Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? (3313 Views)

5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid / How To Repair Your Vehicle (Basics) / Citroen C5 Suspension Problems, Looking For An Experienced Engineer/mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
My fellow members of this forum, i hereby seek your help in finding a mechanical expert in repearing my dad's Citroen car even if i called it mine up there( title of post ) grin but seriously we are in need of an expert to do the job because from experience i believe road-side mechanics contribute to many problems associated with cars but in the case of CITROEN, experts in maintenance and repairs are scarce in Nigeria. The Citroen car which we used formally was butchered by the (condemn iron) they pay less! *sad* it was butchered simply because we couldn't get a competent mechanic after our personal mechanic left Lagos to occupy the position of a chief priest in his village cheesy grin funny but i don't want this second one to be butchered. undecided Please!!! wink
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by kelechi04: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ask Ikenna351.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by nurey(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
Citreon is closely related to peugeot as toyota is to lexus and honda to Acura and as our peugeot expert IKENNA would say, the LIONS don't perform well under abuse. Look for Mr Ikenna from the peugoet cars with attitude thread he may be of assistance.

I move the motion for (Mods please front page tins). Lol
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Lagusta(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ikenna351
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
motherlode:
My fellow members of this forum, i hereby seek your help in finding a mechanical expert in repearing my dad's Citroen car even if i called it mine up there( title of post ) grin but seriously we are in need of an expert to do the job because from experience i believe road-side mechanics contribute to many problems associated with cars but in the case of CITROEN, experts in maintenance and repairs are scarce in Nigeria. The Citroen car which we used formally was butchered by the (condemn iron) they pay less! *sad* it was butchered simply because we couldn't get a competent mechanic after our personal mechanic left Lagos to occupy the position of a chief priest in his village cheesy grin funny but i don't want this second one to be butchered. undecided Please!!! wink

What's type of citron? What year, engine type, transmission etc. Then what's wrong with it?
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by lonelydora: 5:05am On Jan 05, 2015
Ikenna351, where art thou are? Following thread. Ikenna351 will make me shift to Peugeot soonest.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by AutosBay(m): 8:28am On Jan 05, 2015
Ikenna351 is an expert in handling such cars.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 9:14am On Jan 05, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

What's type of citron? What year, engine type, transmission etc. Then what's wrong with it?

citroen xantia, wine colour. Bros how can i get to know the engine type, transmission e.t.c because my dad has gone out, jez tell me and i will reply as soon as possible but @ the owner side of the vehicle i.e. The door, i saw 2.0i 16v. I don't know if that's it?
Thanks for the mention and also thanks in anticipation of your reply! wink

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2015
lonelydora:
Ikenna351, where art thou are? Following thread. Ikenna351 will make me shift to Peugeot soonest.

Good morning Mr. Please how can i get the attention of Mr. Ikenna351? And i are you also using citroen, it's good to see you here! cool
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2015
AutosBay:
Ikenna351 is an expert in handling such cars.

ok, thanks but with all the mention Mr. Ikenna351 have not arrive in this thread yet! *sad*
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Ikenna351(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
motherlode:

citroen xantia, wine colour. Bros how can i get to know the engine type, transmission e.t.c because my dad has gone out, jez tell me and i will reply as soon as possible but @ the owner side of the vehicle i.e. The door, i saw 2.0i 16v. I don't know if that's it?
Thanks for the mention and also thanks in anticipation of your reply! wink

Just seeing the thread now.

Could you post the VIN of the Xantia? The number starts with VF7 (V for Europe, F for France & 7 for Citroen).

I want to check Citreon database to know what engine, transmission model & type, year model, etc. I need the year model to know if it has OBD 1, OBD II or no scan port.

The 2.0 litre engine you said you saw written means the car likely have XU10 engine. Notwithstanding, send the VIN to confirm.

Any good Peugeot Mechanic can handle the Xantia powertrain, since the petrol versions all have XU & ES engines which you will find in 306, 406, etc.

I would suggest you acquire Diagbox for electrical troubleshooting, if has OBD 1 or OBD II scan port.

I am waiting for the VIN.

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by nurey(m): 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ikenna351:

Could you post the VIN of the Xantia? The number starts with VF7 (V for Europe, F for France & 7 for Citroen).

I want to check Citreon database to know what engine, transmission model & type, year model, etc. I need the year model to know if it has OBD 1, OBD II or no scan port.

The 2.0 litre engine you said you saw written means the car likely have XU10 engine. Notwithstanding, send the VIN to confirm.

Any good Peugeot Mechanic can handle the Xantia powertrain, since the petrol versions all have XU & ES engines which you will find in 306, 406, etc.

I would suggest you acquire Diagbox for electrical troubleshooting, if has OBD 1 or OBD II scan port.

Ikenna
See op, when you say the magic word Mr Ikenna pops out just like robbing a magic genie lamp.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

weldone sir, the VIN is VF7X1RFVF72006925! But sir can you kindly drop your phone number so that whenever i am ready, my dad will give you a call? Thanks for your mention and also in anticipation of your reply! wink
* bit of joy *
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Ikenna351(m): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
motherlode:

weldone sir, the VIN is VF7X1RFVF72006925! But sir can you kindly drop your phone number so that whenever i am ready, my dad will give you a call? Thanks for your mention and also in anticipation of your reply! wink
* bit of joy *

Find few details of the VIN:

Vehicle: Citroën Xantia II

Warranty start start: * Not clear

Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

Silhouette : 5 Door Saloon.

Engine: XU10, 135 hp, 2.0 L, 16v, Inline-4.

Transmission: 5-speed manual, BE3, BVM5.

Interior trim type: Ancone Velour.

Body colour: Crimson.

Other Badge: 2,0 L, 16v.

Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

Fan: 2 fans, 2 speeds.

Wheel style: Steel Wheel.

Tyre: 185/65 R15 88H.

ABS: Available.

Alternator: 80 Amp.

Air Conditioning: Available.

Etc.

If you want the remaining details, mail or text me your email address to forward.

My phone number is 08052811236. If you guys are in Abuja, you can ask your Dad to bring the car for me to check the state of the systems.

Ikenna
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Ikenna351(m): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
Op,

Your Dad will need the Peugeot starter DVD I produced last year. The DVD will prevent anyone from butchering his Citroens anymore. Find the link below:

The vol. II will be out soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/1942595/dvd-how-prevent-breakdown-expensive

Ikenna
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ikenna351:

Find few details of the VIN:

Vehicle: Citroën Xantia II

Warranty start start: * Not clear

Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

Silhouette : 5 Door Saloon.

Engine: XU10, 135 hp, 2.0 L, 16v, Inline-4.

Transmission: 5-speed manual, BE3, BVM5.

Interior trim type: Ancone Velour.

Body colour: Crimson.

Other Badge: 2,0 L, 16v.

Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

Fan: 2 fans, 2 speeds.

Wheel style: Steel Wheel.

Tyre: 185/65 R15 88H.

ABS: Available.

Alternator: 80 Amp.

Air Conditioning: Available.

Etc.

If you want the remaining details, mail or text me your email address to forward.

My phone number is 08052811236. If you guys are in Abuja, you can ask your Dad to bring the car for me to check the state of the systems.

Ikenna

thank you sir, God bless you but i would like to get the complete details my mail address below Adebowaleabayomi20@gmail.com
and also we don't reside in Abuja but in Lagos so how can we get to you or do you have a subsidiary workshop in Lagos? *sad* thanks for the reply! And thanks in anticipation of your reply!
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Ikenna351(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
I have forwarded the complete VIN details to the email address you provided above.

Ikenna
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ikenna351:
I have forwarded the complete VIN details to the email address you provided above.

Ikenna
thanks, but do you have any subsidiary workshop in lagos?!.
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by Ikenna351(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
motherlode:

thanks, but do you have any subsidiary workshop in lagos?!.

I stay in Abuja. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by fishleg123: 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
@ motherlode, what part of Lagos do u stay, I can help u
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by fishleg123: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
@ motherlode
, what part of Lagos do u stay, I can help u
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by motherlode: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
fishleg123:
@ motherlode
, what part of Lagos do u stay, I can help u
i stay @meiran in lagos and you, i am looking forward to your help!
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by dayo1971: 12:19am On May 31, 2017
[qCan anyone in the house give me a contact To Help repair a Citreon xantia spheres -suspensions . Pls send me an SMS to 08055069874 and I will call you. Thank you.
motherlode:

Good morning Mr. Please how can i get the attention of Mr. Ikenna351? And i are you also using citroen, it's good to see you here! cool

uote author=motherlode post=29504468]

Thanks for the mention and also thanks in anticipation of your reply! wink[/quote]
Re: Help!!! How Can I Get A Mechanical Expert To Repair My Citroen Car? by dayo1971: 12:22am On May 31, 2017
[qi have an unregistered Citreon xantia wagon I stay in Baruwa, ipaja and needs someone to help me repair the back hydraulics. uote author=motherlode post=29881639]
i stay @meiran in lagos and you, i am looking forward to your help![/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help!!!!.....toyota Camry 08/10 VS Lexus Es350 07/08 / Why Do Most Nigerians Keep Koboko On The Dashboard Of Their Car? / Enough Been Said On (manufacturer Engine Oil)5w 20, 5w 30, 0w 40 ,10w 40, 5w 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.