Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Nairaland What Is Your Favourite Afcon Tournament? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nairaland What Is Your Favourite Afcon Tournament? (797 Views)

Final Draw For The 2017 Afcon Tournament Holding In Gabon / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland What Is Your Favourite Afcon Tournament? by kimco(m): 1:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
with tbe next afcon 13days upon us i tot to ginger up this section with a trip down memory lane....

so nairaland wats your favourite last afcon....

even tho i watched the 1998 afcon i only remember bits....so my experience comes from 2000. The tourney of old was filled with great african football...not the pass pass pass arsenal futball we have now...where shots were fired with beauty...where goals rained from both teams and players showcased their abilities to turn opponenets inside out and were always eager to come back home to rep their nation to contest for the crown of african best. these days everything is lost and the game isnt as gud anymore...players making excuses to come and play.....it been a long tym since i saw a team as motivated as those of the past with lethal fangs....last team was egypt.....zambia comes close tho.

with all that said my favourite last afcon was tunisia 2004....semi finals Nigeria vs Tunisia and Final tunisia vs Morrocco were great games. wats the last afcon that got u excited thruout?

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Asomugha Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / Top Ten Most Expensive Teenage Football Players In History / Eagles New Hero Ikeme Feels 'very Nigerian'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.