Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral (1723 Views)

APC Applauds Resignation Of Wike’s Spokesman / Nigeria2015: Peace Pact Will Work Only If Security Agencies Stay Neutral – APC / Why Igbo Must Reject Goodluck Jonathan Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by 1LRNZH: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2015

The All Progressives Congress in the South East has congratulated Ohanaeze Ndigbo for “shooting down” a motion for the endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan as the candidate of the Igbos in the 2015 presidential election.

A statement by the spokesman of the APC in the South East, Mr. Osita Okechukwu, described those that opposed the motion, which was moved by a Peoples Democratic Party chieftain, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, at the Imeobi (inner caucus) meeting of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo on Saturday as “true Igbo patriots”.

Okechukwu expressed happiness that “Ndigbo have realized that it doesn’t make sense to put all our eggs in one basket, especially when the political scenario in the 2015 presidential election differs remarkably from that of 2011 when Jonathan was endorsed.”

“Ohanaeze by refusing to endorse President Jonathan has taken a cue from Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka’s New Year sermon at the Adoration Ground, that Nigeria needs change for the better.

“As Mbaka said, ‘I love President Jonathan and I used to be his fan, but I want good for my people and that’s why I want Nigerians to vote out Jonathan and vote Buhari,” Okechukwu added.

According to him, “If the Hausas have spread their dragnets in both PDP and APC and Yorubas have spread their dragnets in both PDP and APC, then Ndigbo should not blame anybody for marginalization in the event of APC’s victory in the forth coming 14th February 2015 presidential election.”

Okechukwu stressed that the APC in the South East believes that Ohanaeze Ndigbo should remain neutral in the 2015 general elections as there are Igbos in all the parties.

“Igbos are not only in PDP – we have Igbo sons and daughters in APC, the main opposition party in the country today.

“Our son, Chief Chekwas Okorie, is contesting under UPP, what happens to him if we endorse Jonathan?

“Ohanaeze is a polygamous father, we must spread our dragnet like our contemporaries in the Nigeria project.

“Like the Hausas and Yorubas, we should take the battle to every flank, not just one flank because if we channel all our arsenals to one flank, and it goes the other flank at the end of the day, nobody will take us serious if tomorrow again we start complaining about marginalization,” he said.

He noted that only the self serving Igbo politicians could rise up in the midst of the prevailing political scenario which favours APC to canvass for Jonathan’s endorsement.

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-applauds-ohanaeze-for-rejecting-motion-to-endorse-jonathan/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
In other words, APC applauds Ohaneze for embracing them Mak I just dey on top dis dogoyaro tree dey watch as dis jungle mature.. 14 Febraury when shall thou come?..
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Chekwas Okorie...

Someone enlighten us pls...
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
K
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by rozayx5(m): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
hmm came into check for Buhari certificate, seems its not here undecided

4 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
In other words, APC applauds Ohaneze for embracing them Mak I just dey on top dis dogoyaro tree dey watch as dis jungle mature.. 14 Febraury when shall thou come?..

No be so I read am... I read....

Welldone Ohanaeze for not endorsing GEJ
Ndi-Igbo should spread its influence in the various parties.
Ohanaeze should stay neutral at best or endorse its real son Chekwas

Abeg bring nkwobi make I dey chow ....

4 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by alaoeri: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
This are sensible igbo & not some online paid brats, any body that mean well for this country won't want GEJ to rule beyond May 29th unless those that are illegally benefiting from his government.
GMB 2015.

4 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
LRNZH:

No be so I read am... I read....

Welldone Ohanaeze for not endorsing GEJ
Ndi-Igbo should spread its influence in the various parties.
Ohanaeze should stay neutral at best or endorse its real son Chekwas

Abeg bring nkwobi make I dey chow ....
leave dat tin padi mi, adon old finish wey b sey I go differenciate capital B from cow-leg's boot wey e match 4 ground. Na watch ade watch

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by SweetJoystick(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
GEJ your days are numbered in Aso rock grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by kestolove95(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
dia is problem den...even igbo's don dey wise.

2 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by BrokenTV: 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
I don't know why is too difficult for APC to undertstand that Igbo land is not for them, the little energy they are chaneeling with their propaganda on the south east to be directed to other region.

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
Igbos will surprise us all by voting Muhammadu Buhari en mass

4 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by yomexp(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
the stock of the southeast just appreciated a lot with this move.

2 Likes

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by Skako(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mr president ar u packing ur belonging from aso rock and also where will u go bcs u were rejected by the people of ur political region

my thumb is waiting for print and ballot paper to vote out of aso rock

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by fr3do(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
alaoeri:
This are sensible igbo & not some online paid brats, any body that mean well for this country won't want GEJ to rule beyond May 29th unless those that are illegally benefiting from his government.
GMB 2015.

Anyone who is a true lover of Nigeria won't go for the coup plotting tribalistic 70something year old religious fanatic.
I'm going for a lesser evil, GEJ

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by SeverusSnape(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
heheheheheheheheehehe...
IGBOS will still vote Jonathan, Wheather Ohaneze or adopts him or not. They can't be going around inspecting the ballot papers, would they?. To each his own, Let's just wait for the final outcome.
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by theV0ice: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
Of course that is wisdom.
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
fr3do:

Anyone who is a true lover of Nigeria won't go for the coup plotting tribalistic 70something year old religious fanatic.
I'm going for a lesser evil, GEJ

You better wake up and join the moving train or be forgotten with TANoids.
Can't you detect the signs of the times?

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:53pm On Jan 04, 2015
incase
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by jamace(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
If Ohaneze remains neutral, power will continue to elude them. This is a moment they should make themselves relevant in Nigerian politics.

Ndigbo kwenu !
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
jamace:
If Ohaneze remains neutral, power will continue to elude them. This is a moment they should make themselves relevant in Nigerian politics.

Ndigbo kwenu !

You're spot on. Peter Obi did Ndi Igbo injustice by resisting the coalition of the political parties that formed APC. He later abandoned them to join PDP.

For the industrious nature of the Ndi Igbo, they keep making naive political blunders.
You don't hedge all you bets in one basket. Especially a clueless one like the current PDP.
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by BrokenTV: 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
LRNZH:

You're spot on. Peter Obi did Ndi Igbo injustice by resisting the coalition of the political parties that formed APC. He later abandoned them to join PDP.

For the industrious nature of the Ndi Igbo, they keep making naive political blunders.
You don't hedge all you bets in one basket. Especially a clueless one like the current PDP.
Had Obi taking the trap set by APC we would have disown him., APC was formed out of hate they does not represent the general interest of the masses.

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by bonana: 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
I swear I be igbo, I swear I no like gej pattern but I also swear I will neva endorse buhari, who be dis ohaneze sef, cm to anambra, imo enugu n co n then ask whom the igbos support not those pot bellied scums up there in abuja representing their stomachs not ndi igbo.
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
bonana:
I swear I be igbo, I swear I no like gej pattern but I also swear I will neva endorse buhari, who be dis ohaneze sef, cm to anambra, imo enugu n co n then ask whom the igbos support not those pot bellied scums up there in abuja representing their stomachs not ndi igbo.

Why you no like GEJ pattern?

1 Like

Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
barcanista:
Igbos will surprise us all by voting Muhammadu Buhari en mass

You maybe right! Many Igbos are now indifferent towards the Presidential Election, especially after that Rev Mbaka Sermon! They are just concentrating on Governorship election!
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by NgeneEkwensu: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You maybe right! Many Igbos are now indifferent towards the Presidential Election, especially after that Rev Mbaka Sermon! They are just concentrating on Governorship election!

Eze ule

Okpo
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by LRNZH(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The Ebele and Azikiwe trick has worn thin.
Re: APC Applauds Ohanaeze: Reject Goodluck Jonathan; Stay Neutral by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
LRNZH:

The Ebele and Azikiwe trick has worn thin.

Yea! The name invokes anger from my people!

Jonathan really messed up!

(1) (Reply)

PICTURE: Kano Shut Down By Buhari Campaign / In Light Of Mynd44 Thread Seun/mods Please Unlock This Thread / removed post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.