Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 AM

A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals (37921 Views)

Best And Healthiest Way To Cook White Rice For Weight Loss / Four Best Slimming Diets For Weight Watchers / How To Portion Nigerian Meals For Weight Loss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
I know about that lemon and ginger recipe. An aunt of mine used it and the difference was amazing. But my mum says I should go near lime or lemon, that its not good for young ladies who haven't given birth.....word has it that it affects fertility.....I don't know for sure sha but I don't take it cuz of what my mom said.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
bodashee:
I know about that lemon and ginger recipe. An aunt of mine used it and the difference was amazing. But my mum says I should go near lime or lemon, that its not good for young ladies who haven't given birth.....word has it that it affects fertility.....I don't know for sure sha but I don't take it cuz of what my mom said.
Well I don't know how true the story of lime/lemon is but I just know that ginger makes my monthly period heavy. I bleed anytime I cook with ginger or take ginger tea.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by emmadiva(f): 8:29am On Mar 27, 2015
I don't think lemon affects fertility of a woman..try and Google it out sha
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by AmyMarins(f): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hey chicks! I soooooo love dis thread!! I started my brisk walking around my neighborhood, on Tuesday and i ve serious pains all over. I need people like u around to achieve dis. I gats get rid of d mid section, tighs, arms and stomach. My ikebe is too flat, are there exercises to bring it out? Looking older than 33yrs (will. Be 33yrs in August)

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
AmyMarins:
Hey chicks! I soooooo love dis thread!! I started my brisk walking around my neighborhood, on Tuesday and i ve serious pains all over. I need people like u around to achieve dis. I gats get rid of d mid section, tighs, arms and stomach. My ikebe is too flat, are there exercises to bring it out? Looking older than 33yrs (will. Be 33yrs in August)
Welcome
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
AmyMarins:
You can start jogging too...walk a little & jog too. With jogging you're prone to less body pains. For the thighs, midsection, arms & stomach, you can try skipping & jumping jack for a start.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 28, 2015
BABE3:

no carbs ? You need carbs ma'am/sir. That's the petrol/gas for the body. Your body can't function without carbs. You need the right carbs in the right amount. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, plantain, banana, yams, and your nigerian solids but in the right amount.

everything else on your list is okay to be crossed out.

But since you've canceled out meat, make sure you eat your plant protein (beans, nuts, peas) and eggs and milk.

And you need to cross out fried foods. Oils in general. Replace your fats and oils with avocado.

Remember not to skip breakfast.

Lastly, to simplify, most of your meals should consist of carbs, protein, vegetables and fats in the right amount. Carbs shouldn't take the most space on your plate if you want to lose weight.

Something like this;
Your diet regime is quite good. I personally think sweet potatoes are awesome - inexpensive plus easy/quick to make.
@post
There's also this local protein powder that rural mothers give their babies( Tom brown, I think it's soybean + groundnuts + crayfish). For a while it was my go-to protein shake, mixed with milk and milo lol. I would take a big bowl in the mornings( so technically not missing breakfast) and in the evenings, with lunch being the only proper meal with carbs. Got rid of that beer gut in a month. Anything you do, try to keep all your meals in a 12-hour window. So if you have your first meal at 7am, you should have the last meal not later than 7pm.
AmyMarins:
For that ikebe you'll need to do front squats, with a wide stance to take the pressure off your knees. It's not easy, but very worth it.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 28, 2015
im now 77kg from 80kg yay.im so happy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by DEllaluv(f): 8:46am On Mar 28, 2015
Hi frnds,

Came across ds thread 2day,I rili need to shed enough fat,I was alarmed d oda day wen my jeans,most of dem no gree enta me.......pls pls,make una help a sis,even my tummy dt used to b vry flat s no mre dat way
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 28, 2015
DEllaluv:
Hi frnds,

Came across ds thread 2day,I rili need to shed enough fat,I was alarmed d oda day wen my jeans,most of dem no gree enta me.......pls pls,make una help a sis,even my tummy dt used to b vry flat s no mre dat way
Babe, take a glass of fresh lemon juice every night before going to bed. You can dilute it with warm water if it tastes awful. Make sure you drink it with a straw to protect the enamel on your teeth.
Do this for one month and see the changes.
Also, stay away from junk food, snacks.
Do at least 15 mins of exercise every morning before you eat. Dont eat after 8pm and you'll be fine
Looks like you living the life now cheesy cheesy
Hope this helps
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by DEllaluv(f): 11:57am On Mar 28, 2015
Zohan:

Babe, take a glass of fresh lemon juice every night before going to bed. You can dilute it with warm water if it tastes awful. Make sure you drink it with a straw to protect the enamel on your teeth.
Do this for one month and see the changes.
Also, stay away from junk food, snacks.
Do at least 15 mins of exercise every morning before you eat. Dont eat after 8pm and you'll be fine
Looks like you living the life now cheesy cheesy
Hope this helps

cheesy

tnx a lot,though dat lemon stuff scares me,jst lyk smbdy pointd out earlier,ma mum sd takin lemon always affects conception,im tlk say na old cargos lyk dem dey use am,smtyn lyk d acidity abi alkalinity of d woman being too much....abt exercise I no sabi do press ups,though I smtyms play Vball,I'l def cut dwn on snacks,e go hard sha,But I'l try..Tnx a lot Zohan

ummm abt dat ginger stuff,doubt if it affects fertility,rada if its boild it helps reduce menstral pains

Stl followin
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
DEllaluv:

cheesy

tnx a lot,though dat lemon stuff scares me,jst lyk smbdy pointd out earlier,ma mum sd takin lemon always affects conception,im tlk say na old cargos lyk dem dey use am,smtyn lyk d acidity abi alkalinity of d woman being too much....abt exercise I no sabi do press ups,though I smtyms play Vball,I'l def cut dwn on snacks,e go hard sha,But I'l try..Tnx a lot Zohan

ummm abt dat ginger stuff,doubt if it affects fertility,rada if its boild it helps reduce menstral pains

Stl followin
Babe, about lemon and conception. It's a hoax. My mum saw me with some lemons some years ago and she said something about taking lemon and low sperm count. I had to do research. Found out its a mere hoax. If lemon can digest fertilized eggs, why is it still commonly used everyday?
The only thing you need to be mindful of is your teeth. Dilute lemon with water, drink with straw. That's all. And about push ups, it is not easy at first, maybe you could start with 10 dedicated push ups daily, then increase it as you go. You can try crunches. It hurts when you start it but will help tone your abdominal muscles. About ginger and fertility, there's nothing I'll not hear in this world. Hian! undecided
Gudluck. Feel free to message me anytime. WhatsApp 08137594396.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
is it thru u gain weight during menses.just started today nd im bak from 77kg to 80kg.felt like crying
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by spykid014(f): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2015
Hello everyone.

Never knew this thread existed o.

Anyway, I currently weigh 112. Started at 115kg 4 weeks ago. I've been fat all my life. Late 20s now. There is nothing I haven't tried. Lol.
Well, I've joined the Gym. Again! Hoping and praying I don't get lazy again.
My body has become used to the pain. My knees, ankles, arms, wrists all hurt. Like my trainer would say, "no pain; no gain".

The first 2 weeks I started, I didn't lose nada! I cried eh. But I kept on trying. Lost 3kg this last 2 weeks. Working out 5 days a week at the gym, cardio and aerobics, weight lifting. I jog for like 45mins, 4days a week. I skip as well at the gym and at home.

My only challenge now is carbs and portion control! Well, I'm trying to eat clean and all, but honestly, it's not easy. I'm not giving up like I've been doing in the past. Hoping to lose 37kg or more sef before the year runs out.

It will end in praise.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 29, 2015
spykid014:
Hello everyone.

Anyway, I currently weigh 112. Started at 115kg 4 weeks ago. I've been fat all my life. Late 20s now. There is nothing I haven't tried. Lol.
My body has become used to the pain. My knees, ankles, arms, wrists all hurt. Like my trainer would say, "no pain; no gain".

The first 2 weeks I started, I didn't lose nada! I cried eh. But I kept on trying. Lost 3kg this last 2 weeks. Working out 5 days a week at the gym, cardio and aerobics, weight lifting. I jog for like 45mins, 4days a week. I skip as well at the gym and at home.

My only challenge now is carbs and portion control! Well, I'm trying to eat clean and all, but honestly, it's not easy. I'm not giving up like I've been doing in the past. Hoping to lose 37kg or more sef before the year runs out.

It will end in praise.
Amen to that and welcome onboard
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Destinygrl(f): 10:56am On Mar 29, 2015
hmmm not a good week fr me , have been binge eating throughout the week and gained 2kg .
like all the hard work of the previous week thrown at my face , may be I should write food journal to keep me on track
now I'm back to 69kg
wahala
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Destinygrl(f): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2015
rahymat:
is it thru u gain weight during menses.just started today nd im bak from 77kg to 80kg.felt like crying
I don't think its something to worry about , happens to me too I believe its just water weight
as the body is losing something its trying to retain d liquid coming in
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Girltee1(f): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
Destinygrl:
hmmm not a good week fr me , have been binge eating throughout the week and gained 2kg .
like all the hard work of the previous week thrown at my face , may be I should write food diary to keep me on track
now I'm back to 69kg
wahala
www.nairaland.com/1573827/recipe-losing-weight-lose-12kg
smiley
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by spykid014(f): 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
MrsOJ:

Amen to that and welcome onboard

Thank you.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
Added 1kg undecided how possible?
Something is wrong somewhere....
I stopped eating late nyt food though and haven't ate meat this week, so I don't know wat happened. Babe3 help angry
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by BABE3: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
Before I address you 3cycle( ma), I'd like to address the lemon/tea/ginger diet fads.

My people, if you want fast results, best believe you'll gain the weight back FAST!
Your body needs correct foods not just lemon and ginger. Crash-dieting is not the way to go. By the time you get your fast results, how do you intend to maintain the weight loss? Will you be eating lemon and ginger for the rest of your life?? At some point, your body is going to give up on you and you'll start eating more that you've ever eaten. Now we're back to square one.

That's why most people find it hard to maintain weight loss.

THE Solution? EAT HEALTHY and exercise. No shortcuts!! Make this a lifestyle! Stop looking for quick fixes!

For you to lose weight, the calories you burn must be greater than the calories you eat. But you still have to eat healthy foods!!! Just in smaller portions.

---No coke/fanta/juice/etc!!

---No desserts/ no sugar / no chocolates / cookies etc !!!

---No oils (us Yoruba people and our soups) or fried foods!!!

If you can successfully take these three devils out of your diet, you'll definitely be on the right track.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by BABE3: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
3cycle:
Added 1kg undecided how possible?
Something is wrong somewhere....
I stopped eating late nyt food though and haven't ate meat this week, so I don't know wat happened. Babe3 help angry

It could be water weight. It could be real weight.

Like I said, for you to lose weight, calories burned > calories eaten.

For the next week, it'll be nice if you keep a food journal, so you and I can actually access what you've been eating.

You might also want to start exercising; it burns calories, it's good for your heart and skin. You don't have to have a threadmill or gym membership to get a work out. If you need more info about effective home exercises, ask me.

Plus, meat isn't the real problem in a weight loss journey. Carbohydrates and fats are the real problems. If you eat more carbs than your body needs, you body will readily convert the excess carbs into fat; and it gets stored in your body.

But yh, a food journal this coming week!!!

Or do you remember what you ate this past week (for two days at least)? I can access from there.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
spykid014:
Hello everyone.
It will end in praise.

Add smoothies
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Destinygrl(f): 1:21am On Mar 30, 2015
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by jovids: 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2015
BABE3:
Before I address you 3cycle( ma), I'd like to address the lemon/tea/ginger diet fads.

My people, if you want fast results, best believe you'll gain the weight back FAST!
Your body needs correct foods not just lemon and ginger. Crash-dieting is not the way to go. By the time you get your fast results, how do you intend to maintain the weight loss? Will you be eating lemon and ginger for the rest of your life?? At some point, your body is going to give up on you and you'll start eating more that you've ever eaten. Now we're back to square one.

That's why most people find it hard to maintain weight loss.

THE Solution? EAT HEALTHY and exercise. No shortcuts!! Make this a lifestyle! Stop looking for quick fixes!

For you to lose weight, the calories you burn must be greater than the calories you eat. But you still have to eat healthy foods!!! Just in smaller portions.

---No coke/fanta/juice/etc!!

---No desserts/ no sugar / no chocolates / cookies etc !!!

---No oils (us Yoruba people and our soups) or fried foods!!!

If you can successfully take these three devils out of your diet, you'll definitely be on the right track.
I totally agree
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by AmyMarins(f): 5:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
Soooooo angry with me ehn..............*crying*! Xtaday evening, i had Blue Bunny ice cream and just dis afternoon, i had a bottle of cokeeeeee! *phew*

Wud love to be on fruits strictly, for one full week (just fruits).
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Godmother(f): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
I used to weigh 62, but last year I gained over 15kg.
I decided to shed it when people started commenting on how fat I was and I lost about 8kg.
My weight loss regime was to east a normal breakfast, then skip lunch or take fruits.
Dinner was by 7pm latest. I also took regular 45 mins to 1 hour walks.
I have relaxed on my exercising but this thread has just gingered me to go back to it.
My target is to weigh 65 in the next 3 months.
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by zemaye: 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
kiss wow just found this thread
BABE3 you be my right hand babe
People Keep it simple and successful =kiss
Which one b time frame for food
Enjoy simple wholesome meals in the right quantity and watch the fat loss!
Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by BABE3: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
zemaye:
kiss wow just found this thread
BABE3 you be my right hand babe
People Keep it simple and successful =kiss
Which one b time frame for food
Enjoy simple wholesome meals in the right quantity and watch the fat loss!

High five! smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by SuPeRq(f): 7:31am On Apr 03, 2015
Interesting...... weight loss will b more easier if u r staying alone

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Weight Loss Progress And Goals by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 03, 2015
SuPeRq:
Interesting...... weight loss will b more easier if u r staying alone
That's the truth my sister.....although determination is the key to a successful weight loss whether you stay alone or not.
Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Fix An Oversalted Meal / Lady Feeds Hungry Residents In Lagos For Free (Photos) / Which Of These Cereals Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.