Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor (794 Views)

Can Someone Practice LAW In Niigeria And America. / 10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / How ICAN/CITN Settlement Affects Members’ Right To Practice Taxation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor by eagleeyez: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
Please I need your inputs.am Abuja based and I did study law and have been called to the bar but have realised that I don't want to practice law,there's so much stress and little money

I instead would love to go into a fashion school and learn how to sew female wears and embroidery works also.

My people around are discouraging me on it , my mum inclusive.their opinion is that I combine both but I really don't wish to prractie law
Re: Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor by AceOfDiamonds(m): 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Since you have a flair for it,i see no reason why you cannot go for it. Many people see the work of a tailors/fashion designer as degrading and denigrating.
Inspite of this,there are well known and affluent designers like Mudi who have made a reputation for themselves and are today better off than some lawyers.

The main thing is for you never to lose sights of your goal and remain committed to it.

1 Like

Re: Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor by Wisegeek01(m): 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
You can be a Lawyer as well a fashion designer"

Its possible but you have got to find a way to fuse them together I.e having time for both*

But saying you don't want to practice law at all . .. You know your parents won't agree to that

Besides don't ever give up on the dream, since its coming from deep down, it means you might just bring something unique to the fashion industry"

For instance I'm into graphics designing and photography, also elctrical electronics engineer which is what I stuudied in school*
Re: Advice:don't Want To Practice Law Want To Be A Tailor by joywendy(f): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wisegeek01:
You can be a Lawyer as well a fashion designer"

Its possible but you have got to find a way to fuse them together I.e having time for both*

But saying you don't want to practice law at all . .. You know your parents won't agree to that

Besides don't ever give up on the dream, since its coming from deep down, it means you might just bring something unique to the fashion industry"

For instance I'm into graphics designing and photography, also elctrical electronics engineer which is what I stuudied in school*

I love your write up but you just had to spoil it with that statement in bold.

Do they own the life of the op?
Must they agree?
Yes they gave birth to him/her, trained him/her in school. So what?
Are they the ones who will be running around in the court room?

Really parents should stop forcing their kids into what they don't want to do.

@op were you forced into studying that law degree?

Anyhow forced or not. Remember you have a choice. Don't let anyone decieve you that you don't.

You have a choice to either
1. Go and do the law and forget about the fashion
2.Do the law combined with the fashion like someone stated above
3.Don't do the law and just go into the fashion irrespective of your parents choice.
4. Don't do any

You have this 4 choices.
Before you choose you have to consider the following:
1.Would it cause some positive change to you? Or would bring about some negative effects?
Weight it, are the postives more than the negatives? Or the reverse?
2.Consider the people you have in your life. Both the Present and the future ones. Will it affect them positively or negatively?
Weight it again!
3. Consider who is more at risk, can you bare the consequences of your action when things go wrong?

4. This is one of the most important!
Ask yourself is this really really what I wanna do? Either things go right or wrong, will I be able to put my foot on the ground and say "yes this is what I want and nothing on heaven or earth will stop me."?

After you have consider all this, then you can make your choice.

Remember you always have a choice wink

Goodluck

Best regards
Joy

(1) (Reply)

HELP!! A Professional Course As A Computer Science Graduate / SOS: HELP A BROTHER... I NEED A JOB / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.