because according to the law of sowing and reaping the thief has already redeemed his guilt himself by his suffering on the cross. And the pity he showed to Jesus when he was blasphemed by the other thief assured that if he had his way, he would have set Jesus free, that places him in the position of the highest power that washes away sin; the power of love. Hence the admonition of Christ; "love thy neighbor as thyself".

In the other hand, if a convert dies in the process of undergoing the salvation, he will not go to hell, but he will be attracted to the lighter region that corresponds to the present state of his being. There, he will be given the opportunity to work himself upwards by helping the less matured ones to ascend. Either by working as a spirit guide to a person still living on earth or by other means. Thus your so called impression or conscience are as a result of departed souls striving to stop you from making the same mistake they made while on earth.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by An2elect2(f): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
efficiencie:
The question is: How long does the salvation of the Soul take? Does it take place instantly as opined by John Crowder in ( http://www.thenewmystics.com/Articles/1000129594/Home_Page_of/Articles/Sanctification_is_Not.aspx ) or does it take an unspecified period which may be for a lifetime as posited by Erwin Gane ( http://www.sabbathfellowship.org/biblestudies/erwingane/biblestudy_gane_sanctify.htm )

If you can read the two articles, please do and share your views and while you are at that answer this question too:

If a convert undergoing the salvation of the soul dies in sin where would that person go?

a. Heaven
b. Hell

Please choose an option first and explain your choice.

Please this question is wrong.
There is nothing like a person dying in the process of salvation.
Salvation is by Grace and it is God's doing.
You can't die, if God has willed that you will be saved.
No man can get himself saved!

1 Like

Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by ezebrain: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2015
An2elect2:

Please this question is wrong.
There is nothing like a person dying in the process of salvation.

Do you think that all those who died in accident were either saints or sinners?

An2elect2:

Salvation is by Grace and it is God's doing.

Once again you accused God of being arbitrary and sentimental.

An2elect2:

You can't die, if God has willed that you will be saved.
No man can get himself saved!

Now your statement implies that god made a mistake by offering mankind a free will.
Re: How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? by An2elect2(f): 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
ezebrain:

Do you think that all those who died in accident were either saints or sinners?

How is this come back of yours related to those in the process of getting saved according to you.

If salvation is by grace through faith,a complete work of God and a sinner is to be saved, how can he/she die in the process. Is our destiny left in the hands of fate or God?

ezebrain:

Once again you accused God of being arbitrary and sentimental.

God can choose who He wants to favour. All men deserve the eternal wrath of God and if God wills to show mercy to some we cannot accuse Him of being unjust.

ezebrain:

Now your statement implies that god made a mistake by offering mankind a free will.
Let me ask you, can a dead man choose to raise himself? Did Lazarus contribute in raising himself from the dead?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Why I Cannot Just Keep My Atheism To Myself / Islamic Influence On Jesuit Origins / I Watch Pornograffic Movies With My Wife, Are We Sinning??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.