Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

15 Signs That You Are Pregnant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant (5899 Views)

7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar / 8 Critical Signs That You Have Stomach Ulcers And What To Do About It / 10 Signs That Shows You Are Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by secretcode01: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
1. Needing to Pee Often
Have you been finding yourself running to the bathroom more often than usual? If so, you might be pregnant! Frequent urination is one of the most common early signs of pregnancy. And it's not just restricted to the daytime. You may have to get up and pee at night, too! You'll want to consider taking a pregnancy test or least talking to your doctor if you have one or more of the following symptoms which could all be early signs of pregnancy.

2. Breast Tenderness
One of the very first hints of possible pregnancy is sore and sensitive breasts and nipples. Your breasts might also start swelling and feeling heavier pretty early on. And, you may notice that the blood vessels on the breasts are more obvious. These changes are the result of rising hormone levels and increased blood flow in early pregnancy. But that's not the only thing you might notice. This next symptom is incredibly common!

3. Fatigue
Are you feeling completely exhausted -- despite getting enough sleep? If so, at least consider the possibility of pregnancy. Many pregnant women suffer from extreme tiredness in the early weeks.

4. Nausea
Nausea is the classic sign of pregnancy. It's commonly called morning sickness. But that's not really accurate, because for many women it feels like morning, noon, and night sickness!

5. Vivid Dreams
Do you feel like you've been dreaming more often, and that your dreams are more vivid than normal? Believe it or not, this could be a sign you're pregnant. This dream surge is brought on by increased hormone levels -- and likely also because you're so tired, you're sleeping more!

6. Cramping and Spotting
Don't freak out too much if you notice a tiny amount of bleeding early on in pregnancy. It could be implantation bleeding -- although not every pregnant woman experiences it. This light spotting can happen when the fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus usually about the time your period is due. And many women also have mild cramping due to ligament stretching. If either cramping or bleeding is more severe, definitely check it out with your doctor.

7. Headache
You might get a headache for any one of a number of different reasons. Including pregnancy. If you suspect you're pregnant, take acetaminophen instead of ibuprofen to be on the safe side.

8. Backache
Low back pain is one of the least enjoyable parts of being pregnant. And it can happen pretty early on. Put it down to loosening ligaments.

9. Cravings and Food Aversions
Pregnancy hormones can really throw your appetite out of whack. Certain foods you normally love will suddenly gross you out. And you may well have cravings for foods that you have just got to have or else!

10. Super Sense of Smell
A heightened sense of smell goes along with pregnancy for many women. That can be a bad thing when combined with morning sickness. Best to stay away from smells that suddenly make you gag!

11. Bloating
Early pregnancy can be a frustrating time in many ways. Not least of all because you no longer fit your pants -- but don't look pregnant yet. What's the meaning of it all? Bloating! It's caused by your digestion slowing down. Adding to the problem can be constipation, also common when you're newly pregnant.

12. Mood Swings
Feeling more emotional than usual? It could be due to fluctuating hormones in your regular menstrual cycle. Or, it could be a sign you're pregnant. Pay attention to your moods!

13. Higher Basal Body Temp
Some women trying to become pregnant keep track of their basal body temperature to help them figure out their fertility. If you're one of them, you'll probably notice that your temperature rises in the couple of weeks between ovulation and when you get your period. But if you're pregnant, it will continue to stay high.

14. Feeling Lightheaded
If you're suddenly experiencing dizziness -- or even fainting -- take note that it could be a sign you're pregnant. Or that you have low blood pressure or low blood sugar. To avoid this problem, make sure you're eating well and drinking enough to stay hydrated.

15. Late Period
Is your period late? This is an obvious pregnancy sign. But there are many other reasons for a late period. Just as there could be different explanations for other possible pregnancy symptoms. The best thing you can do is to take a pregnancy test to find out for sure. If it's negative, and your symptoms aren't going away, wait a few more days or a week, and test again. If you are pregnant, congratulations! Make sure you schedule an appointment with your doctor. In the meantime take your prenatal vitamins, and take good care of yourself!
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
With all ds signs I pray, she is nt !

2 Likes

Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
lekahm:
You should have used protection instead of prayer

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by cutieberie1(f): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
hmmmm...passin by
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Emodeee: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
ladies, dn't u knw these?
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by tosyne2much(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lwkmd grin

Nothing wey person no go see for nairaland grin
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
this is interesting grin
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Romance section turning to Health section. This is interesting. Lemme read comments
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Precious91(m): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
hmm.NAIRALAND!!!
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
So am i pregnant?
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by hannesy(f): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
lekahm:
get ready to be a daddy
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by hannesy(f): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
starlingleanets:
So am i pregnant?
ya 2mnths

1 Like

Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
hannesy:
ya 2mnths

Me: Hello dear,
Gf: Dear,how have u been?
Me: I'm fine, got a wonderful news for you,you wanna guess?
Gf: Hmm... U won the contract
Me: (una own na money only) Hmm not dat.
Gf: Tell me dear(in anticipation)
Me: I'm pregnant.
Gf: What?
Me: Hannesy says i'm 2 months pregnant
Gf: Ok this is a wrong number. I don't even know u.
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by hannesy(f): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
starlingleanets:

Me: Hello dear,
Gf: Dear,how have u been?
Me: I'm fine, got a wonderful news for you,you wanna guess?
Gf: Hmm... U won the contract
Me: (una own na money only) Hmm not dat.
Gf: Tell me dear(in anticipation)
Me: I'm pregnant.
Gf: What?
Me: Hannesy says i'm 2 months pregnant
Gf: Ok this is a wrong number. I don't even know u.
lmao
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
hannesy:
lmao
grin
Re: 15 Signs That You Are Pregnant by starlingbawa(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2015
Emodeee:
ladies, dn't u knw these?

I thought so too.

(1) (Reply)

"BEING GAY” Is It Genetic Or A Choice / COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave / Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.